18

Wishes do come true
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Jaejoong stayed home the whole day the next day.

He would not be able to focus on his surgeries if he were to go to work.

Jiyeon being pregnant was taking a toll in him. How could she not have told him. How could she even be pregnant?

“Hyung”, he heard Taeyong call him. “Aren't we going to visit noona?”

“You can visit her if you want to”, he told him as he pretended to read the newspaper.

Taeyong knew his brother was acting stubborn again. 

“Hyung, noona must have her reasons for not telling you. Just look at yourself now. Can you imagine if she had told you earlier, how much worse would you have reacted?”, Taeyong told him as he sat down on the sofa.

Jaejoong refused to go with him. He was still unhappy about her marriage and now this? The first one has yet to be settled.

He needed to talk to Jongin. 

Jaejoong stood up. “I have somewhere to be.”

“Where are you going?”

Jaejoong ignored his question and cleared his throat, “Just go to the hospital already. Your sister must be lonely.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Jiyeon had to continue staying at the hospital until further notice.

She woke up in the morning only to see nobody around.

It was understandable that Jaejoong and Jongin would not be in the right mood to see her.

But does she have a choice? It was all for everyones own good.

"Good morning noona, how are you feeling today?", Sehun greeted her.

He didn't go back home last night and slept at the hospital instead. Knowing Jiyeon would be here, how could he even?

As for Suho, he was off to another important meeting so Jiyeon was under his care for now.

"Hey", she greeted him back with a smile, "Feeling much better."

"I'm sorry we couldn't release you just yet. While you were unconscious, we had to draw your blood to run a few test."

Sehun suddenly felt her gripped tightly onto his wrists. 

"Sehun, can you...not run my blood test. Please?"

He frowned. What an odd request.

"We had to because you lacked nutritions and we didn't want anything to happen to the baby”, he tried to explain but Jiyeon shook her head repeatedly.

"Sehun", she breathed, "Please. Don't run my blood test. It is against the law to do that if the patient disagrees, right?", she brought it up.

Jiyeon knows this much because she always heard it from her brother. She also has observed those kind of scenarios before and that's how she could use that against Sehun.

Sehun sighed. "Ermmm, okay..."

"Thank you", she let go of his wrists.

He frowned and had that topic at the back of his head. It would only urge him to do the opposite.

Jiyeon her belly, still not believing that there is a tiny human being living inside of her.

"How did it go with Jongin?", he changed the topic.

She faked a smile at him, "It's all good", she lied because she didn't want anyone else to know.

"My brother...did he come back this morning to check on me?"

Sehun shook his head. "Maybe after he cools down for a while he would return. Jaejoong hyung is hard-headed. I get stressed sometimes if I work under him."

Jiyeon laughed, "You've worked with him before?"

"Yeah. When he have big cases that needs more than just the good doctors in our hospital."


One of the nurses came in and placed the food of tray on the table.

“I got you some home-made porridge from DO hyung. Hospital foods are so bland but good for patients. But yours is special. And also safe and healthy to consume, in case you're wondering”, he added.

Jiyeon laughed and took a spoonful into .

She suddenly felt nauseous after swallowing it. Jiyeon covered as she croaked.

"Noona, are you okay?"

She swallowed the urge to throw up. 

“Is it bad?”

“Aniya.”

She drank some water before trying again and she still couldn't swallow it.

Sehun was starting to worry. He took the spoon away from her and took a mouthful.

“It's not that bad”, he mumbled.

“It's definitely delicious it's just that, I don't think the baby wants it?”, she told him. And then remembered something.

"Is it normal for a pregnant women to feel like vomiting all the time?"

It's not as if she's at the beginning stage anymore. It's her 3rd coming 4th month and now the symptoms were starting to kick in.

Sehun laughed wholeheartedly, "Didn't you ask your mum about this?"

He realised she became quiet all of a sudden. Did he said something wrong?

"I didn't ask because I don't have one. All of us came from the orphanage. Our parents abandoned us and we got taken in by them ", she told him.

"I'm sorry", Sehun apologized, feeling guilty that he was being insensitive.

He cursed Jongin mentally. How could he treat her like this? She was somebody who needs care and attention.

It was already saddening to know she had no parents, and had married someone who doesn't even love her.

"Don't be I'm fine. It has never affected me at all. Oppa had always been like a father and mother to me", she ruffled his hair, "So don't worry okay?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Krystal has been trying to call Jongin for quite a while but wasn't getting any response.

"Where is he?"

"Guess who?", a pair of hands covered her eyes.

"I know it's you Vernon, let me go", she told her younger brother.

"Why so grouchy in the middle of the night?", he slumped onto the empty spot beside her on the couch.

Krystal's scrunched her face. "Yah, did you drink?"

"Kry-ssssss," he slurred while completely falling over towards her face down. 

She hissed at her fallen brother. "Lucky you our parents are out of town or you'll be grounded!"

Krystal checked her phone one last time before standing up, letting her brother fall hard.

"Yah!"

"I've got no time to talk to you", she muttered, flicking her hair back.

"Where's oppa?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


“Noona, I don't like seeing you being all moody like this”, Taeyong told Jiyeon.

She refused to eat when her brother offered her some food. She refused being wheeled around the hospital for fresh air.

Jiyeon really wanted to do all that but her body was stopping her from it. Before he came, Sehun had asked her to eat the porridge that was served for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter