Different

Angel's Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He's really different.

The person I saw a couple nights ago and the person I saw yesterday at the exhibition. His aura is different. Yes, i'm still talking about that sunbaenim.

Honestly, i'm not really interested in any 'boys' thing. But this person is different. I keep repeating 'different' right? It's just because he's really different, and i meant it.

From what I know, that sunbaenim is the campus masterpiece. I mean, he's not just 'someone'. Yep, he's the Campus President. Everyone knows him. Sunbae, Hoobae, and Professor. I never have any conversation with him all this time, because i'm not joining any campus organization and extracuriculer. But for someone as quite as me, not knowing him is impossible. Because you can barely see him in any Campus Representative speech. He always smile everywhere he goes. Known as kind-hearted person.

But that night...

He seems to be involved in criminal thing. Doesn't bleeding portrayed as a bad thing? I knew it's so unfair to generalize a bad guy just because he was bleeding. But it's weird, if you're bleeding, you're going to the hospital. And to the mart instead? Like... it's usual for him bleeding and he can solve it by his own self, because he had been through worse than this. Like he has two kind of personality, just what i watched in any drama recently.

I sighed and telling myself it's no use to think about it right now. And come to think about it, i remembered what he just said earlier, 'I think it's cool if i have some artwork and displayed it in this exhibition. What do you think?'

I think so. Honestly, i have this paintings that i've been keeping since junior high school. But i have no confidence to display it in any exhibition. I keep that painting in my locker at Art Building Campus in Art Club. Sometimes, if i am free, i will go to the art club and finished my paintings. And suddenly i want to look at my paintings. Maybe, this time i want to display it in Campus Exhibition. I better go now.

***

I was arrived at Art Club 15 minutes later, and then met Lizzy at the front door. She's my friend at the club.

"Oh! Naeun-ah. It's been long time. How have you been?" Lizzy come towards me and hug me. I hugged her back. "You've gotten prettier, Naeun-ah."

I laughed. "You said that  because you want to hear i say you've gotten prettier, right?"

Lizzy laughed too. "By the way, it's so crowded here lately. Because of that exhibition, everyone here want to display their paintings and working so hard for it. Did you hear about that exhibition?"

I nodded. "Yeah, i know it."

"You should join to, Naeun-ah." Lizzy provokated me. "You have that masterpiece paintings."

"What masterpiece." I laughed. "I don't know. I just want to look at paintings first, if it's worth to be displayed."

"Of course it should be." then she whispered. "Doojoon sunbaenim is right here to. Come around to check his hoobae artwork. Isn't that cute? You're so lucky, because he comes today despite of his busy shedule with his gallery. Omo!"

I smiled. "Should I show him my paintings? So that he can give opinion about it?"

Lizzy nodded. "But you have to take a line. There's bunch of hoobae who wants Doojon sunbaenim to look at their artwork."

We laughed together and open the door. Lizzy was right. It's really crowded as soon as i entered the room. I don't know whether it's because the exhibition that make people want to practice more, or maybe Doojoon sunbaenim was here. That Doojoon sunbaenim is really something. He graduated from our college one year ago, from the Art Depatment and now he opens his own gallery in Gangnam. It's not a secret anymore that he's so popular among this Art Club.

"Naeun-ah, i need to take my paintings to Doojoon sunbenim. Do you want to come?" Lizzy asked me

I shooked my head. "Nope. I need to check my painting first in my locker. I come later." I smiled and then left Lizzy. I checked my paintings at my locker, and take it to the empty paint board at the corner. I scanned my painting to find something that can be added as the last touch.

Honestly, there's nothing special about my paintings if I compared to any other artist. This painting is about someone who needs a help to rescue him/her from something. I have not decided its gender yet. This painting comes up in my mind as I watched Twilight movie recent years ago. I thought that Bella girl was a savior to Edward, she saved his life and bring him back to life that he supposed to be. Cheesy, I know. But isn't romantic to be a savior for someone.

I portrayed someone is kneeling down at my painting, bleeding and waiting for someone to help him/her. I have an idea to make hands at the edge near the frame. But i still confused should i paint hand or hands?

"It's better if you painted a strong point at the edge."

That voice surprised me. I turned back. Doojoon sunbaenim.

He smiled. "I was at the toilet before if you're curious. I didn't mean to sneaked at your paint just now." He explained. "Like i said before, it's better to paint some strong point at the edge. Maybe something that surrounded the person. It could deliver some feelings that the person is minority and he/she really lonely." 

Ah... that's right! I can paint some hands that come to help the person in this paintings, right?

"This painting should be displayed in exhibition. What's your name?" He asked me.

"Son Naeun." I answered him. "And.. i really thank you, Sunbaenim. You help me alot."

"No need." He smiled. "See you later then, Son Naeun. I looking forward to your artwork."

I bowed as he left me and smile widely. I have to finish this soon.

***

"Naeun-ah, you still here? It's 8pm." Lizzy come toward me "We should go home. We are the last person here."

"You go first, i have to finish it, Lizzy." I answered her as I keep finishing my painting.

"I can't leave you alone, Naeun. We should go home together."

I smiled. "I'm not sure Lizzy. I'll go home later. It's so waste if i have to stop painting this time. I will lock the room and give the key in the morning before y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter