Chapter 4

More Than A Roommate

A/N: Omo omo Today is Sandeul's birthday!! Kya~~!! happy birthday wuli junghwannie:)

=================================================================================================

We share the same bed every night after last Saturday. It felt so good to be hugged to sleep. It was warm, especially in the late-autumn and winter is approaching. I don't know if the impact of the movie was really that big to him, or it was his personal intention. I dared not to think about the latter one, because I didn't want to mistake his message and gave myself a fake hope.

Most likely, I had all my lessons in the morning and his were later than mine. But then, even I had to wake up at 7 that early, he was awake when I opened my eyes and looked at him. He still hugging me when I woke up, and he would say good morning with a very sweet smile, which could immediately melt you heart even the weather outside was getting colder and colder. Sometimes at night, he would sing a lullaby softly to my ear. He had a really good voice and I really wanted to help him to apply Super Star K seriously. He was sweet. Sometimes I thought we were already a couple because we were so close. My rationality kept reminding me that we were not to keep me sober. By this point now, I was quite sure that we were having the same feeling to each other.

-

"Oppa I want to tell you something."

"What?" I saw he was a bit nervous when I told him I had something to say. What did this imply? However, I was not talking anything related to romance.

"I applied to a part time job at the café a few blocks away last week. Today I have been told to start my job tomorrow. So I would be come back a bit later than usual" I grinned and wait for his reply. But seems that he was a little bit disappointed. I couldn't tell if it was because I didn't make my confession or I had to come home late.

"Why do you need to work?"

"I am trying to share some of the financial burden of my mum. Seems like it is getting harder for her to support all my expenses here by herself. So I decided to work for a part time job." He nodded, showing that he understood my situation.

"Umm.. will you come back for dinner?"

"I think I can during my dinner break. And I will be at home latest by 10."

"Wow it is pretty late. I have to be alone starting from tomorrow" He pouted.

"Oh a cute duckie come out." I laughed at him and he put on his usual smile. But I noticed that this time the smile was not like the usual one, it was a bit down. Why?

-

I arrived at Divine Coffee. It was a small café around the corner at the back street. The drawings on the glass windows were stunning, which was the reason that attracted me to work in there. My boss was super nice. He told me that he didn't have any plan of hiring any staff, but more and more tourists visited this shop, so he decided to hire me since I know Chinese, English and Korean. He taught me how to use the coffee machine and how to make different drinks. It was fun and suited me because I wanted to be a barista when I was small.

After busy learning and work, my boss walked me to home since our directions were the same. "Are you a fan of B1A3?" I was shocked by his sudden question.

"I don't know if I am a fan since I like their music and performance." I tilted my head and didn't know why he asked this so sudden.

He smiled in relief. "You know, the café is just a road across their company, so many fangirls have applied to be a barista in my café. But I just don't want any of them to take the advantage of the location of the shop to watch their idol, but not focusing on their work."

What? What did he just said??? A road across WM Entertainment? How come I can't even notice that after a few hours of working. "Oh I was totally miss out the company. I thought it is just a normal commercial building."

"Haha. Then I don't need to worry anymore since you are not a fangirl like them. I have hired the right person."

"And is it that's why so many tourists visit our shop?"

"Yes. Their fans from all around the world come and try to wait for them to come out from the company. And we are the only café that nearby the company. So they visit our shop and wait for their oppas." I nodded with smile and said goodbye when we separated. 

-

It was just like what my boss said, numbers of high school students came after school and visitors from different countries visited our shop. They shared the same purpose, which was to waiting for their favourite idols to come out from the building so they can rush over there for taking picture or asking for autograph. There were also sometimes that the staff of WM came and chatted with my boss. They seemed to be very close because they kept on chatting and smoking outside the shop for a few hours. At that time, I usually practiced to make several drinks because there was no customers and even my boss has sneaked out.

"Excuse me." I heard a deep voice when I was busying making a green tea latte for practice. When I looked up, Oh gosh! It was Baro, the rapper of B1A3. He came on his own to buy a coffee. I could quickly calm myself since I was not that fascinated like the other fangirls.

"Yes, may I help you?"

"I want an iced Americano please."

"Thank you it is 4500 won." After he paid the money, I went to the coffee machine and started my work. He kept staring at me which made me feel a bit uncomfortable.

"Are you a new barista at the cafe?"

"Yes. I am Iris." I answered politely with a smile and nodded as a bow.

"Nice to meet you." He smiled at me. After a minute, I handed him his coffee. He took the nearest seat from the bar.  He tasted the coffee and I was a bit nervous since he was an idol, different from any normal customers that I usually served. He looked up at me which scared me and made me thought there was something wrong with the coffee, until he spoke up. "How come it is tastier than that made by your boss." I chuckled.

"That's impossible. I just started to make coffee a week ago."

"I am serious, it really taste much better. It makes me want to come everyday." He patted my shoulder and waved goodbye when he left.