Chapter 18

Interference
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N Hi so basically lol I've been really bad at updating on this website, if you follow me on tumblr you probably already know that I updated ch. 19 finally, so sorry that I've been forgetting this whole time LOL. So double update wooo~

The rustle of the sheets are restless, room engulfed in darkness with the minuscule slivers of moonlight that intrudes through the blinds. Jimin’s body is slick with sweat, his room proving to be a boiling pot even when he knows the aircon is and his ceiling fan is running on high.

It’s only been days after his confession to you of his past, none of you having the courage to bring it up even when you both were left alone. Ever since he’d slept with you that night, he couldn’t sleep peacefully alone in bed. And just like the recent nights, he crawls out of bed and quietly tip toes to the living room where he knows you’ll be sleeping. The wood mewls under his weight as he carries himself down the hallway and into the living room where you’re laying on the couch. This time however, he’s greeted by the sight of you sitting up with your phone in your hand, playing a game.

Were you waiting for me? He wonders as his heart thumps in his chest rhythmically, feet dragging himself to the couch where you welcome him. You smile softly at him, shutting off your phone and setting it on the coffee table before laying down and letting him tuck himself close to your back. You’ve gotten used to this, having him appear in the middle of the night, sleep deprived and seeking for your warmth.

Each time you can’t help but smile and welcome him whole-heartedly, slipping into a rather peaceful slumber as does he. There’s something you both seem to question, wondering why is it that you can’t help but feel secure by the other’s side. In the morning he’s usually up and getting ready for work by the time you awaken. But this time you find your face buried in his chest, legs tangled and his arm keeping you as close as possible. You presume that somewhere during the night you’ve turned over and retreated into his heat, happily snuggling close to the security that he seems to provide.

Subtly tilting your head upward, you gaze up at Jimin’s sleeping expression - plump lips parted, sooty lashes fallen perfectly over his cheeks, and his faded orange fringe falling slightly downward but over his eyes.

An angel, you think warmly, your hands compelled to reaching up and brushing the strands out of his face but you stop yourself and continue to lay there watching him sleep a little longer. In contrast to the times you’ve seen his distressed, upset, and fallen expression, you admire how at peace he appears.

He’s so pretty up close, you sigh blissfully, glancing slyly down at the plush pink pillows of his lips. In turn, your cheeks rise in heat at realization of your close proximity.

You both weren’t close, you think hopelessly, it’s a miracle that he trusts you enough to know about his past. However, you couldn’t just mistake that trust for affection, Jimin doesn’t trust women after all, what possibility was there that he could even have the ability to hold any sort of emotions other than hatred towards you?

What did you even feel towards him?

Glancing up, you’re taken by surprise to find raven hair and dark coal staring back at you, a soft smile spreading across his face. However, you shriek in surprise, planting your palms on his chest and successfully shoving the stranger off the couch.

There’s a resounding thump followed by a groan before Jimin’s orange locks pop up from the ground, his expression irritable and grumpy from being disturbed from his sleep. Frowning, he squints at you, collecting his bearings from his rude awakening, “What the grandma?”

“S-sorry,” you stammered, feeling the blood rushing to your cheeks as you sit up quickly and huddle away from him. He notices this and raises an eyebrow.

“Hey, you alright in here (Y/n)?” Taehyung’s voice starts, walking in and pausing when he notices his partner on the floor. He observes your distraught form, stringing things together in his mind before the gears click and a smug grin stretches across his face.

Jimin sneers at the expression, “Wipe that ty look off your face it’s not what you think.”

“Oho~” the younger muses playfully, wiggling his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter