Chapter 21

Interference
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/n): Hi it’s been awhile. Enjoy cute little carrot-top confused about his feelings. And the story goes on :) 

 

“Something on your mind?”

You perk up at Jimin’s voice that cuts through the silence in the dark living room. Arms tighten their hold from around your waist, and you feel a certain sense of security here with the man. He seems to sense your discomfort and restlessness, wondering if maybe he should leave you be for tonight.

“Just a little anxious… I guess..” you respond, pressing yourself closer to his warmth, “A lot has happened in such a little amount of time and I’m just getting overwhelmed is all.”

He stays silent for a moment and you wonder if maybe he’d gotten bored and fell back asleep. However, he rises from his place behind you, tucking the blanket back in place around you, “I’ll be right back.”

You wait, closing your eyes to listen to his footsteps from a distance, counting them as you try to calm your breathing. When they grow close again, he helps you to sit up against the sofa. Looking away shyly, he hands you a glass of water, scratching the back of his neck unsurely.

“I… don’t know much about anxiety attacks… so drink up and just breathe okay?”

He takes a seat beside you and doesn’t spare you one glance as you take small sips from the glass before setting it down on the coffee table.

“Did that guy say something?” He asks hesitantly, looking at you from the corner of his eye, “If he said something stupid I’ll—“

“He didn’t say anything stupid,” you interrupt with a soft smile, “More like… he said something that really affected me though.”

Jimin falls silent at that. He wonders if he should ask, it obviously doesn’t have anything to do with him.

“You’re not gonna ask what he said?” You asked tentatively after a while of the man’s silence.

He bites his lip as he ponders over that.

“It’s not really my place…”

You frown at this, looking up at the ceiling. His presence was more comforting than anything could ever be. The constriction in your throat seemed to relax as you laid your head against his shoulder. The muscles tense on contact, but relax as soon as he knows it’s you.

“Jungkook is all I have after all…” you whisper softly, ignoring the twitch of his hands. Right. That was sensitive territory for some reason.

“Jungkook please tell me, I have to know,” you demand, almost begging into phone as you grow dizzy. Shapes and lights flicker before your eyes as Jungkook tries to buy time over the phone.

“I-I’m not sure you’re stable enough to hear this when you were just hospitalized…”

Memories flash before your eyes of a man and a woman with your eyes and your hair color. Your heart twists with recognition at their faces along with a younger boy standing in between them with a wide and toothy grin.

‘Noona!’ A voice calls out cheerily, the voice of a child.

“(Y/n)!”

Blinking, she returned to normal and made a noise of acknowledgement for her old friend to know she was present.

“They’re dead, he said,” she smiled sadly, remembering how hesitant Jungkook was to tell her. She couldn’t blame him for considering her situation with trying to gain memories and fainting all of a sudden. He knew the added information would probably stress her out even more than she already was.

“I can barely remember what they look like, much less their names, their voices…” Biting her lip to keep from letting stray tears leave her glossy eyes, she wondered if this even mattered to Jimin, “He mentioned it was a homicide case and the perpetrators were detained… My family… my little brother… disappeared from this world.”

“I guess… after all this, Jungkook really is all I got,” you laugh softly.

Why am I so selfish? Jimin thought scornfully, running his fingers through his hair in frustration. Why was he keeping you here when Jungkook was an obvious gateway to your past? How could he be so selfish to keep you from that? He knew from the very beginning this was only temporary and yet he refused to believe that your short time with him and Taehyung was over now. So then why did it hurt him so much when he wanted to get rid of you? The thought of handing you over to your best friend made him sick to the stomach.

“Do you… want to go to him then?” He asks hesitantly, wondering why he was so afraid to hear your reply. He waits a while, letting out a breath he didn’t know he was holding until he hears the faint noise of your breathing.

“(Y/n)?” He blinks, looking over finally to find you passed out on his shoulder. Biting back a smile, he felt his cheeks heat up as he helped lay you down.

“Silly girl,” he sighs as he lays down beside you with his chin resting on his propped up hand. You just couldn’t make it easier on him. Raising a hand, he let his fingers brush over your parted lips. “You have no idea,” he further laments, trying to keep himself from having an episode. His breath caught in his throat at Jungmi’s sickeningly sweet smile that takes your place. His muscles twitch when her arms circle around his body. Shaking his head fervently, he’s relieved to find you there instead. Looking so peaceful, he felt that unknown feeling in his chest again, as he removed his hand and instead slid it over your waist.

Just one more night he supposed. He wanted to stay like this. And engrave the feeling of you sleeping beside him.

He wondered if after all of this, he would wish he hated you to protect himself from growing so attached to you like this.

Come morning, the sunlight pours into the living room through the cracks of the blinds. Mouth open w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter