Chapter 7 - Friends

Reply My Youth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                     I turn the page and was stunned to find a photo. A memory that I have forgotten for a while. “unnie…” eunjung unnie look at me. “look at this.. it was that night right? that sleepover night” she takes a look at the photo and smiled instantly. “wow…it is a beautiful memory. How long has it been?”. I smile along her and I look at the photo again. The words Mrs. Han often say appear.

“If u want to make memory, u have to spend with people who are worth it.”

                     I look around my room, eunjung unnie beside me, hyomin unnie on the phone, probably with her boyfriend. And Howon-shi talking with some one. I take a better look and saw a man in the suit. I stare at the two important men of mine talking. Then he notices me. Giving me a grim “Jiyeonie” he shouted. I nodded “Hoon oppa” It was hoon oppa, the man that I don’t choose back then.

                         “Jiyeon” I run toward eunjung unnie. It was abit awkward. “so…what are u going to do?” I hesitated. “don’t really know yet..” “u don’t like hoon right?” I nodded. “I think so” she slightly touch my hand. “don’t be aware of me.. me and hoon are O-V-E-R. There is no turning back” I nodded. “GIRLS wait for me abit” howon arrived. “u guys always leave me..” he panted which make us giggle.

                      “u always late howon-shi” I reply back. He cheekily smile and I saw his eyes wondering toward eunjung unnie. It looks like he got something to say. “arr..” he start it. “are u ok eunjung?” he ask her, his eyes staring at hers. She smiles. “I am. Thank you for concerning” he blushes. Wait  WHAT? Howon shi blushed? I know he is a shy guy but he never blush like that. “it is a relief that u r ok” he mumbles. Still blushing. It looks like his crush for eunjung unnie is becoming more solid.

                    I was giving all my attention to Mrs. Han lesson. And that when my phone ring I take a peek and saw it is an alert. I read it. Hoon oppa D day. I mark it like that. And I remember. Today is hoon oppa audition day. According to him today is audition is very benefit for him. And I have promised to accompany him. It is a promise, eventhough It will be awkward, I don’t want to break that promise.

                  As I m in my own thought, the school bell ring making all the student hooray. I pack my things slowly thinking about if I should go or not. “what wrong with u? u got the lazy expression.” Eunjung unnie asks me. I look her. “unnie I cant go home with u today..” “arr..u gonna talk with hoon?” “yes a bit” she nodded. “arraso.. don’t fight anyway” she put up the thumbs.

                  I run toward the hoon oppa room to catch him. And when I reach there, I saw him and his friends. “oppa” I waved at him. His face darkens. He ignores me. “hoon oppa” I try again. He continues chatting not even bothered to turns at me. “Hoon” “Ya hoon jiyeon is calling u” His friend, kiseop oppa helps him and finally he gets up coming toward me.

“What?” he looks pissed.                                                    

“oppa what r u doing here?”

“I have to go to English quiz”

“WHAT?” he looks fluster by my shout.

“oppa u have audition. Did u forget it?”

                 He was about to turn around. “Oppa did u really forget it” “NO I DON’T. but jiyeon it is no use. Audition or whatever, it is just gonna make our family fight again. There is no guarantee that I will pass but this English quiz, I m very sure that I can nail it. Let just look at the thing with potential” “BUT it is ur dream..” he start walking.

                 “OPPA I don’t have a dream and that why I m very happy when u r working toward ur dream. I promise u that I will help u toward that dream and I swear to god that I will always remind u when u fail down. Oppa get up. U may pass or u may not but u will be happy because it is ur dream” he turns around and stare at me. “But i…” he was about to cry “let do it” and he runs toward me.

                We take the taxi and laughing a lot at the situation. Hoon oppa is telling me that kiseop oppa might go crazy if he found out that he is not going to answer the quiz. And it feels warm. The feeling of laughing together with the guy that I love a lot. I smile. “oppa…” he looks at me.

“I don’t notice that”

“what?”

“ur…ur heart”

                  His smile disappears. “mianhae for not knowing it and giving u troubles. I never know that oppa might be feeling like that and hurting because u r always bright in front of me. And I m really grateful that u have always been there for me. And not giving up on me. But oppa what can I do..? I love u so much oppa but right from the first time, I have always thought u as a first guy who I would introduce my boyfriend even before my dad. I have always thought u as my babies uncle. I have never thought u romantically and I cant anymore and that why I m really sorry”

                  I cry out loud because I feel so guilty. I saw hoon oppa looking at me with tearful eyes and slowly embrace me. Patting my head like he always do. “I know it.. I know it and I understand” and his tear fall on to my school uniform. We cry our heart out like we used to when we were kids. We cry with different reason. But our te

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter