14 - Confession Song

Infinitely Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This morning was very clear, the sun began to spread a warm glow. But the warmth of the sun wasn’t able enough to break the ice cold in this table. Even I could’ve sworn that The Cold War will lose its historical meaning because of the fighting between two people in front of me was more fierce. Unusually, Nayeon just stay quiet. She ate calmly without making a sound at all. As well as Jungyeon, but I'm not surprised because she is rarely speak if not necessary.

“How are you now, Jungyeon-ah? Feeling better?”

This time I felt no need for using honorifics with her, I've known close to Nayeon and I rarely call her with ‘unnie’. Because I already think Jungyeon is now close enough to Nayeon, so I take her as my best friend as well.

Jungyeon only replied with a weakly nod.

We were silent for a few moments, then Nayeon got up and took an empty lunch box. She spread some bread with jam and put them in a lunch box tidily.

“Nayeon-ah, for whom you’re prepare it?”

“Ne? Ah~ This lunch box? I planned to have lunch with Mina today.”

I nodded at her answer, then I glanced at Jungyeon. Her face is getting down, but Nayeon didn’t even care and didn’t pay attention at the changes in Jungyeon’s face. Just as I opened my mouth to ask them, but Jungyeon already busy fulfilling with bread while Nayeon walked to the fridge to grab a bottle of milk. What's wrong with these two? I shrugged and sighed, whatever the problems between them, I hope they'll okay.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Now is the time for sport classes and our class have been in the field, some of them were playing basketball. There was also some people playing catch-and-throw the ball, and the rest chose to running around a basketball court. While I chose to sit on the bench at the sidelines.

From where I sat, I could see Jungyeon was playing basketball with the other classmates. Of course she chose to play basketball, because she is indeed a basketball athlete. I also could see Momo come playing basketball with her on the field, even though they were in different teams. Many of our classmates wanted to be a teammate with Jungyeon, because she knows how to play. Usually she plays expertly and skillfully, but this time Jungyeon looked lack of spirit.

She threw the ball aimlessly, also ran here and there with a blank mind.

*DHUAK*

A very loud banging noise echoed throughout the field, I didn’t know where’s the source of the voice. But last thing I saw, people have formed a small crowd in the middle of the field. They were so noisy, seemed calling the sports teacher. I was just about to get up from the bench and intend to approach the crowd...

But then I saw Momo come out from the crowd while carrying Jungyeon.

Suddenly my body was frozen, I stopped moving. My eyes followed Momo who slightly ran toward the school infirmary, she held Jungyeon in both hands. I could see how Jungyeon’s eyes were closed and found out there was some blood on her forehead. Without realizing I drew a long sigh.

“Of course you deserve someone who can take care of you better, Jungyeonnie.”

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

My head still feels dizzy, it looks like the effect of soju last night were still strong. Plus I just got hit by a ball. Why misfortunes always following me? While massaging my head, I opened my eyes and realized that I was at the school infirmary.

Then I turned around and found someone sitting next to the bed where I slept with, that one certain blonde girl who was looking at me worried. It seemed that this girl who had brought me to the school infirmary and watched me well until now, I want to say thanks but strangely couldn’t open my lips as I want. We were both silent.

Suddenly the door opened made us both turned toward the door.

Nayeon appeared with a scarf in her hands. She looked surprised knowing I was in this room alone with Momo, clearly I could see she was nervous. Her another hand was still holding the knob, and she stepped back slowly.

“M-Mianhae... I didn’t mean to interrupt you two. Excuse me then”

But in the flash of time, Momo got up from her chair and walked toward Nayeon, she held the door and opened it as wide as possible. Then, without a word, Momo pulled Nayeon in order to get her inside the room. She pushed Nayeon so now they both standing right next to me. All I can do was only watching them, didn’t know what to say.

Momo winked at me, “Good luck.” Then she went out from school infirmary.

If only my head wasn’t too dizzy, I would’ve been chasing Momo and hit her in the head because yeah how dare she blinked at me. But I discourage myself and now my attention focused on Nayeon who still standing silently beside me. Her face looked so nervous and blushed like a cherry, hahaha seemed like I just get a new nickname for her.

“Hey cherry bunny, are you worried about my condition?”

I asked as I’m teasing her, made her lifted her face against me and pouted her lips. Double cute. Nayeon hit my shoulder softly and sat in a chair Momo sitting before. She touched my forehead that have been bandaged and parted my bangs which blocking the bandage.

“I brought you this scarf, so that your bangs doesn’t interfere with the wound.”

Resignedly, I let Nayeon wrapping her scarf on my head. Now everyone can see clearly my wide forehead, knowing that Nayeon burst out laughing and pointed to my forehead.

“You are so cute like this, Jungyeonnie.”

I was upset being laughed like that, but I just let her laugh, after all I'm so lazy to have a fight with her again. She was still laughing when suddenly she stopped and snapped her fingers.

“Jungyeonnie, do you remember the facial care we bought a few days ago? I still have it in my bag, and now your head was wearing a scraf like this, it’s likely the good time if we use the facial care now.”

I haven’t finished opening my mouth to ask her not to bother doing that, Nayeon already bolted out of the school infirmary. A few minutes later she was back with a few small bottles in her hands. She walked up to me and began to tidy up my hair. I didn’t know what the certain things she apply on my face, but it was cold and soft, I even enjoyed a gesture of her hand on my cheek. But it didn’t last long because suddenly Nayeon slapped my cheek.

“Aww! What are you doing? It hurts you know.”

By reflex I held Nayeon’s hands, indirectly we were holding hands. And we were both breathless.

Nayeon r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter