You're The Only One

Kwon Sohyun One Shot Requests
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Requested by:  oumaymaMe

 

 [BREAKING NEWS] 4minute disbands after 7 years + HyunA renews contract with Cube

I read the entire article feeling bitter, sad, and upset that our group disbanded.  Thanks a lot Hyuna unnie for betraying us.  Out of all the five members, Cube only wanted to resign Hyuna because she was their money-maker.  It was no brainer that she was the visual of their group.  Hell, whenever anyone heard of 4Minute, they automatically thought of Hyuna.  It was like no one else in their group existed.  Heavy tears dripped down my chubby cheeks as I turned my computer off.

Without 4Minute, I was a nobody.  I didn’t have a y body like Hyuna, I can’t rap like Jiyoon, I wasn’t pretty like Jihyun, and I definitely didn’t have good vocals like Gayoon.  Was I always left out in the dark this entire time?  Besides being the cute maknae, what was my talent?

Beep!

I looked at my phone on the table and saw a text message from Oh Sehun.

Beep!

Another text message popped up and it was from Sehun…again.

Beep!

“Jesus ing Christ,” I mumbled grabbing my phone.  He’s not going to leave me alone until I text him back.  “Oh Sehun, I’m really not in the mood to entertain you right now.”  We have been ‘close’ friends ever since EXO debuted and to this day, it still surprises me that he wanted to be my friend.  His reason was because we were the same age and that there weren't many 94-liners out there in the entertainment world.  He also believed that 94-liners should stick together to show other idols that we had the strongest and powerful friendship ever.  I still think he uses our age as an excuse to get 'closer' to Hyuna unnie.  I mean, what boy wouldn't want to get close to Hyuna unnie?

From Sehun:  Hey chubby cheeks!  Are you okay?  Where are you right now?  I just got back from China and Kai just informed me that 4Minute disbanded!  Please tell me this is a joke!

From Sehun:  Yah!  I know you’re there!  Don’t ignore me!  Answer me!

From Sehun:  Chubby cheeks!!!!!!!  Don’t do this to me!  Don’t you care about me?  YAH!!!!!!!

I rolled my eyes and chuckled at his last message.  Shaking my head at his childish messages, I text him back.

Me:  Calm down pretty boy.

From Sehun:  FINALLY!  I thought you were ignoring me.  You know I can’t stand seeing you cry, right?

I frowned and quickly wiped my tears away.

Me:  I wasn’t crying babo.

From Sehun:  Yeah right.  Don’t lie to me chubby cheeks.

Me:  Whatever…what do you want?

From Sehun:  I want to see you right now.

I gulped as my heart raced after reading his last message.  Yes, I Kwon Sohyun have developed a huge crush on him ever since we’ve became friends.  I have tried many times to get rid of this ‘feeling’ but sadly to say, I failed every time.

We hang out a lot…and when I say a lot…I mean A LOT.  He always wanted us to ‘meet up’ whenever he was free.  I could never say no to him because he knew well enough that I was the least active member in our group.  Being the persistent person that he was, he always found a way for me to ‘meet up’ with him.  It’s not that I didn’t want to ‘meet up’ with him.  I just didn’t want us to be caught by Dispatch.  Dispatch tends to blow everything out of proportion and that always lead to a lot of misunderstandings and false rumors too.

I wouldn’t mind having a dating scandal with him, but that’ll only hurt me in the long run because I don’t think he sees me as a woman.  Every time we hung out, my feelings for him grew stronger.  It wasn’t because he was good-looking, but it was the fact that he always made me feel like I could be myself.  He wanted to be around the ‘real’ me and not the Kwon Sohyun that he sees on TV.  Honestly, the way how I act on TV and in real life is the same, but he doesn’t think so.

Me:  Why?

From Sehun:  Because I want to.  And I will not take ‘no’ for an answer.

I sighed and rubbed my temple debating if I should ‘meet up’ with him or not.  Thinking of every excuse to make so I don't have to 'meet up' with him, I quickly text him back.

Me:  Didn’t you just get back from China?  You’re probably tired and jet legged.  You should get some rest.  Don’t worry about me pretty boy.  I’m okay.

From Sehun:  Seeing you is more important.  I miss you. 

I gave in after reading his last sentence.  There goes my heart again.  Gripping onto my phone tightly, I let out a long sigh before texting him back.

Me:  Fine.  Where should I meet you?

From Sehun:  How about our usual place?

Me:  Han River?  At this time?  Yah!  You do realize that it’s only 5:30pm right?  Do you want to get caught by Dispatch and your stupid crazy fan girls?

From Sehun:  See you in 15 minutes. 

Me:  YAH!  Are you freaking serious Oh Sehun?!

From Sehun:  Time is ticking my dear friend.  15 minutes!

Me:  Urgh!  You’re so dead when I see you!

From Sehun:  You’ve got 14 minutes left.  Quit yapping and put your shoes on already.

I giggled at his response and stood up from my chair to stretch my arms.  It was a good thing I only lived five minutes from the Han River, otherwise I would be rushing out of my apartment right now.

10 minutes later

I thought as my eyes widen at the sight of a bunch of teenagers, young adults, and elderly couples strolling happily along the Han River.  We’re so going to get caught.  I quickly pulled my pink hoodie over my head to hide my identity as my eyes search for Sehun.

“Looking for me chubby cheeks?” a husky voice whispered from behind.

I didn’t bother turning around because that husky voice belonged to no other than Oh Sehun.  I scoffed, “You’re so lucky I’m not going to hit you right now.  Do you know how dangerous this is?”

“Hitting isn’t very nice Kwon Sohyun,” he lectured placing his hands on my shoulders and forcing me to turn around to face him.  Our eyes met and a huge smile curved on his handsome face, “You’re getting prettier and prettier every time I see you.”

I playfully jabbed his hard rock stomach and retorted, “And you’re getting cheesier and cheesier with your pick up lines.”

He pulled me into a tight hug as I found myself returning the hug.  We must have stayed like that for a good five minutes before he slowly pulled away and cupped my cheeks with his warm hands, “I missed you.”

I found myself grinning from ear to ear just hearing him say those words to me, “I missed you too Sehun.”

He frowned and squeezed my cheeks together, “Its oppa chubby cheeks.  Geez, how many times do I have to remind you that?”

“Sorry,” I said as he continued squeezing my cheeks together.  By now I would have slap his hands away from me but with the disbandment that just happened, I wasn’t in the mood.

He must have notice my strange behavior as he quickly let go of my cheeks and carefully observed my face.  I avoided eye contact with him and shuffle my feet together, “Now that I’m here, what did you want to say to me?”

“Look at me first,” he said.

“I don’t want to,” I murmured.  I was expecting him to retaliate but when I didn’t hear anything fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter