Day 1

A Trainee's Diary

 

Author’s Note : Sorry for the late update. Long chapter ahead guys. :D

------

 

Sungrin’s POV

 

“You’re new here. I haven’t seen you before.” He said.

 

I still couldn’t see clearly of his face. I could distinguish that he was very tall and he had a deep voice.  Unknowingly, I nodded my head at his statement.

 

“So why are you here?” He asked me coming a little bit closer until we were only inches apart from each other.

 

I opened my mouth to say something when someone burst through the door.

 

“Sungrin!” Luhan called out from the door.

 

Great timing Deer Han.

 

I tore away my gaze at the mysterious person and grabbed my bag and rushed out the door.

 

Third Person’s POV

 

The tall mysterious person walked towards the stereo to plug his own phone and dance in that dance studio but he noticed that Sungrin’s phone was still plugged in.

 

“Silly girl.” He chuckled to himself and pulled out her phone.

 

He plugged his phone and played a song. He started to move his body to the music that was blasting through the speakers. After a few hours of dancing he plopped to the ground next to the stereo leaning his head back to the mirror and held Sungrin’s phone up to his eye level.

 

“Sungrin eh?” He muttered to himself determined to look for you the next day.

 

He rested for a bit and got up grabbing his phone, shoving it to his pocket with Sungrin’s phone. He exited the building and went back to the dorms.

 

Sungrin’s POV

 

“You need to go back to the dorms.” Luhan said.

 

“Wae?” I asked him a bit astounded.

 

“The guards are patrolling right now and they don’t even know you’re here. Especially, you aren’t supposed to be here yet.” Luhan explained.

 

I just nodded and agreed with him. Being the “obedient” girl I was, I returned back to the dorms only to find out that I had left my phone in the dance studio. I ruffled my hair in irritation.

 

“Sehun-sshi.” I knocked on his bedroom door.

 

A few seconds and there was still no answer. I tried again.


“Sehun-sshi.” I knocked again.

 

A few seconds later he finally opened the door.


“What is it?” He faced me with an irritated face.

 

“Can I borrow your phone?” I asked.

 

“Reason?” He crossed his arms over his chest.

 

I rolled my eyes at him.

 

“I need to call Luhan.” I said.

 

He frowned at me when I mentioned Luhan’s name. “Luhan hyung? Wae?”

 

“Something.” I said. “Can I please borrow your phone now?” I pleaded.


He just tossed me his phone. “Give it back right after the call.”

 

I nodded. I scrolled at the contacts and I found quite a large number of females’ phone numbers. I stopped scrolling when I finally found Luhan’s name on the contact list.

 

“Wae Sehun? I’m not buying you bubble tea again! Its already passed midnight dude!” Luhan said as soon as he picked up the phone.

 

I guess he was expecting a request from Sehun.

 

“YAH! DEER HAN! Where are you?” I spoke in Mandarin.

 

“I’m still here in the practice room,. Why? Sungrin?” He questioned.

 

“Yep. I left my phone at the dance studio earlier. Could you get it for me?” I asked.

 

“Yeah sure. I’ll give it back to you tomorrow. I’ll drop off the seminar room tomorrow anyway.” Luhan said.

 

“Thanks DeerHan.” I said.

 

“See you tomorrow Sungrin.”

 

The phone call ended and I knocked again on Sehun’s room.

 

“Thanks for letting me borrow your phone.” I said and walked away towards my room.

 

He took his phone from my hands and slammed the door in my face.

 

Rude. Very RUDE.

 

I was about to go into my rage mode and strangle Sehun for being so rude but I would just put it on my list instead because I was too tired to do anything physical right now. All I wanted to do right now is… SLEEP.

 

Right. Sleep. 

 

I walked to my room and crashed on the bed without changing, washing or removing my slippers. I out as soon as my head hit the pillow.

 

*THE NEXT DAY*

 

I woke up early in the morning skipping breakfast; I took a shower and grabbed my bag heading to SM Entertainment’s main building. On the way there I met Jongin again.

 

“Oh. Jongin-sshi.”

 

“Call me Jongin. What’s up Sungrin?” He flashed me a small smile.

 

“I just absolutely hate my roommate.” I made a disgusted face that made Jongin chuckle.

 

“You’re cute.” He said in between his chuckles.

 

“I know I am.” I said with confidence, which made him a little bit startled at my comeback.

 

“W-what?” He stuttered.

 

I turned to face him, “I’m kidding.”

 

I let out a laugh and headed with him to the practice rooms. I was looking at the ground I was walking in so I don’t trip like the last time. I still had those bruises from my last trip. I heard a few people whispering in the room. I lifted my head up and I was quite surprised to see a number of trainees that had signed up officially with SM Entertainment.

 

“Kim Jongin. Who might this lady be?” A lady came up to us while the others where still whispering.

 

I looked at the girl who came up to us and she was the epitome of perfect. She was naturally tall, milky white skin, flawless skinny legs, and flat stomach. She also had an S-line that any other girl would have wanted. And a never-aging face. Her eyes were big and they were light brown. Long black hair that was tied up into a messy bun over her head and full bangs that reached her brows.

 

A girl like that could probably make me insecure… IF I even cared about my looks. But I don’t.

 

“She’s not someone I can introduce to you.” Jongin said.

 

The perfect girl shifted her judging eyes in my direction. She was looking at me like she could pierce a hole in my being. As if she wants me to disappear right in front of her. But I just smirked at her ridiculous actions.  

 

I guess she’s one of those angelic faces with a hidden personality.

 

“Is that so?” She cleared .

 

I looked back into her eyes and we shared a little glaring contest. It was cut off when someone came in the practice room. Jongin bid a goodbye to me but I didn't reply back. 

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, How is everyone’s morning?” A middle aged man asked as he walked towards the middle of the practice room.

 

The others chorused a “Fine” answer.

 

“I’ve heard we have acquired two trainees yesterday… Please come forward.” He had this scary feeling to him but I shook it off and stepped forward.

 

“Oh! It’s a brave heart I see. Who is the other one?” He asked.

 

Instantly my eyes roamed around the room for Luhan. I saw him leaning on the wall next to Sehun across from me. I met his gaze and motioned him to step up as well. He heaved out a sigh and stepped forward from the crowd.

 

“Follow me then.” The middle aged man instructed us with a commanding voice.

 

I followed after him right after hearing hateful comments from the other trainees.

 

“Yah! Luhan, where’s my phone?” I asked him when the door closed behind him.

 

“Oh yeah. I went back but your phone wasn’t there. Its probably with Kris.” Luhan said.

 

“Who is Kris?” I asked.

 

He opened his mouth to explain but the words didn’t come out because the person who called us out cut him off.

 

“I didn’t call you out for nothing.” He said very seriously.

 

I stared at the man and he continued talking.

 

“I called you out because we want you two in our special department. Your training is more intensive then the once you’ve just met earlier. So please work harder.” He said as he lead us to Mr. Lee So Man’s office.

 

“Good morning dear new trainees.” Mr. So Man greeted us with a smile and the man from earlier suddenly went missing.

 

“As what he has said, I am putting both of you in the new department here in SM Entertainment. It’s a special department and there are only a handful of trainees who gets the opportunity to get in that department. As what he has said, please work hard.” Mr. So Man said to us.

 

I just nodded at what he said and looked over to Luhan who looked quite surprised with the new information given to us. He called on to his secretary to lead us to the “special department”. We were brought to the practice room where I was last night. But it looked different, there were lights and I could see everything that was inside the practice room aside from the speakers. Apparently this department is for those who actually have an opportunity to debut as an artist under SM Entertainment and Mr. So Man himself put me and Luhan in this department to train.

 

So that’s why they wanted us to work hard so badly.

 

There were a only female trainee and four male trainees not including me and Luhan. I saw a familiar face in the crowd of a few people in the middle of the practice room.

 

“Sungrin!” He waved me to come closer.

 

“What are you doing here?” He asked quite surprised to see me there.

 

“Jongin… I’m here with Luhan. We were transferred here this morning.” I said.

 

“Oh? Chincha? We could hang out more then.” He perked up and called out his friends.

 

“Guys, I’d like you to meet Sungrin. Sungrin. These are my trainee friends, Junmyun hyung, and Yixing.” He said pertaining to his friends who was standing right next to him.

 

“Yixing?” I tilted my head.

 

“Ne.” He replied in Korean.

 

I smiled widely and greeted him in Mandarin. “Nihao~ Please treat me well.”

 

He smiled back and nodded.

 

“Ah! I forgot someone.” Jongin remembered.

 

“KRIS HYUNG!” He called out across the room to a tall person who had black hair that was standing by the speakers.


He turned his head to look at us and I was instantly stunned with his features. He was gorgeous. I blinked a few times to make sure that he was really there. Jongin motioned him to come to us. He stared at us blankly and walked towards us. I was frozen in place. The familiar feeling from last night came back to me.

 

“Sungrin, this is Wu YiFan. But call him Kris. He’s also Chinese but he came from Canada.” Jongin explained to me.

 

I just nodded at his explanation since I was still frozen. Then it hit me like a bullet train, he was the guy from last night.

 

It has got to be him.

 

I had a few doubts but its most likely to be the guy from last night before Luhan called me out.

 

Just then, a female trainee came up to Kris and dragged him away. Muttering to him something about its not good to be around me in Mandarin. I rolled my eyes at the girl and everyone dispersed in the room while me and Jongin had a little chat. The instructor came in and she was absolutely wonderful… though she’s a little bit strict with us. Especially me and Luhan since we’re new to this department.

 

She was teaching us Jazz. And it was quite difficult because I’ve never had proper training before. And we were starting off with stretching. And she partnered me with Yixing for the Jazz dance. It was quite interesting to be partnered up with Yixing because he was such a wonderful dancer. Though I wasn’t that good with Jazz, we ended up being praised by out instructor because he led me while dancing. A few more hours and we were dismissed for the day. I walked towards the stack of towels on the table beside the couch and grabbed a bottle of water. The other trainees were piling out of the room and bid me a goodbye.

 

“You were great Sungrin!” Yixing said.

 

I just smiled at him and gave him a hi-five.

 

“I’ll head out first with Jongin, Junmyun and Luhan to eat. Kris is coming along to. Do you want to come?” He asked me.

 

“Uhm… Sure. I guess I’ll catch up to you guys in the lobby.” I said.

 

They waved at me and ran out of the room to the shower rooms. I was left alone in the practice room with Kris. I put the towel over my head to dry my hair from extra sweat. That’s when I felt someone standing behind me.

 

“Yes?” I turned around with me still holding the towel in my head.

 

“Your phone.” He said.

 

I frowned. “What about my phone?”

 

“You left it yesterday.” He mentioned.

 

“So? Do you have it?” I asked.

 

“Yeah. I’ll give it to you tomorrow.” He said as he walked out of the practice room probably to shower too.

 

I was left there dumbfounded that I actually had a short conversation with that person. I shook my head and headed towards the female shower room.

 

---------

Author’s Note : HEY GUYS! Sorry for the suppppeeeeeer late update. I sorta got busy with school work and what not, so I didn’t have time to update you guys. Anyway, I missed the chance to see Boyfriend in person. LESIGH. No one guessed who the person might have been. And the comments were only a few. I’m saddd~ Someone comment more, eh? Jebalyooo?~

 

URGH~ THIS ! I LOVE HIM SO MUCH~ <3 hahahaha~