Chapter 20

힘내세요 (Cheer up)

A few days has passed and it's the first day of midterm. Sungjong can't seem to concentrate on her test that day. Yes she has learned with the help from Namjoo and Naeun but she's still sad because Myungsoo can't even attend the test even though he has work so hard for it. She glances to Myungsoo's desk sadly before working on her own test. She's not only sad but also worried because not only he's gone from school he didn't even answer any of her chats nor did he answer her calls. All she does now is scribbling Myungsoo's name and even drawing a cheshire cat on her scrap paper that was supposed to be used for the test.

'Where is he? Why hasn't he pick up my calls? Did his father confiscate his phone?' Sungjong thought. 

After the test, she is sure that she's gonna get a bad grade. She sighs for the nth time today and gets out of class quickly. She goes straight to her dorms and pack her bags with anything she needs. Phone, earphones, powerbank, charger, wallet, two lemon water, lemon candies and speaker. As soon as she's finished, she dashed out of the room and go on her merry way. 

Meanwhile at the Nursing home, Myungsoo is serving snacks for the elderly that day. He puts his home-made chocolate-cheese toast on the table and warm tea for the grandmas and cofee because a grandpa requested coffee. After that he starts cleaning their room until he hears a loud music from outside. He listens closely and hears After school's Bangkok city. There can only one person.... 

Outside the nursing home, Sungjong is dancing and singing to entertain the grandmas and grandpas in the nursing home they even had fun with her. Some said that she's a very good dancer and complimented her voice. 

"Thank you, grandma, grandpa." Sungjong replies those compliments. 

Back inside, Myungsoo peeks from the window and sees Sungjong interacting with the elderly in the nursing home. As soon as he sees her, he drops his broom and runs out of the nursing home as soon as possible. Just as he saw, it was Sungjong and she notices him too. Sungjong turns around and runs to him and even giving him a tigth hug. Myungsoo is taken a back by the hug. He never expected Sungjong would come all the way here and further more giving him a hug?! 

"Su-Sungjong-ah...." Myungsoo trails out confusedly at the girl hugging him. 

Sungjong pulls out from the hug but her bright smile turns into a frown. 

"H-Hey, what's wrong?" He asks. 

"I think I may or may not get a bad grade..." She mutters, having her headlow. She's sure she's gonna dissapoint him. 

"But how? Didn't you learn with Namjoo and Naeun? Sungyeol told me you work really hard for it." Myungsoo said. 

"What's the point?! My so-called mentor is gone! He's gone and all his hardwork is useless now because the test has passed! You teached me with patience yet here you are not attending the test itself. " Sungjong replies as her frown gets even deeper. 

"Just say that you miss me. It's more simple, Lemonnie~" Myungsoo responds playfully. 

"Ma-Maybe..." Sungjong mutters as her cheeks turns red. Myungsoo was about to brag how miss-able he is until he got smacked straight on his head. 

"Ouch! What was that for?!" He shouts. 

"For being a ! What happened to you huh?! Where is the Myungsoo I know?! The one who solves all his problems with three logical reasoning! You can solve the picture case why not this?!" Sungjong shouts. 

"Well...what more can I do? No one barely believes me. I have lots all hopes, Sungjong. What am I supposed to do...?" Myungsoo replies bitterly, even his laugh is hollow and bitter. Sungjong winces at the answer. He has lost all hopes?! Sungjong can't help but felt sad and gives another warming hug to Myungsoo. 

"Listen to me, I do trust you. not as the perfect Myungsoo. Not as the leader of Baekho, not as the student council president but as yourself. The Kim Myungsoo that I know." Sungjong said. 

"You do?" Myungsoo asks. 

"I do. Because even if you're an annoying lil sh*t, you're not the one to steal questions from a teacher. Heck you don't even care about your scores!" Sungjong replies pulling out of the hug making a laugh errupts from Myungsoo. 

"Thank you then, I'm glad to hear that." Myungsoo said.

Silence floods between time but there's no awkwardness whatsoever. All they can do now is smile to each another until a grandma interupts them. 

"Myungsoo-ah, Grandma Song is calling you. She needs help to get to the toilet..." The Grandma said. 

Myungsoo just nods giving her a smile before facing Sungjong. 

"You need to go back, it;s almost late." He told her. 

"I guess you're right... Bye Myungsoo~" Sungjong said before walking away but Myungsoo pulls her back. 

"I thought you told me go?!" Sungjong whines but is silenced as soon as she recieves a hug from Myungsoo. 

"Thanks for trusting me." He said. "Okay off you go~" Myungsoo lets her go, waving to the confused girl. 

"O-Okay..." Sungjong mutters as she waved back at Myungsoo. 

As soon as Sungjong is gone, he returns to the nursing home and starts working again, helping the elderly again. 


That night, Sungjong sneaks into the security room trying to find the footages so she can prove Myungsoo innocent. As she was collecting the videos she heard footsteps. She instantly hides but finds Sungyeol sneaking in as well. 

"Ugh, it's just you..." She grumbles shocking the taller boy who legit screams, toppling back and falls on his . 

"What the heck are you doing here?!" He asks, maybe a bit too loud. 

"Shuuuussh! Everyone can hear you!" Sungjong whisper-scold him. 

"Uh..Yeah, but what are you doing here?" He ask again in whispers. 

"To collect the footages. I must prove Myungsoo wrong." She replies still whispering. 

"Why are we whispering?" He asks agian. 

"So we don't get caught." She replies, glaring at him. 

"Anywho, I collected all the videos. We can arrange them and by then we can prove him wrong." Sungjong said as she pulls out the USB from the PC. 

Sungyeol is impressed, he never thought Sungjong would thought of it like this. After collecting the video, the two have a discussion in their club room, already dressed in their uniforms so they don't need to return to their dorms. Luckily, Mrs. Kwon gave the key to Sungjong because she needs to have late night practice. 

"So english class starts after lunch which is around 1.30 PM. The usb dissapears after the lesson. During recces, Myungsoo and I are at the vending machine getting drinks and there is no way Myungsoo would try to get the USB in class because by then, he'd get caught by all of us and we'd tell him straight away. Right after Mr. Im got out. The one who crashes him as I remember is Minho and Ryeowook. Myungsoo is still inside the class with us discussing the scores. So in conclusion, he is not guilty." Sungjong explains before slamming Sungyeol's laptop shut widening the eyes of Sungyeol. 

"Yak! Be careful! This laptop is expensive!" He scolds. 

"It's not like I yeet it across the room." She replies. 

"Aish, you-" Sungyeol grumbles as he shuts down his laptop properly before putting it on his club locker. 

"So...what now?" Sungjong asks. 

"I don't know... should we have a sleepover here?" He asks back. 

"I'm kinda hungry though." Sungjong said. 

"The cafeteria isn't open, ." Sungyeol deadpans. Sungjong just smirks as she shows him that she just send a chat to a jajangmyeon restaurant to deliver them two jajangmyeons.

"No way...." 

"Yes way." 

At the end, the two have jajangmyeon as their breakfast in their clubroom. The breakfast provided by the school ain't good for their taste either so they're fine with it.

"This is so much better than the school's breakfast." Sungjong said. 

"Gotta agree on that, it taste better." Sungyeol agress as he reaches for the radishes at the same time as Sungjong.

"Uh.... You can have that." Sungjong said awkwardly letting Sungyeol have the radish. 

But this happens over and over again to the point that Sungyeol gives up and gives all the radishes to Sungjong. He just eats his jajangmyeon without bothering her with the radishes. 

"Fine, have them all. I'll be fine without those radishes." He told her. 

"Nooo, it's okay. You can have them. Here." Sungjong said, putting three radishes on the bowl. 

"Whatever, just eat." He grumbles. 


 A/n: Hello guys^^ It's another update by me. I hope you guys like this chapter and please don't forget to subscribe and leave a comment down below. 

Thanks for reading^^ 

See you soon~