09 - Romantic Letter

Infinitely Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungyeon gawking, amazed at the scene in front of her. I thought I'm having nightmares when I saw hundreds,or maybe thousands, letters hanging on the branches of the trees in this park. Some pairs of lovers seemed to hold and write a letter, then put it on a tree branch not far from where I stood now.

“What the hell is this?” I murmured not understand what's going on now, while Nayeon already waving at me in the distance.

As my eyes continued to looking around, my feet stepped toward Nayeon. Thousands of letters hanging with a variety of colors, shapes, and sizes. I swear I even saw a letter with postmark and a stamp duty from post office between them. I was still amazed at the variety of this letter when I realized that almost all in front of the letter has a name on it, there were even some that are decorated by signatures and images of hearts symbol or other creative images.

“It's called Hanging Love Letter.” Nayeon explains, almost making me shudder. “People believe a couple who come and write a message on a paper, put it in a letter, then hang it here, their relationship will continue to grow like these big trees and the love is getting stronger.”

“It was very silly.”

Nayeon nodded, “I might have guessed you would say so. But for lovers, hanging a love letters here totally aren’t silly and even become romantic way to show off their love for each other.”

I let out a deep breath and threw my gaze to the sky, white coulds among the twilight somehow reminds me of my own feelings. Now, I felt empty, didn’t sure what I'm doing here. I was in a romantic place when I'm heartbroken. Irony.

 

I turned when suddenly I felt a pat on the back. Nayeon handed two letters with a pink heart-shaped which looks too corny while she grinned.

“Let us write a message for each one in this letter!”

Nayeon pulled out a marker, that silly-bad-luck permanent marker, from her backpack and write both our names on each letter, then handed a letter that says 'Jungyeon' to me.

“You first” I said, thinking about how the proper way to throw that dorky pinkish-love-shaped-letter. Maybe I'll throw it away when Nayeon off guard.

“OK!” Nayeon answered with a cheerful eyes and wrote something on hers, I didn’t want to even care what she wrote. Moments later, she handed me a marker. “Now it’s your turn.”

After thinking for a seconds, I received the marker and the letter. Although I was really tempted to throw it, I still turned my back and started to write something. Nayeon tried to peek out from behind my shoulder, “What did you write? Why it took you so long?”

“Done.” I handed her the letter back but she shook her head and gave me hers instead.

“You are the one hanging them, as you are taller than me so you could definitely hang them higher.”

I nodded and received Nayeon’s letter. When she was busy looking for the right branches, I peeked her letter:

Jungyeonnie, fighting! There are still many other girls! ^o^

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Why should she be here?

Why did she come to this room?

Why would she be there when someone else doesn’t exist?

Supposedly she's not the one I want to come, but her presence seemed to mess up my mind. I squeezed the light green paper I was holding, then put it back in my pocket.

“M-Mianhae, Momo-unnie. Please permit me for going gome first, it seemed like I was not feeling well.”

It turned out that Momo was staring at me, her face showed that she needs an explanation from me. But I didn’t want to take it more and immediately took my bag rushing toward the door.

“Jeogiyo... I want to pass through this door.”

“You have two options...” This time I lifted up and braced myself to see the face of someone who is standing in front of me, “Passing through this door and then I'll take you home, or you can go through the window.”

Her tone was very serious, but I felt something warm. She uttered very softy even though she says it with a flat face, I could even feel her concern over that face.

As if spellbound by Chaeyoung, I had no other choice.

“...I'm going through this door.”

 

----------------------------------------

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter