Chapter o4

Interference
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With you waiting in the car, the duo are back in the precinct. All six of their little group having gathered, some seated atop desktops or swirled around on their rolling chairs. Their faces are calm and indifferent as they speak and listen to what the other has to say. After having been together in their unit for years, the atmosphere is lax and free of tension as they discuss the happenings of the day.

As Taehyung talks about what happened at the crime scene with you, Jimin is zoning everything out and thinking back to the crime scene.

“Hey… hey miss!”

He snaps up on cue at Taehyung’s alarmed voice, hand instinctively flying to the handgun at the holster on his belt. His eyes find his partner crouched beside you, clutching your head with your eyes blown wide.

“Hey, you, ert, what's your problem now huh?” despite the coldness in his question, he can feel the fear creeping up his throat, “ert?”

His partner places both of his palms on your shoulders, proceeding to shake your body back and forth.

Hands trembling, you fall boneless in his hands and you're no longer conscious. Body falling over sideways and landing gently on the ground with the cushioning assistance of Taehyung.

Your collapsed body causes Jimin’s eyes to widen, throat drying significantly at the familiarity of the position, his jaw slackening. Backing away slowly, boots scuffing against the pavement, he can't help the irony that your head fell over the dried blotch of blood.

Oddly enough, or maybe scarily enough, you looked dead, like a dead body found at a crime scene. Looking down at his hands, he gasps when his hands are splattered with a reddish-brown liquid, blinking furiously to find that it’s merely a figment of his imagination. Shakily, he desperately wipes his hands on his pants, fright and guilt hitting him smack dab in the chest, feeling like a blow to the solar plexus as he gasps for air. The illusion causes him to stagger back, stumbling over his own feet as he continues to stare at your still body.

“Hey Jiminie, care to help?” Taehyung calls, not looking at him as he situates your head on his shoulder. However when the older can only wheeze, Taehyung knows exactly what's going on and softly lays you down before tending to his hyperventilating partner.

“T-tae I can't… it's too much I just can’t do th-this..” he grits out, breathing heavily as the younger pats his back soothingly, leading him towards one of the back doors of a shop.

“Hey it’s okay,” Taehyung whispers, before cursing under his breath and mumbling, “Damn if Yoongi were here..”

“I can't Tae, you can't make me go through with this damn case-”

He's interrupted when your groan slices through his sentence and Taehyung is back to shaking you awake.

Jimin glances down with a frown, squinting down at his open palms.. clean. There's no blood, nothing, not even a miniscule of dust. Just a cruel illusion, playing with his feelings and his inevitable past.

He remembered the first thing he did when they got to the precinct was rushing to the restroom, probably setting a world record for 20 meter sprints, to wash his hands over ten times until he's sure he's probably eliminated all the bacteria and dirt on his hands. There were some officers venturing the hallway at the time, but he could care less at the time and had shoved them aside, not giving any more of a second glance when they set him dirty glares for his rudeness.

“Jimin-ah.”

He flinches and looks up to see all of his colleagues staring at him. The sudden attention causes him to slightly shrink back before retaining his composure and meeting their gazes levely.

“What?”

Taehyung shakes his head as they all cast looks between each other, “Nothing, let's go, she's waiting long enough in the car.”

Jimin nods, catching the eyes of Yoongi for a brief moment, the older giving him a pat on the shoulder before he follows after his partner.

You barely let out a peep as they get in the car in silence, not like you’d be able to tell when the divider was keeping you in silence. The car roars to life as Taehyung pulls out of the parking lot and drives to their apartment, where you assumed you’ll be staying.

Pressing your cheek against the cool window, you watch the buildings and cars pass by your car, the quiet making you antsy and in need of someone to talk to. It goes on like this until you’re parked and being let out by Taehyung, who beckons you to follow along into the large complex.

In the elevator lift, you can’t help but notice the way Jimin presses himself into the corner furthest away from you in the enclosed space, a sudden expression displaying anxiety, glancing at you suspiciously. You think it’s just claustrophobia and shrug it off as the the elevator chimes and comes to halt at the seventh floor. When the doors slide open he’s zipping through the the opening even before the doors have fully retreated.

You trail after Taehyung who leads you to an open door at the end of the hall, noting the number 127 on the metal placard beside the frame before you enter into the small foyer. The walls are a plain white, a rack full of shoes beside the door an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter