Chapter 13

Interference
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin never despised a woman so much. Sure, he hated you, but then he got used to you and decided to tolerate your existence in his life just a little bit to be able to help you regain your memories as soon as possible. The sooner you’re helped, the sooner you’re gone - right? That was what he wanted, for you to just leave him be and carry on with your life.

He’d also hated his mother, not as much as he feared her, constantly waiting in the shadows for her arrival, terrified whether she was drunk or just angry and needed to let off steam. She was still his mother, and was an actual mother up until his father left and she’d gone crazy. There was that spot inside him that genuinely cared for her despite the treatment she paid him with, murdering her crushed him.

No, but this woman infuriated him. One look and he felt everything came rushing back, so overwhelming and intimidating as she smiled at him so sickeningly sweet.

She looked like an angel. But by god was she anything like one.

You looked up at Jimin, his back towards you, as you wonder the relationship between the two. Glancing between the two, you examine the woman, looking to be about early twenties with her flawless skin. She had short honey brown hair and the brightest hazel eyes, and stood confidently on tall legs and heels.

“It’s been awhile hasn’t it, Jiminie?” She giggles, eyeing him coyly.

Your gaze travels downward when she looks you straight in the eyes, her hazel orbs intimidating you. Jimin shifts over to cover you and you can’t help but look down and notice his trembling fists. Glancing up, his jaw is clenched as he stares ahead with a hardened gaze and furrowed brows.

He’s not shaking in fear, you conclude, he’s angry, holding himself back.

“It has,” he grits, catching a glimpse of Taehyung’s troubled expression.

“Good to see you too Tae, how have you been?” she hums, turning her attention towards the brunette, “Your wound any better?”

His hand finds his chest, the right side, the exact spot he showed you that morning about his gunshot wound. “Better..” he responds carefully, frowning at the wicked turn of her smile.

“And who might that be?” she asks innocently, motioning towards Jimin, specifically you hiding behind his back.

“No one,” he snaps defensively, reaching back to snag you by the shirt, “No one that concerns you.”

You blink down at his fingers that grip tightly at the material of your top, noticing how they quiver despite the steadiness of his voice.

“If you have nothing else to do than to bother us, then we’ll be taking our leave now,” Taehyung quickly interjects before anything else can be said. He can tell that Jimin is seconds away from breaking down, hurriedly motioning for him to head down another path. With the assumed murderer escapee behind them and this woman from the past, the best option was to the right.

You’re dragged along, his hand still holding onto your shirt, stumbling clumsily after the two. Looking back, you catch the mischievous eyes of the girl, her lips curling into a smirk as she waves at you.

Shivering, you pick up your pace to match Jimin and Taehyung’s speed walk. When it’s deemed far enough, you all stop and order something at a randomly chosen food vendor.

As Taehyung orders, you stand a little away from the eldest, gauging his expression and wondering if it’d be alright for you to ask him what’s going on. You don’t know who that woman was, who she was to Jimin, or why that man from your memories was doing, free after being charged for murder.

“If you have something on your mind, say it, stop staring at me, you ert,” he grumbles, shooting you a quick glare before staring down at his shoes with his arms crossed over his chest. His eyes are tired, most likely exhausted from the encounters of today.

You open your mouth immediately, the questions on the tip of your tongue and ready to shoot until Taehyung returns with two plastic containers filled with kimbap. Biting your lip, you catch the look on Jimin’s face as you all look for a place to sit.

.

“We gotta do something about him.”

Five men watch wearily as Jimin quietly does his paperwork, fully aware of the five pairs of eyes burning holes into the back of his head. They whisper amongst themselves, crouched and huddled in a small circle in the corner of the precinct.

“And you think this is going to work? After his past, yeah, no,” Yoongi snorts blandly, frowning as they continue to brainstorm a good plan.

“You never know,” Taehyung shrugs, hopelessly trying to suppress the sly smile on his face.

.

You can’t find the right moment to ask Jimin the questions that run through your mind, even as Taehyung decides that Hoseok and Yoongi’s apartment is close so it’d only be polite to visit if they were home.

“Hobi’s at the precinct,” the blonde informs as Taehyung and Jimin immediately push their way into his living space without so much as a greeting or permission to be let in. You figured that they were all close enough to the point that each other’s apartments were like second homes to the other. Especially Yoongi and Jimin, you think as you watch both Taehyung and Jimin disappear into the kitchen to raid the fridge, they may have not told you anything about their relationship or past, but you can guess that their friendship runs pretty deep - as if they were actual brothers.

“Hey you,” Yoongi says, beckoning you to sit with him on the couch, “You look like you’ve seen a ghost, what’s wrong now?”

You sit beside him, letting yourself relax around Yoongi’s presence as he nudges you. If you asked him, would he answer your question, you ask yourself, gazing at the older male curiously.

“Yah, what’s up with you,” he frowns, poking your forehead repeatedly.

You’re not sure when, but as you grow closer with Yoongi, you find a side of him that’s soft and warm and very nurturing, much like how Seokjin seems. He has this kind mature and possibly father-like feel, as though he were your actual older brother. You wonder if that’s how he is towards Jimin, being an older brother kind of figure to him.

“Do you know, about a case about a guy that Jimin caught—”

“The one who butchered up a girl’s body and threw all her limbs in a plastic bag, yeah, disgusting bastard.”

You purse your lips, shivering when you picture the crazed look in the man’s eyes when he turned and spotted you. They were cold, barren, no emotion whatsoever, the eyes of a murderer. And you had a feeling, he was returning to fulfill his promises of pursuing you.

“He’s out of prison, huh,” Yoongi says with a troubled sigh, sitting back with his head laid back against the backrest of the couch, “Some bull reason about not having enough evidence on the er, so they lowered his sentence.”

“R-really?” you gape, wondering how a found body was too little evidence, they could’ve found his DNA all over her too, “But the body..”

“Apparently the body was gone, and with no evidence, not even the weapon he’d used, he was given a retrial - got his sentence lowered.”

Noticing how your expression falls, he reaches over and ruffles your hair, “Hey, don’t worry about it, and if that guy comes after you, we’ll protect you.”

“I have another question,” you quickly say, stumbling over your words as his hand freezes in the midst of tangling his fingers within your strands. He sits up and gives you his undivided attention when he notices how conflicted you are.

“We also ran into someone today… she seemed to know Jimin and Taehyung as well..”

You shrink underneath Yoongi’s sharp eyes, staring at you as he registers the information you’ve given him.

“She?” he repeats, waiting for you to affirm your words.

You nod, pressing your lips together in a firm line.

He lets his head hang as he sighs, “And you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter