Chapter 13 - Opening up

Reply My Youth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                   Staring at the familiar building, I felt all the warmth inside me. The images of young us in uniform running all over the places appear to me like a movie scene. The giggling, shouting, laughing, I can hear all sorts of voice we made as students. The school hasn’t changed much. It was just like the school that I was once welcomed. “Ya Class President” just like a natural habit, I turn around at once. Familiar faces, the two who used to be the biggest enemies ever, just because they were Team Junpyo and Team Jiho, were now side by side looking so close. “Annyeong Seungah and Eunyoung”

                  “Wow really long time no see. You have become so pretty our class president. You look definitely from another level since you graduated from Berklee..” like the old times, they come beside me as they go through a lot of questions. “Oh! Is this your husband?” Eunyoung exclaimed looking at my husband who straight away smile at them. “Nae I am her husband. I am Class B, Kim…” “SEUNGAH EUNYOUNG” eunjung unnie sudden shout grabbed our attention as unnie keep shouting out of excitement. She looks really happy while howon is all embarrassed from the attention that his wife is grabbing. I can’t help but giggle at them.

                    At that time, someone pinched me from behind. It was hoon oppa with a cheeky smile on his face. “oppa it hurts” I groan as his smile gets wider. “what is that for?” I pouted to ask him. “For breaking my heart wae? Do u think it is not fair? You break my heart but I just pinch you” “ayyye oppa why are u bringing that again?” and we both break in to laughs. “but oppa don’t you need a mask or a cap since you are a famous singer now” I sacrasitly ask him as he just shrugged off.

                   “Are you happy?” suddenly he turns serious. “about what?” “just…the decision that you made. Actually when you open us about your love life back then, I never thought I would see him as your husband, I though you would end up the other one” a small smile form on my face and I point at a little bench under a tree which looks hidden by the tree. “it was there right? When I told you guys about that. actually I don’t know back then too, who I would end up with, I might actually be thinking that I will not end up with both of them..” he chuckles. And the image of me, hoon oppa, eunjung unnie appear vividly, Tears will coming out of my eyes as both of them stay close to cheer me. The day when I officially open up to both of my best friends.

                          “Howon-ah how about this one? Is this better? Or this? Or how about this?” howon with dumbfounded face look at me. “Ya how many times have u been changing? Didn’t you decide one earlier too” I look at the mirror trying to find flaw in my dress. “I did. But when I look clearly, it wasn’t that pretty. That’s why” howon shakes his head. “Seriously Myungsoo is seriously the best, he can even make the laziest girl alive on the world changes her clothes for a hundred time” I knocked his head slightly to grab his attention. “Tell me how is this?” he sighed.

“that one over there, white dress, it is better” it was a while short dress with long sleeve. My mom must have bought it for me cause I have never wear that before.

“Are you sure?” he gives me a ok sign.                     

                         “How about my hair? Should I tie it or just let it down? Or should I make it into a ponytail?” I glance at howon who was spreading himself comfortably on my bed with a menga inside his head. He isn’t paying attention to me. “LEE HOWON” only at my shout, he looks at me with very bored expression. “Just let it down” I nodded at him and stare at myself. I may not be the prettiest one but I look better than my current self. It may at least impress him.. right?

“But are you even sure that he asks you on a date? What if it is not a date but a hang out with even sunggyu hyung? You are going to make yourself a total fool”

                          My hands which were combing my hair stunned at howon words. Thinking about that day when he asks me. He said ‘together’ if it is not a date, at least it will just be a hangout between us.. right? “Look at you, you are not even sure yourself. Don’t return home crying..pabo” I sighed at his words. Should I just change into causal wears to make sure I won’t turn into a fool? But still, he said ‘together’ I am sure it will only be two of us.

 

                           I keep staring at the ticking clock with a very burdened heart and trembling hands. He said he will be arriving in 5 minutes and like a fool, I can’t even ask him if he was alone or whether he brings his friends. “10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2…” I take a very deep breathe as I count the last number. “1”

“Jiyeon-ah” he arrived on time.

                        With my both hands clenched, I turn around at him. He was waving and smiling at me with his both dimples showing. I was so taken back by his handsomeness that I almost forget to check his surroundings. There was no one, among the coward, he was standing alone and staring at me. I hoped deep inside that he would recognize my efforts and say some compliments. He takes his steps getting closer me as I try my very best to continue breathing.

“Sorry. Did I make you wait for a long time?”

                     His first words were not what I was expecting.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter