Behind those glasses

Kwon Sohyun One Shot Requests
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Request by:  myself12

“, there’s Kai!” my best friend Sulli squealed pointing her finger across the classroom.  “Like usual, he’s sitting next to his best friend Oh Sehun.”

I made a face at her, “It’s rude to be pointing, you know?”

Sulli shrugged her shoulders, “So what?  It’s not like he is going to see me point my finger at him with all his fan girls around him.  Gosh, Kai is so handsome!”

“Kai acts like he’s all that in a bag of chips.  Why are you so crazy about him?  In my opinion, Oh Sehun is a better match for you.  He’s quiet, shy, smart, and very well mannered,” I stated opening up my textbook. 

Sulli disagreed, “Se Hun is cute, but he’s not as cute as Kai.  Sehun seems more like a…um…how do I say this in a nice way?”

I closed my textbook and looked at her, “Just say it already.”

“He is too nerdy for me,” she replied.

“Do you even know the guy to call him a nerd?” I asked feeling a little offended on his behalf.

“No,” she honestly replied.  “It’s just…well…look at him!  Look at the way how he dresses.  And he should lose those nerdy glasses because that just makes him look like a geek,”

I flicked her forehead, “Don’t judge someone without knowing them.”

She rubbed her forehead, “Ouch!  That was just my opinion!  You didn’t have to flick me, dummy.”

“Serves you right,” I giggled.  Suddenly I felt a pair of eyes staring at me, so I turned my head around and I kid you not, Oh Sehun was staring at me.  We must have stared at each other for a few seconds before I broke eye contact with him.  I don’t know why, but my heart started to beat a little fast.  That’s strange.  That has never happen before I thought hitting my chest.

“Yah, are you okay?” Sulli asked giving me a weird look.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” I replied.  “Hush now, here comes our teacher.”

Everyone in class quickly scrambled to their seats and bowed their heads down, “Good morning Mr. Park.”

“Good morning students.  You may have a seat,” our teacher said.

Once we were all seated, Mr. Park said, “For your charity project, I will be pairing you up with someone and the both of you will each write a report and present it to the class.  I will give you two weeks to work on this and I expect everyone to do their share of the work.  Everything must be logged down as in dates, times, and what you did to help out for that charity for the days that you volunteered to work.”

“Oh my god, I hope Mr. Park pairs me up with Kai,” Sulli whispered.

I rolled my eyes and whispered back, “Good luck with that.  If you end up as his partner, you’re going to end up doing all the work.”

“I don’t care.  As long as he’s my partner, I’m willing to do anything for him.”

“Gosh, you’re so stupid,” I hissed.

She pinched my right arm, “I am not!”

“Ladies, do we have a problem?” Mr. Park asked.

“No,” we both said turning red. 

“Very well then.  The first pair will be Sulli and…”

Sulli held her breath praying to be paired up with kai, “…Illoon.”

I tried not to laugh at her expression as her face sulk down.  I patted her back and whispered, “I told you so.”

She brushed my hand away and hissed, “Whatever!  If Kai ends up being your partner, I am going to be so mad at you!”

My eyes widen at the fear of being Kai’s partner.  !  She’s right!  I don’t want to be his partner at all!  Please don’t let me be his partner…please!

“Next up, Sohyun and…”

I held my breath waiting for Mr. Park to announce my partner, “…Sehun.”

“YES!” I happily shouted throwing my right fist into the air.  As soon as I did that, I regretted so much because everyone started laughing at me.  My face turned red as I quickly buried my head down on my desk.  Oh my ing god!  I can’t believe I just did that. 

“Please keep you happiness to yourself Ms. Kwon,” Mr. Park said earning a few more laughs from my classmates.

“What a great way to embarrassed yourself,” Sulli whispered into my ear.

I lifted my head up and snarled, “Shut up.”

“You must be really happy that you’re paired up with Sehun, huh?” she teased.

I made a face at her, “For your information Ms. Smarty Pants, I was happy because I’m not paired up with Kai.”

“Is that so?”

“Yes, now shut up and leave me alone.”

(5 minutes later)

“Alright, please find your partners and start doing some brainstorms on where you want to do your charity work.  I will give you the rest of the afternoon to work together,” Mr. Park explained.

“I’ll talk to you later,” Sulli said heading over to her partner. 

“Yeah, see you,” I mumbled.  Hm, what kind of charity should we do?  Ring bells for the Salvation Army?  Feed the homeless people?  I was too busy thinking of what we should do that I didn’t realized Sehun was already sitting next to me.

“Hey,” he said surprising me.

I jerked my head towards him and cried, “Omo!”

He chuckled at my reaction, “Sorry.  I didn’t mean to scare you.”

I waved my hand, “No, that’s alright.”

“Let me introduce myself to you.  I’m Oh Sehun,” he said bowing his head.

I bowed my head in return, “And I’m Kwon Sohyun.” 

We sat there for a minute in silence before he asked, “Were you that happy to have me as your partner?”

My face flushed with embarrassment, “Ah, about that…um don’t misunderstand.  I was just happy that I wasn’t paired up with Kai.”

He smiled, “Really?”

I nodded my head yes, “I’m glad you’re my partner.  I really am.”

“Well, it’s an honor to be your partner then,” he said giving me a warm smile. 

Wow, he’s got a really nice smile.  I found myself leaning closer to his face, “You know wanna know something?”

He was surprised at our closeness as his cheeks started turning pink, “What?”

“You’re really cute behind those glasses,” I replied observing his eyes.  “However, you look hot with your glasses on too.  Don’t ever take them off.” 

He faked a cough, “Wow, you’re a really straight forward person, aren’t you?”

I moved back from him and shrugged my shoulders, “Yeah, I am.  Anyways, what should we do for our charity work?”

“It doesn’t matter to me,” he replied adjusting his glasses.   

“Hm, well if it doesn’t matter to you, how about we volunteer to feed the homeless people?  We can help prep the food and serve it to them during dinner time.  How does that sound?” I suggested.

“That’s fine with me,” he said adjusting his glasses again.

I glanced at him and chuckled, “Here, let me help you adjust your glasses for you since you’re having a hard time.”

He froze on the spot as I adjusted his glasses on him.  I didn’t realize how close our face was when I stared into his light brown eyes.  Our lips was an inch away from each other and for some odd reason, my heart began to pound harder and faster.  My eyes trailed dow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter