I Should've Handled That Differently.

A Trainee's Diary

 

Third Person’s POV

 

Shocked as Sungrin was she just stared at the person in front of her, which turns out to be Barom.

 

“Yes?” She asked politely trying to hide all her anxiety.

 

She knew it. She was caught.

 

“S-sungrin?” Barom stuttered.

 

Most likely shocked to see his ex-best friend in his brother’s apartment. Sungrin just blinked and stared at him as if she didn’t know.

 

“Why are you here Sungrin?” Barom asked with gritted teeth.

 

“What? I can’t be here? I should be asking you that. I thought you were with Dabin.” She said coldly.

 

“What are you doing here?” He asked her again grabbing her wrist.

 

“Let go of me.” She squirmed under his touch.

 

“Answer my question first.” He said sternly at her.

 

“No. Now let me go!” She managed to get away from Barom’s grip on her wrist but she was caught in between Barom and the wall.

 

She stood still looking to her right, avoiding at all cost a possible eye contact with her ex-bestfriend. She was about to walk away from him when he trapped her between his arms with his palms pressed onto the wall beside her head. She still didn’t look at him though.

 

“Yah! Park Sungrin! Look at me!” Barom demanded.

 

Sungrin stayed still being as stubborn as she was. Barom was fed up and grabbed her chin forcing her to look at him. She diverted her eyes to the sides still not looking at Barom.

 

“AISH! YAH! Why wont you look at me?” Barom asked already frustrated.

 

“Ask yourself that. Its your fault.” Sungrin said bitterly.



“What did I do?” He asked her a little calmer but he didn’t let go of her chin.

 

Sungrin’s eyes looked at Barom’s with a frown on her face. She glared at him intensely thinking he should’ve already gotten the hint that he was the reason for the changes in her.

 

“Look… Sungrin… I’m sorry for what ever that it is I’ve done to you. But please… Don’t shut me out.” Barom said almost pleadingly.

 

Sungrin’s expression softened. She wavered at his words but she was determined not to give up her pride. No. Not yet.

 

“I’m not the same Park Sungrin you know, Barom. The Park Sungrin you know is already dead.” She replied coldly before shoving Barom’s arm away so she could escape.

 

“Please leave.” She said showing him the door.

 

“I don’t’ know what happened but I hope this new Sungrin will change back to the old one.” Barom said in a low voice.

 

Sungrin’s POV

 

HA! He didn’t know what happened? HE HAPPENED! I know I’m bitter but… DAMMIT! Can’t he already see it? I thought I made it already so freaking obvious that I was in love with him for the past three years. I thought he actually had a hint about it. I thought he knew me better than that.

 

Apparently not. I was stopping myself from letting the stinging tears roll down my face before he left. He stared at me intensely that I couldn’t look away. I just looked at him with a blank expression giving nothing away. If he couldn’t feel what I was feeling then I should just give up. It just hurts so much to have your best friend betray you.

 

FLASHBACK

 

(a/n : the flashback happened when both of them were still in Australia. Blue text are in English!)

 

 “SUNGRIIIIIN!” Barom called out from the front.

 

“What is it  Barom?” I asked him as I looked up from my seat.

 

“Can I have a minute? We’ll talk outside.” He said.

 

I stood up from my seat excusing myself form Alex and Jess who were telling me some stuff.  When I got outside the classroom Barom had a huge grin plastered in his face.

 

“What’s with the big happy face?” I asked him

 

“Well… I just had a great idea!” He said excitedly.

 

“Probably not.” I rolled my eyes.

 

“Hey! I haven’t even told you yet…” He frowned at me.

 

“Fine. Fine. Let me hear it then.” I started to listen to what he was saying.

 

Okay, maybe at first his idea was totally out of it but I guess he was right.  So the whole idea was that we go back to Korea after sophomore year. He told me he wanted to be a trainee.

 

“Go for it then.” I told him encouragingly.

 

“Eh? You’re not coming with me?” He asked.

 

“Why would I? Its your dream.” I said to him.

 

To be honest, I didn’t want him to leave.  I didn’t want to let him go. But it was his dream after all.

 

“I want you to be there all the way for me.” He said smiling.

 

“Sorry Barom.. Its your own dream..” I said a little regretfully when I did.

 

Maybe I did want to become a singer too. Maybe I wanted to go with him. But I didn’t want to compromise my academics. My parents would have gone haywire if I told them about this thing.

 

“Come on Sungriiiin~ Pleaaaaaaaase?” He made a cute face.

 

I pretended to gag at his actions and stared at him.

 

“Seriously Barom? I don’t think I can come with you anyway.” I told him.

 

“Why?” He asked going back to the serious aura he had before.


“Just because…” I said to him turning on my heel to go back to the classroom since I realized that classes were about to start in a few minutes.

 

“Yah! BAROM! Go back to class, arraso?” I waved at him while walking back to class.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

I sighed and sat on the ledge of the window in Dabin’s apartment. My thoughts went off to what really happened between me and Barom.

 

Why it became so complicated.

 

Why didn’t I come after him at the airport?

 

Why I didn’t say goodbye. 

 

Why didn’t I answer his calls for a year…

 

They were all floating in my head. I tried to shake it off but I couldn’t. I couldn’t get it through my thick skull that I should stop regretting what I didn’t do at that time. I mean, I should be mad at him for breaking every piece of my heart. 

 

-----

Author’s Note : Sorry for the boring chapter guyyyys~ And sorry for not updating much for the past few days. I got side tracked. Anyway, will make a double update today, ne? Please comment and subbie guys! :D