Black Out and Cake

STOP IT

STOP IT -8-

[ BLACK OUT & CAKE ]


 

Jaebum is practicing alone in the studio while the others are off to go for a walk to Han River. He dances to the new song, practicing until he gets no mistakes. While practicing, he keeps thinking about Youngjae and their fight this morning. When he thinks about it again, sure it was his mistake, but to the point the younger was piss off when he met him in the practice, making him more furious.
 
*flashback*
 
Youngjae woke Jaebum up, such an unusual morning.
 
“Jaebummie hyung… wake up now. I made you breakfast.” Jaebum heard Youngjae said. But, his eyes glued to the point he couldn’t open it.
He was deadly tired, but Youngjae kept shaking him, “Jaebummie hyung… wake up… come on… hurry up or your breakfast will get cold.”
 
“Jaebummie hyung…” Youngjae called him.
 
“Hyung…”
 
“Im Jaebum hyung…”
 
“YAH! HYUNG, WAKE UP!” Youngjae shouted and that’s got Jaebum woke, but he was annoyed till he shouted at Youngjae back, “YAH, CHOI YOUNGJAE! SHUT YOUR MOUTH. I AM TRYING TO SLEEP SOME MORE. I DON’T CARE ABOUT BREAKFAST” Jaebum still had his eyes closed.
 
“But… I made breakfast for you.” Youngjae muttered in whisper, obviously shocked since he played with his fingers.
 
“I will eat when I want. Now, I want to sleep. Get out!” Jaebum harshly sent Youngjae off, brushing at Youngjae’s small whisper of “I am sorry, hyung” before dashing off from the room. And Jaebum finally open his eyes. He swears to God that he saw Youngjae’s shocked and sad face before the younger dashed off the room.
 
“Great, now I can’t sleep anymore.” He thought as he kicked his blanket, then he heard a loud closed door. He shrugged it off before going out of the room to find no one. He checked his phone found a message from Mark.
 
JB, me jinyoung bambam and yugyeom are going to practice early. Jackson has schedule. 
 
That meant he was alone in the dorm. Wait! He read again the message and realize that no Youngjae’s name there. What the hell! He mentally cursed. He decided to call Youngjae, but the latter had his phone off. 
 
Jaebum gave up as he walked to the kitchen and found a table full of dishes. Youngjae must be cooking all of these foods. And the top of that, he found a cute cake with a candle above it and a written “Happy 1st anniversary”. Then, he felt like a jerk when he thought about a recent fight with Youngjae.
 
*end of flashback*
 
Then, suddenly the power is off, making Jaebum let a big sigh as he scrawls to find his phone and lit the light. He is in the middle of practicing, he is in the middle of his peak of spirit, but the power is off. He gets a message from his manager that saying the power is off for a while and it blacks out all over the area around the company and dorm also. He lets a sigh again. It’s gonna take a while. So, he decides to take shower and join the rest of the guys.
 
In the shower he keeps thinking about Youngjae. He bangs his head to the wall, muttering how bad he was this morning when a thought click on his minds and he immediately finish his shower and search for his phone.
 
7 missed calls from Youngjae.
 
He tries to call Youngjae back but fail. So, he calls the members and hoping the younger is with them.
 
“Jaebum hyung? Are you done practicing?” Yugyeom’s voice on the line.
 
“Where are you?” Jaebum immediately asks, ignoring Yugyeom’s question.
 
“We are in the Han River, still. Why?”
 
“Is Youngjae with you?” Jaebum asks, a little bit impatient. Yugyeom is paused for a moment. Jaebum can hear the loud laugh of Mark and Jinyoung and Bambam faintly say about the beautiful scenery in Han River when it’s out.
 
“… no.” Yugyeom answers.
 
“What?” Jaebum asks.
 
“Youngjae hyung said he isn’t feeling well so he went to the dorm immediately, not joining us to here.”
 
“WHAT?!” Jaebum shouts loud, making Yugyeom shouts back.
 
“YAH, HYUNG! My ear!” yugyeom whines.
 
“I am sorry, Gyeom. I have to go now.”
 
“Yah, hyung… Why?”
 
“Youngjae is sick and it’s out in the dorm too. So…” He answers him impatiently as he packs his belongings to his bag.
 
“… so I should be going now.” With that Jaebum hungs up and immediately runs to the dorm.
 
On the way, he keeps muttering words “”, “Sorry”, “Hang on”, “Stay safe”, etc. to make him less nervous. Jaebum remembers when Youngjae first come to the dorm and having a hearty talk with him. Youngjae said he is easily gets scared till the point he often cries alone. And he really hates being in the dark and in the height because he would get suffocated. 
 
And Jaebum also remembers when it was the first time the dorm was in the complete darkness because of the power off. Even though there were the other members, Youngjae searched for him. Jaebum also remembers finding Youngjae curling up, crying, calling his name and hugging him tight when there was another out.
 
He keeps praying for Youngjae to stay alive and safe. When Jaebum reaches the dorm, he opens the door impatiently. He directly enters the dorm and calling Youngjae over and over again. He hears a faintly cry in the corner of living room. Jaebum lits the light from his phone and finds Youngjae curling up on the couch.
 
Jaebum’s heart shrunk seeing his lovely boyfriend crying hard. He walks closer to the younger and find him in terrible condition, obviously he had been crying hard for a while, maybe since the black out.
 
Youngjae closes his eyes tight as the faint cry still can be heard from his slightly parting mouth. He hugs his knees up to his chest, curling up like a ball. Jaebum sits beside him, caressing his back. He gasps when he feels heat from Youngjae’s body.
 
“Youngjae-ah… baby?” he softly calls him.
 
No answer, but Youngjae is obviously listening to him since his cry getting louder.
 
“Baby…” he calls again. This time, takes the younger in to his embrace.
 
“Jaebum hyung… Jae-jaebum… hyung… hy-hyung… jae-jaebum h-hyung…” Youngjae keeps mutering his name while his eyes still close tight. Jaebum tighten the hug, caressing Youngjae’s body and raining him with kisses.
 
“Baby… I got you now. It’s okay. It’s gonna be okay. You’ll be okay. Sssshhh… don’t be afraid again. I am here.”
 
“Y-you are hh-here…” Youngjae says between the hiccups as he weakly wraps his arms around Jaebum.
 
“Yes. I am here. I am sorry.”
 
“D-don’t l-leave m-me, hyung.”
 
“I won’t. I am here with you.”
 
“S-stop sh-shouting at m-me. I… I… am afraid if you shouts at m-me, hyung.” Then Youngjae bawling again. Jaebum hugs him again.
 
“Ssshhh… I am sorry, baby. I really am. Come on, stop crying and look at me, baby…” Jaebum plead. Youngjae doesn’t answer him, only tighten his fist on Jaebum’s shirt, burying his head deeper in Jaebum’s chest.
 
“Youngjae-ah… you have fever. Let’s take a rest in the room.” Jaebum softly caress Youngjae’s hair. Youngjae nods a little, then Jaebum picks him up bridal style. He carefully puts Youngjae on the bed. The younger still has his eyes closed. Youngjae desperately clings on him. Jaebum can’t go anywhere.
 
“Jae-ah… baby… I have to take water to help you with the cold.” Jaebum says as he pulls the blanket over them. Youngjae shakes his head, opening his eyes a little, “…n-no… Don’t le-leave me, h-hyung.”
 
Jaebum lets a sigh, “Alright. Let’s sleep, baby.” They cuddle for the rest of the night.
 

 

In the morning, Jaebum wakes up first and find Youngjae in his embrace. He remembers the night before and immediately put his hand on the younger’s forehead. He still has fever, Jaebum mentally says. Jaebum can hear the other members are up as they chat loudly. Jaebum carefully detached Youngjae’s hand around his waist and stand up, getting dizzy for a moment before going out to the room to scold the members.
 
“Yah… our Youngjae is sick. Mind your volume down!” the members immediately talk in whisper. Jaebum smirks, satisfied as he walks to the kitchen to make porridge for the sick boyfriend. In the kitchen, he finds the cute cake had been eaten half. He backs to the living room again with the cake in his hand.
 
“Yah! Who eats my cake in the fridge? Admit it!” Jaebum asks in annoyed tone.
 
“I… I…am sorry, hyung. I was drunk last night. And I didn’t think much as I ate it.” Jackson admits it, looking scare. Jaebum is ready to burst again before he sees Youngjae walks to the living room with so much struggles. 
 
“Baby…” Jaebum slips out, making the environment awkward by his mistakes calling his baby boyfriend. Then, suddenly the members burst in laugh, leaving Jaebum dumbfounded.
 
“It’s okay, hyung. We already know.” Bambam informs him.
 
“H-how?” Jaebum stuttering.
 
“The cake in your hand.” Jinyoung says, pointing to the cake. Jaebum looks down at the cake before grinning wide.
 
“I…” Youngjae voicing up, one hand on the wall to keep him stand. Jaebum immediately come beside him.
 
“Baby… just rest in the room, okay?” youngjae nods, putting his hand on Jaebum’s shoulder for support. His head is spinning due to the fever.
 
“I am sorry, hyung. Because of me, the guys found out about us.” Youngjae says as soon as he lying down on the bed. Jaebum can sense Youngjae’s fear. Maybe the younger is still afraid after he shouted at him yesterday.
 
“No. It’s okay, baby. Well, I plan to tell them too on our 1st anniversary. But, I ruined it. I am sorry. I didn’t mean to make you afraid and sad, baby. I am sorry for yesterday. I will make up to you.”
 
Youngjae shakes his head, “No, hyung. I already forgive you.”
 
“Really?” Jaebum looks at Youngjae, eyes shining and blinking a few times, making Youngjae chuckles. “Yes.”
 
“Oh, baby… I am so afraid that you would stay mad at me. Now, I relieved. Thanks, baby.” Jaebum gives Youngjae a bone-crushing hug, making he groans.
 
“Oh, sorry. Um… just rest here, baby. I will make porridge for you. You have to drink medicine.” Jaebum gets out from the room to find no one in the living room. There’s a note in the fridge, “We don’t want to disturb you two. So, we are going to the company. Take your time with your baby boyfriend, hyung. have fun… Oh, and we bought cake for your anniversary. Happy 1st anniversary our lovely vocalist-couple.”
 
Jaebum smiles and opens the fridge, finding a cute strawberry ice-cream cake in it. He takes his phone and messages the members a thank you. Jaebum leave the cake to make porridge for Youngjae. He knows how to cook, but sometimes too lazy to cook. He finishes in no time and bring the porridge to Youngjae.
 
The younger is sleeping peacefully. Jaebum feel no heart to wake him up, but he has to.
 
“Baby… wake up. You have to eat.” Youngjae stirs in his sleep, his eyes flutter open.
 
“Eat. I made porridge for you. I will feed you.” Jaebum helps the younger to sit and feeding him.
 
“Enough, hyung. I can’t eat anymore. It’s bitter.” Jaebum let a sigh.
 
“Okay. Now, drink the medicine.” He hands Youngjae some medicines which Youngjae takes with complaint.
 
“By the way… the members give us a strawberry ice-cream cake, baby. But, unfortunately you had cold. You can’t eat it.” Jaebum says as he cuddles with Youngjae. The younger looks at him, pleading, “I want it, hyung. Just a little, won’t kill me, hyung. Yes?”
 
“No.” Jaebum insists, but Youngjae keeps whining until Jaebum gives up.
 
“It’s good, delicious. And sweet…” Youngjae comments as he eats the ice-cream cake. Jaebum gulps, looking at the younger’s plump lips open and close for the ice cream.
 
“Hyung?” Youngjae calls him back to reality.
 
“Huh?”
 
“Why do you keep staring at me? Do you want some?” Youngjae offers a spoon of it which Jaebum takes gladly.
 
“Oh my God!” Youngjae exclaims, making Jaebum asks, “Why, baby?”
 
“Hyung, you just used my spoon. I am sorry.”
 
“Huh?” Jaebum doesn’t really understand.
 
“I am sick and now you will be sick also since you used my spoon. We share an indirect kiss, hyung.” Youngjae explains, leaving Jaebum giggles before laughing hard.
 
“Baby… I won’t get sick just because sharing a spoon of ice cream with you.” Jaebum says after his laugh die down. Youngjae looks at him blinking a few times.
 
“However…” Jaebum trails off, making Youngjae confused more.
 
“It will be a problem when I…” he pauses.
 
“When you what?” Youngjae asks impatiently as Jaebum keeps staring at the younger’s lips.
 
“When I… don’t want to just share an indirect kiss.”
 
“Huh? What do you mean, hyung?” Youngjae asks again, confused. Jaebum doesn’t leave his gaze at Youngjae’s lips as he leans in closer.
 
“I…” he pauses.
 
“… don’t mind to get sick because I want a direct kiss from you.” he smirks looking at Youngjae’s confused face.
 
“I want this, baby….” He closes the gap, making Youngjae jumps in surprise.
 
“H-hyung… S-stop it…” Youngjae mumbles in the kiss, trying to push Jaebum, but instead he fall back on the bed and this gives Jaebum a chance to trap his boyfriend around his embrace as Jaebum kiss him hard. They pull out from the kiss when they need air more than anything.
 
“Happy 1st anniversary, baby…” Jaebum says between the heavy breaths as he pulls Youngjae’s body closer to him, hugging him tightly.
 
“Happy 1st anniversary too, hyung.”
 
“I love you so much, baby.”
 
“I love you too.”
 
“Let’s stay together for a long time. I want to spend other anniversaries with you too.” Jaebum says, kissing his boyfriend’s forehead.
 
“Yeah, me too, hyung. I love you.” Youngjae pecks his lips, making the older blush. And… the ice cream cake is long forgotten as they drift in to dream land.
 

 


 

a.n: it's been a while since my last update. Kkk~

This is it~ I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy writing this chapter.

Big thanks to my subscribers! I love you all.

Have a great day, everyone!

 

Oh, and... comments are always welcomed ^^