Chapter 16

I Wanna See You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Superhero 

 

Upon gaining back his consciousness and a little bit of supplementary energy from the dextrose, Luhan began moving his injured body with an overwhelming fear. He called out for Zhiyu in a desperate hope that the child is unharmed. Sehun was the one who answered his desperate call. And once he calmed down, everyone noticed the mix of relief and fright in his expression.

At least he was awake. Sehun thought. Let's just ignore the fact that he's severely injured with a possible brain damage and a broken arm.

At least Luhan could still talk and squeal and shout at Sehun even though the boy literally denied that he knew him. Well, Sehun was to blame for this sort of awkwardness. It didn't seem convincing enough though when Luhan asked who he was. On the other hand, Sehun had a clue why.

"Is that why you're pretending to have amnesia right now?" Sehun asked, half-talked and half-shouted, trying his best to remain calm. Since Sehun asked some privacy with the patient who was pretending that he was the only person he couldn't remember, everyone else waited outside and hoped the former lovers would fix their quarrel because really, it wasn't time to argue.

"What do you mean 'pretending'?" Luhan asked innocently while emphasizing the word 'pretending'. "I really don't remember you, sir!" He started out softly to prove his obliviousness in the situation, but ended up raising his voice and breaking that glass of innocence for a second.

"Is it because I kissed you?" When the question came up suddenly from the man standing next to his bed, a pink blush rose on Luhan's face. Then his eyes widened and he blurted out something that he should have said a long time ago.

"ert," said Luhan rather insolently.

"Look, Lu, I'm really sorry about that. I just - I couldn't..." Sehun hesitated.

I couldn't stop myself. You were so... beautiful. He wanted to say, but figured he'd get slapped if he did say that.

"I couldn't..." Sehun tried again, but it was no use. Something was pulling him back. It was either hopelessness or fear. Sehun lowered his head in defeat and decided to drop the topic. "I need to talk to you that's why I asked everyone to leave, and I need you to listen very well. Just stop being stubborn and listen to me, that's all I ask-"

"I don't want to." Luhan glared at him as if he were gonna eat him alive. Once Luhan looked away from him, Sehun noticed the redness on Luhan's cheeks, and it made him worry that the boy might be sick again. "I don't wanna see you. I don't remember you either and I would rather not remember you ever again, you ert."

"Why...do you not wanna see me?" Sehun said aloud instead of saying it in his mind.

"B-Because you're a ert." Luhan reasoned.

"That's not an acceptable reason. Give me a more acceptable reason," Sehun urged him, hand pressing hard on his shoulder, forcing him to look back into his eyes with only honesty. "If you say something like that, I'm not gonna leave. I'm gonna stay with you and bother you until I die."

Luhan gulped. Sehun was once again too close to his face and it was making him feel like he was in an unfavorable disadvantage. His brain was telling him to run, but his heart was pointing its way to Sehun's, whether he liked it or not.

Upon noticing how Luhan tensed up at his touch, Sehun stepped back a little, leaving a gap between them as he shifted his hand back on the edge of the bed. "Luhan? Are you okay?" He asked worriedly. The words that flew out of Luhan's mouth took Sehun by surprise, it was overwhelming that he had almost forgotten how to breathe.

"I should have...said something ridiculous like that...five years ago, then," said Luhan in a small voice, his eyes fixed on his own hands, and it was then that he could no longer control the flow of his tears, because every time he sees and hears Sehun, his heart breaks. " If I did... If I said something like that, would you have stayed with me and bothered me until now, Sehun?" was the question that took Luhan a lot of courage to spill, and it made Sehun fall into the deep hole of silence where his cowardice once again wins. Luhan waited with every painful pound against his chest and Sehun couldn't find the right words to say as a pang of guilt hit him. Then, Luhan could sense this man backing away, as if there was no right or wrong answer, as if he didn't deserve an answer at all.

Sehun opened his mouth, and he regretted it. "Get some rest. I'll talk to you when you're better" muttered Sehun rather incoherently. Luhan couldn't believe what he just heard. He was expecting an answer, something like yes or no. But that wasn't what he received in the end. Sehun was making him feel worse than the first time he was used and abandoned. This terrible man was doing it again. No matter how hard Luhan attempted to close his heart and unfelt the pain inflicted on his fragile heart, Sehun always managed to break through and hurt him cognitively.

Don't cry. Don't you dare cry now. Not right now.

Luhan reminded himself, suppressing the discomfort in his eyes by forming a fist and biting his lip to keep himself from making any more sound. He didn't want to be discovered. He wanted to be strong, but he felt so weak with Sehun being near him. He sensed that man with the lean figure stepping away from him as if he was contagious, his familiar scent gradually disappearing through thin air. Luhan didn't say another word until he heard the door closed and felt isolated again. It was then that he allowed his tears to rain down his cheeks and his lips to let out a wounded sigh. Sehun was gone again.

"Gosh," he cried softly and in an offended tone. "He's making me feel like I'm sick and crazy. Is he that scared of me that he just left like that? Does he hate me that much?" he mewled quietly, slurring his words as he wept and went on and on with the words that he just had to let out of his hurting chest. "W-what's wrong with m-me? Didn't I want him to leave? But why does it still hurt? Why does it hurt every time? Mom... Mom..." he called out in agony, smacking his tightening chest with his small fist. "Mom... What do I do?"

 

* * *

 

Sehun was standing across the hallway with his head leaning against the wall, his frustrated manner clearly inevitable at that moment. How could he leave him just like that? How could he not encourage himself to speak now? He told himself not to go, not again, yet he still abandoned the young man. How could he ever face him again? He felt terrible, so terrible to the point that he just wanted to disappear from the face of the world. And then there was his little boy, his innocent Zhiyu, ceasing his hateful thoughts in an instant. Sehun turned at the sound of this voice calling him dad. His melancholic face brightened a bit at the sight of his child with Luhan. "Zhiyu..."

"Is mister really awake?" Zhiyu asked, his eyes twinkling as he fidgeted his fingers with a self-restrained excitement. "He's awake and healthy now, right?"

"Y-Yeah..." Zhiyu insisted on playing with Luhan that day, Sehun apparently had no choice but pretend nothing was bothering him when everything did. He avoided Luhan's gaze the entire time, ashamed that he wasn't strong enough to fight for this man then and now.

And when he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter