Artificial Heart (TaeJin)

Bangtan Boys One Shot Collections


Jin woke up with sweat all over him, his shirt was soaked with his sweat and so is his pillow. He sits up and turns on the table lamp that was on the dresser next to his bed. He sighs. This is the third time this week he was woken up, sweaty, hot and his heart was thumping like crazy. He gets out of his bed to the kitchen to get a glass of water. He grabs the glass that was on the counter and filled it with cold water from the fridge, he leans on the counter and gulps down the water. Jin was panting really heavily and he knows that something sure is wrong. His sixth sense is telling him that something is going to happen, somewhere but he didn’t know what. Jin just sighs and brush it off, for now, he needed sleep and that’s what he’s going to do. He washes the empty glass and puts it back into the cupboard. He walks slowly back to the bedroom and lies down gently, not wanting to wake up the fluff ball next to him.

“What is it babe?” Taehyung asked when he felt Jin climbing back into the bed.

“Did I wake you up?” Jin got shocked. “I’m so sorry my baby.” He said and hugs Taehyung.

“You’re having nightmares again?” Taehyung asked while cuddling into Jin’s embrace. He inhales gently, he really like the scent of the older male that is holding him tightly.

“Don’t worry about it.” Jin said and Taehyung’s hair gently. “It’s probably just stress from work.”

“Tomorrow is a big day.” Taehyung said. “It’ll be fine after tomorrow.”

“Yeah…” Jin mumbles and slowly drifted back to sleep. He felt safe now with Taehyung in his embrace. Both of them have been a relationship since high school. Jin graduated first and went off to university but that did not affect their relationship. They were only in the same university for one semester and again, Jin graduated first and went working. He got an apartment and now Taehyung had moved out of his dorm to live with him. Taehyung is still interning for his final year in university while Jin is already working and he was financially stable. He is already able to provide for Taehyung and he had already made up his mind to propose to Taehyung once he graduates.

Jin woke up the next morning with Taehyung already gone to work. He knew immediately that it was a Tuesday because Taehyung has morning shifts every Tuesday. Taehyung was interning at the hospital nearby and he has said that he wanted to be a doctor once he graduates. He gets up slowly and walks to the bathroom to wash up. He then walks to the kitchen and he laughs. Taehyung has made coffee and the kitchen was a mess. Jin knew that Taehyung was a black hole when it comes to cooking but he even made a mess just to make a sandwich. Jin heats up the coffee and cleans the kitchen. He then proceeds to make his own breakfast and he was ready for work. Today is a really important date, either he gets promoted, or he gets nothing at all. It was the monthly assessment and he was promised a promotion if he performed well during the meeting. He goes to the closet and he smiles, Taehyung had already prepared his suit for him. He picks it up and he smirks, well, Taehyung is the fashionista and he’s chosen the best one of all.

Jin got ready and he took a deep breath. He walks to his car and he drove to the company. He got in and went to his office.

“Morning Manager Kim.” Namjoon appeared at the door. “Or should I say Director Kim.”

“Shut it Namjoon.” Jin laughed. “It’s not confirmed yet.” He said.

“Stop being so modest.” Namjoon said. “Everyone knows, Jin.” He pats Jin’s back. “Everyone knows that you are getting that promotion.”

Jin smiles and shook his head. “Not if I mess it up.”

“You won’t.” Namjoon smiled. “We know you won’t.”

Jin got ready for his presentation and he is nervous. He checks his presentation slides and he sighs, everything is going smoothly so far. After a few minutes, the meeting room was full. He presented his presentation smoothly, full of confidence and perfect. He let out a sigh of relief when it was all over.  Everyone applaud and Jin smiles.

“Well done Manager Kim.” Their president said. “I am impressed.”

“Thank you sir.” Jin bowed.

“Well then, just as all of you have known, Jin has been working with us for quite some time now.” The president said. “And he is extremely devoted to his job. So, I have made my decision. Congratulations Jin, you are promoted as our Director.”

Everyone applaud for Jin. Jin smiles and he bows again. “Thank you sir. I promise I will work harder in the future.”

The meeting dismissed and everyone went back to their jobs. Jin walked back to his office and he sits on his chair. He looks around, he is going to move to another office and he will miss it here.  He picks up his phone and dialled Taehyung’s number. He wants to tell him the good news. The phone rang for quite a while but no one answers the phone. Jin shrugged; Taehyung probably silenced his phone as he needs to work. Jin went back to work and completely forgot to call Taehyung again. Jin worked until late without realizing that it was long past dinner time. By the time he looked up, it was already half past nine. He gasps and he began to pack up. He drove home and went searching for Taehyung.

“Taetae?” He called for Taehyung. “Taehyung?” Still no answer. He walked around the house, looking for Taehyung but he is nowhere to be seen. He pulled out his phone just to realize that his phone was already out of battery. He charged his phone immediately and turns it on. He was shocked to see that there were more than ten missed calls from Jimin, Taehyung’s best friend. He called back and Jimin answers in the first few rings.

“Hey Jimin. Sorry my phone died.”

“Jin hyung.” Jimin sounded serious. “Taehyung’s down.”

“WHAT?” Jin asked. “What happened?”

“His heart…” Jimin’s voice began to tremble. “His heart…”

“No Jimin.” Jin stood up. “No…”

“The doctor said he’s not going to make it.” Jimin began sobbing.

“I’ll be right there.” Jin said. “Stay close to Taehyung, don’t leave him.” He said and hangs up. He took off his tie and blazer and grabs his keys. He drove to the hospital that Taehyung works. Taehyung joked before saying that him working in that hospital means that he can get his regular checkups done easier too.  He ran straight to wherever Jimin was and he saw Jimin crying.

“Hyung.” Jimin looked at him with his puffy eyes. “Hyung….”

“It’s okay Jimin.” Jin sounded sad. “It will be fine.”

Jimin shook his head. “Not this time.”

Jin knew this was coming. Taehyung has a weak heart since he was born. There were holes in his heart and he could never do sports. Jin started crying. He had been taking care of Taehyung every time he gets weak. The doctors have told Jin many times to be prepared as Taehyung could collapse any time.

“There must be a way.” Jin said, not giving up. “There must be a way.”

“There is.” Jimin said and Jin looks at him. “The doctor said there is a way, but it’s dangerous.”

Jin sighs. He asks Jimin to go back home to have some rests first, then only come back when he is calmed down. Jimin can see that Jin is actually really worried about Taehyung but he is just trying to be calm. He didn’t want Jimin to worry about him. Jimin went home and Jin went to have a talk with Taehyung’s doctor.

“Jin…” Doctor Jung said. “You have to know that it is really dangerous.”

“Jimin said you said that there is a way to save Taehyung.” Jin said. “What is it?”

“Jin… We have no idea if it’s going to work or not. It’s a newly developed technology.”

“Please doctor.”

“No Jin.” Doctor Jung said. “No way. What if his body rejected it? He will die!”

Jin kept quiet. He know that the risk is high, but even if there is a little success rate, he really want to try it. Doctor Jung told Jin that in order to save Taehyung, a heart transplant surgery has to be done. There is a new technology that was developed that the heart can be replaced with an artificial heart. The only risk is Taehyung’s body is weak now, having an artificial heart transplant into him now would mean killing him.

“What if…” Jin said slowly.

“I can see it in your eyes Jin. No.” Doctor Jung said sternly.

“That will be a whole lot safer than the artificial heart, right?”

“But what about you Jin?” Doctor Jung raises his voice. “What about you?”

“I am healthier than Taehyung. I can withstand the surgery.”

“Jin…”

“Doctor please.” Jin begged. “Please.”


Jimin walked slowly towards one of the ward room and he sighs. He bit his lower lips and he pushes open the door. His eyes darted to the man that was lying on the bed, he walked slowly towards him and he sat down. He grabs the male’s hand and he sighs again.

“Why are you so dumb?” He said. Tears had been forming in his eyes and he wipes them away. “Taehyung will not like this when he knows about it.”

Jin was lying on the hospital bed, unconscious. There were tubes connected to his mouth to deliver oxygen, IV tubes were on his hands, his heartbeat was slower than usual.

“You stupid hyung.” Jimin held back his tears. “How could you…”

Jimin stood up and he sniffed. He took a deep breath and he walks out of the room. He heads towards another ward room and he walks in. It was Taehyung’s room. Taehyung too was still unconscious after the surgery. Jimin sat down beside Taehyung’s bed, he grabs his hands and he sighs again.

“Taehyung ah…” Jimin called him, hoping he could hear him. “You know Jin hyung did a really stupid thing.” He said. “He… He…” He couldn’t continue anymore, tears were already streaming down his face. He cried and cried until he was sobbing non-stop.

He was crying so hard that he didn’t realize Taehyung’s grip tighten. He didn’t realize that Taehyung’s pulse got faster and his eyes started to blink. He removed his oxygen mask and he looks at the sobbing Jimin. He pats his head and Jimin looks up.

“Why are you crying?” Taehyung asked, weakly. He flashes Jimin a weak smile.

“Taehyung!” Jimin’s eyes widen and his mouth drop open. “I’ll call the doctor immediately! Wait for me!” He said and ran out. The doctor came a few minutes later and checks on Taehyung.

“He’s stabilizing.” The doctor said. “He will be alright in a few days.”

Jimin let out a sigh of relief.

Taehyung looked around. “Where is Jin hyung?” He asked. Jimin gasped. “What’s wrong?”

“About that…” Jimin said slowly. “Taehyung… I need you to know something…”

“Mr Park.” The doctor suddenly said. “A word please.”

Jimin nods and he pats Taehyung’s hand. “I’ll be right back.” He said and walks out of the room.

“Mr Park… About Kim Seokjin’s condition…”

Jimin looks at him.

“It’s best to not tell Taehyung about it.”

“But why?” Jimin looked at him. “You know that Jin hyung and Taehyung is…”

“I am well aware of their relationship.” Doctor Jung said. “I have been Taehyung’s doctor for years now.”

Jimin kept quiet. “And he was about to propose too…” He said to himself quietly.

“Taehyung’s heart is not really stabilized now… Or should I say Jin’s heart…” Doctor Jung said. “If Taehyung knows that Jin is still in a critical situation, he is sure to be in shock. This will cause Taehyung’s body to reject the heart that was transplant in there…”

Jimin kept quiet. He stares at the ground and he began to cry. Doctor Jung saw him crying and he takes out his handkerchief and he gives it to Jimin. “Call me Hoseok.” Jimin looks at him and he wipes of his tears. He nods slowly.

“Taehyung ah.” Jimin said once he went back to the ward room. “About Jin hyung.”

“Where is he?” Taehyung asked while blinking. “What happened to me actually?”

“You just fainted.” Jimin said. “And you scared the hell out of me.”

Taehyung chuckled. “Sorry!” He said. “You haven’t answered my question. Where is my Jin?” He asked and pouted.

“Oh right…” Jimin said. “Well… Jin hyung he uhm… He uhm…” Jimin couldn’t look for an excuse to lie to Taehyung. He is a bad liar and Taehyung knows immediately whenever Jimin lies.

“Jiminnie...?” Taehyung called him. “Jimin?”

“Oh right.” Jimin looked at Taehyung. “He got promoted and uhh was sent to Jejudo for a few days.” He lied.

Taehyung looked at him. “Is that true?” He asked. “Jiminnie you know your left eye twitches whenever you lie right.”

Jimin gulps.

“Park Jimin.” Taehyung looked at him. “Where is Kim Seokjin?”

“Okay fine.” Jimin said. “He is in Jejudo, but not for a contract.” He said. “He’s there for your wedding preparation.” And this time, Jimin completely avoided eye contact with Taehyung, pretending to be pouring a glass of water for himself.

Taehyung’s eyes widen. “Wedding…. OH MY GOD!” He shouted.

“Shhh!” Jimin shushed him. “It’s a secret. Don’t tell him I told you.”

Taehyung was blushing really hard at this point and he was smiling from ear to ear. “That idiot. I’ve told him not to spend so much money on our wedding.”

Jimin smiles. He is happy that his friend is now alright but he feels sad that he has to lie to him. His heart hurts whenever he thinks about Jin that was lying in the ward just one floor above him. He sighs and Taehyung looks at him.

“What’s wrong?” Taehyung asked.

“Nothing.” Jimin said.

Days passed and Taehyung has been stronger and stronger. Jimin was relieved that Taehyung got better but he was still worried about Jin. Jin was still unconscious and he is getting weaker. Jimin was worried everyday and he had been sneaking off to see how was Jin doing everyday without Taehyung knowing. But being the bright kid he is, he immediately realized that Jimin is acting weird. He pretended to be sleeping and he heard Jimin sighs. He waits until he heard the door closing and he waits for a few minutes until the coast is clear. He gets off of bed and followed Jimin. He saw Jimin going into the elevator and he saw the elevator stopping at the floor above. He climbed the stairs and looked for Jimin. He saw Jimin walking into the ward room and Taehyung was curious. He wanted to follow Jimin but he has decided to come back later, when Jimin was gone. Taehyung went back to his ward and he just started scrolling through his Facebook. He fell asleep after a while and woke up two hours later. Jimin had texted him saying that he went back to class and he will be back after dinner.

Taehyung took the opportunity to jump out of bed and ran towards the elevator. He went upstairs and head straight to the ward room that Jimin went earlier. He reads the name on the door and his eyes widen. He couldn’t believe his eyes and he pushes open the door. He walks inside slowly and what he saw shocked him. He breaks down and tears began rolling down his cheeks. He walks slowly towards the bed and he cries even harder. All he sees is his boyfriend lying on the bed, with tubes connected all over him. He grabs Jin’s hand tightly and he looks at him.

“Kim Seokjin.” He called. “Wake up.”

Jin did not even budge.

“Kim Seokjin. It’s not funny.” Taehyung called him again. “Wake up.”

Jin does not give him any response. Taehyung looks at him and his grip tightens. He cried and cried until he fell asleep beside Jin, with their fingers still intertwined with each other. Jimin came back later that night and was shocked to see Taehyung’s bed was empty. He ran out of the ward room and he ran into Hoseok on the way to Jin’s ward.

“Woah.” Hoseok got shocked when Jimin almost ran into him. “Calm down Jimin.”

“Have you seen Taehyung?” Jimin asked. “He’s gone.”

Hoseok looks at Jimin, worried. “Let’s go look for him.” He said.

The two of them looked for the whole floor but Taehyung was nowhere to be found.

“Do you think that he found out about Jin?” Jimin asked.

“No…” Hoseok got even more worried. Jimin looks at him and the two of them rushed upstairs. Jimin pushed open the door and he froze. All he and Hoseok saw was a sleeping Taehyung holding onto Jin’s hands.

“What can we do now…?” Jimin asked.

“I don’t know.” Hoseok said. “I guess we have to just tell him the truth.”

“But you said…”

“I think he is stable enough…” Hoseok said. “It’s been two weeks.”

Jimin walked over to Taehyung and he pats him gently. Taehyung wakes up and he looks at Jimin. He stands up and hugs Jimin tightly.

“Why Jimin?” Taehyung asked. It hurts Jimin a lot to see Taehyung this sad.

“Let’s go back to your room.” Jimin said and pulls Taehyung gently. Taehyung nods and he follows Jimin and Hoseok downstairs. He sat back onto his bed and he just stares into the blank with tear streaks on his face.

“Taehyung.” Hoseok said and he sat down on the corner of his bed. “I need to tell you something but promise me, you won’t do anything stupid.”

Taehyung looks at him. “Is it about Jin?” He asked and Hoseok nods.  “Just tell me, I’m okay.”

Hoseok hesitates, he looks at Jimin and Jimin shrugs. The two of them continues staring at each other, not sure of what to do. They are afraid that Taehyung could not accept the fact that Jin saved him using his own heart. Taehyung looked at them, dazed.

“Are you two talking or not?” Taehyung asked.

Jimin walks over to Taehyung and he grabs his hands. “Taehyung.” He said. “Jin hyung… He… He saved you.”

Taehyung looked at him, then at Hoseok. “How…?” He asked.  

“He saved you…” Hoseok paused. He looked at the teary Taehyung and Jimin. Jimin was avoiding Taehyung’s eyes and was staring at the floor. Hoseok looked at Taehyung’s chest and the back at his eyes.

“By using his heart…” Jimin said slowly.

Taehyung lets go of Jimin and he takes a few steps back. He was baffled. He clutches his chest and he stares into blank. He knew that his heart was weak since birth, he knew that he would be a trouble to Jin but not like this. This is not what he wanted. He pushed both Jimin and Hoseok away and he ran again, straight towards the elevator and upstairs to Jin’s room. He blasted through the door and his heart hurts again whenever he sees Jin lying there, so vulnerable and so wear.

“Stupid.” He said while crying. “You idiot. You brainless little dip.” He cursed while hitting Jin’s arm. “Why? How? How am I supposed to live now knowing you did this for me?”

Jimin and Hoseok stood outside the room, watching Taehyung cried. Jimin wanted to walk inside and stop him but Hoseok stopped him.

“Let him cry.” Hoseok said.

“Should we leave him alone?” Jimin asked.

“I don’t think we should.” Hoseok said, he is worried that Taehyung might do anything stupid.

The two of them stands outside quietly, observing what was Taehyung doing. He cried, he cursed, he hits Jin again and he fell asleep beside him soon after. Jimin sighs and he leans on the wall. The both of them kept quiet, Hoseok paced up and down the corridor and Jimin staring into blank. Hoseok stopped and he stared at Jimin.

“You hungry?” Hoseok asked and Jimin looked at him.

“How did you know?” Jimin blushed.

“I heard your stomach growling…” Hoseok said and Jimin blushed harder. “Let’s go get something to eat.”

The two of them walked to the cafeteria downstairs and Hoseok placed the sandwich that he bought for Jimin in front of him. He then hands Jimin the hot coffee and Jimin smiled.

“Thanks.” He said and sighs. “What to do…”

“Don’t worry too much about Taehyung.” Hoseok said. “I know him, he’ll be fine.”

Jimin nods. “I know that too.” He sighs again. “And knowing that guy he’s probably blaming himself if Jin hyung never gets better.”

Hoseok looks at Jimin, the boy was genuinely worried about his best friend and he didn’t know what to do. The two of them sat in silence and both sips on their coffee. Jimin suddenly thought of something and his eyes widen. Hoseok can see that his eyes are full of worried and concerns. He knew that the man had something to say but he just didn’t know how to put it.

“Can I ask you something?” Jimin suddenly asked.

“What is it?”

“Will Jin hyung even wake up?” Jimin asked.

Hoseok was baffled. He didn’t know what to tell Jimin. There are risks and he didn’t want Jimin to know. He wasn’t sure enough that Jin would wake up for sure. There will be side effects but even he himself does not know what will happen.

“Doctor?” Jimin called at Hoseok that was spacing out.

“Oh…” Hoseok blinks a few times and he looks at Jimin. “There will be some side effects but I don’t know for sure.”

“What?” Jimin looked at him. “What do you mean…?”

“This is a very complex surgery that we have done. It’s rare that we are doing this so we don’t really know what is going to happen…”

“Ohh…” Jimin’s shoulder dropped. “Can we don’t tell Taehyung about this?”

“Of course.” Hoseok nods. “Of course.”

Taehyung woke up and looked at Jin, his eyes still shut tightly. He kisses his forehead gently and gave his hand a small squeeze.  

“Hyung…” Taehyung called gently but Jin gave no response.  He gently shook Jin but still, Jin’s eyes were shut tight.

“If you can hear me, just, just give me a sign.” He said. “Anything. Please…”

He buried his face into Jin’s hands and he cried. Hard. He clenched onto Jin’s hand so tightly that his own hands hurt.  He cried and cried until he couldn’t breathe. He got up and walked outside of the ward room and straight to the washroom to wash his face. He then walked back slowly to the room and he felt pain in his chest. He clenched onto his chest and leans against the wall. He can’t breathe and he closed his eyes while moving slowly downwards to sit on the floor. He heard footsteps and he slightly opens his eyes.

“.” It was Jimin’s voice.”Hoseok hyung!”

“I got this.” Hoseok said and he helped Taehyung up. He carried him back to his own room and let him lay down. Hoseok began checking on Taehyung’s vital signs. Everything was normal and Taehyung was just wheezing.

“Is he alright?” Jimin asked.

Hoseok nods. He let out a sigh of relief and sank down onto the sofa. Jimin passed him a bottle of water and he smiles.

“He’s fine.” Hoseok said. “He’s just been crying too much and that leads to lack of oxygen.” He added.

“I understand how he feels.” Jimin said. “I just don’t know how to help him…”

Hoseok nods slowly. He was deep in his thought when his beeper beeps. Jimin stares at him and Hoseok’s eyes widen.

“It’s Jin!” Hoseok said and he shot out of the room and ran across the hallway. Jimin followed him and the two of them ran towards Jin’s ward room. Hoseok pushed open the door to see Jin blinking at him, confused.

“I’m sorry. Did I press something wrong?” Jin asked, weakly.

“Hyung!” Jimin starts to cry. “You’re awake!” He says and Jin just stares at him.

“Oh hi there Jimin.” Jin said blandly. “Why are you crying?

“You’re finally awake.” Jimin said with tears streaming down his face.

“Oh.” Jin nods. “Is that something worth crying?” He asked and both Jimin and Hoseok look at each other.

All three of them stared at each other. Jin with confusion and the other two with worry. They stayed in silence until suddenly the door was pushed open and all they see is Taehyung, standing there with his eyes wide open. He ran straight towards Jin and into his embrace.

“You’re awake! You’re awake!” Taehyung said. He buried his face into Jin’s chest and Jin got even more confuse.

“Wait.” Jin slowly pushed Taehyung away. “What are you doing?”

Taehyung stared at Jin, unable to believe what Jin had done.

“Hyung…” Jimin stood up and looked at Jin. “You know who this is right?”

“Yeah.” Jin nods. “It’s Taehyung.”

“And?”

“And what?” Jin asked.

Hoseok stood up and he took out his stethoscope. He listens to Jin’s heartbeat and he check on him. He sighs and scratched his head. He shook his head when Jimin looked at him and shrugged when Taehyung asked him what is happening to Jin. He pulled the two of them outside and tried to calm down a panicking Taehyung.

“What if he forgot about us? What if…”

“Calm down Taehyung.” Jimin said and he pats his shoulder.

“His heart is doing just fine.” Hoseok said and his eyebrows furrowed.  “There’s something else wrong.”

“It’s like he doesn’t know how to feel anymore.” Jimin said.

“Is that even medically possible?” Taehyung asked.

“No.” Hoseok said. “I’m thinking that it has something to do with his brain system but I will need to carry out tests for that.”

“Don’t.”Taehyung said. “Jin’s weak enough, no more tests… Please.” He said with tears flowing down his cheeks.

Hoseok looked at Jimin and Jimin does the same. The two of them exchange glances and they kept quiet. They didn’t know what to do or what to say to comfort the crying Taehyung. Jimin went to get Taehyung a blanket and some coffee for him to keep warm. Taehyung calmed down and he sighs every few minutes. Hoseok was also sighing, he didn’t know what to do and what to expect. He walked back to his office quietly and sat down on his chair, flipping his pen and dropping it every now and then. He sighs again and slumped down further into his chair.

“Sounds like someone is really stressed out.”

Hoseok sat up straight and he saw Jimin leaning on the doorframe, slightly smiling. He hands Hoseok one of those vitamin drinks and he sat down.

“Thanks.” Hoseok said and he smiled. “Needed one of these.”

“Am I here in the wrong time?” Jimin asked after a few minutes of silent.

“No no.” Hoseok said. “It’s great that you are here.”

Jimin smiled.  “You’ve had your dinner?” He asked.

“Now that you’ve mention it, nope.” Hoseok said and he laughed. “And I am famished right now.”

“Want to go get dinner?” Jimin asked and Hoseok nods.


“So, are you hungry?” Taehyung asked Jin.

“I’m fine.” Jin said politely.

Taehyung kept quiet. He felt so weird that Jin is talking to him so politely and he is using formal speech with him. He is really awkward around Jin now and he really feels kinda awkward around him now. It felt so unreal and dreamlike as he had never thought this would happen to them. They stay silent for a while and Jin looked at Taehyung.

“Since when did you have silver hair?”He asked Taehyung suddenly. Taehyung looked at him. “I thought you had red hair.”

“That was six years ago…” Taehyung mumbled to himself. “You told me to dye it silver.”

“I did?” Jin looked at him. “Well it was a great idea then. You look great!”

Taehyung stares at Jin and he smiles. He remembered he was sitting on the salon chair, really confused on what hair colour he should get. He already bleached his hair a few times now and he really want to try other hair colours but he didn’t like colours like blue or pink. Jin wanted him to go fully hot pink but he rejected that idea. He then continues to argue with Jin on pink or green.

“Silver then.” Jin suddenly said. “It’s a famous colour now.”

“You sure?” Taehyung asked and he looked in the mirror. “What if I look like an old man?”

“You won’t.” Jin smiled. “You look great in everything.”

In the end, Taehyung got a whole head of silver colour. Jin was right though, he did look hot. Taehyung snap out of his flashback when he heard a knock on the door. He looked towards the door and he saw Hoseok standing there, looking at the two of them.

“I’m sorry, am I interrupting anything?” Hoseok asked. “I can come back later…”

“No no.” Taehyung said. “It’s time for his check up?”

“Yup.” Hoseok said.

“Who are you?” Jin asked. “You looked cute.”

Hoseok can feel Taehyung firing death rays thru his eyes and straight towards him. He laughs awkwardly and looks back at Jin.

“I’m not as cute as he is.” Hoseok said and looks at Taehyung.

“I know he’s cute.” Jin said and laughed. “But you’re cuter.”

“Alright.” Taehyung said and he stood up. “Enough checking for today.” He said and pushes Hoseok away from Jin gently.

Hoseok laughs and he walks out of the room. He walks back to his office, bumping into Jimin that was walking towards Taehyung’s room.

“Taehyung’s not in.” Hoseok said while pulling Jimin that had just walked past him. “He’s with Jin.”

“Oh, Hoseok.” Jimin looks at him. “Sorry, I didn’t see you there.”

Hoseok laughs. “Wanna go grab coffee?” He asked.

“Sure.”

The two had been spending some quality time together for the past week. They had been going for movies, dinner and sometimes even supper. Their dates usually ends with Hoseok being interrupted in the middle as he was a doctor that has to be on call for 24 hours or with Jimin staying over at Hoseok place because he insisted that Jimin stayed. They are now in a quite awkward relationship as well as both of them are unsure that they are official or not. Hoseok wanted it to be official, he’s been talking about Jimin in front of all of his colleagues and Jimin too, was waiting for Hoseok to make the first move.

“Jimin-“

“Hoseok-“

Both of them spoke at the same time. Jimin smiles and Hoseok laughs. They really do enjoy each other’s presence and it doesn’t really matter when both of them are in silent. They don’t feel awkward if they were in silence. They wanted to say something but were interrupted by Taehyung’s sudden appearance.

“Stupid Kim Seokjin. I hate Kim Seokjin!” He said while drinking from Jimin’s cup. “I HATE THAT GUY!”

Hoseok and Jimin both eyed him and were both trying very hard not to laugh. Taehyung might look like a manly, responsible and reliable person but whenever he is angry or frustrated when it comes to anything related to Jin, he is always so cute that Jimin can’t help but want to squish that little squishy. Taehyung was really angry this time, Jimin knew that he is thinking of Jin and he knew that he really is worried about Jin.

“What did he do this time?” Jimin asked.

“He said Hoseok is hot.” Taehyung pouted. “I mean he is hot I know that, no offence my dear doctor that had saved my life multiple times,” He said in one breath. “BUT HE IS MY BOYFRIEND!” His face was already red from all that anger.

“You know that he lost most of his memories with you right…?” Hoseok asked, trying to structure his words slowly.

“I KNOW!” Taehyung said and this time he drank Hoseok’s coffee. “But HE IS MY BOYFRIEND!”

“Okay, okay, we get it!” Jimin said and tries to calm Taehyung down. “But you can’t blame him.”

Taehyung sighed and his eyebrows furrowed. He is thinking, thinking really hard.

“And by the way, you can’t blame Hoseok for being hot.” Jimin said and he blushed.

Taehyung stares at Jimin and then at Hoseok, and then back at Jimin again.

“Aha I get it now!” Taehyung suddenly said. “Jimin you and Hoseok get together and Jin would think that Hoseok is not available!”

“Wha..?” Jimin’s aw dropped open and Hoseok blushed. What they wanted to say to each other had been blown out by Taehyung. He just helped each of them to confess with each other.

“But wait…” Taehyung stopped and he calmed down a little. “Aren’t the two of you already together? Judging on the Snapchats and check ins in Facebook and the constant shine in Instagram.”

Jimin and Hoseok kept quiet, both blushing super hard and they are feeling super shy right now. After a few more moments of silence, Hoseok gathered up his courage and before he could talk, Jimin beat him to it.

“We are together.” Jimin said while still blushing really hard. Hoseok’s eyes widen and he was really shocked that Jimin answered first; he was always the shy one and Hoseok was always more on the active side.

“Park Jimin.” Taehyung glared at Jimin. “How could you not tell me about this?” He said and flicked Jimin’s forehead. “And you.” He turned towards Hoseok. “We knew each other for like almost forever.”

Hoseok smiled and he was actually in his own la-la-land now. He wasn’t paying attention on the rest of the conversation that Jimin and Taehyung were talking about.

“What am I supposed to tell him next?” Taehyung asked. “Tell him that we were living together and were about to get engaged? He would run 50 miles away from me once I tell him.”

“You still have to tell him no matter what though.” Hoseok suddenly answered after Jimin kicked him under the table. “You guys were perfect.”

“I know…” Taehyung said. His head hung and he sighed. He suddenly stood up, place his hands on his hips and nods. “I’ve made up my mind.” He said in a confident tone. “I’m winning Kim Seokjin back all over again.”

“Just like high school?”

“Just like high school all over again.” Taehyung said and he nods. But after he said that, he slumped back into the chair and sighed deeply.

“What now?” Jimin asked.

“It was he who chased after me in high school. I know nothing about flirting.” Taehyung said. “Jin was my first boyfriend and he just came on a golden platter presented to me.”

“You’ll know what to do.” Hoseok said. “You’re the only one here that understands him the most.”

Hoseok was right. He knows pretty much everything about Jin and he sure does know what to do to make Jin happy. But for now, to Jin, Taehyung is just a friend, a good friend and nothing else.  He have to tell Jin that they live together, sleep together and pretty much do everything together for the past few years now. But all in all, he didn’t know how. Days passed and both Jin and Taehyung were getting better and were recovering in a fast pace; and the day that Taehyung dread the most came soon too. He has to tell Jin now or else he will have to kidnap Jin and pulls him back.

“Hyung, time to go home now.” Taehyung said while tidying up Jin’s stuff.

“I can get home myself, thank you very much.” Jin said while slowly picking up his bag.

“You’re the patient now and I am your doctor.” Taehyung said and he grabs the bag from Jin. “So listen to what I say.”

Jin laughed. “What are you talking about Taehyung? I thought you wanted to be a musician in the future.”

Taehyung froze. That was six years ago too. They were still in high school and were not dating yet at that time. They were good friends during that time and they would chat regularly at night. Taehyung was still very passionate about being a musician and Jin had already planned on what college he wanted to go to and what he wants to be in the future.

“Changed my mind.” Taehyung answered and he looks at Jin. “And you… You don’t remember anything?”

“Remember what?” Jin asked. “That I liked you and want you to be my boyfriend?”

Taehyung laughed. Okay, so Jin did not forget his feelings for Taehyung even though his memories were dated way back to six years ago. Taehyung still felt weird about Jin’s condition even though Hoseok told him before that it might be anterograde amnesia where Jin has lost the ability to recall partial of his memories and thus, forgetting the past six years he and Taehyung has been together. That was quite saddening to Taehyung as they have been through a lot throughout the years.

“Hyung.” Taehyung sad and sat down. He grabs Jin’s hands and looks at him softly. “I have news to tell you and it might be difficult to process now but I’m sure you’ll get it.”

“You sounded so serious.” Jin smiled and he looked at Taehyung’s hands that was grabbing onto his. “And… We really are in this relationship where it is okay for you to look at me that way?”

Taehyung sighed. “Hyung… We have been together for the past six years.” He said and Jin’s eyes widen.

“We’re not in high school anymore are we?” Jin asked.

“That was six years ago.” Taehyung said. “We’re in 2017 hyung.”

“It’s not 2011?” Jin was really shocked. “And we’re married?”

Taehyung laughed. “Well… Almost.” He said. “We’re getting married after my internship.”

That was a lot of information for Jin to take in. He was loss for words and he kept opening his mouth and closing it after a few moments. There were so many things for him to ask Taehyung but he didn’t know where to start.

“Let’s get home and I’ll tell you everything.” Taehyung said and he intertwines his fingers with Jin’s and pulls him up.


“So how did Jin hyung react to everything you told him?” Jimin asked Taehyung.

“He’s reacting quite well I guess.” Taehyung shrugged. “Although he is really taken aback that we are really close to getting married and that we sleeps on the same bed.”

“So what happens next?” Jimin asked.

“I don’t know.” Taehyung said. “We now sleep with a bolster in between us Jimin. BETWEEN. US.” Taehyung was sounding quite upset.

“Give him some time.” Jimin said. “He probably wasn’t used to it for now.”

“I know.” Taehyung nods. “You know he acts like a kid at times. Like a 17 year old.”

“Uhmm… His memory is his 17 year old memory.” Hoseok said.

“It’s cute but at some point he makes me feels so old.”

“Hoseok wants you guys to go back to get your checkups.” Jimin said and Taehyung looks at him with a smirk.

“Uh huh…” He nods. “So tell me… How’s dating my doctor feels like?” He teases Jimin.

“Stop it.” Jimin was blushing really hard.

“You guys are cute.” Taehyung said. “I’m jealous.”

“What are you guys talking about?” Jin came back from the washroom and sat down beside Taehyung.

“Hoseok needs us to get back for a check up.” Taehyung said. “And we’re going to make an appointment.”

“He already did.” Jimin said. “Tomorrow afternoon is alright for him.”

“….” Taehyung stares at Jimin. “Okay.”

“I’ll drive us there.” Jin suddenly said and Taehyung looked at him, horrified.

“Oh no.” He said. “No no no. No 17 year old is driving.”

“I’m 25.” Jin said. “I might only remember things that were from six years ago but I sure do know how to drive.”

Taehyung and Jin continued to argue over who would drive to the hospital and Jimin was just sitting there, enjoying his cup of coffee and eating the croissant that Taehyung bought. They kept bickering at each other and Taehyung had a feeling that he was fighting with his little brother. In the end, Taehyung was the one who drove both of them to the hospital because Jin got scared in the middle because he forgot how to change gears and mistakes the signal lights with headlights.

“How’s Jin doing nowadays?” Hoseok asked when Taehyung was carrying out his check up.

“He’s… cute.” Taehyung said and laughed. “Really cute.”

“I mean does he feel uncomfortable or does he have pain on his chest or anything.” Hoseok said and he laughs.

“No complaints, no waking up in the middle of the night.” Taehyung said. “Same for me, we sleep like logs every single night.”

“Then that’s great.” Hoseok said and he stood up. “Okay you’re done for now and it’s Jin next.”

Taehyung and Jin got back home early that day as Jin got to take a half day off. Surprisingly, he learns things really fast now. Despite he have lost most of his memories, he still was able to go work just as normal with the help from Taehyung. Taehyung too continued to go for his internship and he was just a few weeks away from completing it.

“So… What do you want to do now?” Taehyung asked.

“Let’s go on a date.” Jin said and he looks at Taehyung. “I really need to know you more.”

“What?”

“It’s unfair that you know so much about me but I don’t remember anything much about you.” Jin said while looking at Taehyung.

Taehyung smiled. He nods and walks towards the counter to reach for their car keys. Jin stops him and he grabs Taehyung’s hands.

“Let’s just go on a small walk together.” Jin said. “I like that.”

Taehyung blinked and he nods. He smiles and he pulls Jin out of the door. They had a little walk around their neighbourhood and the park nearby. Taehyung really liked this feeling, it’s like he’s falling in love all over again. Jin was blushing most of the time, he is really shy and holding Taehyung’s hand made him blushed really hard. They ended up at home later that evening, having dinner on the couch and watching TV together. Jin stared at Taehyung as he laughs at the show that they were watching. Taehyung stopped and he turned and looked at Jin.

“What’s wrong?” He asked.

“You are so familiar, yet so different to me.” Jin said. “I love you but I feel like I can’t protect you enough.”

“Stupid.” Taehyung laughed and he smacks Jin’s forehead.

“You know what.” Jin said and he slowly reaches his hands into his pocket. “I found this and reckoned that it is time that I tell you this.” He stood up and he kneels down on one knee. “Kim Taehyung, even though I don’t remember everything we have been through together, but I want and I will protect you and stay with you forever. I promise that I will love you and create new memories together from now on.”

Taehyung was already crying and smiling at the same time. He didn’t expect Jin to want to get married now as they had just been though a lot and it had been complicated. He nods his head slowly and gently and Jin smiled. He picked up Taehyung and spun him around the room. He got tired in the end and they both fell on the sofa.

“Don’t do that again.” Taehyung said and laughed.

“I won’t.” Jin said while breathing heavily. “That’s tiring.”