Half-Brother

A Trainee's Diary

 

Third Person’s POV

 

“So are you going?” Luhan asked her.

 

“It depends.” Sungrin replied and continued eating.

 

Luhan stared at her for a while then continued eating as well. After they finished eating their meal they had gone their separate ways. Luhan went home to the dorm room he shared with a friend. Sungrin, however did not go straight home to Dabin’s house. She went to a convenience store near there and bought a carton of banana milk. She sat on the chairs that was there and she made a phone call to her brother,Chao.

 

“YAH!”

 

“Well, hello to you too baby sister. Is that how you greet your oppa that you haven’t seen in years?” Chao asked her.

 

Sungrin scoffed at her brother’s remark. “I just called you to ask where you lived.”

 

“Why do you want to know that?” He asked her.


“I wanted to see you of course.” Well, that’s what she said to Chao.

 

“Yeah right, you little brat. So what’s the deal?”

 

“Just tell me, eo? I’ll tell you about it later.” She said to him.

 

“I’ll message you the address.” He said.

 

“Ne, arraso.” Sungrin ended the call and waited impatiently for the incoming text message.

 

Minutes later her phone vibrated on the palm of her hands.

 

To : Bratty Little Sister

 

Hannam Building, 737-37, Hannam-dong, Yongsan-ku, Seoul, South Korea

 

From : Older Brother

 

She frowned feeling confused. She had no idea where Yongsan-ku was. She had never been to that part of Seoul before. She usually would just go to Myungdong, Hongdae and Gangnam-gu. Myungdong was where they lived when she was still a small child. Hongdae was where Dabin’s apartment was located. And of course, Gangnam-gu was where the SM Entertainment building was located. She walked over to the sidewalk and waved her hand to the street catching the attention of taxi drivers. After hailing a taxi she told the driver to bring her to the address her brother texted to her.

 

Once she got to the building, she asked if there was a Park Chao who was living on that certain building. The lady in the reception was sort of snooty but answered Sungrin’s question.

 

Sungrin’s POV

 

Pfft. What a snobbish lady. I looked around the wonderful interior of the building and it gave off that hotel-ish feeling. I stood in front of the elevator doors and waited for the elevator to come down. I rode the elevator up to the 8th floor where I could find Chao’s apartment.

 

I stepped out of the elevator and a couple passed by me who was wearing club clothes. They were too close for public eye. I rolled my eyes. They were probably having right before going out of their apartment. I smelled it and I noticed the girl wasn’t walking right. I rolled my eyes again and fixed my eyes at the doors I was passing by, looking for the right number on the door. 185. Hmm.

 

As I reached the door, I knocked on it. A few minutes of knocking and finally someone opened the door for me.

 

“What took you so long?” I walked into his apartment cutting him off even before he could open his mouth.

 

I smiled at my stepbrother who was clearly shocked that I was there. I went straight to the couch and got comfortable. I put up my sore feet on top of his glass coffee table.

 

“I was cooking.” He said.

 

“You haven’t eaten yet?” I asked.

 

He shook his head at me. “So what were you saying over the phone earlier?”

 

“Oh that… Hmm… I was wondering if you had sent SM Entertainment that video of me and you dancing to I need a girl.” I crossed my arms over my chest as I observed my brother’s actions.

 

He looked… relaxed. He answered my calmly to my surprise.

 

“Ah. Ne. I did. Waegurae?”

 

“Nothing. I was just wondering since I received a call from the company earlier.” I explained.


“What did they say?” He asked.

 

“Hmm. They’re asking me to come over by this week.” I said.


He turned around to walk to his kitchen which was right there over the counter dividing the kitchen and the living room.


“Are you going?” He asked me.

 

“I’m still thinking about it.”

 

“What are you still thinking about it? I thought you wanted to be an idol when we were ten.” Chao said.

 

“Being ten years old and being 19 has a difference, OPPA.” I emphasized the word oppa knowing he always had a soft spot for me calling him that.


“Y-yah! I thought you don’t like calling me oppa.” He said.

 

“What? I can’t call you that? You don’t like me calling you oppa?” I .

 

“Of course not. And don’t change the topic. So… Are you or aren’t you?” He pressed.

 

“I guess, I’ll go.” I said to him.

 

“Great. Maybe being a trainee will knock some sense into that thick skull of yours.”

 

He was probably pertaining to my rebellious stage when I discovered I had a half brother on my biological mother’s side. And I actually found out that he was older my. I went into a whole rage year when I found out about it. I had fought off my classmates and teachers, I got beaten up a few times because I refused to give up my ity when I would go home late.

 

Don’t get me wrong, I was never . Just beaten up.

 

I was so mad at my mother that I nearly committed suicide. I blamed her for all the things that happened to me. She had a child before me to an unknown person. Married my dad, had me, left us halfway and married another man.

 

How did I find out about my half brother?


Apparently my mother had left some papers behind when she left my dad and me. I went through it and I found a birth certificate that wasn’t mine. His name was Kim something. I didn’t bother to register the name in my mind since I might hold a grudge against the unsuspecting person.

 

“You mean THAT incident?” I asked.

 

He nodded in response.


“I understand that your mom left you and didn’t tell you about having a half brother but… you didn’t have to do all those things.” He sighed.

 

“Pfft. I didn’t know what I was thinking, okay?” I said.

 

“Ne, arasso. Do you want to stay for dinner?”

 

“Ani. I’m going back to Dabin’s house.” I stood up walking to the door.


I was about to open the door when Chao asked me something.

 

“Tell me again, why you’re in Korea?”

 

“I’m here… for revenge.” I said and walked out of the door not wanting to hear what he had to say.

 

-----------

 

Author’s Note : SUP GAIS?! Long time no update! I was busy learning Rainism. HAHA. I’m not a good dancer so I have to practice a lot. Anyway, Here’s an update for you guys. Will update again in a few hours after I get some shut eye. COMMENT! JAEBALYOOOO. :D