Confirming

Angel's Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For 15 minutes later, we're having our dinner in silence. I took glance on Taemin and then his father. In some point, they are not look alike. Maybe Taemin took after her mother. But this ahjussi really gives me my father vibes, calm and caring. He always put Taemin first, pouring the soup for Taemin first, and give a drink for taemin first. He offered his help to pouring my soup too, but I denied it. For me, this is too awkward. Having dinner in silence, because in my family, we are having our dinner while talking about each other stuff. Or is it because I having dinner with them?

"We are always having our dinner in silence." His father said when his soup now in a half. "That's how we treasure our time to enjoying eating. I hope you dont feel awkward. It's not because we barely talk when you're here." 

"Ohhh..." I responsed. Wow, his father was such a mind-reader. Am I too obvious that I felt this dinner became awkward? 

Then, until the dinner finished, we are in silence again. I voluntary offered to wash the dishes. His father said "It's okay, Taemin will do it", but I insisted to do it. So, his father have no choice but let me do it. While I washed the dishes, they talked in the dining table. I could hear they are talking about Tamin condition. 

"I am really okay, father." Taemin said, "Ah, I always hate Kai at this point. He will report everything for you." 

"Not really." Said his father, "He's not reporting this. About you seeing someone." 

I almost slipped the plate when I washed it. I could hear Taemin was choked too. 

"Or did Kai know it? I think no, isn't it?" 

Taemin didn't answered it. I bet he didn't want to put me in this awkward situation. So after finished the dishes, I came to the dining table, want to said goodbye because I really want to go home now. Taemin seems avoiding my eyes when I glanced him. I dont know exactly what his feeling right now, maybe he just too embrassed with what happened earlier. 

"I-I think i have to go, ahjussi." I said politely, still standing.

"Already? Wah, I bought some fruits on my way here. Let's have it first." He looked at Taemin. "I left it in the car, you get it Taemin." He passed the car key. 

"Suddenly?" Taemin seemed surprised. "Father, dont make it as an excuses. Naeunie will feel awkward then." 

"Naeunie?" He asked and looked at me, smiled. Ah! Now i know they have similar smiles. "Do you want to stay here a bit longer?" 

I am about to speak when Taemin interupted me. "I will take her home, father. You can wait for me here." 

"Just take the fruits first, you punk!" His father looked at Taemin. "Go get it in the car!" 

Like he has no other choices, he get the car key and take a glance on me, feeling sorry for this situation. Minutes later, he has gone, leaving me with his father alone. 

"Sit down." Taemin's father asked me. I sat in front of him, not looking at his eyes. Am I getting scolded now? This is really awkward. 

"Naeunie? Is that your name?" He asked. 

"Son Naeun." I answered, still not looking at him. "We attended the same college, me and Taemin sunbaenim." 

"Ah.. so you are hoobae." He mumbled. 

"Isn't it sound too drama if I said you are the first girl that he brought to his place? Or the first girl that I know. Sounds cringy, right?" Taemin's father smiled. 

Oh, really? This was beyond my expectation. Did he really didnt take any girl to his place before? It sounds cringy and drama, yes. How come when he was so good looking but never in relationship before? I mean, look at how he treated me earlier, the way he kissed me and touched me. He did it gently, he was not unexperienced. 

"Taemin..." he continued, "always put me first in everything. Everything. I always feeling sorry for him, for not having his youth with what his age should do. Dating or playing with his friends. Why he always make me feel bad for him? Now that I know he's seeing someone makes me happy. At least, he has his other priority now. I really hope you're serious with him." 

I slowly look at Taemin's father. 

"I am being sincere." He smiled. "Please treat Taemin well. He's a loyal and sensitive person once you knew him. Maybe in the future, you two will arguing each other or so. But just trust your each other's feeling. Plus, bad things about his personality was he's being in rush. I hope you will understand about his personality. He lost his mother and hyung. Leaving with me alone make him become more sensitive about everything." 

I dont know how to respond this. Why his father give advice like we are going to get married soon? 

"Taemin loves me so much. To the point that I'm afraid he'll never thought about his future." He sighed. "Do you love him?" 

I am surprised with his question, really. "Ahjussi, I...... I am just.... I dont know how to answer this." 

"I dont want to be involved with his realtionship, really. But if you dont really love him, I begged you to leave him behind. He was hurting so much." He said firmly. 

Now I know why his father being like this. Did he think I am just playing off? 

"I know exactly the girl like you." 

Like me?

"Introverted, going slow, making someone frustratingly approached you." He smiled. "Yes, I know. Because I live with the same person for years." 

Did he talking about his late wife? 

"Taemin must be interested in you because you really look like his mother." He look at me softly. 

"Ahjussi...." I decided to explain my feelings. "You get me wrong. Him, being

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter