Chapter 5

More Than A Roommate

I still thought it was a joke that Baro said he would come everyday because of the coffee I have made. Until the week after, he did come everyday. He came and ordered the same coffee at 7pm everyday, when my boss was out for dinner and the shop had no customers. Never being late or early. I started to wonder did I really make nice Americano which could attract him to come. Sometimes he would stay until we were closed and walked me to home.

"Hello~ I am here again~~" He said with his smile that could melt girl's heart.

"You are really on time, aren't you?" We both chuckled and I started to make his order. I could feel his burning gaze. "Hmm?" I tilted my head as I was curious why he was staring at me.

"Have anyone told you that you are pretty and prettier when you are focusing on your work?" He smiled at me. I blushed. Wow! Come on it could be really confusing. What did he mean? Was he flirting me?

"What? No, I have never heard of anything like that…" I tried to say it in a low voice so that I could hide my shyness. But it didn't work.

"What a pity! And you are most beautiful when you blush. The pinky cheeks are just like an apple, I really want to have a bite." I hate you Cha Sun Woo!

"Wow! What's that mean? Do you always flirt girls like this? You are really fluent in these words." I chuckled and tried to pretend nothing happened.

"Of course not~ I am not that kind of guy. I only say these words to you." You are a big master in flirting. I laughed and handed him his coffee. He chatted with me as usual. Suddenly he stood up and walked near the counter. "Can you give me a tissue?" I took one from the counter but he shocked me with the remaining sentence. "With your phone number on it." Daebak…

-

"Oh you are back!" I heard Sandeul's sunshine voice once I entered the house.

"Yes. What are you eating?" He always eat, just like he was never full.

"Soy sauce rice pancake. I invented it." With his satisfying smile on his face. I tried his rice pancake when he handed it to me.

"Holy… You can be a chef, a singer or a chemist. Any one can do." It really tasty. I have never eaten something with such a unique texture.

After I took a shower, I sat beside him on the couch. "Do you have a boyfriend?" I looked at him with a shock. How should I interpret his question? Because you know when a boy asked you whether you had a boyfriend, there were two reasons. First, he was just simply gossiping without any other purpose. Second, he wanted to know if he had any chance.

"No."

"So who is that guy who always walk with you back home? I always saw you two together." I could see his ducky mouth coming out a bit, was this mean he was jealous?

"We are friend and he is Baro, the member of B1A3."

"Baro????? Wow…. You have a celebrity as your friend.." Clearly he was a bit disappointed when I told him that was Baro. I just wished I could have the ability of mind reading. I couldn't know what he meant with his bitter smile. That night he hugged me a bit tight when we were sleeping. Was that a code that I was supposed to know?

-

As time goes by, Baro and I were getting closer. Every time when he returned from his business trip from Japan or other places, he would brought me the present that he had bought from the country he went although I had told him not to do that. "Do you like this bracelet? When I saw it, your face just popped out in my mind and I think it is definitely suit you." It was a yellow leather bracelet, with a bear, an angel wing, a coffee cup metal pieces on it.

"It is beautiful. Did you choose those pieces by yourself?" Because it was quite strange that a bear matched with a coffee cup, so I was sure he made that combination.

"Hehe how can you be so smart? I made one for mine too~ It is with squirrel, soccer ball and a mic which represent meeeeee. For you, I know you like teddy bears, you look like and smile like an angel and you are a barista." He said with a large grin on his face, seemed to be very satisfied with his gift. "You have to wear it everyday. If I can't see you wearing it, I will be hurt. alassji?" He pouted.

"Ne alasseo~" After that day, we would have dessert before he sent me home. He acted carefully so that no one could notice him was Baro and prevented those fangirls to disturb us. Sometimes I thought Baro likes me, but I clearly knew who I was. Maybe he just wanted to find a friend who could chat with him everyday.