Judo

Kwon Sohyun One Shot Requests
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Request by:  Yeskpop

“Shoot it!  Shoot it!  Shoot it!” Jota screamed jabbing his finger at the screen.

“Yah! Move your finger!” I shouted shooting at the zombies. 

“Shoot that zombie behind you!” he shouted grabbing his hair in frustration.

Too late, the zombie bit my character by the neck and died.  I threw my gun down and cried, “NO!!!!!!”

“Alright kids, the arcade is now closed.  Please leave,” the owner said shooing us out the door.

“Better luck tomorrow,” he said grabbing me by the arm. 

“I can’t believe I died,” I grumbled.  “I was so close too.”

He ruffled my hair and laughed, “Quit whining and let’s go home.”

“I don’t want to go home yet,” I frowned still upset that I lost.

“Well, if you don’t want to go home yet, wanna grab some ice cream then?” he suggested.

My eyes lit up with happiness as soon as I heard the word ice cream, “Yes!  You’re paying, right?”

He rolled his eyes, “Don’t I always?”

“Thank you Jota!” I happily said linking my arm with his.

(Dairy Queen)

“How is your ice cream?” he asked his spoon.

I gave him thumbs up, “It’s delicious!  How is your ice cream?”

“Very good,” he replied.  Suddenly he stared at my face and chuckled. 

I gave him a weird look, “What?”

He pointed to my lips, “You have ice cream on your lips.”

I quickly wiped my lips with my right hand, “Is it gone?”

“Nope,” he replied.  He leaned over the table and gently wiped my lower lip with his finger, “There, it’s gone now.”

“Thanks!” I shyly said.

After we finished our ice cream, he walked me home and I found it quite strange that he was being all quiet.  Usually he would talk to me like there was no tomorrow.  Being the curious person I was, I poked his left arm, “Yah, why are you so quiet all of a sudden?”

“I was just thinking about something,” he replied giving me a warm smile.

“About what?”

“…a girl confessed to me a couple of days ago,” he answered not looking at me.

“WHAT?!” I cried.  I grabbed his right arm to stop walking, “Oh my god, who?”

“Gong Min Ji,” he replied turning to look at me. 

“Gong Min Ji?  Who is that?” I asked scratching my head.  Why doesn’t that name ring a bell to me?

“She’s the girl with long red hair in our Judo class,” he replied smiling like an idiot.

I snapped my fingers together, “Ah!  Now I know who you’re talking about!  She’s really pretty.  I think you should date her.”

His smile suddenly faded away, “W-What did you say?” 

I let go of his arm and repeated, “I said, I think you should date her.”

He stared at me for a long time before saying, “Fine, maybe I should date her.”  With that, he walked ahead of me.

Did I say something wrong? I thought staring at his back.

He stopped walking but didn’t look back, “Are you coming or not?”

“Yeah, I’m coming,” I said following him.  What’s his problem?

(The next day in Judo Class)

I hated Judo because I at it so much.  If it wasn’t for Jota, I think I would have failed this class a long time ago.  It’s not that I’m out of shape or anything, okay scratch that, maybe I am a little bit out of shape, but I just don’t have the motivation to work out, stretch my arms and legs, run, lift weights, do flips, etc…  Judo just isn't for me, but I can’t graduate college if I don’t take this stupid class.  My class consisted a mix of boys and girls and I have to admit, everyone in my class was in good shape expect for me.  My eyes landed on Gong Min Ji who was sitting not too far away from me giggling with some of her friends.  Speaking of friends, I didn’t have any friends in my class expect for Jota who was nowhere to be seen.  That’s strange.  He should be here by now.  Where is he? 

“Hey Sohyun!”

I jerked my head who had called my name and saw Min Ji gesturing her hand to go by her.  What does she want?  I thought scooting over to her and her friends.

“How long have you been friends with Jota?” one of her friends asked.

“Too long,” I replied.  “Why?”

“Min Ji has a crush on Jota,” one of her other friends blurted out.

“Yah!” Min Ji cried as she smacked her friend by the leg.  Her face turned red as she looked at me and mumbled, “Um, I was wondering if you could help me with something.”

I raised my left eyebrow up, “Okay…”

“Since you’re friends with him, is it possible if you can persuade him to take his robe off today and reveal his abs in class?” Min Ji asked.

“Are you insane?!” I cried as Min Ji and her friends burst out laughing at my response.  I shook my head no, “Sorry, but you can ask him yourself.”

“Come on Sohyun!  Please?!” Min Ji and her friends begged.

“No way.  End of story,” I said scooting far away from them.

“What a wuss,” one of her friends purposely said out loud. 

“I agree.  No wonder she doesn’t have any friends,” another girl chimed in.

“Why is Jota even friends with her?” another girl asked.

Min Ji shrugged her shoulders, “Beats the hell out of me.  Maybe he pities her.”

Their comments hurt me deeply but I pretended not to hear them as I turned my back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter