And We Meet Again.

A Trainee's Diary

 

Sungrin’s POV

 

“Hyung!” Jongin had a wide smile plastered on his face as soon as he saw the waiter that was serving us.

 

“Oh! Jongin-ah! Why are you here?” The waiter asked in surprise.

 

“Waaaait!” Junmyun protested. “You two know each other?” He asked.

 

Jongin and the waiter exchanged looks and nodded.

 

“Care to explain Jongin?” Junmyun looked at him.

 

“Well, everyone this is Chanyeol hyung. Park Chanyeol. Hyung is my friend from the orphanage I was when I was younger.” Jongin introduced his friend.

 

“I’ll be right back with the rest of your orders.” Chanyeol said as he rushed back to the kitchen.

 

I looked around the place. Schoolgirls were roaming around the place just outside the window. And there were a lot of students who were eating inside.  It was somehow familiar to me. I pursed my lips thinking of when I’ve been here. Just then a little invisible light bulb lit in my head. This is the ramen house Dabin took me to eat once.

 

“Hey guys. Gotta bounce. I remembered I still have to do something.” I quickly made up an excuse to leave.

 

Most of them were dumbfounded but let it go. I could see LiHwa’s smirking face right before I left. I could hand her over this round. I cannot afford to see Barom again. Not like this. Not after our last encounter.


Someone grabbed my wrist preventing me from taking a step forward. I looked behind me to see Kris towering over me.

 

“What is it?” I asked.

 

He took something from his pocket and handed it to me.

 

“Your phone.” He said and went back to his seat without another word or expression.

 

I shrugged it off and stared at my phone. I puled up my hood to cover my hair and placed the shades over my eyes. I was about to leave when someone crashed into me when I opened the door to make my exit.

 

Third person’s POV

 

Sungrin’s shades fell off to the floor when she collided with the stranger. She was about to pick up her shades when the stranger reached for it first. Their hands touched and they looked up to see each other’s face.

 

Gasp!

 

“Its you!” The stranger said in a rather loud voice.

 

“Me?” Sungrin asked a little dumbfounded that she was caught.

 

“Park Sungrin!” The stranger said.

 

“I think you should run.” Sungrin muttered to him.

 

The male looked behind him and saw the huge number of fan girls running after him from outside. He thought and grabbed Sungrin’s wrist and dragged her with him. They ran out of the ramen house and into the open side walk with only a few people there.

 

“Where are you taking me?!” Sungrin shouted at the stranger.

 

No answer. He just kept hold of her wrist the whole that they were running. He took a turn at an alley and successfully escaped the running fan girls.

 

“YA-“ Sungrin was cut off when his hand covered .

 

She shot him a glare. Frowning when she saw who he was.

 

“Mmmrf!” Sungrin struggled at his grip on her wrist.

 

Pressed against a wall wasn’t really an ideal position.

 

“Sorry.” The guy muttered removing his hand that was covering Sungrin’s mouth.

 

“Barom Yu! What the ?” Sungrin raged.

 

“Hey… Rinnie.” Barom gave her a sheepish smile.

 

Her eyes turned to slits.


“What are you doing?” She growled.

 

“Calm down, okay? Look, I’m sorry about last time, but will you please at least give me a chance to talk to you or explain things that went down between us?” He pleaded.

 

“What does it matter to me if you explain?” She eyed him.

 

“Rinnie…” He sighed. “You’re my best friend in the whole world. I don’t want to loose you. Please… just let me explain, eo?”

 

She looked at him in the eyes, looking for sincerity in the words he uttered.

 

“Whatever Barom. I have no time for this right now.” Sungrin said.

 

“Sungrin-ah. Jaebalyo. This will be the first and last time I beg you. So please… just please…” He gripped her right hand with both of his pleading.

 

Sungrin’s POV

 

“Do whatever you want.” My voice coated with ice.

 

His smile grew bigger every second until the tips of his lips reached his ears.

 

“Come on! I know just the perfect place.” Barom interlaced my fingers with him dragged me somewhere.

 

“Where are you taking me?” I asked.

 

“You’ll see.” He smiled at me again.

 

-----

 

“Seriously Barom? This is the best you’ve got?” I asked dumbfounded, as he brought me to the counter to order.

 

“I know its not the same as the one we had in Perth but this is the best I could find here in Seoul.” He said.

 

I raised an eyebrow. “Barom, just… let it go. I’m not the same Park Sungrin you knew back in Australia.”

 

His expression changed but he kept the smile on his face.

 

“I’m willing to change you back into the sweet and caring Sungrin I know. Trust me.” He said with a calm voice.

 

With everything that happened, he still managed to sent my heart fluttering and the butterflies in my stomach went into a frenzy. But I couldn’t afford to blush. Not in front of him.

 

“You know, I miss Perth.” He said after he placed the order.

 

We went to sit down by the window of the restaurant. I sat just across him. I could see him clearly… Right. In. Front. Of. Me.

 

“Perth has been the same ever since you left. Nothing changed.” I said emotionlessly.

 

He shifted his gaze from the window to me. “Nothing? Are you sure? I’m pretty much sure that you missed me. According to Dabin.”

 

That little… I made a mental note to go back to Perth and murder the little twerp when I see him.

 

“What has Dabin been saying, if I may ask.” I pretended not to know anything.


“He told me that you missed me badly. Started being a delinquent and such things...” He trailed off.

 

I frowned.

 

Dabin told him. .

 

“So what’s it to you?” I asked.

 

“How many times do I have to say it so that it will get through your thick scull? You… PARK SUNGRIN is my Best friend. I don’t care what other people say. You’re important to me.” He said.

 

“You know Barom, if you said this a year ago, I might have still believed you. But I’m sorry, I don’t anymore. I lost faith in you.” I said.

 

I knew, saying those words would pierce through him.

 

“I’ll do my best Sungrin to make you believe me again. I promise you that.” He looked right into my eyes.

 

I took the cup of cappuccino on the table and sipped on the hot beverage. I set down the cup back on the coffee table and reached for the tissue. But he reached for my chin and lifted it a little to face him. And our lips met. I felt this hot tongue graze on my upper lip.

 

I had no idea what went into me but I closed my eyes and responded to his advance.

 

Barom… what are you doing to me? 

 

--------------

Author's Note : Ohaaaaaaaaaaai gaaaaaais! Em so sorry for not uploading a chapter earlier. SCHOOL . Anyways, soon I will be able to update almost daily. :> Its december guys. Patiently wait for me until December 17th. :) I'll be free then. Meanwhile, I'll try updating at least thrice a week? so how's that sound? Thoughts guys! Show me some love down to the comments section and subscribe to all readers! ^^ SEE YOU GUYS UNTIL THEN. 

 

Love, 

Jae <3