10. Love Is All We Need

OHANA!

 

🎶 "Lost in a dance
Waiting for the chance
All I really needed was to love you" 🎶



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

 


It was a pleasant ambiance the moment Kyungsoo step inside the restaurant.

"K Mio Amoure" she mumbled .

There nothing Korean in the name but it's as if you were brought back in to the Joseon Era of Korea due to the interior of the resto.
If you were a korean, you will surely feel at home.

Kyungsoo smiled.

Indeed he was a grown up man now.

"Hi, table for one?" A smiling girl approached her. Must be one of the staff since she's wearing a nameplate.

"Ah, actually i'm looking for Mr. Jongin Wu." She said.

"Jongin Wu? We don't have a certain Jongin Wu here. Does he have a reservation?"
The girl asked again

Kyungsoo was then confused.
She don't know Jongin?

"Elle, table number 4 got an additional order of samgyupsal, can you please get it in the kitchen? I'll assist our pretty lady here" another guy then appeared.
But he's wearing a more formal wear.

"Hi I'm Ricky, I heard you're looking for Jongin Wu. I'm sorry the staff here only knew him as Chef Kai." The guy smiled. She can see that he's much older than Jongin.
But somehow there is something about him.

"Ricky Kim! I'm half korean." The man laughed.
"I'm Jongin's uncle too. I'm Junhee's cousin on the mother side."

"Ah! That's why you kinda look like him" Kyungsoo said.

"Somehow! And you are?" Ricky smiled

"I'm sorry, i'm Kyungsoo. Park Kyungsoo "she said.

"Are you related to Park Chanyeol?" he asked.

"He's my father"

"Ah, that's why you're as pretty as Byun Baekhee." Ricky chuckled

"Is Jongin here?" She asked.

"He's not here yet. I'm even asking that too. He's never been late especially that it's weekend. If you want you can stay at his office for awhile. He Must be on his way now"

"Would that be ok?" She asked.

"Ofcourse. I'll call Ryan, his assistant, so he can call Jongin that you are here"






It was just a small office yet a very cozy one.
The first thing you will see inside his office is the big picture frames of the Wu Family.
One is when they were still young since Sophie was still being carried by Uncle Yifan. The other one was the recent, must be taken from there trip to China.

She smiled how Jongin was still family oriented.

There was also a picture of them when they were still kids together with Luhan and Sehun.

She was busy looking for a picture of Jongin and Krystal that she didn't notice a small picture that was place underneath the glass cover of his table




"Where is he?" She heard ricky asked a guy who's standing right in front of the kitchen door.

"I don't know. He's not answering his phone. But we have a bigger problem. Someone called me for a reservation. It's from the Foreign Embassy. The Ambassadors from European Union would like to have lunch here, since they want to taste an authentic Korean Cuisine."

Kyungsoo could hear the panic in the man's voice.
She can even see the worry in the face of the staff.

Where's that stupid guy anyway?



"Is there anything I can help?" She asked.

Everyone's eyes are now turned to her.

"Oh my goodness. You accepted his proposal!" The new guy suddenly shrieked.

"Huh?" She was again confused.

"I'm Ryan, Chef Kai's assistant. Since you are here, you will surely be a big help for us right now." flashed of relief could now be seen in the face of the guy.

"Who is she Sir Ryan?" One of the staff asked.

"She is Boss Kai's childhood friend and she will be our patissier for the next 2 weeks" Ryan announced.

Some where amazed while some of the girls (who had a crush on Jongin) seems to dislike the idea that there is another woman in their Boss' life.
Him having a girlfriend is a hindrance and now that the new patissier is even more beautiful the chances are getting smaller.

"I'm Kyungsoo! I wish for your help and kindness!" She bowed and smile.

"Now Miss Kyungsoo, I need your help for today's korean dish! I know you're not just good with baking" Ryan smiled.

Same with Uncle Ricky who's glad there's a Kyungsoo that will save them.

 

Now, Seriously where's that idiot Wu Jongin?

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 


Jongin's eyes roamed around his resto.


Lots of people are chatting while happily eating their foods.

And why is there so many men wearing a formal attire?

His employees are running around in hurry to accommodate each and every orders of the customers.

"Two orders of Dakbokkeumtang again please" he heard one of his staff said in the counter.



When did Dakbokkeumtang included in their menu?

That's his favorite dish.

(Coz it's chicken. Spicy Chicken and potato stew)

But though he's a genius chef, as what other said, he can't even perfect the said dish.

Only his Mom, Auntie Minseok and....

 

It couldn't be her right?

Jongin immediately rushed inside the kitchen.

The said place was a total war zone.

From frying, grilling, chopping and boiling, everyone are busy.

His eyes scanned the whole kitchen looking for that familiar figure.

 

There in the corner  of the kitchen, a woman standing infront of the stove while stirring the dish she was making. Her back was against him.
Her short hair was tied in a messy bun. The long sleeves of her oversized shirt was rolled up to her elbow.

It is her.

He's sure of it.

He was about to approached her when his Uncle Ricky suddenly blocked his way

"Where the hell have you been? Ryan has been calling you. The European Ambassadors are all here" his uncle ranted

But he doesnt care at all.
The only thing he wanted to do right now is to see her up closed so he could confirm that it's not a dream and that she's seriously here.

"Uncle, out of my way please." Jongin said and slightly pushed his uncle in the side.

He started walking towards her.


"Kyungie" he whispered.

The woman was so focus with her cooking that she hadn't noticed the man behind her.

Jongin softly grab her arms for her to face him.

Kyungsoo was shocked from the sudden touch.

"Y-you're really here" Jongin stutter.

This is for real. He thought.

"You scared me you stupid." Kyungsoo glared.


Without words Jongin pulled her towards him and tightly embraced her.



"J-jongin?" Kyungsoo was flustered from the sudden action.

"I'm glad you're here" Jongin mumbled as his face were burried on top of her head.


"I'm still cooking" she said and tried to push Jongin. The whole kitchen staff were looking at them weirdly.


"I'm sorry." He immediately let go of Kyungie from the hug.

"Ehem! Boss, The ambassadors would like to talk you" Ryan said

"Okay" Jongin glanced at her, hesitating to leave the kitchen.

Kyungsoo smiled assuring him that she'll be still there.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -



🎶 Night after night
Searchin' for the light
You saved me
You gave me something I could feel 🎶

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


11PM, the restuarant was already closed.

The staff are bidding their goodbyes to their coworkers and boss.

Jongin was leaning down his head against the wooden table.
It was an exhausting day.


Though he was late, he still managed to helped in the kitchen.
The cooking of food became much easier though since Kyungsoo was there.

One of the ambassadors even asked why the Dakbokkeumtang wasn't in there menu.
It's the best korean dish they ever tasted. And K Mio Amoure is the best Korean restaurant they have ever visited.


Overall they all love the foods and the services and they promised to return.


For Jongin, he was glad it was a hectic day.
For awhile, he forgot about every emotional dilemma and pain he was feeling.

"Dinner?" A bowl of rice top with Dakbokkeumtang was placed in front of him.

It was Kyungsoo


Then she sat beside him.

"It's kinda late but I have never seen you eat a decent meal since this morning" she said.

"Thank you" he smiled.

"You're welcome" she smiled too.

 

Silence.



"Why?" He asked.


"Hmm?" She looked at him.

"Why are you here?" Jongin's eyes were on her too.

"I wanted a vacation." She lied.

"Tomorrow is Sunday, do you want me to tour you around LA?" He asked.

"You look exhausted Jongin. You should rest. I can manage to tour myself around her" Kyungsoo said.

"I'm fine. I can't risk you being lost in this big city. Uncle Chanyeol might kill me" he said.

"No! You look like a zombie right now. What have you been doing with your life lately since you went back?"

 

He was just silent



"And besides you might have a date with your girlfriend" Kyungsoo said.



"We're not together now" he murmured

"Huh? What did you say?why are you eating your words?"

"We broke up!" He said.

Kyungsoo's eyes widens.

"Ohh, I'm sorry!" She said.




Was it relief she felt inside?

Is it bad that deep inside she's happy?

 

But still she could see how Jongin was trying to coped with everything and the emotional distressed.
Maybe that's why he look so tired.

"It's ok! Maybe it was meant to happen. We've been drifting apart since the day K Mio became a hit to the public." He said.

He won't tell her about the truth of  Krystal  cheating on him.
It will just fuel to the worries he could see now on Kyungsoo's eyes.

"Are you sure?" She asked, tears slowly forming in her eyes.

"Hey don't look at me like that. And please don't cry infront of me. It's my fault not yours" He forced a smile.

"Dakbokkeumtang is the best when your sad. You should eat that" she said. "It will make you happy and it's chicken"

Jongin laughed.

"Who said that?"

"Me!" She smiled.

"Thank you again Kyungie. And i'm sorry for hugging you earlier. I'm just shocked and happy seeing you here" Jongin is truely happy that she's here.

And the hug? He couldn't even comprehend why did he did that.

It's like an automatic reaction for him to hug Kyungsoo.

 

 


This time it was Kyungsoo who leaned closer to hugged him.

Lights were turned off the moment she embraced him.

They were the only people left inside the dim restaurant.

It was a bit awkward since they were sitting but Jongin could feel the sincerity in that hug.

It's like breathing a fresh air the moment Kyungsoo hugged him.

"You'll be okay. I'll help you in my two weeks of stay here" she said.

"That will be too much Kyungie, but thank you"
Jongin said

"Stop thanking me. I'm your friend. You even proclaimed yourself as my bestfriend back then. We might have misunderstandings but i'm still here for you" she smiled.



She wasn't embracing him now but her head was leaning against his shoulder.


Just like when they were still kids, when they were still in middle schools and when there was no Krystal yet in their life.

"I'm still your bestfriend." he said and run his fingers through her hair.
Just like old days.

"Let's forget the past and start something new. Ok bestfriend?" Kyungsoo grinned.

"Ok then, bestfriend" Jongin chuckled



 

 

 

 

Song: 🎶LOVE IS ALL THAT MATTERS 🎶




A/N

Short update. ^^
I have two ideas in my mind on how will I end Kaisoo's story

- a full of fluff and flowery path to Happy Ending

Or still a rough road to Happy Ending

Wish me luck on my choice

Xoxo