Chapter 15

I Wanna See You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bad Person

She was gone.

Luhan's mother had left the hospital in tears. Without words. Sehun wondered, how could she leave just like that? Isn't there something or anything that is too much to hold? Isn't there something she has to tell soon?

Sehun had sat in defeat, covering his face with his hands. He managed not to break down in front of his friends. Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked at him then, confused and concerned, probably pondering what they could do to comfort him. Sehun wanted to chase after the older woman, but he got too scared all of a sudden. What if he compelled her to spill it out? What if his guts were right? What if the answer wouldn't do him any good? What if it was going to hurt both him and Luhan? And their baby? Would he take that chance anyway?

Weeks passed and then, Sehun was still waiting. He was still waiting for Luhan's mother to come back, and he was still waiting for Luhan to wake up.

Come back, Lu... These are the words he repeated everyday, the words with more than one meaning, the words that he abandoned regretfully.

The doctor said Luhan was stable now, but he was in a coma. Zhiyu heard about this and broke down. He thought Luhan was dead because the elder hadn't moved an inch since he visited him with Sehun a week after the incident. He thought being in a coma meant they would never wake up, ever again. Well, there was a chance that could happen- but Sehun managed to put that smile back on his baby's face by saying, "Luhan will wake up, baby. He's just resting, so by the time he wakes up, he can play with you for as long as you want. He's just saving energy because boy you have too much energy for an adult to play with! Don't worry, he'll definitely wake up."

For weeks, Sehun hadn't left Luhan's side. He hadn't charged his phone either. He hadn't been going to work. He would only go out to visit the police station to see if the cops found the suspect, but two weeks might have not been enough to search for the one who hurt his love. He'd contacted Luhan's mother quite times, but he was always sent to voicemail. He'd leave her messages like say something or come visit please, however none of these were given attention. He'd asked Chanyeol and Yixing's help to find Airin, but she was nowhere to be found. Airin's mother clearly told them that she hadn't seen her daughter for days. Later on, an old man declared at the police station that he was the one who did it, but Sehun refused to believe this confession and sent the man off a week later. He'd asked help from Baekhyun to do some research about five years ago at the same hospital where Luhan and Airin gave birth, but the process took longer than he thought. They needed proof, but for some odd reason, Baekhyun couldn't find old videos from CCTV cameras, old medical records from five years ago, list of employees who might have known something and other private information. 

It had been fourteen days since the horrific scene happened in front of Sehun, now he was holding Luhan's hand again. Luhan's hands were so cold, pale, and unmoving, and yet Sehun couldn't help but smile because of how their hands still fit perfectly with each other's. Just like a long time ago, those kind of memories with the boy were still vivid in his mind. They used to hold hands, so tight that everyone thought nothing could separate them. Yet again, they separated. 

Tears began to roll down Sehun's cheeks, he ignored them though it slightly blurred his sight of the beautiful sleeping beauty. He needed him so badly. He needed him awake, but he'd been begging him to and Luhan had not even given him a sign that he was going to respond anytime soon. "I'm sorry," he mumbled, blinking the tears every single second he gazed lovingly with a hint of sadness at his former lover's fragile figure. "I- I couldn't protect you," he admitted, hurting only himself with his every word that felt like a bunch of needles just went into his throat, and yet he continued whilst stuttering in between some words... "I should've protected you. I'm sorry, Luhan. I'm sorry for being such a - a coward a-and a failure... I'm sorry for disappointing you. I'm sorry for breaking all the promises I made. I'm a bad person, but please... Please wake up, eh? Zhiyu misses you so much. Did you know that? Our baby misses you. H-he can't even focus at school because you're always on his mind... Yesterday, his teacher even called me and said Zhiyu couldn't stop crying. In class, he answered three for one times one, spelled apple as apol, and failed his math quiz. He got lectured by his teacher when he ignored her, so he started crying and called for you, so they called me. Then he, he told me how much he missed you. Our baby... just kept on saying that you'll never forgive him again after what happened b-but don't worry, I managed to calm him down...

Zhiyu doesn't know anything yet, but he loves you already. Isn't that wond

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter