Strawberry Swing

OHANA!

🎶 Strawberry Swing by Coldplay

 

 

 

 

 

"Coach is getting worried with you" Yixing patted Yifan's back.

"Why?" Yifan asked trying to catch his breath. They're having their water break and everyone's   exhausted from the practice.

"You're overdoing the practice. I know you still spend another hours playing after all the team left." Yixing said.

"Me and Chanyeol are graduating this year Xing. You'll be in medical  school too after this. Being the captain of the university's basketball team, i thinks it's my responsibility to give us another championship before I left." Yifan explained.

"You don't have to be hard on yourself Yifan. For the past 3 years of you being our captain you've given the team its undefeated title."

"Don't worry about me Yixing. I'm fine." The team captain assured him.

"It's not just the team who has been worrying. She's been asking us if you're ok." Yixing said

"J-junie?"

"Yeah!almost everyday she would ask Chanyeol or Me."

"I'll just message her." Yifan sighed.

It's been two weeks since the last time they talked. He still see her around the campus but he couldn't even greet her properly.

"You two aren't even in a relationship yet but you act as if you're a couple already." Yixing chuckled.

Yifan grinned with that statement.

He likes her so much.

He promised that after the championship game he'll ask her out to have some coffee again.
 

 

 

 



"You've  been checking your phone for a hundred times now Junhee" Baekhee said.

"She's waiting for someone's message" Minseok teased.

"He message me last night." Junhee said.

"Oh really? So you're not worried now?" Baekhee grinned.

"I'm not worried" Junhee was flustered.

"Yeah right. You've been pestering Yixing and my Chanyeol with your 'How's Yifan?' 'Is Yifan ok?'. Yeah you're not worried." Baekhee mocked.

"Was the 'my Chanyeol' that necessary?" Junhee frowned.

"Ofcourse" Baekhee smirked.
"And you're still worried."

"Ok fine, I am. But that stupid giant doesn't know how to rest." Junhee pouted.

"Look who acts like she's the girlfriend" Minseok teased.

"I'm not!" Junhee glared

"The championship game will happen this weekend so just a few more days." Baekhee said.
"Let's go watch."

"And what? You'll scream Chanyeol's name?" Minseok shakes her head.

"Is it wrong to support him?" Baekhee

"She probably made a banner with his name on it by now" Junhee laughed.

"Are you two my bestfriend?" Baekhee whined.

"Love you Baek!"  Minseok and Junhee both said.
 

 

 

 

 



Yifan is contemplating if he should call her or not.

"She might be sleeping now." He mumbled to his self.

But he was startled with the sound ringing of his phone.
An incoming call from someone he was about to call aswell.

"Junhee" he immediately answered. He tried to sound casual but excitement is in his tone.

["Oh you answered. I was thinking you were sleeping already." ]Junhee said on the other line.

"Still packing some stuff for the game tomorrow" Yifan said.

["Oh my! Am I disturbing you?" ]She asked.

"No it's ok! I'm actually waiting for a Good luck message from someone." Yifan grinned.


["Really? From who? Ahmm I m-mean if you won't tell me it's ok." ] Junhee's voice hints a tone of sadness.

"Well, Miss Choi hadn't wish me a good luck yet" Yifan chuckled

["Huh?"]Junhee was confused for a moment. Asking herself if who's this Miss Choi, Yifan was referring to.

"Won't you wish me luck Miss Junhee Choi?" Yifan asked.

["Y-you mean me?"]
Yifan chuckled again after hearing her flustered voice. In his mind appears a blushing Junhee.

"You're the only Junhee Choi I know." Yifan laughed.

["Well then, good luck for the game tomorrow. " ]

"Thank you Junhee. Let's have some coffee after this championship." He said.

["You should win the game first or i'll reject your invitation." She giggled]

"Oh really? So if we win will you go out with me?"

["Like a date?" ]

"Yeah, a date"

["Win the game first Mr. Wu"]

"I'll surely win Miss Choi" yifan grinned.

["Need to end this call now so you could also rest. Good night Yifan. See you tomorrow"]

"Good night junie"
Yifan smiled as he ended the call.

"Lucky charm" 

 

 

 

 

 

"I hate you Choi Junhee" Baekhee cried while dragging the girl inside the arena where the University Basketball Championship is held.

"I'm sorry. I didn't notice the time. I was busy making some snacks." Junhee apologized.

"Snacks are sold everywhere inside the arena." Baekhee scold.

"It's unhealthy. And besides i'm giving this to Yifan" she pouted.

"Oh yeah girlfriend duties. That's why you have that lunch box." Baekhee smirked.
"and you dress up unusually nice today"

'I usually dress nice you meanie!" Junhee frowned. "And I'm not his girlfriend....."

"Not yet for now. But soon" Baekhee teased.

"And how about you, what's with rolled paper?" Junhee pointed on the thing her bestfriend was holding.

"Nothing" Baekhee answered. Avoiding the intent gazed of the girl infront of her.

"Oh my gosh don't tell me you seriously have a banner for Chanyeol" Junhee shrieked.

"Shut up Junhee Choi."











The 2nd Quarter ended with a tie score.
And the team captain is a bit anxious with the result.

"You can rest for the whole 3rd quarter Yifan. You don't have to push your limit here." Yixing said. He's worried.

"I'm fine Yixing!"

"You're not" Chanyeol said.

"I said I'm fine!!' Yifan yelled at them.
His team mates even shrieked from the sudden outburst.

"You're not!" Yixing yelled back.
"If you don't really care for yourself go on, play all throughout  the game without taking substitute. Go injure yourself! But somehow please don't ignore the fact that we're all worried and we're a team here. You're not alone. Junhee is watching aswell haven't you notice how she's worried for you?"

Yifan look down the moment he heard Junhee's name.

Seeing her smiling and clapping as he shoot for points fueled the desire for him to win against the other team.

But Yixing's right he can't ignore the worry in her eyes everytime he falls or everytime their opponent push him just to steal the ball and he stumbled on the ground.

"Captain, she's outside" one of his team mates said.

"Huh?"

"Miss Choi is outside." Their coach said.
"Go talk to her and get back to your senses Yifan."

 

 





"What are you doing here?" Yifan ask when he went out of their locker room.

Junhee was holding a bag and a pompoms. She looks adorable especially with her blushing cheeks.

"I just want to give you this snacks. I'll leave immediately since i'm not really allowed in here." She shyly smiled at the tall man.

"Thank you Junhee" he said.

"Oh no problem.I made some sandwiches  You can share it with them too." Junhee said.
"We're cheering up there. Baek brought this pompoms as a props." She shyly held out the red pompoms.
"She even got a banner for Chanyeol." Junhee giggled

He didn't know what came into his mind but he softly pulled Junhee towards him and hugged her.

"I'm tired Junie" he sighed.

Junhee, who recovered from the shocked of that sudden hug, patted his back.
"Stop pushing yourself then Fan. You know it's just a game. You win, you lose. Besides you have your teammates. You're not alone."

"They're strong too" he said, referring to their opponent.

"But our team's the best coz you're their captain" she giggled.

Yifan pulled himself out of that small hug and looked at Junhee.

"You're a cheering angel huh?" He grinned.

"I'm here to bring you snacks though and to remind you not to get yourself hurt  on the game" she pouted.

"You're still an angel. I'm sorry for suddenly hugging you Junie." He shyly smiled.

"It's ok, though you're sweating" she joked.

"Oh my god! Do i smell bad?" Yifan sniffed his self

"No you're not." She laughed.

"You smell like strawberry though." he blurted out.

Junhee's eyes widens.

". You didn't hear that. Forget what I said." Yifan was flustered.

That made Junhee laughed so loud.

The other team, who's locker was just a few blocks away, saw them.

"You're cute Fan."


"I-i have to go back inside Jun. Thanks for this again." Yifan said still awkward because of what he accidentally said.

"Don't hurt yourself Wu Yifan" she said.
"Or i'll get mad at you!"

"Aye aye!" He chuckled.

She looks so cute with her scolding face.

"Fighting!" She cheered.

"I still promise to win this game so i could ask you for a date." Yifan reminded.

"Just play this game without you getting hurt or getting injured ok? Maybe I'll say yes for that date after." She sweetly smiled.

"Ok then! I'll do my best" he held out his fist in the air. "Fighting!"

 

 




"He's grinning! He looks like an idiot" Chanyeol said to Yixing.

"I heard that Park!" Yifan glared.
"You'll be incharge with the 3rd quarter. I'll return on the half part of the 4th quarter. They're not an easy opponent so we need to do our best effort here. Win or lose, we need to give our best shot. But winning is still our goal here. Understand?"

"YES CAPTAIN!!!" Everyone shouted!.

Yixing smiled at him.

"Junhee's the answer huh?" Yixing said.

"Ahhh love bug" Chanyeol smirked.

"But have you seen Baekhee's banner? Wasn't that sweet too?" Yixing teased.

Chanyeol's dobi ears turn red.
 

 

 





"I'm nervous!" Baekhee said.

"They'll win" Junhee said.

Though somehow she's a bit anxious.
Her eyes is focus on the captain who's standing on the side while watching his team play.
 

 



There's still 5 minutes left for the 4th quarter and Yifan's team got an 8 points lead against the other contender.

Being so desperate in becoming the champion and win against the well know undefeated team, their opponent decided to go for some dirty tactics.
That includes pushing and verbally trigger the opposing players.
 

 

Yifan called for a time out.


"Just don't mind the words that keep coming out of their mouths. They're just distracting us. Focus on the game." Yifan's advise.

"Captain, Sungjae's injured because of them." One of his team mates said.

Yifan sighed.

"I'll play now!"

 

 



"Well look who's playing again" the team captain of the rival group whispered to Yifan.
"Are you ready to lose today?"

"We got the lead have you forgotten about that fact?" Yifan smirked.

"Your team will lose. And everyone will be injured before the game ends" He said

"You and your dirty tactics. You don't actually deserved to play on the finals." Yifan chuckled.
"But oh well, you wanted to taste the defeat."

The guy growled.

The referee whistled.

"You have a pretty girlfriend Wu! Want to trade for the championship you badly want?" The man smirked.

"I can win this without your dirty game. And about my girlfriend? why would i trade her for this championship? I'de rather lose. She's the universe to me. She's more worth it." He smirked



 

 




The referee whistled!


For the forth time, Seoul University is the Champion.


Yifan was tackled by his team mates after shooting a three points, 2 seconds before the 4th quarter ends.

"You're the best captain!" Everyone shouts.

"We're the best!!" Yifan grinned.

 



"They won" Baekhee cried while waving her banner.
"Chanyeol won!"

Minseok and Jongdae laughed at her.

Junhee smiled as she watched Yifan and his team gather for a group hug.

Yifan looked up and scanned to find her.

 


He then immediately flashes a smile as soon as his eyes landed on her smiling face.



Junhee held out a two thumbs up.

Yifan chuckled.
His lucky charm.
 

 

 

 



"Congratulations!" Junhee greeted Yifan, the next day they meet at the University

"Thank you Miss choi!" He smiled.
"We have an after party celebration later. Do you want to come?"

"Oh sorry, I have a ballet practice tonight so I cant" she apologized.

"It's ok!"

"But we still have Saturday" she grinned


"Saturday? What do you mean?" He's confused.

"Date! I owe you a 'yes' right?" She giggled.

"Ohhh the date!" He smirked.

"Do you have a plan for that day Mr. Wu?"

"It's a surprise Miss Choi." He said.

"Well then I'll be anticipating that surprise" she said.

"Now I'm getting anxious!" He laughed.

"My happiness is so shallow Yifan. I'll be fine with anything." She said.
"By the way, do you like strawberry?"

Yifan suddenly froze.

"W-why?" He asked

"Why are your stuttering?" She asked with her eyes intently staring at him.
 

Yifan wanted to facepalm his self.

"Y-You have to forget what I said yesterday Junnie. I didn't mean to sniffed your hair." He explained.

 

Junhee burst out laughing because of Yifan's  honesty and flustered face.

"I wasn't talking about that. I'm just asking you because i'll be making some strawberry cheesecake this weekend." Junhee giggled

"What?!!"

"Thank you for being honest though. So you sniffed my hair huh?" She grinned.

"I didn't mean to." Junhee's looking at him with grin on her lips. "Seriously Junhee, stop looking at me with that look of yours" Yifan frowned.

"You're so cute Fan" she chuckled and pinched his cheeks.
"I have to go now! Enjoy that after party later. And see you on Saturday....strawberry fan-fan" she teased.



"JUNHEE!!" he whined.






But Yes..
 

Yifan loves strawberry...


And he loves Junhee's strawberry scented hair....
 

 

 

 


And he loves Junhee....
 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

well now we all know why Sehun loves strawberry so much right? 🍓

Have a sweet day everyone!

Xoxo