Chapter 12

Do you know me ?

HAYI POV

 

It's Monday! I'm so happy. Two days weekend feels like two years. Is the time crawling? That jerk doesn't even bother to text me during those two days. I swear if I see him at school today I'm gonna smack his head! That's the punishment of making me miss him so much. I didn't see him in the hallway this morning.. As usual, during break time I go to the rooftop.

 

While waiting for him, I enjoy the rooftop view. The view has never be this beautiful until today. My tears dropped. What is this feeling? I shrug it off and I look at my watch. Where is he? He never lates. Did he not come to school?

 

School bell rings indicate that break time is over.

 

After school ends, I go to Kwanghee and ask him.

 

"Kwanghee-ah, have you seen Hanbin?"

 

He thinks for a while. "Wait...you are right.. I haven't seen him today. No wonder the school is strangely quiet and peaceful!"

 

"What about his friends?" I ask him again. Maybe I could ask his friends about him.

 

He shakes his head."Nope. Why are you suddenly asking about him? WHAT'S YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH HIM?!"

 

"Nothing. School projects." I lied.

 

No one else knows about our relationship beside his friends and family.

 

Hmm.. Where is he?

 

 

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

AUTHOR POV

 

 

It has been a week since Hanbin disappears. It has been a week too that the iKON members haven't attend school.

 

Today, they finally show up in school. Except Hanbin. Waiting for this opportunity, Hayi talks to the members. Seeing that Hayi is approaching them, they keep quiet.

 

" Where is Hanbin?" She asked, still smiling not knowing what actually had happened.

They all went silent.

 

She repeated the question again. "Where is Hanbin?" She didn't smile this time.

 

"He moved."Jinhwan answered her question.

 

Hayi laughed. Not believing that.

"Cut the crap. I know my birthday is around the corner. Please don't pull this kind of prank."

 

They looked at each other.

"No, it's the truth. He moved. You should forget him." Jinhwan said firmly.

"He probably already found a new girl there." Chanwoo added.

 

Speechless,mad Hayi left the boys.

"Are we doing the right thing, hyung?" Junhwe asked Jinhwan.

"It's what Hanbin wants."Jinhwan said. His eyes are fixed on Hayi. He sadly gaze.

 

 

 

 

 

HAYI POV

These boys are playing prank on me. I'm going to his house! I'm gonna tell him that I don't fall for his prank! He should have known that his girl is smart! 

 

As I walk to his house, I feel uncomfortable, I feel uneasy. I feel like something is crampling my heart. I arrive at his house. His house is.... empty. There's no cars... and I don't see his bike either. I become more convinced that it's true. That he left me.. for real. My heart drops as I spot the "For sale" sign.

 

No.. this can't be true.. It CAN NOT BE TRUE. I call him. Yes. I just make a call to him today. I'm not the type who text first, I'm not the type who makes a call first. Since that moment, I regret of not making the first move. I regret it all. Maybe if I had done that, he wouldn't leave me. Maybe if I had done that, I'd at least get an explanation. Ever since that day, I regret.

 

"The number you have dialed cannot be reached."

 

 

My tears are starting to fall.

 

I look up his profile on facebook.

My heart sank as I saw the page. If this is a prank then this is the greatest prank of all time. If this is true, then this is my biggest nightmare. A part of me believe that he is gone. A part of me wanting to believe that he is just pulling a prank. My brain knows the truth but my heart isn't believing that. I go to the park across his house. That is the farthest steps I can take for now. My legs are weak. 

 

 

I can't believe that he left me. Did he not love me? I start to doubt him. Am I lacking something?

 

If he didn't love me, then what about his loving gaze that screams he loved me? His sad expression before he saw me, what does that mean? I cry, I cry so silently I don't make any sound. Loving someone can be quite scary. Any second can be scary. I should have shown him more affection. I should have gone downstairs and met him that day. I should have hugged him when he sad. I should have taken his worries more seriously. 

 

I want to listen to him singing. Seems like I can't do that anymore. My tears stop for a while and I cry again. I sit here, in the park alone. When it's time for kids to play, I watch them playing until their mothers call them to go home. I do not have strength to go home. I haven't eaten yet though. Surprisingly, I'm not hungry.

 

 

It's 11:00pm. I'm still here. I hear footsteps coming towards me. I just ignore it.

 

"Hey," A voice greets me. It's Jinhwan.

 

I smile at him. I see tteokbokki in his hands. I gulp. That's my favorite food.

 

"What are you doing here?" He asked me. He obviously knows the answer.

 

I don't answer him.

 

He let out a sigh and sits beside me.

 

"I'm so fulled! That auntie put so much of tteokbokki. I didn't even ask for this much." He sounds so cheerful though.

 

Probably trying to comfort me.

 

"Do you want it?"He ask.

 

Before I could even answer no, he takes my hand and put the bag of tteokbokki in my hand.

 

"You haven't eaten. You should eat, Hayi." He cares about me.

 

I eat the tteokbokki, not wanting to waste his effort.

 

Silence...

 

He is still beside me. I have finished the food he gave me. I must admit that this is quite awkward. But at the same time, it's quite comforting.

 

"Jinhwan,,," I call him.

 

"Hmm??" He looks at me.

 

"Did he really love me?" I ask him.

 

"Yes, he did. VEERRY MUCH." He replies.

 

I smile after hearing his answer. I cry again.

 

He put his hand around my shoulder, leaning me towards his shoulders. I cry even louder.

 

"Cry as much as you want, Hayi. Let it out." He says.

 

 

That night, he walked me home safely.

That night, was different from any other night.

That night, I cried in my sleep.

That night, was the worst night ever in my life, perhaps.