First Encounter

A Trainee's Diary

 

Third Person’s POV

 

The next day Dabin had managed to get a flight to Seoul that evening. So the whole morning they spent it on packing their stuff. While packing Sungrin’s stuff she received a call from Dabin.

 

“Heeeey~ Good morning sleepy head.” Greeted Dabin.


“Good morning to you too grumpy pants.” She retorted.


“Yah! Are you ready for later?” He asked.


“Yeah. Don’t stress yourself, I’m ready.” She said.

 

“Okay then. You told your parents that you’re traveling with me right?”

 

“Yeah. I did. They said while we’re in Seoul we should meet my brother.”

 

“Ohhh~ So I get to meet Chao this time.”

 

“We’ll see. I still haven’t decided if I wanted to meet him. Anyway, I’ll take a shower now.”

 

“Arraso, arraso. See you later.” Dabin said his goodbye and put the phone down to prepare his own things for their departure.

 

*Few Hours Later*

 

Knock Knock Knock

 

“Mom can you get that for me?” Sungrin shouted from the second floor to her mother who was cooking lunch on the second floor.

 

“Sungrin! Dabin is here. “ Her mother shouted from halfway through the stairs.

 

“Neh eomma! I’ll be down in a minute.” Sungrin said as she tied up her long blonde hair.

 

“YAH! Park Sungrin, PALI!” Sungrin’s mom rushed her.

 

She quickly went down with all her luggage.

 

“Ready!” She exclaimed with much enthusiasm that made Dabin smile.

 

“Lets go then.” Dabin said offering his right hand for Sungrin to take.

 

“Eomma~ Annyeong!” Sungrin was already waving goodbye to her mother when her Dad came rushing down the stairs.

 

“Where do you think you’re going young lady?” Her Dad looked a little intimidating.

 

“Uhm… Korea?” She hesitated answering.

 

“Okay then. Well, tell your brother to do better in college and have a girlfriend soon.” Her Dad said while smiling.

“Here’s you’re money.” Mr. Park handed her a small brown envelope which contained the money then hugged his daughter before letting her go.


Sungrin bowed to her mother and father.

 

“Kamsahamnida. Bye. See you when ever.” Sungring bid her parents goodbye.

 

“Annyeong Mr. and Mrs. Park. I’ll take care of Sungrin for you.” Dabin reassured her parents.

 

“Ne! Take care to you both.” Mrs. Park said.

 

*In the airport*

 

“What the heck are you wearing?” Dabin asked her.

 

“What?” She looked down at what she was wearing.

 

She wore a loose white shirt, blue jeans and a pair of old sneakers she used back when she was a middle school student.

 

“What’s wrong with what I’m wearing?” She asked him.

 

“You are so tacky. You need a whole new wardrobe…. Like seriously.” Dabin said to her.

 

“Arraso.” She rolled her eyes. 

 

No matter how stubborn Sungrin was, Dabin was much more stubborn than her.

 

“When we get to Korea, I’ll introduce you to one of my friends. He’s Chinese like your brother.” Dabin said.


“Chinchayo?” She asked.

 

“Yeah. Lets go. Its boarding time.” Dabin said as he grabbed Sungrin’s luggage.

 

*Arrival In Seoul, South Korea*

 

Sungrin’s POV

 

I breathed in the sweet sent of Seoul. Well, not really in the literal sense, but you get what I mean.

 

“Yah! Park Sungrin! What are you doing?” Dabin just had to ruin the dramatic moment of me coming home to my mother country.

 

“Yeeesh! You just ruined the moment, you know.” I snapped at him.

 

“Honestly? No. Seriously Sungrin? When was the last time you’ve come to Korea?” He asked.

 

“Five? No, six years ago already. Wae?” I looked at him questioningly.

 

“Nothing. Wanna eat out?” Dabin asked.


My eyes probably lit up because he just took my wrist and dragged me out of the airport. He hailed a taxi and we both went in.

 

“Where are we going?” I asked him.

 

“I’m taking you out to eat, dummy.” He said.

 

“Where exactly?” I insisted.

 

“A little ramen house near our old house.” Dabin said.


We arrived at the Ramen house Dabin was talking about earlier. We were lucky enough to get a table for the both of us because the place was packed with people. Most of the customers were female students. I wondered why there were such many people.

 

“Its just lunch time. There’s a school near here so there’s  a lot of people during lunch.” Dabin explained as if he read my mind.

 

“How did-“

 

He cut me off.

 

“You were wondering your eyes around the place. Its not that hard to know you’re thoughts, you know.” He said in a matter-of-fact ton of voice.


“Arraso.” Just then I spotted a very familiar person by the door of the Ramen House.

I nudged Dabin’s shoulder.

 

“YAH! Look over there.” I pointed over at the door of the Ramen House.

 

The person with black hair and a pair of shades wearing black sweats.

 

“OMO! Its hyung.” Dabin said stifling a laugh.

 

“Yah! This isn’t funny!” I told him in a loud voice which made almost everyone look at me.

 

Well… . I sunk in my seat trying to make myself unnoticeable. Dabin noticed this and tossed me a pair of sunglasses and handed me over his varsity jacket.

 

“Wear it so he wont recognize you.” He told me.

 

I did as told and wore it. I sat back up normally and pretend nothing happened. But I was extremely tensed inside and I was stiff. I tried hard enough not to show it though. Then my worst nightmare happened. Barom walked over to our table. He smiled.

 

“Dabin.. What are you doing back here in Korea?” Barom asked Dabin.

 

“Oh you know… Its summer back in Australia so I’m here.” Dabin said.


“And who’s this lady here?” Pfft? Lady? Does he seriously not recognize his own bestfriend in shades? Seriously?

 

“Oh. This is my friend. Rin.” Dabin said.


“Nice to meet you Rin. I’m Dabin’s brother Barom.” He introduced himself.

 

I didn’t say a word and just stared at him through the sun glasses.

 

“Is she Korean?” Barom asked Dabin.

 

“Oh. Yeah. But she only understands a little bit since she’s half Chinese.” Dabin lied.

 

That little idiot. He knows I’m not half Chinese. Though I do know hot to speak Mandarin because when I first met my stepbrother he didn’t know how to speak English nor does he know Korean. My Dad remarried right after my mother left us for another man.  So then when I met Chao I tried learning my best to communicate with him so I learned how to speak Mandarin from my stepmother. She was kind and everything.

 

“Oh. Alright then. Dabin, See you soon guys. Will just eat and run since we still have training later on.” Barom said.

 

I nodded.

 

“Sure bro. See you when ever. I’ll drop by Yedang when I get a chance.” Dabin said as he fist bumped his brother.

 

-------

Author’s Note : UPDATE! :D So it actually took me a long time to write this since I posted the first chapter without outlining the plot first so it was sort of hard for me to write the second chapter. Now that I have inspiration I will definitely write on a daily basis for you guys. :D Anticipate the next chapter. COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE GUYS! :D Share some thoughts about the story so that I can illustrate the story for you guys more. :D Thank you guys for staying with me until now. :)) I know it took a very long time. Mianhaeyo~