A Little Hope For The Faint Hearted

Smoking Mirrors

Baekhyun was quite at a loss of what to do; he had never that many friends, mostly colleagues, so dealing with Junmyeon had proven quite the task and he tried his best to do whatever he could in order to get the older man out of the funk that he had inadvertently put himself in, meaning that it was nearly a week that he had last seen Luhan and Junmyeon was slowly but surely losing his mind because the blond didn’t even replied his texts or answer his calls. Junmyeon didn’t like that.

Truth to be told, the small man thought that Luhan, while being a little extreme, what Luhan was doing might actually be the final straw, the final push that Junmyeon needed to act upon whatever he was feeling. Baekhyun knew that Junmyeon felt something for Luhan, something that surpassed the barrier of just physical attraction, Junmyeon’s little stares and touches were a clear indicator but Baekhyun felt that it was still something indescribable, at least for now.

It was kind of difficult for him, as a friend of Junmyeon, someone who had been ever so kind and supportive towards him, like this, so down and almost a shadow of himself; the older man tried hard to make it seem like it was nothing but Baekhyun had caught him far too many times looking at his phone or running towards the door whenever someone knocked. Also, he could vaguely see the traces of the forced and fake cheerfulness when Junmyeon let his guard down.

He wasn’t quite aware of what had transpired between the two of them, he didn’t dare to ask Junmyeon a second time, after the first attempt: Sehun, ever the bold man, had vocalized the question, ended in a sobbing Junmyeon. Also, it was quite hard to find Luhan and ask him, he knew that the man was okay, Yixing had told him as much but actually seeing Luhan had become harder than most of the things on Baekhyun short bucket list. One thing it was for sure, Luhan was very hurt and Junmyeon didn’t know what to do.

All in all, it was a mess of a situation and neither Baekhyun nor Sehun knew how to help except to distract Junmyeon from his own feeling by keeping him occupied, asking the man to help them study for their exams, or at least Baekhyun, because Sehun, who was majoring in Digital Arts had already finished his theoretical portion, his written exams, and he only had to focus into delivering some portfolios to some of his teachers meaning he spent a lot of time at Junmyeon’s, near Baekhyun, eyebrows furrowed in concentration while he looked at his computer screen, expertly doing whatever he did with those crafty computer programs. Baekhyun on the other hand devoured text after text on his books, trying to absorb as much of information as possible, highlight marker on one hand and pencil on the other, scribbling notes furiously on the margins of his gigantic books. The franticness and tiring exam period they were going through was proving to be an excellent ally into pulling Junmyeon away from his depressive thoughts, letting him focus on the two younger man and about nurturing them, which was not an easy task since Sehun had headache upon headache due to too much time in front of his laptop and Baekhyun constantly fell asleep on top of his books, tired beyond belief, with work, studies and classes, neglecting even food sometimes and, more often than not, earning him some scolding from everyone, and literally everyone, even relaxed and cool Yifan had told him to take better care of himself once, when he and Kyungsoo had dinner with them, baby Tao perched adorably on Baekhyun’s lap.

Things were a bit better for Baekhyun thankfully, easier maybe, ever since Sehun kissed him and, afterwards, they had a talk about their current situation straightening up their relationship, therefore there was a clarity and a sense of calmness in him that allowed him to comfort Junmyeon better despite all the minor stress factors.

He and Sehun had sat together, much later after Luhan had gone out but less when it came to putting Junmyeon to bed, letting the tired and confused man sleep away. Baekhyun couldn’t really ignore the thumping in his heart, the wild rhythm that had set itself inside his ribcage.

“So…” began Sehun “We kissed!”

Baekhyun wanted to laugh at the awkwardness of the situation, more so at the way that Sehun had started this conversation but he managed no to, he really didn’t think it was appropriate.

“We did.”

“I don’t know it I should feel elated or embarrassed or even sorry…” said Sehun softly but vehemently to a Baekhyun that remained silent. “Tell me what should I feel about this? I hate to put pressure on you and make you feel as if you have to make a decision but the truth is that I don’t know where to stand with you, I don’t know how to act with you. I am forcing myself to maintain a distance from you, because I am certain that it is far more comfortable for you but, at the same time, I just want to kiss you and hold you, touch you and feel you touching me, I miss your kisses and your gentleness and the way you listen to me even when you are tired and want to rest, the way you smile that is enough to light up the whole world. I miss making love to you! To feel connected to you in such an impossible level that it feels as if we are one. I miss all of you and you are right next to me.”

Baekhyun blushed hard, he certainly wasn’t expecting to hear such passionate declaration on Sehun’s part; he had courted him in sweet ways, regaining the smaller’s trust but he mostly had kept more honest words, like these, to himself, and hearing them like this, had stunned him a little. More so when Sehun stood up from the couch, kneeling in front of him and wrapping his arms around his waist and leaning his head against Baekhyun’s stomach, closing him eyes.

“Please, please! I don’t want to do this anymore. I don’t want to stay next to you and pretend, not show to you and the whole world that I love you. I do love you, I never stopped loving you! So, please, just send me on my way or take me back, love me again! Take me back. Please, I am begging you.”

Sehun; Sehun was young, very bubbly, very sweet and sometimes docile, he also was spoiled rotten, since he had always been the youngest at home and in their relationship but he always had seen him as much more than that, as a man, as a lover, an attentive, loyal and protective lover, despite their altercations; Sehun was someone that gave love in huge amounts as long as he liked someone and Baekhyun had been no exception, and the smaller had never stopped loving Sehun, sure he had been hurt by the other’s obliviousness and sometimes his negligence but he loved him. How could he not?

Was it fair of him to simply roll Sehun behind him, who poured his love into tiny gestures and sweet words, indefinitely without giving him an answer? To perpetuate his feelings of hope and despair without doing anything? It really wasn’t and Baekhyun only become aware of what he had been doing now, when Sehun’s words and reality made him stop and think a little. He wasn’t cruel, he had never been cruel and his own behavior shocked him a little.

However, the real epiphany was the fact that he had someone, in front of him, who openly loved him, who had beg for forgiveness and prove himself time and time again and Baekhyun wasn’t acknowledging him, doing exactly the same it had been done to him and, sooner or later, if he didn’t wake up, he was going to end up losing him. The thought alone was enough to make Baekhyun move when he felt Sehun shifting, and pulling him back to the present time.

“No!” he said to Sehun, in panic, thinking that the man was going to leave him.

“Baekhyun?” asked Sehun with raised eyebrows, confused at the other’s behavior.

“Don’t go! Don’t leave me. I miss you too. I love you too!” he confessed hurriedly, the words tumbling out of his mouth in a quick succession. “I didn’t mean to ignore you or putting your through this; it wasn’t my intention…I had so much in my mind that I completely neglected your feelings. I never really doubted them, I know you love me I just…I just acted wrongly towards you I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I’m so so…”

Sehun didn’t really allow him to finish, opting for kissing him deeply once, twice, many, many times, over and over again, savoring the taste that he had so sorely missed. It had been hungry and desperate kisses, followed by some wandering hands that were rekindling with the still familiar bodies. It didn’t go much further, both of them knowing that it was still the beginning of their story, the turning of a page in favor of starting a new chapter, along with the downright negativity that was still in the air thanks to Luhan and Junmyeon.

“I love you.” Mumbled Sehun into his neck, completely entwined with Baekhyun who ran his hands rhythmically on Sehun’s hair.

“I love you too. I have always loved you.”

They stood in silence, basking in the comfort of the restart of their relationship, familiarizing again with each other, when Sehun asked him that question.

“What about Minseok? I am not trying to spoil the moment and I am not trying to pressure you but…I also love him. Despite everything, despite his temper and what he done, I love him!”

Baekhyun hummed, he was expecting the question but he didn’t wish to answer it; he loved Minseok but the man had hurt him so, so much. Baekhyun felt little and unloved, he felt so lonely, a feeling he wasn’t expecting from Minseok.

“I don’t know. I wish I had a proper answer to give you. I do love him but…I never want to feel like that again. Luhan said that I should prioritize myself and my feelings and what he done…I am afraid.” explained Baekhyun looking into Sehun’s eyes, trying to convey his feelings.

“Afraid?” asked Sehun, hand Baekhyun’s smooth cheek.

“What if he does the same thing? What if I am not enough? What if my paranoia with working and studying makes him snap again? What if he doesn’t want to deal with someone as messed up and insecure as I am? I still love Minseok, he is someone really special in my life; he gave himself and you to me but I am so scared that he finds out that I am not what he wants. That suddenly he sees that I am really not that worthy and goes away? And then what? Sehun, I don’t want to go through that, I am so scared.”

Baekhyun really was scared, deeply afraid that Minseok would do the same as they everyone did: see him as a boy who wasn’t worth loving…his parents and his grandmother didn’t, so maybe other people might think the same.

Sehun seemed to realized, soon enough, what Baekhyun’s problem was, he surely could’ve seen the insecurity in his eyes, and the shorter of the two knew he wasn’t really hiding it.

“Baek, I can’t speak much for Minseok, and I admit that I am still a little pissed at him because his attitude was really the worst, but he did love you, he does love you. He was the one who saw you once and approached you; he always told me you were beautiful. He found me handsome but in his eyes, you were always beautiful and I remember him saying that you caught his eyes because while you didn’t smile, you had the gentlest eyes he had ever seen. And then we met you and you were everything and more than we hoped. We never actively looked for somebody to enter a relationship with us; I was even adamant against it, I didn’t believe I could be happier than I was already but that was such a lie, you completed us in a way that I didn’t know it was possible. And he does love you, if he didn’t love you he wouldn’t search for you, especially at the hospital. He knew someone was hurt and he went because he thought it might have been you. He cares and he loves you deeply he is just bad at saying it and, not to excuse him but, he does love you, he was just stupid and you need to talk with him. I am not saying that you have to forgive him but at least clear the things up with him. Even if you don’t rekindle your relationship, at least you get answers, he speaks his mind and you’ll both do everything you had to do, you’ll feel lighter. Whatever will be, will be.”

“What about you and Minseok?” asked Baekhyun snuggling into Sehun’s warmth, his eyes closing in contentment, appreciating the other’s words and agreeing to it: it would give him some peace of mind; he just needed to find the right time to do it, preferably soon so that he wouldn’t suffer from anxiety before his exams.

“I will solve myself with him after, only after you talk with him. Then according to what transpires between you two, I’ll make my move. “Sehun looked over at his tiny boyfriend and how good it felt to say it again, and kissed him softly, gazing adoringly at the sight of sleepy eyes beginning to close, feeling tired of the busy day “Everything will be alright.”

With a kiss and a snuggle, a long snuggle, to the point that they both fell asleep on the couch, their night was gone and yet, still a problem remained, one that they were sure how to solve, and that problem was Junmyeon.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Junmyeon was feeling down and it was all Luhan’s fault: it was Luhan’s fault that he kissed him; it was his fault for leaving and not letting him explain, it was his fault for simply disappearing as he did and not answering his calls, his texts and not given them an opportunity to solve things out. Also, Junmyeon blamed him for simply being truthful and just tell him all the things that he fought so hard to keep in the dark: Junmyeon knew it was very selfish of him, impossibly selfish even but the curiosity and the wish of some sort of reconciliation with Luhan spoke louder.

He didn’t dare to go to his brother, although he was quite sure that Chanyeol knew about what was happening and, for once, decided that Junmyeon deserved a break from Jongdae’s ire; Junmyeon was quite certain that his brother would maim him for being, once again, rather obtuse and screwing things with Luhan.

Kyungsoo, well Kyungsoo pretty much snorted in his face and told him to man up and admit to Luhan that there was something brewing between then and to not be a snobby little person who demanded answers when people didn’t want to give them; he had been short, to the point and quite rude, Junmyeon appreciated the frankness not so much the tone of voice used by Kyungsoo but, as Yifan lately explained him, Kyungsoo had been working overtime for a while to manage some days off on a row for them to go on a trip to China to visit Yifan’s mother.

Yifan had been uncharacteristically supportive telling him to think deeply about the problem and the ways that could solve it, then again, Junmyeon thought later on, those were probably the words he used on his little students but since it applied to the situation, Junmyeon chose to see them as encouraging words.

Yixing and Jongin had been a little hidden from him these last few days but Junmyeon they were probably counseling and handling a wild Luhan at the moment, being his safety net, which comforted him because he knew that the other man was not alone during all of this, whatever ‘this’ was.

He mostly chose to rely and fall back onto Baekhyun since it was someone who he was comfortable with and someone that had some wisdom to spare; the younger male had surpassed a lot of hardships and had good advises despite the fact that he wasn’t the most socially apt person, if Junmyeon had to explain he would say that the other’s rational part of the brain, the one he used more often than not, allow him to see everything from an objective point of view, which than allow him to put things in perspective and give good advises.

He appreciated the younger’s efforts in taking care of him, assuring that Junmyeon lived and took care of himself, reminding him how to do so, so that Junmyeon didn’t spend much time obsessing over what went wrong, what to say to Luhan or even where to look for him.

“There will be one moment were the right course of action, we the right thing to do will occur to you and you will know it when you come up with it.” Had told him Baekhyun one night, after dinner, with a lazy, half asleep Sehun with his head on his lap while the smaller studied. “Don’t try and force a reaction out of yourself because then you’ll only sever the relationship further and Luhan decides to cut off ties.”

Well, it certainly had brought things up to perspective, Baekhyun had a point, Luhan was the kind of person that the more you push, the more he backed away, he wasn’t the kind of person that you could try and making do what he didn’t want to, he was elusive and wild and Junmyeon envied and loved that wildness and the freedom that the man seem to possess.

But Junmyeon was also human and he missed Luhan, not having the man’s presence around him, like he had grown used to; Luhan had become a regular, permanent fixture around Junmyeon and it was almost like losing a pet or a family member, the feeling at least, it was the coming home and not having someone waiting for you, it was trying to text someone and remembering that you couldn’t, it’s looking at something and thinking that that person would’ve like to see it too.

Junmyeon missed being taken care of and having someone reliable to guide him a little whenever he needed, Junmyeon was perfectly aware that he was not the most astute person out there he was rather innocent and he needed someone to give him some guidance and to teach him some things that his parents didn’t, that his rigid and schedule childhood didn’t allow him to. He kind of needed Luhan but there was always that little nagging voice at the back of his mind asking him constantly what did he know about Luhan.

He didn’t know much about the man and what he knew pleased him immensely: Luhan was a dancer, Luhan was very intelligent and had a background perhaps similar to his, since their parents were wealthy and owned a company, he knew that Luhan was kind and supportive, a very good listener and very caring and protective but while his heart screamed at him that that was more than enough, that Luhan could be the person to fill that little gap on his heart that was reserved for love but his head was warning him to be prudent, to know Luhan better and be sure that he wasn’t heading for another heart break, that he wasn’t going to be surprised if Luhan turned to be someone he wasn’t expecting.

Plus, now that he saw Baekhyun with Sehun his heart ached more, how could he not when he saw the little actions between them? They weren’t blatantly obvious; he knew that Baekhyun and Sehun were trying to be discreet so as not to upset him, Baekhyun had actually said as much to him, one night where Junmyeon was revising some scripts on his computer and Baekhyun just snuggled up to him, a familiar enough just that still caught Junmyeon by surprise because that was usually what Sehun was for, when he was here of course, Baekhyun had become a master had organizing his time and making sure that he had time for everyone, either friend or boyfriend, since he was deadly afraid of committing the same mistake that Minseok had accused him of, even though he still worked as many shifts has he could to pay for his many expenses. Both Sehun and Junmyeon had already make it clear that it didn’t bothered them that he worked so much but they mainly kept quiet because they saw how pleased the man was with his own efforts and how happy he was that he spent time with two of the three pillars of his life at the moment, the third being Chanyeol, who had best friend privileges. Junmyeon was inclined to think that Baekhyun also included Jongin in that list but he wasn’t sure, the two had become close lately.

But Junmyeon, despite the loneliness he felt when he saw the two of them together was also very happy for the way that Baekhyun had coming more and more out of his shell, supported by his friend.

It was heartwarming to see them though; Sehun had a habit of snuggling up to Baekhyun, although when Baekhyun was extremely tired the roles were inverted, he also back hugged the smaller male a lot and squeezed the heck out of the tiny male, making him squeal in delight, affection clearly patent on their faces. There were a few stolen kisses here and there but Junmyeon didn’t catch a lot of those and the two spent more time studying and working on their projects than doing anything else.

One day, Baekhyun was having dinner with Junmyeon, both looking a little tired after a long day of work, and if Junmyeon was perfectly true, and thinking about himself and Luhan while he should’ve been sleeping, Baekhyun told announced him that after much thinking, he would be talking to Minseok soon.

“Are you talking to him alone or Sehun will be there too?” asked Junmyeon cautiously trying not to alienate Baekhyun who was nervous enough, he could tell.

“I am not sure yet, on one side I am not sure if Sehun wants to hear the bitter part and be there for that conversation, which I honestly don’t want him to hear either. I think that if he does he will think that he has to pick a side and I know that he love us both, I don’t want him to feel that this is a thing where he has to pick sides. On the other hand, I want him to be there because this concerns him too, Minseok is still a very big part of our lives and I don’t want to hide what is going to be said from him.” explained Baekhyun while fidgeting with his chopsticks.

“You’ll leave him to decide?”

“Yes, I already told him that he can take whatever position he feels the most comfortable with.”

“You know that he will choose to be with you regardless of what you say? Give him some credit and don’t shelter him. If he hears something he doesn’t like, well…it is a chance and he has got to realize that. However, I do hope that the three of you can come to terms with everything. Do you know what you are going to say?”

“I think I will hear him first and then say something about it. Now that the dust has settled down a little, it is wiser to just solve it rather sooner than later. The situation is stressful enough to leave me anxious and I feel that I can’t concentrate in my studies. My finals are coming, they are next week, and while I said I wanted to do them first, I hear a voice at the back of my mind, constantly plaguing me to fix things; not only for me but for Sehun and Minseok too.” replied the man with a small smile.

“I feel like there is something more to this conversation than you’re telling me…”

“There is nothing more, really.” denied Baekhyun, shaking his head “I just felt I had to tell, you. I don’t know why but it felt important that I did.”

Junmyeon got it, he really did. In his life Baekhyun never had someone who would care about what he did, the only person who did wasn’t really in good health condition that he would do it frequently, and Junmyeon cared, he asked and listen, gave advice and cuddles when needed, with a smile on his face and a warm touch; and the Baekhyun was answering to that like a child would, by basking in the care and reassuring himself that he was still wanted by Junmyeon, that Junmyeon will still care for him.

Junmyeon nodded his head, hiding a small smile from Baekhyun, not that the other noticed busy eating before he went back to studying; Sehun, for once, being at home probably sleeping a little since he hadn’t much sleep last night, trying to fix a problem on one of his projects.

“Have you heard anything about Luhan?” asked Junmyeon casually trying to figure out some stuff about the missing man from Baekhyun, although he was perfectly aware that he was being very obvious, especially when Baekhyun looked at him with raised eyebrows.

“Jongin says that Luhan spends a lot of time with Yixing, I haven’t really seen him otherwise. “he answered slowly, slightly unsure if that was the answer that what Junmyeon had been expecting.

“Is he okay?”

“He is doing okay. He is a little down, not as lively but he is fine. Yixing has been supporting him and giving him advice I think. I really don’t know much, Jongdae might know more.”

“Jongdae knows what’s happening?”

“Yeah, he knows almost everything about everyone, which is kind of scary because sometimes I feel like your brother has some kind of jedi powers and that intimidates me.”

Junmyeon laughed out loud at the words proffered by Baekhyun; that had been something that he had learned about Baekhyun: the younger was very funny even when he wasn’t trying to but that only happened if was comfortable with his audience. He didn’t do it on purpose most of the time, he was just funny and Junmyeon just loved the boy to pieces.

“What?” asked Baekhyun completely disorientated looking over at Junmyeon and trying to understand what had made the other laugh so much.

“Nothing.” Appeased Junmyeon with a pat on the other’s fluffy hair, gaining a moan from Baekhyun, claiming that he had an headache, which was not that rare since Baekhyun seemed to be prone to have migraines, especially if he was tired and slept too little. Junmyeon had grown worried in the beginning and talk about it to Kyungsoo who, after a checkup on the younger boy, prescribed him pills suited for migraine pains, plenty of water and a lot of sleep

“Go and sleep it off, I’ll take care of the dishes.”

“I have to study.”

“You’ll study tomorrow.” Chided Junmyeon softly but with a stern face. “You have dark eye bags that reach the tip of your nose, just rest for now. If you don’t rest you’ll not be concentrated enough to learn nor to do your exams.”

Baekhyun seemed ready to argue, he could be obstinate when it came to his study but the look on Junmyeon’s face and the fact that Baekhyun hold the upmost respect for the man, stopped him from doing so, nodding in reply.

He got up from his chair, placing his dish on the sink and he was almost ready to leave when, in a complete sweet gesture that left Junmyeon speechless, he turned around to hug him, pressing himself tightly to Junmyeon’s back and pressing a small, innocent kiss on the older’s nape, a sign of trust and affection.

Although Baekhyun was shy to human contact, he very rarely initiated these affectionate gestures without have a prompt of someone else or without a motive; right now, the fact that he had choose to hug Junmyeon out of the blue just showed that the younger was slowly improving and coming out of his shell and becoming more comfortable in his own skin, which was perfect.

Junmyeon turned to kiss the smaller on the forehead telling him again to go and sleep to fight of the migraine that was brewing inside the other’s smart as heck head.

Baekhyun acquiesced to the request and left soon after leaving Junmyeon alone with his thoughts and dirty dishes. Junmyeon stood for a while watching the other leave and the noises he made when getting ready for some well-deserved rest. The younger male was someone that had a permanent place on Junmyeon’s heart for the sweetness and integrity that he possessed and he was also kind of envious about the way that Baekhyun seemed to be so more resolute than he was, tackling his problems one by one, head on and solving them. Of course, sometimes, he had to be a little coaxed and oriented but he never cowered, even when he didn’t want to, which was something that Junmyeon struggles to do: having the courage to face his problems.

He thought about Luhan again, like he had done practically all of the time in these past days, as if he could really think of something else. He missed Luhan, so much, it was frustrating and left him feeling bitter, and wanting that immense void he felt to just go away. But how to make Luhan come back when the other was so reluctant to talk to him? How to make him understand that he was a little confused and how to make him understand that he was so afraid of letting himself go because he was hurt by his ex? He had told that to Luhan but did Luhan really understood how deep his thoughts and general feelings about this situation but he was now, as he washed dishes, that while he had explained, he had done it so superficially that he realized that Luhan didn’t really know about the permanent conflict between his heart and his mind. Why didn’t he? What was stopping him from speaking his mind and heart to the male?

The more he thought about it, the more irregular his breathing became. It was as if all this situation has reached its breaking point and Junmyeon had to either act or declare insanity because he couldn’t literally stand this situation anymore.

He suddenly released the dishes in the sink, making them hit the water that splashed in shirt and soaked them and searched for his cellphone, his need for Luhan screaming louder than anything else. He dialed a now familiar number and waited for the warm voice to speak to him.

Hello? Junmyeon?”

“Yixing, hi!” greeted quickly, his anxiety raising exponentially and threatening to suffocate him “Can you please, please pass the phone to Luhan?”

There was an awful silence from the other side of the line before Yixing soothing voice came up again, cautious and low.

Junmyeon, I don’t think...”

“No!” interrupted Junmyeon “Don’t say that, please, please, let me talk to him. I want to talk to him, just let me. Please Yixing!”

Yixing seemed to be hesitant and he could almost see Luhan, perhaps Jongin too on his side, inside the office on El Dorado, ready to open to public, looking at Luhan, who was probably shaking his head while listening to the conversation telling him no, that he didn’t want to talk to Junmyeon, Jongin watching serenely, while Yixing looked probably really torn, not knowing what to do.

“Please, Yixing, I got to talk to him! I have to talk to him; I need to talk to him. I am going crazy and this is my desperation showing! I just sent Baekhyun to rest and I was left with my thoughts and I think I am going crazy, just…please.”

There was a pause and a prolonged silence from the other side of the line, accompanied by a little scuffle sound and hushed voices that Junmyeon couldn’t quite understand.

What do you want, Junmyeon?” came Luhan’s tired voice from the other side of the line and damn if hearing it didn’t alleviate the weight on Junmyeon’s chest, making him breathe a little bit better.

“Luhan!” he called in a whisper, relieved to hear him speaking to him, that voice that he craved to hear, so warm despite everything.

Yes? Yixing said it was important! Are you okay?”

He still cared and he still worried himself about Junmyeon and his stomach twirled and fluttered: the best of the feelings.

“No, Luhan, I am not. I am not okay and I need to talk to you. I am sorry for making you think that this was an emergency. It is, for me at least, but not some case of dying or living. I…We need to talk Luhan, please! Don’t say no. I want to talk to you and fix everything between Luhan! Please, I need you! I need you to hear me out and what I have to say. Baekhyun said I knew what to do when the time arrived and I thought I did but everything is coming to my brain real fast and I just want to talk to you! Please, please, please!”

It was pure desperation, Junmyeon was pretty begging Luhan but he had to, he had to talk to the blond male and fix things with him. He wanted Luhan in his life and he had to fight for it, he had to do something! This was it, this was what he needed to do; he understood now Baekhyun’s words.

But Luhan was saying nothing and Junmyeon was ready to start sobbing, his eyes tearing a little, afraid that he had taken too long to act and Luhan had nothing more to do with him.

Then, he heard it, that sole word, spoken in a calm, clear voice that dissipated all his anxiety, filled his heart and made it sing, elevating his spirits and giving him that hope he needed.

 

 

 

Okay.”

 

 

 

 

A/N: Surprise, I don't think anyone was expecting an update this early, considering how irregular I have been doing it. I had a little extra time this week, which really means that I didn't have as much work as usual and took the time to write a little, hence why I finished faster than normal. Also, my writer's block have been better. I have a lot to thank to my amazing friend Sehunshi who bounced a few ideas back and forth with me and helped me a lot (LOVE YOU!).
This chapter was more of an interlude of what is coming on the next chapter: Luhan and Junmyeon's conversation, which will be very revealing, I will tell you that, we will learn a lot about Luhan!
Regarding this chapter, Sehun and Baek had a spotlight moment and it was darn cute! Also, Junmyeon getting a little love and cuddles! What are you all thinking? Was it cute? What do you think you are going to find out? Comment and let me know about it, I appreaciate it, it makes me happy!
I want to thank all of those who have been sending messages because of my friends, unfortunately, I still don't have good news, he is still in an induced coma because every time they lower the dosage of his medicine, he convulses, which...not good! I am trying to remain positive!
As always, stay healthy and safe, love and be loved and be extremely HAPPY!
Love you all, 
<3