Chapter 8

Do you know me ?

HAYI’S POV

 

“Do I look okay?” I ask myself while seeing my reflection at the window. I already in front of Yang Goon Dining Restaurant.

“It’s not like I try to impress. But I have to look good right?” I must have been crazy. It is not like this is a special day. He isn’t going to propose to me or whatever it is. It just a dinner.

I can’t help but be nervous.

As I open the door, Yunhyeong greeted me.

 

“Hey, Ms Hayi. This way please” He gestured me to follow him.

 

‘Since when he changed his profession into a waiter?’

 

I follow him.

 

‘What is this?’

 

This place has changed so much. Candles everywhere. Strange atmosphere.

I heard my heart thumping.

 

I arrived at my table. Yunhyeong pulled my chair, gesturing me to sit. My table is at the front and centre of the room. Right in front of the stage.

Still clueless, I divert my attention to the stage as the lights were focused on the stage.

The piano was tickled by a pianist, producing a sweet melodic sound from it. It was Donghyuk who played the piano. Then, the spotlight focused on the singer, which is Hanbin..

 

My heart fluttered. He looked good tonight. What’s the occasion?

 

He started singing

 

What would I do without your smart mouth?

Drawing me in, and you kicking me out

You've got my head spinning, no kidding, I can't pin you down

 

 

It is my favourite song.. All of Me by John Legend

 

What's going on in that beautiful mind

I'm on your magical mystery ride

And I'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me, but I'll be alright

 

‘Whoa..I don’t know he could sing..’

 

My head's under water

But I'm breathing fine

You're crazy and I'm out of my mind

 

'Cause all of me

Loves all of you

Love your curves and all your edges

All your perfect imperfections

Give your all to me

I'll give my all to you

You're my end and my beginning

Even when I lose I'm winning

'Cause I give you all of me

And you give me all of you, oh oh

 

The song is almost ended. He went down the stage and walk.. towards me..

 

I give you all of me

And you give me all of you, oh oh

 

“Hayi ah, I don’t know since when all of this started. Never have I imagined to be so smitten by you. What have you done to me, Hayi? You’ve been in my head and never leave. I think about you all day long. The thought of you not being by my side makes me go crazy. I promise I will never leave you unless you ask me to. I promise to take care of you. I promise to always be with you. I love you,Hayi. Would you be my girlfriend?”

His sudden confession made me startled. It was unexpected really. He seems sincere with what he said. I know he was a player. Should I accept him? I believe he is serious.. I can’t deny that I love him. I really do. But.. I will follow my heart..

 

“Yes, Hanbin. Yes. And I love you too.” I smile at him. I decide to give him a chance. I trust him.

 

He pulled me close until our lips locked. That night, it was our first kiss. And also my first kiss.

 

“Hayi ah, this is your necklace.”Hanbin said while handing me the lost necklace. I grinned. Can’t believe he found this necklace. I thought I’m going to lose it forever.

 

“Where did you find it?” I asked him.

 

“Actually, it wasn’t me who find that necklace. Jinhwan did.” He replied frankly.

 

I kinda disappointed to hear the reply, but I’m glad he is being honest.

 

“I gotta thank him.”

 

“Yeah, you should” He smile.

 

Meanwhile at the backstage..

 

AUTHOR POV

 

 

“I promise I will never hurt you.”Chanwoo said to Junhwe, making fun of Hanbin in the most possible dramatic way.

 

“Get away from me.” Junhwe annoyed. But then giggled.

“Did you see that did you see that? I always see him kissing girls but this is the first time I felt so giddy.” Bobby smile to ear.

 

“Right! I think I should find myself a girlfriend.” Donghyuk replied.

 

“Here comes the newlywed!” Jinhwan announced. Seems like he wanted the whole world to know it.

 

Hanbin and Hayi look down shyly.

 

“Yah Hanbin! Make that face again and I will slap you.” Jinhwan said jokingly.

They sat in group.

 

“Jinhwan, thanks for the necklace..”Hayi initiate the conversation.

Jinhwan just nods.

 

“It is good to see that Hanbin finally get serious with someone.” Yunhyeong said as its nothing.

Everyone glared at him.

 

“What?”

 

“Past is past. I’m glad you exist, Hayi. I like you.” Donghyuk said shyly. Again, everyone stared at him.

“I mean I like Hayi for our Hanbin..”

 

“Oh..”Everybody said in unison.

 

“I too glad she exists. I don’t know what I will do with my life without her.” Hanbin said while looking into Hayi’s eyes.

 

“Do you think we should be here?” Chanwoo whispered to Junhwe, enough for everyone to hear.

 

“I don’t think so. What are we doing here again?” Junhwe replied.

 

Everyone laugh at their antics.