Chapter 1o

Interference
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*I wasn't sure if it was enough or explicitly written to need a warning, but there's implied abuse

“Give me a good explanation why you decided to not listen to me again and just go with Yoongi and Hoseok hyung to another crime scene that could have been just as horrifying as the first one?”

Once Yoongi and Hoseok are done checking out the crime scene, you all return to the precinct where Taehyung and Jimin wait for you.

You cringe as Jimin stands above you with his hands on his hips, looking very much like a mother in your eyes. And suddenly you’re saddened at the thought.. The downfall of losing everything about yourself, you don’t even have any idea about your family, your parents, whether you have siblings, there’s nothing. It’s completely random thought, but you’re reminded of the reason why you’re even acquainted with Park Jimin and Kim Taehyung and their unit in the first place.

Jimin notices the way your expression falls and he feels his posture lax and glare soften, he doesn’t touch you but he hesitantly tries to console you verbally, “Hey, uh.. It’s okay.. Um but I told you I’d be right back.. If you didn’t want to be alone so badly, Namjoon and Seokjin-hyung were here to keep you company too….”

He feels himself begin to sweat, afraid you were going to start crying or something again.

“Ah our Jiminie, you’re being a little harsh!” Hoseok chides, clicking his tongue as he drops his arms around the younger’s shoulders, “There’s no way we could have refused the insistent request of a beautiful young woman!”

Jimin feels something inside him twist as he flicks his friend on the forehead.

Hoseok grins, sliding an arm around Jimin, “Come on, calm down a little man!”

“How can I calm down when you two left her in the car alone?!”

“What danger was she in?” Yoongi cuts in irritably, frowning at the younger, “I’m pretty damn sure that the sight today wasn’t any prettier than your case.”

You’re uncomfortably standing in between the two men, both staring each other down until Jimin gives in under the elder.

“You have to give them some credit Jiminie,” Taehyung speaks up, his voice chiding and gentle to keep from setting them off, “At least she’s here now, so let’s just go home, yeah?”

The orange-haired man lets out a sigh and nods, his shoulders lax and he retreats away from the blonde. In turn, you notice how Yoongi tenses up and his eyes squint at something approaching you both.

Or rather, someone.

“I assume this young lady is the amnesiac, the side job.”

Ouch, you wince, first Taehyung and now this guy, who the do they think they were just calling you a “side job” you were a human for ’s sakes. Not like you had a name to correct them with anyway.

Jimin twists around to bow slightly to Chief Ahn, his back straightened significantly as he regards the older male with a look of distaste. You’re completely hidden behind Jimin’s broad back, the wall he creates with his body keeping you from being seen by the division chief.

All the other officers in the precinct are silent and very aware of the tension brewing between Jimin and Chief Ahn. However the animosity that rolls off of Jimin’s being when he’s in the presence of the chief is nothing new to their eyes.

“Your assumption is correct, chief,” Jimin spits, voice a growl as he pretty much snarls at the elder, “As much as I’d like for you to meet her, we’re on our way home now.”

“Home? She’s staying with you? Perhaps you’ve grown fond of her then, Mr. Park,” he grins with a quirked eyebrow, “Are you sure you can afford to trust another woman? You wouldn’t want her to be as conniving as the last one.”

You notice how Jimin’s back tenses, his hands balling into tight fists at his sides, and a growl barely erupting from the back of his throat.

“You should be careful, she could be danger, she could be an abusive, lying,.”

You freeze, what did he just call you?

Yoongi and Taehyung slowly cross over to your side, tugging you back to lead you out of the precinct. You let them, Yoongi curling his arm around your head to cover your ears, and Taehyung placing his hand on the small of your back. During the walk to the door, you can feel the the burn of the chief’s eyes searing into the back of your head. Jimin waits until the three of you are out the door and it clicks close.

“She’s a pretty young woman,” Chief Ahn says, “Just like your mother.”

The temperature in the room seemingly drops another few degrees as the other officers watch the inner war that’s waging inside of the orange-haired man. It’s not the first time, nor is it the second, that they’ve witnessed the tense stand-offs between their second youngest and the chief but they always watch with anticipation how the chief seems to push every single one of Jimin’s buttons. Hoseok is quick to take his side and grab his wrist, keeping him grounded in case he decides to pounce.

“Maybe you should introduce her to your mother, Mr. Park, I’m sure she’ll see her soon.”

Jimin snaps, all hell breaking loose as he launches his body forward. Hoseok is quick to grab his other wrist and pull him back with the help of Namjoon.

“You ing bastard! You can go and shut the up! Don’t you ing dare talk about her like that!”

“Jimin stop, let’s just go, she’s waiting outside for you,” Namjoon says, his deep voice restrained as he appraises the chief with a look of indignation.

“You better be careful Park Jimin, instead of he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter