Chapter 3

More Than A Roommate

We were getting close with each other over the past two months that we have lived together. We saw each other not only at home, but also in the school campus. Every time when Mina witnessed me and Sandeul were walking together, she would make a little noise, which made us embarrassed.

"You guys are going so fast. Seems that I have made a right move." She said proudly when she got her lunch and sat across me.

"I-I don't know what are you talking about…" I blushed and could feel my face was now hot.

"Yooohoo~~ Our little tomato is falling in love~~~"

"It is not love…. Well.. Okay I give in." I broke up with my ex-boyfriend 4 years ago. That relationship was nothing serious. And in these years, I met some guys and we just have 'some' relationships. But  to Sandeul, I wanted to take it more serious. Maybe it was because I was so lonely these days or I wanted to find someone to rely on when I stayed in foreign country for a long period of time. "But the point is... This is only my feeling towards him. I don't even know how does he think about me. Possibly, he treated me that nice is because he sees me as a dongsaeng. It is just two months, nothing can happen so quick."

"No. Things can happen, which is you have fallen in love with my cousin." She smirked as she continued. "I know you are kind of rational and stubborn, but when it comes to romance, you have to follow your feelings. And you know what, my cousin talked about you when he chatted with me on Kakao Talk yesterday."

"What?!!! What did he said?"

"He told me his feeling towards you." I leaned forward as I was so curious about whether we were sharing the same one. "But I won't tell you." She burst out of laugh. I glared at her as if she has ruined day.

"Yah! Lee Mina! Are you kidding me!!!"I couldn't control my temper and hit the table. She laughed even louder when she saw me acted like this.

"HAHAHAHA jaemiissda! Why don't you go and ask him. You can get the direct answer immediately."

"I just don't want to take the first step…"

"Well~~ Let me teach you a 100%-work skill. Go and watch a scary or horror or gothic movie with him. You can test him." I wasn't too understand how a horror movie could test how he thought about me, but I have no chance to ask about since the school bell rang. "Ah! There is one thing I can tell you. He said you are much better and more beautiful than he expected." I blushed again but it left a mystery in my head, what did he mean?

-

Saturday was our movie night because we both had a day off on Sunday. Mina's suggestion kept pop up in my head and should I really watch a horror with him? I doubt, because I was not dare to watch even my mum forced me to watch the "Final Destination" series. I just peeked through the gap between my fingers and kept my eyes shut when there were bloody scenes.

"What do you want to watch tonight?" He took out his MacBook and mirrored the screen to the tv.

"How about horror movies?" I asked in a low voice. He looked at me immediately, and I could saw his pupils were enlarging.

He tried to calm himself by a light sigh. This time I can tell he didn't like the idea. But I couldn't understand why Mina still asked me to watch this kind of film with him even though she knew he didn't like it. "If you like horrors, we can just go for it." He searched for a horror movie and pressed play after he was prepared mentally.

We sat up straight and my hands didn't leave my eyes for any second. Sometimes I looked at Sandeul to see how he reacted. He didn't have any reaction and sat still, I wondered if he was angry with me or thinking about something else. Suddenly, I didn't shut my eyes on time when a bloody scene came out. "Aish…." I quickly looked away and curled up. But then, I felt a pair of arms wrapped my curling body. Is that a hallucination because I was too shocked? I looked up and saw Sandeul really hugged me. Oh Gosh! Is that why Mina had asked me to watch a horror? I didn't care and I just stayed still for the rest of the movie.

-

The movie was over. I could feel Sandeul was a bit trembling. "Are you okay oppa?"

"Yes…" The voice was shaky. He stood up and walked to the kitchen with much of his effort physically for a cup of water. Apparently, the movie scared him, but how come he pretended he wasn't scared while we were watching. Was he trying to pretended he was strong in front of me? Was this implied to something else? I blushed once again and I rushed to my room before he could notice I was blushing.

Although I still couldn't get the intention of Mina, everything went beyond my expectation. He hugged me hehe. I fell asleep easily since I have skipped all the bloody scenes by my own. Knocking sound was heard at the midnight. I opened the door and saw Sandeul was standing in front of me, hugging his pillow.

"I am sorry and I know it is not appropriate but…  Can I sleep with you tonight? The movie was so scary and I can't sleep alone tonight…." He asked in low but a bit aegyo voice. It was so hard for a normal girl to reject such a request in this tone.

"Well It is okay for me." He came into my room. "Wait.. Are you planning both of us to sleep in a single bed?" He was shocked and realized that the bed in my room was just a single bed.

"I'm sorry… Come to my room then."

We slept down on the bed and I turned around so that I would not blushed in front of him. His arms wrapped my waist which made me feel shock. "Sorry… the movie was just too scary.. Do you mind I hug you for sleep?" I shook my head, because somehow I wanted it too. After a while, we both slept soundly when we hugged each other.