Chapter o7

Interference
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

warning: Kind of... a little bit.. you know just a tad bit graphic! shield your eyes children

Ever since you and Jimin were freed from your handcuff incident, there was no significant change in his behavior towards you other than he probably tolerated your presence a little bit more than he used to. His instincts, the same, are to flinch and freeze, inhale sharply and back away, glare and attack whenever you try to advance or end up close to him. However, you’ve noticed the intensity of his glares soften, even if it’s just a little bit.

He makes attempts to speak to you without sounding like he wanted to tear your head off or sounding as though you were holding a gun to his chest. But other than that, nothing has changed, and he’s still the same uptight and curt Jimin he usually is everyday.

You don’t tell Jimin and Taehyung of your past two memories involving the character Jeon Jungkook who you guess must be Kookie from the first memory. You’re not sure who he is exactly, who he was or could have been to your past self.

“Reports were called in about gunshots and screaming.”

“Information on the body is left empty..” Jimin mumbles as you follow closely behind him and Taehyung who are passing around files that were contained in a manila folder, “Apparently it’s just barricaded off, no one’s checked it out yet..”

“Sounds sketchy, I guess we’re the ones reporting in and calling forensics later,” Taehyung says, before pausing to turn to you. When you look up, you’re surprised with the blank look that crosses the usually mischievous expression on his face.

“Are you sure you’re okay with coming along?” He asks seriously, concerned over something you have no idea of but you’re about to find out if you go along.

“You don’t need to come with us ert, you could have just waited in the car,” Jimin speaks up as he stops before a door that has yellow barricade tape over it. The police officers guarding it have stepped aside and eye you suspiciously but Jimin and Taehyung wave off the caution and they let you all inside.

You wonder if you’d dread your decision to shake your head and tell them you want to come along. The car ride over had you thinking twice, the ominous door underneath the police tape with the paint peeling off and it’s squeaky hinges when pushed open has you wishing to tell them you’d definitely stay in the car. But there was no backing out when they closed the door.

Right away, there’s a nasty stench of alcohol and decaying flesh that meets your nostrils. You freeze when your companions pull out their handguns, aimed at the ground with the safety switched off. You three advance into the living room, everything left untouched with a mess of empty alcohol bottles scattered all over.

“We should split up, you stay here,” Jimin says, addressing you with a pointed look that says you shouldn’t disobey his words.

The voice of protest catches in your throat when Jimin ventures forth into the kitchen and Taehyung gives you one last encouraging look at your distraught state before heading down the hallway. You’re left alone in the living room, rigid and trembling.

Without the two here, even Jimin, you feel incredibly vulnerable, alone, and afraid. This is all starting to feel like some cheesy horror movie with you as the dumb main character when you opt to disobey and find at least Jimin or Taehyung.

Exploring through the hallway, you hear water running from a closed door. You look around, odd how Taehyung just skipped this door and went ahead to the bedroom.

It seems like a totally bad idea, especially when Jimin clearly told you to stay in the living room. You can already imagine his disappointed and upset frown when he finds out you disobeyed him.

Sorry Jimin, you think as you grip the doorknob, the metal ice cold to the touch against your fingers. The sound of the running water becomes more clear as you push the door slowly open.

First step in, a splash at your feet catches your attention.

It becomes apparent to you, the flood of water at your feet.

Your blood runs cold when you spot the spirals of red amidst the clear water. Alarms blare throughout your conscience, but you force yourself to it up and shove the door open.

“ert?”… “ert?”

Jimin heaves a big sigh as he picks up the pace and rushes into the living room where he last left you. Fear grips at his insides at the silence that meets him, the empty spot where you were supposed to be standing, slapping him in the face.

“I’m gonna kill that woman.”

Your stomach churns, bile filling your mouth. The flood of water below is beginning to seep through your shoes and dampen your socks. You’re pretty sure your face is drained of its color, completely twisted in fear and disgust.

You’re not sure whether you take a staggering step back or forward but the corpse is there and it seems as though it’s moving closer by the second, a magical pull that’s reeling you in. It almost looks like the corpse is slowly turning it’s head and is staring at you.

And that’s when you cringe, cupping a hand over your mouth and holding back the scream that’s stuck in your throat. Maybe, if it weren’t for the fact that you didn’t want to alarm Jimin and Taehyung, you’d have already started crying like a baby and vomited in the toilet. At this point, you can’t trust whatcould be in that toilet.

Because as you stare back at the corpse, in the bloody abyss of its sockets, you wonder where this person’s eyes have gone. The blood by now are dried up tear tracks on their cheeks.

Its closed plump lips is helping you identify this person as a female, which makes your stomach twist even more.There’s deep cuts that create chasms in the woman’s cheek, bruises purple her neck in rings that indicate strangulation.

She’s stripped from what you can tell, you’d so comment on her pale skin if it weren’t for the slashes that strike across her chest and the large bullet craters that leak of dried up blood on her upper body. Her arms are resting on both sides of the tub, but you regret ever looking because as you follow along her arm, you become aware of the fact that her eyeballs were not the only body parts missing. Nails pin the hands to the tub, and it’s completely apparent that her hands are bare of their fingers.

“Ji.. Ji…. Jimin..” You want to cry, your throat closing up and leaving you gasping. At the moment, you’re so ready to empty your stomach. There’s too much blood, thank God it’s dried up but that doesn’t make it any better. The bullet wounds cause your head to throb. Your eyes are shot wide, hand rising to touch your gauze.

Screaming. It rings in your ears and reverberates off the walls that border the alley way.

There’s a gruff voice that twines with the high pitched screams.

Your memory is too hazy to make out, almost like it’s tunnel vision.

However, you can make out a girl who seizes screaming when a butcher’s knife swipes her head clean off. Her other limbs facing the same fate.

“Hey you!” The gruff voices calls out, “Hey—”

“Hey ert, snap out of it.”

Jimin is quick to retract his hand as soon as he shoves you out of the way, shielding you from seeing the corpse any longer.

“W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter