Chapter o3

Interference
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

”What the do you think you’re trying to play at Kim Taehyung?”

Once his partner agreed on behalf of both of them, he was up and dragging Taehyung with him to discuss about his little outburst. His fingers curled around the front of the younger’s uniform collar, pressing him further into the wall as he glared into the laxed blank eyes of his co-worker.

“I don’t know about you, but I don’t mind being reduced to ‘some identity theft agency’ to help out one girl for a little while,” Taehyung spoke firmly without waver, staring straight into the glowering eyes of Jimin’s, “But this is your chance, you need to get used to having a woman around, for God’s sake Jimin, you’re always walking around with a stick up your , take this as a little side job off work.”

“And don’t say ‘but’, the others are capable of working on the cases, one break won’t kill you.”

Jimin sighs shakily, ruffling his orange hair vigorously, “You know full well that I can't…”

“I know, that’s why I’m saying only for a little bit, if you really can’t then fine she can go to an actual identity theft agency,” he sighs, placing a comforting hand on the older’s shoulder.

They return to find you sitting idly where they had left you, kicking your feet back and forth like a child, your fingers pressing lightly against your forehead. When you spot them, you’re immediately standing with your hands held behind your back, crossing your fingers in hope, and holding your breath awaiting their answer.

Jimin looks over you once more, disgust filling him when he glances over your body clad in regular jeans and a plain tee. Exhaling dramatically, he nodded towards his partner and turned to leave.

“He said okay,” Taehyung beamed, motioning excitedly for you to follow as they lead you to their car, “We’re still technically clocked in, so you’ll be able to meet the whole gang~”

“Don’t worry though, they’re not as tight up the as Jiminie here is,” he reassures before pausing, thinking for a moment before shaking his hand dismissively, “On second thought one of them can be a little bit of a cold one, but he’s a big teddy bear, just don’t wake him up when he’s napping.”

“Yoongi-hyung is gonna choke you to death if he ever finds out you just called him a teddy bear,” Jimin points out bluntly as they get in the car with you in the back seat.

You watch in fascination as they talk like they’ve been friends forever, the screen divider blocking you from their world. The orange-haired man seems to forget your presence as you notice how lax his shoulders are compared to back at the hospital.

“You know.. she’s gonna have to stay with us.”

You have to place your hand on the divider to prevent your face from slamming into the glass screen when Jimin slams his foot on the breaks.

He pulls over with a screeching stop, his knuckles draining into a pasty white the tighter he grips the steering wheel as he slowly turns his head to squint at his partner. His mouth twitches as he glances at your confused face before glaring back at Taehyung.

“What do you mean.. she’s going to stay with us?”

“It’s exactly what I mean, you’re not that stupid Jiminie,” the younger sighs, pausing when the latter glares at him, “I hope you weren’t thinking of dropping her in some cheap, crusty old motel, and I’m sure the rest of the guys don’t want some stranger to be living with them until she can pick herself back up.”

“You’re forgetting that she’s also a stranger to us!” Jimin reasons, frowning when Taehyung shakes his head.

“I’m aware of that, but she’s got nothing hyung, she has no clue about who she is, what makes you think she’s going to know what to do with herself when there’s nothing for her to salvage, that’s why we’re going to help her.”

As they argue, you can only watch them in confusion, their mouths moving but no sound penetrating through the glass protector that separates you from their conversation. However, based on the stress and frustration that twists Jimin’s face and the subtle glances he shoots you, you’re able to deduce that they’re talking about you.

Taehyung looks oddly calm compared to the older male, eyes drilling back into the other’s glower.

It doesn’t take long in their staring contest, desperate to one up each other, until Jimin sighs and silently admits his defeat with his head hung low before continuing to drive to the precinct in a pregnant silence that makes all three passengers in the car tense with awkwardness.

As soon as the emergency brake is locked into place and Jimin yanks the key out of the ignition, he’s shoving the door open and close with a reverberating slam before stalking into the building. Taehyung is left to open your door with an apologetic smile, leading you through the double doors and past the front desk to a room full of desks, a separate room in the far corner probably the leader of the division’s office you hypothesize, as he leads you towards where Jimin is seated and grumbling to two other detectives.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter