𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖

Seventeen Girl

"Put me down! You're so clingy honestly!" Seungkwan protests against the vice-like grip I continue to hold him in.Β 

"Well excuse me but it's been ages since I last saw you!" I retaliate.

Remembering the other 12 people around me I let go of Seungkwan. "Hi everyone! It's nice to meet you all!" I introduce myself cheerfully. A bunch of greetings come my way along with gestures that range from handshakes to hugs and anything inbetween.

"Are you the girl Seungkwan always t-" Seokmin may have been asking me a question but Seungkwan quickly puts his hand over his mouth before he can finish.

"Oh yeah! When Seungkwan first came all he talked about was his cool dancer friend from London." Seungkwan facepalms after Vernon reveals the secret he was trying to hide.Β 

"Is that so?" I smirk smugly.

"I thought you were making it up, to be honest." Jihoon admits. Several others agree. Seungkwan hangs his head in shame as I go in for another hug.

"Aww, you really did miss me didn't you?"Β 


Β 
After being introduced to everyone, they show me around so I know where key places such as the studio and the dorm are.Β 

"How do you and Seungkwan know each other anyway?" Mingyu asks me as we all sit and talk in the dorm's living room. I've been trying to step out of my shell and have one on one conversations with all the boys to break the ice.

"Well my Dad is from Jeju so we go there every summer to visit my grandparents. Seungkwan's family lives next to my grandparent's house so we've been friends since we were little."

"That's so cute!" He squeals. Seungkwan stops his conversation with Minghao to turn around and glare at both of us, before returing to what he was saying. We both giggle once his head is turned.

"You should stay the night and we could have a slumber party to welcome you!" Mingyu suggests his idea with the excitement of a small child.

"That sounds like fun, if it's not too much trouble. I'll have to get my stuff though. Seungkwan come with me!" I plead.

"I don't have a choice do I?" I grab his hand and and walk out the dorm, answering his question.Β 


"So come on." I playfully poke him as we go back to the main building. "Spill! I want to know everything that's happened since the last time I saw you."

Seungkwan spends the duration of our journey telling me his adventure over the past few years. After winning a local talent show, he was scouted and given a chance to audition for many different entertainment companies before choosing to train under Pledis.

"It was really scary coming here and not knowing anyone, you're so lucky! I think I became closest with Vernon since he didn't seem that intimidating and we're the same age. He's actually half American and speaks English so you two have a lot in common." Maybe I won't stick out as much as I thought I would.

We see Mum and Dad waiting with the driver right outside the main building. Their smiles grow even brighter when they see Seungkwan is with me.Β 

"Nice to see you, Seungkwan!" Dad pats him on the back and ruffles his hair. Β 

"You've grown so big!" Mum pinches his left cheek. Come to think of it, he's like their other child, as am I to Mr and Mrs Boo.

"Did you have fun Cami? Was everything okay? You seemed a little nervous before you went out." Mum worries.

"I'm fine, Mum. Everybody was really nice, they've even invited me for a sleepover!"

"Alright, make sure no funny business happens." Dad not so subtly whispers to Seungkwan.

"I heard that! Nothing like that is going to happen Dad, I'll be fine."Β 

Mum and Dad catch up with Seungkwan on the ride to the hotel. Once we arrive, Seungkwan and I rush in and out with all of my luggage.

"Have fun, you two!" Mum and Dad wish us goodbye as we speed back downstairs before the driver leaves.


As we get back, Seungkwan flings my bag into the room and urges me to get changed. I'm glad he wasn't carrying my laptop.Β 

But out of nowhere, he starts to pull down his trousers. "Um, Seungkwan?" Did he forget I'm here? After he takes off his shirt, I realise he's been wearing a pink unicorn onesie under his clothes all this time.Β 

"Nice." I comment.Β 

"Thanks." He says on his way out.Β 

Β It was a good idea to throw my penguin onesie into my suitcase last minute. After changing, I go into the living room and everyone is wearing similar sleepwear and are gathered round the TV with several bowls of popcorn. I compliment Wonwoo and Mingyu on their matching panda slippers.

"Hey Cami! We we're gonna watch a horror movie, if that's okay with you of course." Vernon fills me in.

"That's fine, I Β don't mind." I've never really been a fan of scary things but I'm not going to spoil everyone's fun. After I sit between him and Seungkwan the movie begins, with the lights off for an extra spooky effect.

The film seems to be about a group of friends who have to spend the night at a haunted manor after their car breaks down. If the scenes where the surviving friends find their other friend's tortured corpse weren't distressing enough, watching a character get dragged out of focus by an unknown creature to a hopelessly grizzly end, certainly is.Β 

Seungkwan throws bits of popcorn at me when he sees my horrified expression, bringing me back to reality. Miraculously, I manage not to have a nervous breakdown throughout the duration of the film but I won't be forgetting about it anytime soon.

"Well, that was fun. How about some stories?" Seungcheol suggests. Everyone shares their funniest tales filling the room with laughter, soon it's my turn.

"So Cami. Have you got any dirt on Seungkwan?" I'm sure Joshua is speaking for everyone when he asks.Β 

"Trust me, I do."Β 

After racking my brain, I think of the perfect embarrassing childhood story about my dear friend Seungkwan.

"Well. One time, out of nowhere, little Seungkwan decided he wanted to wear the same clothes as me. So he somehow convinced him and my mum to take us dress shopping. We went around in matching dresses for a week. I'm not saying you don't look good in a dress Seungkwan, but I don't think frilly baby pink suits you."Β 

No one can hold in the tears of laughter after I'm done, but Seungkwan already has a comeback prepared.

"Well. One time, little Cami decided she didn't really want to take a bath. So before her mum put her in she ran out the bathroom and out her house into the street, . She probably wouldn't have gotten as far as she did if it wasn't summer. So the whole neighbourhood searched around for an hour and I found little Cami up the tree in my backyard."

This now becomes a challenge between me and Seungkwan to see who can out-embarrass the other. At the end of the day, none of us win as 12 other people now know things we kept between each other to keep our prides intact.

After we both give in, a game of truth or dare develops. I don't dare underestimate the tasks that 13 boys can come up with so I go mostly truth.

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

"No."

"Have you ever had a boyfriend?"

"No."

"Do you plan on getting a boyfriend?"

"No. Also that's 3 questions and I'm sensing a theme. Are you trying to suggest something, Jun?"

"Nah." He shrugs "Just curious."

"Well, between being a recluse and going to an all girls school, I never really had a chance to date. How about you guys, have any of you dated?"

The majority of people in the room raise their hands. "Look at you guys, getting the ladies." I playfully wink. "Of course your hand isn't up Seungkwan, who'd date you?"

"If you didn't roast me every chance you got, that would be great." He sighs.

"But where's the fun in that?" I bop his nose before he swats my hand away.

"It's not like they were serious relationships, and we're not dating anymore." Β Wonwoo informs me.

"Well then we can all be single losers together."

As the game progresses more ridiculous questions and dares are answered and completed. When it's my turn again I decide 'why not?' and choose dare. Since it's Chan giving me my task, he can't do much damage.

"Hmm." He thinks. "I can't think of anything, so Seungkwan-hyung can do it."

Crap.

Without hesitation, Seungkwan brings out a slim rectangular box of Pepero.

Crap.

He spins the box inside our circle and the top end points towards Soonyoung when it stops.

Crap.

"The pepero has to be less than 3cm or you're both getting mayonnaise in your hair."

CRAP.

Soonyoung and I look at each other with the same fear in our eyes. I sigh and take a deep breath. "Ok, let's go. There's no way I'm getting mayonnaise in my hair. It takes me long enough to wash it normally."

"Same." Jeonghan comments.

Seungkwan hands me one of the sticks, at least it's strawberry.

I take one end, Soonyoung takes the other and slowly we work our way to the middle. I close my eyes and focus on the sweet berry flavour instead of panicking about how dangerously close our lips are.Β 

It feels like we're seconds away from kissing when Seungkwan finally tells us to stop. Soonyoung hands what's left of the stick to him. He uses a ruler to measure it.

"2.5cm. Wow, you guys even went the extra mile." Seungkwan teases.

"Shut up before I wring your neck. I'm just glad that's over."

I see Soonyoung's red face.

"Not that anyone wouldn't want to kiss you!"

He goes even redder.

"Not that I want to kiss you!"

Even redder still.

"You should probably stop before you break him." Seokmin laughs. I hide my face in my hands.

Crap.

Β 

The night winds down after that. We all wish each other goodnight before going to our respective dorms. No one wastes anytime climbing into their bed and that includes me.Β 

So, I snuggle under my sheets, ready for a good night's sleep, until I see a long spindly hand out the window. It's probably just a tree branch.

Or a hand coming to drag me out of bed, hang me on a hook by the nostrils and spill my guts like red jelly. Damn that stupid movie.

I drop out of my bed onto the floor and crawl towards Seungkwan.Β 

"Hey." I tap him gently. "Can I sleep with you?"Β 

"Was it the movie?" He asks. I nod.Β 
Β 
"Fine, come in." I pull myself up into the bed and settle next to him, lying back to back. "You didn't have to watch it if you were going to get scared, you know. We could have watched something else."

"I know."

Ignoring the embarrassment I'll probably face tomorrow, I feel safe sleeping next to my best friend again for the first time in ages.

"Goodnigh, Cami." He mumbles sleepily.

"Goodnight, Seungkwan."