Late confession

Kwon Sohyun One Shot Requests
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Requested by:  nabilah_fiqah

 

“What’s the agenda for today sir?” Sehun asked opening the passenger door for his boss.  It was 5:30am and he found it quite strange that his boss had urgently called him to bring him to Seoul Airport immediately. 

His boss smiled and replied excitedly, “My daughter is finally coming home.”

Sehun eyes grew big.  Kwon Sohyn.  The love of his life was coming back home from college.  The only problem was that she didn’t know he existed or so he thought.  He had been crushing on her since they were in middle school but he never had the guts to confess his feelings for her because he felt he was never good enough for her.  Way back then, he was extremely nerdy-looking, a little too skinny, extremely shy, and very insecure about himself.  He often hid from her whenever they were about to run into each other.  Yes, he was a sissy.  He wasn’t man enough to confess his feelings for her back then. 

Everything changed after her father hired him as their ‘family’ driver during the end of his senior year.  Yes, he was from a poor family and he needed to earn money in order to go to college, but sadly, that didn’t happen because all the money that he saved up wasn’t enough.  His dream was to attend Seoul University as a painter, but tuition itself cost an arm and a leg.  That didn’t even include his dormitory, textbooks, and school supplies.  I hate my life he thought bitterly.  Life wasn’t fair at all.  Why couldn’t he be born with a silver spoon stuck in his mouth like everyone else? 

20 minutes later

“Daddy!” Sohyun squealed happily as she dropped her bag to the ground and ran up to her dad for a bear hug. 

“Princess!” he shouted hugging his daughter tightly.  “How was college?” he asked after pulling away from her.

“It was okay,” she replied, looking over his shoulder.  A huge smile curved on her face as the person she secretly hoped for was standing there with a smile on his handsome face, “Hello Oh Sehun.”

“Hello Ms. Kwon,” Sehun greeted, bowing his head.

She frowned, “Yah, don’t call me that.”

“H-How would you like me to address you then?” he stuttered, surprised by her reaction.  That was odd.  He always addressed her as ‘Ms. Kwon’ in public and she never seemed to have mind it.

“Please call me Sohyun from now on,” she insisted with a shy smile.  “Ms. Kwon makes me sound so old.”

Sehun cleared his throat, “As you wish…Sohyun.”

She smiled brightly at him as her eyes sparkled with excitement just hearing him call her name like that.  She purposely opened up her arms wide open and cutely pouted, “Where’s my hug?”

Sehun eyes widen.  Did she really just ask for a hug?  He wanted to slap himself in the face to make sure he wasn’t dreaming and just when he was about to hug her, she threw her tiny arms around his neck and buried her face into his chest.

Hugo cologne she thought inhaling his scent.  My favorite.  She felt his body stiff for a few seconds before he wrapped his arms around her waist and returned the hug.

As much as he wanted to stay hugging her, he slowly pulled away because of her dad presence, “Welcome home.”

“I have some good news and some bad news for you princess.  Which one would you like to hear first?” her dad asked, picking up her bag from the ground and slinging it over his shoulder.

She turned around and crossed her arms in front of her chest, “Seriously dad?  Please don’t tell me you’re going back to the office to work again?  I just got here!”

“I’m sorry princess.  You know that daddy is a very busy man.  I’ll make it up to you.  I promise,” her dad said, not forgetting to pinch her chubby cheeks.

She let out a long sigh, “What time will you be back tonight?”

“10:00pm.  If not, midnight would be the latest,” he replied, avoiding eye contact with her because he knew she was going to throw a tantrum for not being able to spend any time with her.

Biting her lower lip furiously, she mumbled, “Fine.”

Sehun cleared his throat from the awkwardness, “Shall we get going then?”

“Yes, we should definitely get going,” he said quickly looking at his watch.  “Time is money.”

Time is always about money she thought bitterly.  If there was one thing she hated about her dad, he always put work ahead of her.  The old man hasn’t changed one bit.

10 minutes later

“Bye sweetie.  I’ll see you tonight, okay?” her dad said ruffling her hair.

“Dad!  You’re messing up my hair!” she yelled while playfully smacking his hand away.  “Should I pick you up later?”

“No need.  I’m going to catch a ride with home with Jennie,” he replied getting out of the car without looking back at her.  Of course you’re going to catch a ride back with her she mentally cursed.  She is the reason why mom left us in the first place.  ing bastard.   

Sehun drove the car out of the parking lot and snuck a glance in the rear view mirror to see what she was doing but he soon regretted it, because tears were now falling down from her pearly eyes.  He pulled the car over and turned his head around, “Sohyun, are you okay?”

She wiped her tears away and sobbed, “No, I’m not.”

He wanted to reach his hand over and wiped her tears away from her dumpling cheeks and tell her everything was going to be okay when she demanded, “Take me back to the airport.”

“But…but…you just got here,” he exclaimed, not wanting to believe that she wanted to leave right away.  He waited too long for her to come back.  He be damn if he let her leave just like that without confessing his feelings for her.

“I don’t care.  I’d rather go back to America and live by myself than live with that ing bastard.  I thought he changed for the good, but apparently I was wrong.  He is still ing that .  I’ll never forgive him,” she explained.  More tears dropped from her eyes as she buried her hands into her face.  “J-Just drive.  I don’t want to be here anymore.”

I’d rather take you somewhere far away than send you back to the airport he thought stepping on the gas pedal. 

10 minu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter