I Like You...

A Trainee's Diary

 

Sungrin’s POV

 

He placed his hands on my cheeks holding my face so I couldn’t move. His lips moved sensually that I couldn’t resist him.

 

I mean… I’ve always imagined how his lips would feel and taste like for the past three years I’ve been in love with him. And here he is kissing me out of nowhere.

 

He deepened the kiss when he nibbled on my bottom lip. But I didn’t give in. I pushed his shoulders so he would sit back down. I straightened my self on my seat and looked away from him.

 

“Why did you do that?” I almost whispered.

 

“I like you.” He stated.

 

That statement made my head turn to look at him.

 

“W-what?” I stuttered.

 

“I like you Rinnie.” He said again.

 

“I don’t believe you.” I looked away from him again.

 

He stood up from his seat and walked towards me. But I forced my self not to look at him or I would crumble. I would loose the reason why I had agreed to going to Seoul in the first place.

 

“Rinnie…” He took my right hand and interlaced it with his.

 

I still didn’t look at him. Shifting my eyes to the window, his fingers reached my chin and forced me to look at him.

 

“What?” I snapped.

 

“Believe me. I really do like you. It took me a while to realize after I left, but I do. I really do. Please give me the chance to prove myself.” He said as he searched my eyes.

 

I couldn’t look away from him. But I had to resist. He still left me in the first place. When I needed him the most. He left me.

 

“And what makes you think I’ll like you back?” I smirked at his overconfidence.


Though I did like him… He still needs to piece back what he broke. He needs to gain my trust if not my love for him.

 

“I’ll win your heart Rinnie. Wait for me.” Barom said just before his phone rang.

 

“Heed my warning Barom. Just don’t do it. Don’t make it harder for me to push you away.” I said that last statement almost inaudible to hear.

 

He looked at me with determined eyes and I looked away. The more I stare into those brown eyes, the more I get lost in them, losing my train of thought with it. The continuous ringing of my phone snapped me out of my trance. I didn’t bother to look at the caller ID and just answered it.

 

“Rinnie!” A familiar male voice called out from the other line.

 

I took a peek at the caller ID and the number was unregistered to my phone.

 

“Dabin?” I asked.

 

“The one and only Jelly man at your service.” He said through the phone.

 

“YAH! HONG DABIN! How dare you…” I hissed at him, remembering that Barom was still right in front of me with a confused expression on his face.

 

People turned their heads to me. Looking at me like I’m sort of alien. I dug my duffle bag for my wallet and put some money on the table enough for the ordered food. I grabbed my bag and rushed out of the restaurant. Leaving behind a very dumbfounded Barom.

 

“Look babe, I did that for your own good and for Barom’s sake as well.” He explained calmly.

 

“But I trusted you Dabin! I told you not to tell him! How could you?” I was so frustrated right at the moment that I wasn’t breathing properly.

 

“Hey, listen to me Rinnie. We’ll talk about this another time.” He said to me.

 

“ Dabiiiiin!” I whined at the phone.

 

“Please Rinnie? I promise to tell you everything.”

 

“You better. And you better have a legit excuse Jelly man.” I said sternly.

 

“Yes sir!”

 

“So why’d you call? You know very well that overseas calls are expensive.” I reminded him.

 

“Ya, pabo aniya? I’m not in Perth nor am I in another country as well.” He said.

 

I frowned.

 

OH . He’s here in Korea!

 

“Errr. I’m right here at Yedang’s main office right now.” He whispered.

 

“Why are you whispering?” I asked.

 

“Because… I’m here to surprise Barom.” He said.

 

“Well… to late for that.” I replied.

 

“Eh?”

 

“You see.. when you called me earlier, he was right in front of me.” I admitted.

 

“Aish! That ruins everything.”

 

“Surprise him another time.” I told him.

 

“Ne, arraso arraso!”

 

I realized that from all my walking I was already in front of the dormitory buildings. I sighed and went in.

 

“Hold on Dabin, I’m here at the dorm’s lobby. I need to get my new schedule.” I told him.

 

“Hey, Rinnie. I’ll call you later.” Dabin said.

 

“WAIT! You didn’t tell him I was here as a trainee did you?” I asked to make sure.

 

“Ani. I wont tell it either if that’s what you’re gonna ask next.” He confirmed.

 

“Okay then. Do whatever. Take care Jelly man. See you around.” I told him.

 

As soon as the phone call ended I stuffed my phone back in my bag and made my way to the reception desk.

 

“Name?” The girl behind the desk didn’t even took a look at me.

 

“Park Sungrin.” I stated.

 

“Here’s your revised schedule. Follow that schedule on the next Monday. The instructors are out for this week so you’ll be able to have your free days until then.” She informed me.

 

Well, that’s hell of good news.

 

“Kamsahamnida.” I bowed a little and went off to wait for the elevators.

 

I tapped my foot on the floor waiting for the elevator to come down. The doors opened and I made my way to the empty elevator with someone trailing behind me. I reached out to press the 18th floor but someone had pressed it for me. I looked at the person and I realized it was just Sehun.

 

I scoffed.

 

“What?” He raised an eyebrow.

 

“Its just you.” I mumbled under my breath.

 

He brushed me off and we got off in the same floor. I let him ahead of me so that I wouldn’t need to open the door for him.

 

“Did you receive the new schedule already?” He asked me taking off his jacket and tossing it to the couch.

 

“I just did. Wae?” I asked eyeing his back as he walked towards his room.

 

“I just think you don’t suit the special department. You don’t have enough to prove yourself.” He said bluntly.

 

It stabbed me repeatedly. His words echoing inside my head. I glared at him.

 

“What would you know?” I spat.

 

“I just do. You lack the determination, inspiration and the talent.” He said shoving it in my face.

 

“You don’t know anything.” I spat back.
 

I won’t back down to him. He’s not going to ruin everything just by bringing me down with his harsh words. I’m better than that. I turned my back at him and went straight for the door with my bag. I slammed the door for him to hear and headed towards the elevators.