Chapter o8

Interference
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you sure you’re okay?”

The second you all got home from the crime scene, you were sprinting to the bathroom like your life depended on it. You had shoved off your shoes, probably hitting Jimin and Taehyung when you flung it back over your shoulder. In the car you felt the rush of today’s events die down and your stomach swirling when you remembered all the images you’d seen.

You wave off Taehyung’s question, emptying the rest of whatever was in your stomach. The sounds are disgusting in your ears, you’re completely hunched over the toilet bowl and heaving until there’s nothing left to throw up.

Taehyung kindly rubs your back soothingly, smiling when you look up at him weakly, “Hey, I don’t blame you, we all had our fair share of seeing that kind of stuff for the first time.”

“Apparently, it’s not my first time though..” you sigh, shuddering at the memory.

“You had a memory, huh,” he murmured to himself before holding out his hand to you, “I heard about it from Jiminie.”

You take his hand and let him lift you up, he helps you to the sink where you wash your face and rinse out your mouth. When you raise your head, there’s a face towel held beside you. Looking up into the reflection of the mirror, you lock eyes with Jimin just before he looks away. Taehyung has quietly disappeared from the room, leaving you with the older male.

“Here,” he mumbles, pursing his lips as he continues to keep his eyes averted.

You smile softly and take it, dipping your head in thanks before you wipe your face, “Thanks.”

He doesn’t look at you, choosing to turn away and leave, but not before stopping at door frame, “You should get some rest, we’re leaving first thing tomorrow.”

That night, you couldn’t sleep. Whenever you closed your eyes, they were there; the eyes, the fingers, the body, the memory.

Maybe you should have gone to Taehyung and see if he could maybe say something stupid to cheer you up, or maybe ask Jimin if you could sleep on the floor of his bedroom, just so that you knew he was in the vicinity. But no, you couldn’t do that, you were burden enough.

At some point, you’d gone back to the bathroom belching, and emptied out the remnants of the dinner you’d made for them.

“You look like .”

You look up from where you sit at Taehyung’s desk in the precinct, Yoongi towering over you with two mugs of coffee.

That morning, you totally knocked out in the car due to the lack of sleep, Taehyung jokingly claiming that you were snoring and drooling on the leather seats. You snorted and hit him, though you didn’t admit to them that it was because you couldn’t be left by yourself.

“Thanks, you don’t look so bad yourself Mr. Min,” you counter as he takes a seat on Jimin’s chair. The two are busy discussing with Seokjin and Namjoon in the division leader’s office, reluctantly leaving you alone in the office. You’re thankful Yoongi appears out of nowhere, probably emerging from a nap in the break room.

According to the bags that swell under the curve of his dark eyes and his messy blonde locks, your deduction might be correct.

He grunts before handing you a mug, “I don’t know how you like it so I just made it just like mine.”

A warm aroma of freshly brewed coffee wraps around your senses and fills your nostrils, you smile softly at him and nod. Taking a sip, you savor the pleasant bitterness that wakes up your senses. Heat from the mug radiates under your hand, a welcomed warmth in comparison to the chill you felt back at the crime scene.

“How are you feeling?” he asks, setting down his mug.

You shrug, taking a few more sips of the heavenly liquid before doing the same, “Alright, I guess…”

He stares at you briefly, eyes narrowing as he scans your expression before he sighs and ruffles his own hair, “You know, being a homicide detective and all, you meet a variety of people when searching for the suspect.”

Yoongi pauses to gauge your expression again, his eyes seemingly burning holes into your flesh as he continues, “And we get to see our fair share of lies.”

“Are you saying I’m lying?” you ask with a raised eyebrow, “About what?”

“I can tell you’re scared,” he replies simply, leaning back in the rolling chair with his arm crossed behind his head, “I can see it in your eyes, fearful and alone, tired too.”

You fall silent, frowning at his words, your fingers busying themselves by playing with the hem of your shirt. Noise fills the silence that had fallen between you two, when Jimin and Taehyung leave the division leader’s office with Namjoon and Jin.

Yoongi makes a noise, picking up his mug and rising from his seat. He makes brief eye contact with Jimin before he reaches over to place a hand on your head just like the time at the parking lot.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter