13 - It's My Fault

Infinitely Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jungyeon-ah, after the practice finished, can we meet at the school garden?”

I read again the incoming messages to my phone when the school bell rang earlier. The message was very simple, but it made me very excited. The message also made me having more passion for basketball practice today, I even threw a basketball with a smile on my lips. Huh. Did I ever don’t have time for you? Hahaha don’t you dare to joking, even the last second of my life will I give to you. If you ask for it.

Until I noticed someone right on a side of the basketball court. That girl was already familiar to me, because these last few days she was always there for me. In fact, we had passed the night together.

“What do you need, Im Nayeon?”

Unexpectedly, she showed a nervous face and didn’t too bubbly as usual. Instead I saw her face become too tense like as she was thinking about something, but I didn’t care and ended up laughing. Last time I remember, I've walked past her.

 

I walked into the school garden, someone asked me to meet her here. And sure enough, I saw a certain blonde-peachy person sitting on a bench under the tree’s shade. But she wasn’t alone. Huh. I should have known, someone who already has a girlfriend wouldn’t be wandering around alone.

“What thing do you want to talk, Momoring?”

They both turned to me at the same time, I stared back at them in the hope this meeting will end quickly. My heart still unable to see another lovey-dovey things.

“Ah gwaenchanayo, Jungyeon-ah. I just want to return this...”

Momo handed a small box to me, I didn’t even remember what box is it and didn’t want to bother finding out its contents. Lazily I grabbed onto her hand and took the box.

“Just it?”

“Yeah, I don’t want to take too much of your time. Pity her if she had to wait too long.”

“She? Nuguy.....” I followed her gaze toward behind me and found Nayeon standing there, still looked nervous and hesitant whether to approach us or stay there and trying to hide behind a tree.

I almost forgot, it seemed earlier Nayeon also want to discuss something with me. Why today I had to deal with a lot of people?

“Well then, thank you. Excuse me...”

My feet stepped in to pick up Nayeon who were still silent, I grebbed her hand and took her away from the bench where Momo and Dahyun sat. Whatever will Nayeon say, I didn’t want those lovebirds to hear.

 

After taking some distance, I turned as now facing Nayeon and release our grasp. “So... What is it about?”

“N-Nothing, I just...”, she paused and her eyes found the small box I hold. “What's that box?”

“Ah this? It's not something important.” I hid my hands to the back, actually I have a huge desire to throw this thing away. But the government of this country firmly reminded every citizen to not littering.

“Keojitmal hajimara~ /Don’t lie/ I want to see it~~”

Suddenly she ran to me and her hand reached for my back, indirectly it looks like she want to hug me from the front. I wasn’t ready with her actions, made me take a few steps backwards. But basically this energetic bunny is very curious about anything, she forced to grab my hand who still hiding behind. Eventually I couldn’t keep my balance...

*BRUK*

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Falling down.

I'm going to fall.

My eyes are closed, I was ready to meet with the ground.

But I didn’t feel my body hit the ground, also I didn’t feel any pain at all. I may not fly, right?

“Can you get away?”

This time my eyes opened quickly and found Jungyeon there beneath me. Beneath me? Her eyes looked fierce but her face was blushed, and I'm sure we're both breathless. Knowing now that my position was on top of her, I was so tempted to teasing her more.

“Isn’t this heavy huh, Jungyeon-ah?”

I smiled slyly and winked at her, her face reddened which make her very funny at moments like this. A rare sight like this is impossible for me to miss it, but I could not move. Like there’s something was holding me to stay on top of her, perhaps a feeling of comfort?

“You are not that heavy, but I could die out of breath if you're still there. So can you just get away, Nayeon-ah?”

This time her eyes hadn’t too fierce like before, I giggled and turned my body. Dropped myself and laid next to Jungyeon, but without realizing my head leaned on her arm. Her arms were thin but it feels very comfortable as a pillow, and Jungyeon also didn’t mind lending her arm.

This was very strange. I do easy to be familiar with someone I just know, but I could never get this close to someone. Come to think it again, we even passed the night together. Automatically I smiled and looked at Jungyeon who was lying next to me. She rubbed her back because it bumped with the box when we fell down.

“Jungyeonnie, so actually what’s that box? And what's inside?”

“You really want to know the answer?”

I nodded eagerly, in fact it was a very ordinary box but I could see that Momo was the one who handed over the box. There must be something behind it. Jungyeon opened the box gently with both hands, making my head as if she were hugging mine.

“This is a letter...” Jungyeon paused and opened the paper inside, “...my first love letter to Momo.”

*THUMP*

My feelings became uneasy, my chest felt hurt.

We sank back into silence, Jungyeon folded the paper and put it back in the little box. None of us are making a sound, until Jungyeon’s phone rang signaling an incoming message alert.

 

“Jungyeon-unnie, does Nayeon with you now? Please tell her for coming home quickly, my grandparents had recently visited our a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter