Chapter 8

More Than A Roommate

"You are back!!" I heard Sandeul yelled with a relief smile which startled me a bit. He rushed to me and held my arms. "Where have you been the whole night? I was so scared I don't know would you do something stupid or was kidnapped or I might not be able to see you anymore." I noticed his dark circles under his eyes when I pulled him away and looked at him curiously.

"You stayed up for the whole night and waited for me to come back?" He nodded and pouted. But my left brain reminded me the incident that happened a month ago. "You don't need to waste your energy to track me up. Just care about your girlfriend."

"Just listen to me she is NOT my girlfriend. This is the truth no matter you believe or not..." I went to my room before he finished his sentence. Sigh. Well… I knew it was not polite and I hate to be impolite. But then I really didn’t want to split them up or just said that I was stubborn. Yes I was really really really stubborn.

-

Sandeul's POV

 

*Big sigh*

Almost two months now. How could she not talk to me for a total of two months? But it was still my fault who made this happen. If I didn’t bring Jiyong to our house, if I didn't fall in her trap, if I didn't pick up her call, if I could finish my confession to Iris, if nothing had happened, things would have been so different. We could still smile to each other, laugh at each others jokes and hug to sleep every night. I missed the time that I sang a lullaby until she fell a sleep. She said she love my voice and would never turn me down from singing. It was all in the past. No… I should not think this way. I had to make her talk to me again. I had to make her smile again no matter how hard it was and how long it took. Before that, I had to look for a consultant who could help me out.

"Yah! That's your problem, don't put me in okay? I have to go now." Yes, my consultant was Mina. She was Iris' best friend and knew about all her habit and personality, she could definitely help me out. And most importantly, she is a girl, she knew how girls think.

"Please!!! Just this time!!! We have been like that for two months, you haven't seen her smile for a long time right? You don't want your friend to be Sadness forever right? And I would buy you ticket to whatever concert you want to go…. For once."

"Okay deal! Don't regret of what you say and don't blame me if I buy the most expensive one."

"Arasseo… Teach me how to do now!"

"Well… It is difficult to make a stubborn girl like her to forgive you. You know she is that kind of girl who would remember the mistake you have made to her, just like an incurable disease…"

"Yah gizibe! You are swindling right?"

"Could you let me finish first? It just like an incurable disease, you can only ease the pain and symptoms but never cure it, because it would leave a scar in her heart."

"Geuleohguna… So what can I do? I don't want to lose her..."

"Oh so cheesy!!! Do you know what she loves you to do? Or something you do that she can never reject you?"

"Yes!! My singing!!"

"Wow my friend has a good taste. Then you sing for her and prove to her that that girl is not yours. Don't do it the other way round because it is useless to her."

"Okay… I think I know what to do. Thanks cousin."

-

Iris' POV

 

KNOCK KNOCK

A sudden knock startled me from my revision. "I know you hate to see me or listen to me, but I have something that really want you to listen..." There was a silence before he started.

"This fool, it's not the truth!

You still don't understand me

I am the only who can own your love

Please don't leave me

You're the only one I love

Don't go and take this away from me

Don't ditch me, just hug me

Come back and love me again" (Emergency Room - Izi)

I hate you Lee Sandeul.. He knew that I love his singing and I found myself crying when he finished singing. His powerful singing skills did make the lyrics alive. I shed my tears and opened the door. He was stand behind the door and looked really nervous.

"Nabeunnom…" I pouted and patted his shoulder as hard as I could. He walked toward me and hugged me.

"Pabo don't cry." He smiled and took out his phone. "Want to show you something." He showed a photo of Jiyong hugging a man with purple hair. "Actually she has a boyfriend and that's not me. Her boyfriend called Jinyoung. So she is not mine and surely I am not hers."

"But why did she kiss you that day?"

"She always thinks that she is the prettiest and all men fall for her. And she always flirts other boys at school whenever Jinyoung hyung is not around her."

"OMG…. That's disgusting…."

"So… I assume that you are not angry anymore." He said with a big grin. I nodded and smiled. Less than a second, he ran around and cheered for me forgiving him. He was really a pabo. But then, there was still something in the bottom of heart that I could not give in. Our relationship could not returned to the status before the incident happened. There was a scar which never vanished. "So can we sleep together just like before?" He asked shyly.

"I am sorry…"

"It's okay." He pouted. I knew it was a bit harsh but gave me sometime, I could get it through.