Blind Date

Kwon Sohyun One Shot Requests
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Request by:  CottonCookie

 

(4Minute Dorm Room)

 

“Come on Sohyun!  Just let me set you up on a blind date with someone.  You’re 21 and you haven’t dated since we debuted,” Jihyun lectured.

 

“Unnie, I don’t have time right now.  I want to focus on my career and make lots of money,” I explained.

 

“Stupid maknae!  There is more to life than just making money.  You need to learn how to fall in love too,” Jihyun pointed out.  “You’re not getting any younger.”

 

“Unnie, why are you so persistent in setting me up on a blind date?” I asked out of curiosity.

 

“Because I want you to get over L. Joe,” she honestly replied. 

 

L. Joe Every time his name was brought up, it brought back so many painful memories.  Yes, I Kwon Sohyun was madly in love with L. Joe from Teen Top, but when I found out that he only liked me as a little sister, it broke my poor heart into a million pieces.  I should have never said I wanted to be paired up with him on We Got Married on national television.  Ever since then, he avoided me at all cost.  I was extremely hurt and cried my eyes out for two weeks.  I tried to apologize to him whenever I saw him at all the music shows, but he would use s as shields whenever I got close to him.  His actions hurt me so deeply that I gave up trying to apologize to him.

 

Jihyun patted my head, “Meeting new people will help you get over him.”

 

I faked a smile, “I know, but it still hurts unnie.”

 

“That is why I think you should let me set you up on a blind date.  My friend Donghae from Super Junior has a friend that I think you’ll like,” she said.

 

I raised my left eyebrow up, “Donghae?  You still keep in touch with him?”

 

“Of course!  He’s a really good friend of mine.”

 

I hesitated, “Well…”

 

“Come on maknae!  Just give it a shot.  If you go on this date and you don’t feel any sparks, I promise I’ll never set you up on a blind date ever again,” she stated.

 

“You promise?”

 

She held her right hand up in the air, “I promise.”

 

I sigh in defeat, “Fine.”

 

“Awesome!  I’m going to call Donghae right now."

 

I nodded my head, “Okay.  Tell Donghae oppa I said hello.”

 

“Will do maknae,” she said shooing me out of her bedroom.

 

(Meanwhile at EXO dorm room)

 

Ring!  Ring!  Ring!

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hello?  Is this Oh Sehun?” Donghae asked.

 

“Yes, this is Oh Sehun.  Who is this?” he politely asked.

 

“This is Donghae from Super Junior.”

 

Sehun smiled, “Oh, hello hyung!”

 

“Hey, are you busy at the moment?”  

 

“No, why?”

 

“Can I come over?”

 

“Sure!”

 

“Will your members me home too?”

 

“No, some them have schedules and some of them went back home to visit their parents.  I’m the only here at the dorm.”

 

“Oh, that’s perfect.  Anyways, I’ll see you in ten minutes,” Donghae said.

 

“Okay, see you soon,” Sehun said hanging up his phone.  Strange, why does he want to meet him all of a sudden?

 

10 minutes later

 

“So, what did you want to talk to me about hyung?” Sehun asked handing him a glass of orange juice.

 

Donghae happily took the glass of orange juice and replied, “Are you busy tomorrow night at 5:00pm?”

 

Sehun shook his head no, “Why?”

 

“Just wondering,” he replied taking a sip of his orange juice.

 

Sehun scratched his head looking confused, “Um, okay?  Why didn’t you just ask me that over the phone when you called before?  That would have saved you a trip from walking all the way over to our dorm.”

 

Donghae laughed out loud, “That wasn’t the only reason why I came over here dummy.”

 

He scoffed, “So, why are you really here?”

 

Donghae face suddenly turned serious, “Are you dating anyone right now?”

 

“Absolutely not hyung!  Yah, are there rumors going around saying I’m dating someone?” Sehun demanded.  “Because if there is, it’s not true.”

 

Donghae smiled, “Calm down buddy.  There are no rumors about you dating anybody at all.  I just wanted to know if you were dating anyone right now because I want to set you up on a blind date.”

 

Sehun eyes widen, “A blind date?  With who?  And why?”

 

“One question at a time buddy,” he laughed.  “First of all, I want to set up you on this blind date because I feel that she is the perfect girl for you.”

 

“Perfect girl for me, huh?  Who is she?  Is she pretty?  Do I know her?” Sehun asked sounding a little too excited.

 

“I’m not going to tell you who she is.   Yes, she is pretty, no, you don’t personally know her, but you have seen her before,” he answered.  “So, how about it?  Are you willing to go on this blind date?”

 

“I don’t know hyung,” Sehun replied.  “Is she a celebrity?”

 

“Yes, she is.”

 

“I don’t know,” he said again.  “What happens if I go on this blind date and I don’t like her?  And what happens if the dispatch catches us?  Rumors will spread like wild fire and I don’t want to be caught up in that mess.”

 

Donghae rolled his eyes, “Yah, quit worrying about little things like that.  Let’s say you agree to go on this blind date and things don’t work out, and the media catches you, all you have to say is that she is your close friend and that you guys went out for dinner.  That’s all.”

 

“You make it sound like it's so easy hyung,” he said shaking his head.

 

Donghae smirked, “It is.  You’re clearly overthinking about the situation.  Now, answer my question.  Will you go on this blind date or not?  If not, I’m going to ask Kai.”

 

“No!  I’ll go!” Sehun quickly said. 

 

“Perfect.  Wait for my text tomorrow, okay?”

 

“Okay,” Sehun said half excited and half worried.

 

(Se7en Chicken Restaurant 5:00pm)

 

Sehun twirled his fingers together as he paced back and forth in the VIP Room waiting patiently for his blind date.   What happens if she doesn’t like me?  Did I put enough cologne on?  Does my breath smell?  He covered his mouth with his hands and breathed a few times to make sure he didn’t have bad breath.  Oh good, my breath doesn’t stink. 

 

Knock!  Knock!  Knock!

 

Sehun quickly turned around and saw his host poked his head inside the room, “Excuse me sir, your date is here.”

 

“Oh, have her come in,” Sehun said quickly adjusting his clothes. 

 

“You may go inside,” the host instructed.

 

“Thank you,” I nervously said.  As soon as I walked into the VIP Room, I was shocked to see who my blind date was.  Oh Sehun?

 

Kwon Sohyun?  So, she’s my blind date? He thought observing her from head to toe.  Damn, she looks really pretty tonight.  She was wearing a plain white ruffle dress that came up to her honey thighs along with a pair of white sparkly high heels that made her look slightly taller than her normal height.  Her makeup wasn’t as thick as it usually was and he liked how she went for the natural look.  Honestly, she looked much prettier with natural makeup on he thought.

 

My eyes widen, “Oh Sehun?”  The host closed the door behind me as we stood there staring at each other for a few seconds.

 

He walked closer to me and smirked, “So, you’re my blind date?”

 

I couldn’t tell from his tone of voice if he was happy or disappointed that I was his blind date, so I just nodded my head yes.  Honestly, I wasn’t expecting my blind date to be Oh Sehun from EXO. 

 

He smiled, “How rude of me for not introducing myself to you.”  He bowed his head, “Hello.  I’m EXO maknae Oh Sehun.”

 

I bowed my head back, “Hello.  I’m 4Minute maknae Kwon Sohyun.  It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

 

“We’re the same age, right?” he asked.

 

“I believe so,” I replied.  “When is your birthday?”

 

“April 12th.  W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter