Chapter 3 - Handkerchief

Reply My Youth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

              ”Oppa it is ur favourite song” I say it happily when I hear the old song playing on the radio. “Almost paradise  a-chimboda to nunbushin nal hyanghan noye sarangi on sesang da gajindeuthae”  I sing along the lines “it really brings back memeories..this song remind me of every single things, I cant wait to see our classmates.” My husband hold my hand tight and look into my eyes. Even without saying anything I know he is feeling just like me.

               Missing our youth. Missing our friends. Missing the feeling of the class. “I miss them” eunjung unnie say it softly and we all listen to the song in slience. My eyes become to fill with tears, I open my bag to find some tissue but all I find is a handkerchief. “I think I have seen this handkerchief” my husband exclaimed making me giggle. ”because it is urs oppa” he looks quite surprised making me giggle again.

                “Eunjung unnie…” she doesn’t look back. “unnie..UNNIE” she turns back slowly. “what?” she takes out the ear phone and looks at me pissed. It was the first time eunjung unnie wearing ear phone in front of me. I was starting to pissed at her too. She looks angry these days and wont even talk to me properly. “unnie..i think we should talk about our problems. What is exactly wrong with u these days? I m seriously tired of u acting like that. I don’t even do anything wrong yet why r u treating me like that?”

              “what..i didn’t even do anything.” “seriously unnie? U r really pissing me. Tell me if something is wrong.” I scoff. ‘I SAID NOTHING IS WRONG….JINJA” she runs out of the class and everyone is looking at me. To avoid them, I also get out of the class. I just keep walking because I was really pissed. I will not be like that if I did something wrong but she is just acting like that without my fault. She wont even reply my text and ignore my calls. She is acting like a stranger. So frustrating. Then someone bump into me.

                 “YAHHH~~~ how can u just bump into someone” I say it and I don’t know why but tears just come out automatically, it has been a long time since I cry, and now I m crying because of eunjung unnie. I wipe my tears and look at that someone to shout at him but I saw Kim Myungsoo. The first love of mine. The crush of mine. The guy that I like. “OMAYA~~” I shout really shock to see his handsome face just 3cm apart from me.

               He chuckle “you..” I feel guilty for some reason. It feel like he caught that I like him. “are really weird” my eyes widen. “first time it was when ur clothes get wet with cola and u just ask us to go quick, second u cheer very loud when ur team is beaten…by me, and third here u r crying because I bump u and when u see me u look really scared..is there something?” I shake my head very quick. He smiles which makes his dimples appear. “u r really funny. I don’t know why but ur face looks funny to me. I m Kim Myungsoo. And u?” I have never thought that he would ask my name someday. “Park…” “Myungsoo let go” I heard his friends shouting. “see u” he say and put a white handkerchief into my hand and run to his friends. “Jiyeon..” I mumble to myself.

                 I kiss the handkerchief for 100 times again. “it is amazing” I mumble myself and walk into the room and my eyes caught the empty chair of eunjung unnie. She has already gone home I guess. Like who care. She doesn’t even care about, why do I need to care about her? I frowned. I check my ph and I saw a message from eunjung unnie.

Jungie Oppa- jiyeon-ah I have something to say…can u come to the gym?

I hesitated. But I decided to go. I keep wondering what is wrong with her on the way there. As I reach the gym, I saw her sitting among the empty chair and for the first time eunjung unnie looks really lonely.

             “…unnie..” she slowly look up and I was right, her eyes show how much she is lonely. She tried to say something but I notice words cant come out of . I sit beside her and sighed. “unnie..what is wrong? Tell me so the burden on u will become lesser” “jiyeon… why m I exactly living in this life?” her sudden question make me scare. “unnie..” “I have no reason to live in this life anymore” and she break down. Her tears flow down. I sit there waiting for her. That is what a great friend will do right? After she calm down. “I look like a babo right?” she say making me laugh abit. “abit” and we laugh together.

                 “jiyeon-ah it seem like I m going to have live alone soon” my eyes widen. “umma and appa are going to divorce. And no one seem to want to take care of me. I understand them my school and tuition fees are going to be a lot and …” “UNNIE how could u not tell me about that?” my tears come out. “u should have at least something.. I though u hate me and I feel so angry towards u and u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter