Deciding

A Trainee's Diary

 

Sungrin’s POV

 

Revenge. I don’t used to be so… sadistic.  Maybe the reason why I asked Dabin to help me was because he knew my history. He knew what exactly happened when Barom left.

 

Isn’t it ironic?

 

The day Barom told me about his auditions in Korea was the day mom left the house. The reason why I didn’t want to come with him to Korea. To be honest, I was being selfish. I wanted him to stay beside me, I wanted to go as well, but I chose not to.

 

But he just left and I didn’t bother to tell him what happened.

 

Enough of the ty drama. I’m on my way to SM Entertainment again today and officially ask about the offer the woman said over the phone. After that conversation with Chao last night at his house. I’ve made my decision. I’m going to train and become an idol and show off to my mother that I didn’t need her.

 

“Hello. I’m here for the appointment with the CEO, Mr. Lee SooMan.” I said to the lady on the reception desk.

 

She looked snootier that the one who was in Hannam Building. She was wearing corporal attire. She looked at me then down to the keyboard.

 

“Name please.” She said in a monotonous voice..

 

“Park Sungrin.” I stated.

 

She started typing down and looked at the computer screen. She reached for the landline.

 

“I’m sending Ms. Park Sungrin.” She said over the phone.

 

I just stood there staring at her.

 

“Please take the elevator to the 30th floor. Someone will assist you from there on.” She said to me and continued doing her paper work.

 

I headed towards the elevators. I waited for the elevators to open. And guess what?

 

Of course, you couldn’t guess.

 

That bratty Luhan look a like was standing next to me. He was probably waiting for the elevator doors to open too.  I walked in not minding his presence. I have not forgiven him yet for that whole bubble tea incident.

 

I mean, WHO FREAKIN’ APOLOGIZES LIKE THAT?

 

Oh well, I got over it and looked down to my feet. I was wearing my favorite pair of converse shoes. It was tattered but I didn’t care. I still wore it. Anyway, the elevator dinged indicating we reached the floor. I looked up and saw it was already in the 30th floor. I was about to exit when Mr. Bratty exited bumping into me. I tripped over the space between the elevator and the floor.

 

I scrapped my hand and elbow. I was at least expecting a helping hand to stand up. Instead, I got a tch and a glare from the Mr. Bratty.

 

“Clumsy.” He muttered under his breath before leaving me there.

 

Who does that guy think he is?! What right does he have to freakin’ do that? That makes me so MAD. Urgh! Jerk face.

 

I picked up my bag and stood up wincing from the pain of the scrapes on my hands and elbow.

 

Suddenly a hand had grabbed my arm helping me up.


“Hey… Are you alright?” The person asked with a soft voice.

 

“Uh.. Yeah. Thanks.” I said.

 

“You’re probably new here.” He said cracking a small smile.

 

“How’d you know that?” I asked.

 

“For a first, I have never seen you here before. Second, you sort of expected Sehun to help you up.” He explained.

 

I frowned at him.

 

“Eh?”

 

“Sehun. That guy you were with in the elevator. He’s one of the trainee’s here.” He said.

 

“Ahh. Arraso.”

 

“I’m Kim Jongin by the way. I’m also a SM Trainee.” He said smiling.

 

Kim Jongin…

 

Why does that name seem familiar? I shook the thought of my head.

 

“I’m Park Sungrin. And I’m looking for the CEO’s office.” I said hoping he could help me locate the place.

 

“Oh. Its to the right. Just walk until the end of the hallway and the office is there.” He took a glance at my hand and elbow.


“Uhm. I think you should get that treated.” He said pointing at my wounds.

 

“I’ll do that later. Thank you Jongin-ssi.” I bowed to him and headed off to the direction he told me to go.

 

“I’m Park Sungrin.” I told to the lady that opened the door for me.

 

“Ah. Ne. Mr. SooMan has been waiting for you.” She let me inside the office.

 

I just nodded at everything the woman said. The familiar woman who casted me and Luhan off the streets and that same woman who was with Mr. SooMan at the auditions.

 

I cleared my throat before I spoke. “Annyeong Hashimnika.”

 

I greeted Mr. CEO with a 90 degree bow.

 

“So you’re the Park Sungrin I’ve been hearing about lately.” He said standing up from his chair.

 

My eyebrows creased at what he said.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“You’re the one Ms. Lee recommended to sign in with the company, am I right?” He asked.

 

Ms. Lee? Does he mean the woman working for him in this office?

 

“Ah. Ne. Wae?”

 

He looked at me from head to toe. I looked at his eyes that were scrutinizing me from head to foot. His eyes lingered at the scrapes on my hands and elbow. I looked down to what I was wearing and I thought I looked presentable enough. I wore the oversized polo Dabin bought me and that black skinnies I wore the other day with my matching favorite converse.

 

“What happened to you?” He asked.

 

I shook my head. “I tripped and fell.”


Technically it wasn’t a lie. I did trip and fall. I just left out the part that Mr. Bratty… Or shall I call him Sehun..

 

“Ah. Ne. Well, we wanted you to come over and sign in our company today. What do you say about that?” He asked smiling at me.

 

“Uhm…” I couldn’t say anything yet.

 

I didn’t know how to react to all of this. I mean… being offered to sign a contract to SM Entertainment to train with them is… sort of overwhelming.

 

“Ah. I see how it is. Why don’t I let one of the trainee’s tour you around SM Entertainment? You’re okay with that, ne?” He asked.

 

I just nodded since I was loss for words.

 

“Ah! Ms. Lee can you call over Mr. Kim from M1 for me.” He told Ms. Lee.

 

Ms. Lee obliged and went to the corridor to probably call that trainee Mr. SooMan was talking about.

 

“Give me an answer when you get back, eo?” He told me.

 

“Ne.” I bowed again and left his office with Ms. Lee leading me.

 

I was looking at the ground when Ms. Lee introduced me to the trainee that was gonna tour me around the SM building.

 

“Ms. Park Sungrin, this is Kim Jongin. He will be assisting you through out the tour around SM Entertainment.” Ms. Lee said.


“Ah! Sungrin-ssi.” I looked at the familiar person that helped me earlier.


“Jongin-ssi.” I muttered.

 

“I see you’ve been acquainted with each other. That’s good. I’ll leave you two alone now. Jongin, please guide her.” She gave him a final look before leaving us.

 

Just before leaving us completely, Ms. Lee turns back and gives Jongin a look.

 

“Please bring Ms. Park Sungrin to the infirmary first before anything else.” She said eying my wounds.

 

He nods at her command and turns towards me.

 

“So… the purpose of this tour is…..” He gave me a look.

 

“To convince me into signing into the company.” I finished his sentence.

 

“Ah. I see. Well… I’ll bring you to the infirmary first.” He said.

 

We reached the infirmary and was greeted by a chirpy nurse. I stared at her as she was all over Jongin. She wasn’t even noticing I was standing right in front of her. I rolled my eyes at the chirpy nurse.

 

Figures.

 

“Omo! Jongin-ah! What brings you here?” She asked him with a worried expression.

 

“eh…” Was all that left Jongin’s mouth.

 

“Don’t tell me your back is giving you problems again…” She frowned at him.

 

“Ehem!” I cleared my throat trying to get the nurse’s attention.

 

Nothing… Not even a glance or a flinch. What the heck…

 

“Ani! Ani! I brought my friend over. She tripped over and scraped her elbow and her palms.” He explained to her.

 

She finally looked at me. With daggers in her eyes.

 

Dang woman! I ain’t doing nothing to your precious Jongin!

 

She glared at me. Shivers ran down my spine. Wow. Icy. I wonder why..

 

“Please sit.” She offered me to sit on the stool.

 

I sat there quietly waiting for her to clean up the wound and patch it up. She cleaned it and patched it up while talking to Jongin. A conversation that I really didn’t listen to right after the chirpy nurse talked.

 

“Kamsahamnida.” I bowed to her after she fixed me up.

 

“Ah! Soomi-ah gumawo for helping my friend!” Jongin said to the nurse.


So her name is Soomin… I’ll probably forget that later on.

 

“Shall I begin the tour?” He asked me.


“Ah. Ne.” He led the way to the elevator.


I followed him quietly while he talked.

 

“Do I need to explain how the system in SM Entertainment works?” He asked me.

 

I just nodded at his question.

 

“You don’t talk much, do you?” He asked.


“Well… I just don’t know what to say. I’m overwhelmed.” I said to him.

 

He nodded probably understanding what I said to him.  He toured me from the lobby, the practice rooms, gym, swimming pool, offices. And all that. I still don’t get why there is a swimming pool there though.

 

“Here in SM Entertainment, we have a few rules, be on time for training, practice hours will depend on the schedule of the practice rooms. The required practice hours is 12 hours a day is the maximum. The minimum is 10 hours. Trainee’s are to be groups according to their skills. And the most important of all, greet all the sunbae’s respectively and all the managers and staff in the building.” He said.

 

“Uh… That’s a lot of people.” I said.

 

“I know. But you’ll get use to it, I guess.” He smiled at me.

 

“What else do I need to know?” I asked him.

 

“Well… Trainee’s now have a dorm and it’s a co-ed dorm so I guess you’ll have to ask the lady in the lobby for room numbers after you sign the contract and get your schedule. SM also provides us with schools. So.. basically everyone studies in Seoul Arts Academy. Food during training and practices are for free. So nothing to worry about when you’re training.” He gave me an encouraging smile. 

 

(a/n : I’m making up the other things. Though I do know most entertainment companies do provide free education for their trainees.)

 

The benefits are good. Now I don’t have to rely on Appa too much. He doesn’t need to worry about my paying my education and Chao’s. It settled then.

 

------------------

Author’s Note : OMONAAAAA! I haven’t updated for two days when I said I’d update after a few hours. TT^TT Mianheyo~ :((