5. I Love You, Good bye?

OHANA!

 


"What's with the frown in your face, Unnie."
Kyungsoo asked the older girl in front of her.
The two were at a café just outside the University.

"Sehun's not answering my call." Luhan said with a pout in her face.

"Now you're looking for him when in the first place you are the one who shooed him away." Kyungsoo laughed.

"I know! I know! But... Ok Whatever!"
Kyungie is right so she place her phone inside her bag though she's still disappointed.
"What's up with you?" Luhan asked.

"Nothing. Still asking my self if what should i do after i finish all my GE classes this year."
Kyungsoo answered and sip on her juice.

"You'll take up culinary right? With Jongin?"

"Yeah. But that guy is still busy with both his studies and pursuing Krystal." Kyungsoo frowned.

"Ohh so someone is jealous huh?" Luhan smirked.

"I'm not" Kyungsoo glared.

"You are though. You know what let's just join that Musical Play this coming University Day. I think Audition is still on going."
Luhan said.

"What? Are you kidding me? And what should i do? I'm not a good singer unnie." Kyungsoo whined.

"Eyy! Well then, let's do a duet, so you won't be nervous."

"But we'll still going to have an individual role in that play if we pass the audition" Kyungsoo frowned. If her Luhan unnie is very happy about joining this play well then she's the opposite. She's too shy and she has a stage fright. Why the heck she didn't even get both of the confidence of her parents.

"You'll do great Kyungie. Trust me! And you know what this play is very much awaited by everyone in the University rather than the Cheer dance competition." Luhan grinned.

"I hate you Unnie!" Kyungsoo pouted. She can't say no to a very persistent Luhan.

"Ah i love you too baby girl"



- - - - - - - -




Kyungsoo was looking forward for a peaceful saturday.
But seeing Wu Jongin in their dining table while happily chatting with her mom and dad over breakfast, she knows it will never be.

"Why are you here?" She asked.

"Kyungie, it's not how you greet someone in the morning" her mother scolded her.

"I miss Auntie Baekhee and Uncle Chanyeol. That's why i'm here" the 'stupid' Jongin smiled.

"Isn't he sweet, Channie" Baekhee giggled.

Kyungie's face is plastered with a dislike look.






"Seriously what are you doing here?" Kyungsoo asked.

The two were at Kyungsoo's tree house located at the backyard of the Park's household.

"Didn't i say that I miss Auntie Baek and..."

"Stop kidding me!" She cuts him off.

"Eyy. You know me that much huh?" Jongin chuckled

"Don't tell me you'll want me to tutor you with your studies again. Like you already in Senior High Wu Jongin." She pouted.

"I'm not here for that. I just want to tell you that I'm happy right now." He smiled.

How can Kyungsoo contradict to that?
"That's good then. Just don't forget about your studies." She said.

"You don't have to worry. I'm doing well. Remember I promised you that we will both take culinary when i finish High School right? I'm going to be the best chef."
He grinned

Atleast that made Kyungsoo smile. He still remember the promise they made during middle school.

"And I miss staying here in your Tree House. I miss my bestfriend" jongin said.

"Shut up Wu Jongin!"

"Ohhh you just told me to shut up. So you now acknowledge me as your bestfriend?" He asked.

Coz that's the only label i will be for you. She wanted to say.

"you'll still insist anyway so i'll try to accept it then" she frowned

"Yaah! That's harsh Squishy." Jongin glared.

"Burn Wu Jongin" she laughed.

"Ahhh so you want to fight me huh?" Jongin smirked.

"Yah Wu Jongin! No tickling or i'll kick you out of my tree house."
She said with her stern look.

But her glare just looks cute for Jongin.
Kyungsoo was about to stand up but the latter grab her arms quickly.
He pinned her down. She was trapped below Jongin. He started tickling her and she was laughing and squealing uncontrollably.
She tried kicking him, punching him and even tickling him back yet nothing seemed to work.

"I can't breath Nini" kyungsoo helplessly said.
Jongin then immediately stop on his tickling assault.
He looks down at Kyungsoo who's catching her breath.

"I hate you" she whined
"Get off me"

"I win" he laughed.
He stood up and reached out for her hand to let her sit.

"Yahh WuJongin! I really really hate you"  She glared.

But she can't stop the fast beating of her heart.


"I'll be on the basketball team this coming University Day. You should watch me play. You'll be proud of me." He said and sat beside her.


"I won't watch. I'm still mad at you." She said, but she was just joking.

She stood up and was about to go down of that tree house.
But Jongin was suddenly on her back and leaned his head against her own.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

Here it goes again. That feelings she was trying to hide.

"I don't know. I just miss you. It's been 2 weeks since i last hang out with you." He said.

"You've been busy. I understand that. And besides you were trying to pursue her remember." She said.
She's trying not to give in on that emotion.

"Yeah! I know!"

"Nini...."


"Yeah Squishy?"


"We'll enter culinary school together right?" She asked.
She was just making sure of that but it feels like she was begging for him to fulfill that promise.

"Ofcourse" he answered.


They stayed in that position for a while.
Kyungsoo could hear both her and Jongin's heart beat.



One, telling how much she love the guy who's leaning against her right now.


While the other...



  ...it's beating for someone else.



A sudden loud ringtone interrupted the moment.
It was Jongin's phone.
He took out his phone from his pocket and look at the caller's name.



"It's Krystal" he said.



(My love is yours)




Will he answer it? She asked herself

If he does then she should know her place.


A bright smile was again plastered in his face.


"Hi Krystal! Yes?"




(But Your love's not mine)



- - - - - - - - - - -

 




"Guess what Kyungie? We pass the audition" Luhan hugged her tight.

"Wow! Really?" She was shocked too. Actually (for Kyungsoo) it was all Luhan's effort why the both of them pass.

"And you know what's the title of the play?"

"What?" Oh please let it be an easy one.

"Les Misérables" Luhan squealed.

"WHAT? Unnie wait... I'm not a good singer. Are you kidding me?" Kyungsoo was flustered.

"Oh shut up Kyungie. Meeting will be on Friday and the roles will be announce on that day so be ready" The older girl grinned.








"She'll be Cosette" Kyungsoo proudly said during their monthly dinner (it's a must due to the mom's squad) with the Wu and Kim's.

"Wow is it true Lulu?" Minseok asked her daughter.

"Yeah! But i'm not happy" Luhan pouted.

"Why?" Her Auntie Junhee asked.

"Coz Kyungie doesn't have a role she'll just be a part of the second voices and will act as one of the French people." Luhan said.

"Oh Unnie. It's fine with me.Very much fine"Kyungsoo grinned. Atleast she won't be in the main line up for the act.

"You still have your stage fright Kyungie?" Junhee asked.

"Yes she is Junnie" Baekhee answered in behalf of her daughter.

"Oh we have a good news too. Our princess here, will play as Odette in her ballet recital" The proud mother (Junhee) said.

"Aw. Sophie is so like you Junhee." Minseok said

"But Mama is still the best ballet dancer for me" Sophie said and hug her mom.

"Where are the twins?" Chanyeol asked

"Nini has a basketball practice. He'll be late. As for Sehunnie, he still have some project he needs to finish but he'll try to catch dinner with us"

"Those two are so busy now a days. They are both growing so fast." Jongdae said.

"You bet. And seeing Daeul and Jiwon playing, it's been a long time since my twins played video games together." Yifan sighed.


"Did he tell you why he's not here?" Kyungsoo whispered at Luhan

"Huh?"

"Sehun"

"Ah! No. We rarely talk to each other now. He's avoiding me. I didn't even say he should do that" Luhan frowned

"It's your fault" kyungsoo silently laughed.

"Yah! And how about Jongin?"

"Like what Auntie Junhee said. He's busy with his basketball practice" Kyungsoo said.


"And Krystal"


"Yeah..and that one too"

"Aren't you jealous?" Luhan asked again

"Hmmm Auntie Minnie as always your pasta is amazing" kyungsoo said, avoiding the question.

"Yeah you are!" Luhan just shakes her head.




- - - - - - - -

 


(1 Month later)

Finally, she found Oh Sehun.
The idiot has been avoiding her for almost 2 months now, though his been answering some of her text messages.
Luhan has been busy with both being a senior in college and the play for the coming University Day next week.

"Yahh!" She smack his head the moment she was beside him.

"Ouch! That one hurts Miss Kim" Sehun whined.
"Was that how you greeted someone you haven't seen for the longest."

"Why are you hiding from me?" She pouted.

"I'm not" he said.

"You are you idiot" and smack him in his arms this time.

"That's physical abuse Lu!" He said while caressing his arms.

"Ugghh! I hate you" she grab a handful of his now  blonde hair and slightly tug it.

"Hey. Why are you hurting Sehun?" a girl suddenly appeared in front of them. The girl was from highschool  department base on the uniform she was wearing.

Luhan raised an eyebrow.
"It's not your problem!"

"It is my problem! He's my boyfriend" the girl said.

Luhan's grip on Sehun's hair loosen.
"Ohh! Is she your girlfriend?" She asked the guy beside him.

Instead of answering Sehun just grab his bag and started walking away from the two girls.

"Sehun oppa! Wait up!" The girl said.
"Yaah Agassi! Be thankful i was the only one who saw you doing that to Sehun if some of his fans saw you you'll be in danger. I'm a nice girlfriend though" the girl smirked.


- - - - - - - - -


"Kyungieeee! He has a girlfriend!" Luhan was wailing her hearts out while holding a pint of strawberry ice cream.

"You're the one who told him to have a girlfriend. Now you're wailing like that as if You are his girlfriend."
Kyungsoo frowned.

Luhan scoop a mouthful of ice cream and stuff it in . As always Kyungsoo is right.

She was preparing for this but she can't still help but cry.

"Now who's idiot now? Wu Sehun or You?" Kyungsoo asked

"I hate you Park Kyungsoo"



- - - - - - - -

"What? But the play is 3 days from now. She can't be sick!" Luhan and Kyungsoo heard the director complains on someone from the other line.
"I'll try to find someone who will replace her" he sighed.

"What do you think happened?" Kyungsoo asked.

They heard him clap his hand, catching everyone attention on that theater hall.

"We have a bad news.Yuri can't join the play since she's sick"

A loud mumbling noises can be heard around the hall.

"We need a replacement for her" the director said.

Everyone is anticipating who will be chosen, since there are lots who wanted to have that now available role.

"This role is very important you know that. I need someone who will amazingly portray this character. And i think i found someone perfect for this."

Everyone is quiet.

"Who do you think it will be?" Kyungie whispered at Luhan.

"I don't know."


"Congratulations Park Kyungsoo. You'll be Eponine"

There eyes went straight to girl who's eyes is already widen with shock.

"Omo! Congratulations Kyungie-ah" Luhan hug her.


WHY? Kyungsoo cried inside.


- - - - - - - - -


The University Gymnasium is filled with students from different Majors and Departments.
It's the Finals of The University Basketball Game.

The Highschool Department Vs. The College Department.

Kyungsoo was sitting together with the other students in the bleachers. She asked the play director if she could watch just the last quarter of the game. Their play would be tomorrow so she's not allowed to shout nor strain her voice.


She can see Jongin from afar sitting on the players bench.

He's serious face is full of sweats.

She wanted to shout his name for him to know that she is there to support his game.

The college department was on lead by 5 points.
Jongin's team only have 10 minutes to win the game.

The coach was giving them instruction.
Finally, the referee blow his whistle indicating that the time out is done.

"FIGHTING!" A loud shout from the HS Department team surrounded the  whole Gym.

Kyungsoo could hear all the noises, the cheers, the shouts coming from everyone, but her eyes is only focus on Jongins's movement.

His playing basketball but it's as if he was dancing in the court. The way he shoot or pass the ball, everything is perfect in Kyungsoo's eyes.

"3 points! From No. 8 Wu Jongin!" The commentator said.

She stood up from too much excitement and nervousness.

"You can do it Nini" she silently chant to herself.

3 Minutes, and the team only needs 3 points

She don't care of she'll strain her voice.

 

She needs to support him.


"YOU CAN DO IT NINI!!" She shouted.



The student beside her look at her with their weird glances. Who's Nini anyway?

Because of the sudden embarrasment, Kyungsoo immediately sat down that she hadn't notice the grin on Jongin's face.


"3 points again from No. 8" the commentator announce before the referee blow his whistle.


The game is done.

High School Department won!

 

 

 



She's running down the lower part of the bleachers to congratulate Jongin.

She was about to call her when a girl wearing a familiar jersey jacket and a skirt suddenly run towards her bestfriend and hug him.


"Congratulations" she heard the girl say.



She wasn't expecting the next thing the girl did.

She kissed Jongin infront of everybody in that Gym.
Not just the simple kiss, it's the kiss only couples do.

And the jacket, it's Jongin's. She knows it's his.


"You did great babe" krystal said.


Yes it was Krystal.


For Kyungie, Jongin's reply answered almost all the questions that was in her mind at that moment.

"Thanks babe" he smiled at her.

 


Now Kyungsoo really do know where to place herself when it comes with Jongin.

 

The cheers from Jongin's teammates were loud.

But the beating of her broken heart was much louder than all the noises around her.

She runs out of that gymnasium as fast she could.


She can't cry right now.

She can't

 

 



"Kyungie" luhan shouted when she saw her right outside the Gym.

She dash towards her and hug the older girl tightly.


"Yah! Why are you crying?" Luhan asked.

"It's my fault too, unnie. It's my fault why i fall for him" she said in between her sobs.

"Yah! Was it Wu Jongin? What did he do to you this time?"

"I'll never be the one he needed!" Kyungsoo said.
"No matter how much i love him, he love someone else."





- - - - - - -

 



Luhan was trying to call Wu Sehun yet the latter wasn't answering his phone

"Where are you, you idiot?"
She keeps on pressing her cellphone.

She then noticed that familiar built standing right outside the entrance of the Tennis court.

"Is he a tennis player now?" She asked since Sehun is wearing the uniform of the HS department tennis club.

He was talking to a tall, model like girl. The girl was obviously flirting with Sehun.

He then looked at his phone and realizes that Luhan has been calling him

"Oh you finally answered my call" Luhan said.
She was eyeing him from afar.
"Where are you?"

"Somewhere!" He answered.

"Don't act cold towards me Wu Sehun or i'll kick you! Why is it noisy there? Who's with you?"
She asked

"Why do you ask? Are you my girlfriend?"

"Yaaah!"

"I'm with my friends" Sehun answered.

"I gave your ticket to Auntie Junhee."

"Ticket for?" He asked.

"For the play tonight!"

"Ah that Les Misérables play! Goodluck. But i can't come. My friend is throwing an after party for University day tonight." He said.

"Ohh ok!" She was waiting for him to say he was just kidding. But Sehun was just silent in the other line.
She saw that some of his teammates approached him.

"Are you still there? I need to hang up now. Goodluck to you and Kyungie unnie"
Sehun said.


"Ah yeah! Thanks. And you didn't even tell me you joined the Tennis varsity team." She said

"How did you know?"

Instead of answering, Luhan put down the call.

She's disappointed.

Well it's still her fault anyway.

 

She pushed Sehun away from her in the first place

Kyungie's hurting right now. Being the oldest she needs to be strong for her bestfriend.

No time for sulking!



- - - - - - - - - - 


"Break a leg everyone!" The play Director said.

"We can do this Kyungie" Luhan held Kyungsoo's hand tighter.

"Yes Unnie, we can" she smiled. Yet Luhan knew deep inside there's the sadness.

 

 



The audience was awed by how much talented the students are for this play.
Les Misérables is such an ambitious play to be perform yet the students had pulled it through with such a great act.

Jongdae being a music major is so proud on how much her daughter has improved when it comes with her singing.

Junhee being their music teacher since they were just kids is so proud with her girls.

Daeul and Jiwon were clapping all through out the performance. They tried not sleep the entire show since Sophia will surely smack their head if one of them tried to close an eye.

Baekhee and Chanyeol was so proud of their daughter. It was just tonight that they were informed that Kyungie will act as Eponine.



(Scene: Eponine, with her disguise, returns to Cosette at the Rue Plumet and tells her they must promptly relocate to their other house and leave for England in a week. Cosette quickly writes a letter to tell Marius. She gives it to Eponine whom she mistakes for a workman, to deliver the letter to Marius. Éponine takes the letter with no intention of delivering it.
The following day on the night of the insurrection, Éponine visits Courfeyrac's lodgings and waits for Marius, "not to give him the letter, but ... 'to see him".)



Kyungsoo was ready for her act.

***On my own
Pretending he's beside me
All alone
I walk with him till morning
Without him
I feel his arms around me
And when I lose my way I close my eyes
And he has found me***

The sound of the rain in the background seems so real for Kyungsoo.
She sing with her hearts out.

***In the rain the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river
In the darkness, the trees are full of starlight
And all I see is him and me forever and forever***

She looks around the hall. She saw her parents, Her baby brother Jiwon who's waving at her. She slightly smile.

She closed her eyes while singing her lines.

***And I know it's only in my mind
That I'm talking to myself and not to him
And although I know that he is blind
Still I say, there's a way for us***

And when she opened her eyes, she saw him sitting there as one of the audience.

***I love him
But when the night is over
He is gone
The river's just a river
Without him
The world around me changes
The trees are bare and everywhere
The streets are full of strangers***


She was beside him. The girl he loves is just there beside him.

***I love him
But every day I'm learning
All my life
I've only been pretending***

As if she was the real Eponine and the Jongin is Marius, tears slowly falls into her eyes.
For other's it they may say that her acting skills is very good.


But the tears are real.

The sadness inside her heart.

The pain...

It's all for real...



***Without me
His world will go on turning
A world that's full of happiness
That I have never known***


Again, she closed her eyes.
Just this time she'll let everyone know that she's hurting.

They will never know the truth behind those tears.


***I love him
I love him
I love him
But only on my own***



- - - - - - - -


"Hey Cossette!"

Luhan heard that familiar voice again behind her back.

"Tsk! You're just hungry Kim Luhan." She shrug it off.

"So you won't face me huh?" He heard the voice chuckled.

Luhan turns her head and saw a grinning Wu Sehun

"Hi  Cossette, i hate that Marius. Who's he?"
He smiled.


A pouting Luhan then run towards Sehun and hug him. She punched him in his chest too

"I so hate you. I thought you won't watch the play." She frowned.

"I was just kidding besides the party is boring since Jongin won't be there. It's an after party for the athletes/varsity players"

"Jongin's here?" Luhan asked.

"Yeah, he's with that Krystal. He told mom, she's his girlfriend."

"So that wasn't an act?" Luhan sighed

"Huh? What?"


"Nothing. But I still hate you!" She frowned again at Sehun.


"Hate me for what?" Sehun asked.

"For ignoring me, for not answering my calls, for not telling me you have a girlfriend already"



"I don't have a girlfriend!" He smiled

"Stop joking! And stop smiling like that"

"I'm not joking!" He said.

"Then who was that girl? And that girl too in the tennis court"

"I don't know, maybe a classmate. The girl in the tennis court? Must be Angela, she's part of tennis club. Well yeah we sort of have coffee dates sometimes but she's not my girlfriend." Sehun grinned again.

"Just coffee dates?" She raised an eyebrow

"Yeah Miss Kim. And how did you know i was in the Tennis club? I was planning to give you this gold medal as a surprised and gift for being the best Cossette."

"That's my secret Mr. Wu" she said.

"So where's my hug again since were ok now? We've been fighting a lot lately." sehun asked.

"Coz you're still too immature" she said but hugs him still.

"Me? I think it's you Hannie" he chuckled.

"Hey Luhan" the guy who played as Marius approached the two.

"Hey Shin, this is Sehun"
Luhan introduced.

"Oh yeah i know him. Wu Sehun of Run&Gun. I'm Shin"

"Oh you're that Marius" sehun said

"Ah yeah. I meant to call for our Cossette for the picture taking" the guy said

"Oh ok. I'll be just here waiting for you my Cossette" sehun smirked and kissed Luhan's temple.

The guy, Shin, was shocked with the sudden display of affection.

"Return my Cossette dude, i'm her real Marius" sehun chuckled.

"What's with you?" luhan mouthed.

Sehun just smiled as an answer.






"I'm so proud of you" Baekhee squealed while hugging her  daughter.
"Atleast i won't be frustrated in being a theater actress. My daughter is so good."

"Mom! Lower your voice" kyungsoo whined

"You did great princess" Chanyeol ruffled his daughter's hair.

"Thanks Dad."

"You're awesome Noona!" Jiwon give her a two thumbs up.

"I know baby brother." She smiled at her brother

"Yah! Don't call me that!" He glared.

"So you will glare at me now if i call you baby?" Baekhee look at her son

"I love you Mommy" jiwon pouted and hug his mother.

"Hey!"

Kyungsoo looked at the guy who greeted him.

"Ahm Hi!"

"You did amazing Kyungie" he smiled.

"Ah thanks" she don't know what to say.

"Ah Let me properly introduce you to Krystal" that bright smile she's trying to hate now.

The girl beside him wave at her.

"Babe, this is Kyungie, my lovable and sometimes squishy bestfriend."

Oh yeah!



Bestfriend.


Yeah, that's you Park Kyungsoo!


"Hi Krystal! I'm Kyungsoo, his bestfriend"





A/N:


What did i write again this time? T.T

I'm not familiar with the Les Misérables novel nor the play and the movie, so feel free to correct me. I just love that ones sided lovd part of Eponine towards Marius since the song (On My Own) kinda fits Kyungsoo's one side love towards Nini (or so she thought? Hihi)


Hey  Thank You so much for reading! ^^
 Star Loves You hihihi

Thank you so much for subscribing.
Comment below for your violent reaction.


Xoxo