Till Death Pull Us Apart 「TaeGi」 (Part 1)

Bangtan Boys One Shot Collections


Winter. One of the seasons that V hated the most. He hated that it was so cold and hated that everything is just slippery. And what he really hated the most is, couples. Couples everywhere cuddling together, holding hands, sharing a cup of coffee and so on. Who shares a cup of coffee anyway? It’s already small enough that it will not be enough for one person to get warm and now you have to share it? No thanks. That’s what going on in V’s mind all the time. He likes spring, where everyone is happier and the sun shines warmer. Summer is too hot and spring is just right. V bought a cup of hot coffee and begin walking back home. He is always alone and doesn’t like to socialize much. That’s because he has a secret, a secret that nobody else knows.

He stood by the zebra crossing, waiting for the light for the pedestrians to turn green. He gazes around. He senses something was wrong but he didn’t want to bother it. He had done enough meddling with everything and he just didn’t want to cause any more trouble. But this time it was different. He saw someone standing at the opposite of the junction; someone that V really hated to see wherever he goes. It was the messenger of Hell and Heaven and that means that somebody is dying, and they’re here to collect their souls. V quickly looked away, not wanting to make eye contact with him. He had never seen this messenger before, maybe he was a new guy or maybe he’s just really bad at his job. The light turned green and cars begin to move, he was just minding his business, checking his emails when suddenly he heard cars honking and immediately knew that something is definitely going to happen. He couldn’t help it but to stop the time. Everything around him stopped and V took his time to look around, finding what was wrong. He found out just after a few steps out on the road. It was a teenage girl, walking across the road with her earphones on. V frowned. What a stupid way to die. He pulled the girl away, pulled out her earphones and took away her phone.

“I won’t do that if I were you.” Someone said behind V and he sighed. He knew that was going to happen anyway.

“She’s too young.” V said without turning around. “It’s not supposed to work like this.”

“I am here to do my job. Her time is up and she needs to leave.”

V turns around and looks at him in the eyes. “Where’s Jin?” He asked. “He’s the one always stopping me all this while.”

“I’ve heard about you.” The messenger said. “And Jin got promoted.”

“That idiot.” V said and smiled. “He should thank me for his promotion.”

“In case you didn’t know who we are, here’s my name card.”

V took it and read it. “Min Yoongi huh. You must be new here.”

“You know how difficult it is for us to process these lost souls.” Yoongi said. “Please. Let us take her.”

“No.” V said and put the card back into Yoongi’s blazer’s chest pocket. “Not today.” He winked and turned away, snapping his fingers to make the time move again.

“Why are you holding my phone?” The girl asked. “And why am I here.”

“Listen here.” V said and holds up her phone. “If you want to die, die some other time will you?” He said while shoving her phone back to her hands. “And don’t use your phone while crossing the god damned road.”

V walked away, leaving the girl really confused and Yoongi really frustrated. He felt good, he likes saving people but he really hates to meddle with everything. God’s messengers had been stopping him and confronting him for each time he stops and mess with the time. He was really scared to even care about other people at first but ever since he got older, he didn’t care. He helps whoever he wants and does whatever he feels like it. He walked back home and he went straight into his house. He knew that there would be someone there waiting for him but he didn’t expect it to be Jin.

“You need to stop doing that.” Jin said while sipping on the wine he just poured for himself.

“And you need to stop sneaking into my house.” V said and locks the door. “Did I not lock the door?”

“Locks can’t keep us out, you knew that.” Jin smiled. “Heard that you gave Yoongi a bad time. What was it today?”

“Some young girl trying to cross the road while using headphones.” V said while making coffee. “She’s too young to go.”

“You can’t always do that V.” Jin said. “Rules are rules.”

“I know.” V said. “But it’s hard to see people die like this, helpless.”

“And I thought you don’t have feelings.” Jin said. “You should be used to this by now V.”

V sighed. It’s difficult enough to be different and now he have to face all kinds of problems.

“Feelings are still present in me. I am still just a human.” V said.

Jin froze. “Yes. You are.” He places the wine goblet on the table and walks towards V. “At least, try to not give Yoongi a hard time.”

“He follows me.” V said.

“To keep you out of trouble.” Jin said and gave V a wink. “Well actually, his job is to follow you and yeah, to make sure you stop meddling with our jobs.”

“You can’t do that!” V said. He is furious about the fact that now he has a babysitter to take care of him.

“Death’s orders.” Jin shrugged. “I’m sorry V. You’ve messed with him long enough until he needs to send someone to keep an eye on you.”

“Just leave me alone.” V said and he closes his bedroom door.

“This kid.” Jin shakes his head. He places Yoongi’s name card on the coffee table and he walks out of V’s apartment. He walks slowly back to his headquarters and stops when he saw Yoongi.

“Go home.” Jin said. “You start work tomorrow.”

“I can’t stop him.” Yoongi said.

“I know.” Jin shrugs. “He’s stubborn.”

“What should I do with the lost souls?” Yoongi asked while holding out name cards of those people whom he should have collected today, but was all stopped by V.

Jin sighed. “Give them to me.” He said. “I’ll handle them.”

Things weren’t easy for Yoongi either. Being a Hell and Heaven messenger means he has no memories, no family and he literally have nothing. All he has was a place to stay and a pet dog. He doesn’t remember who he was, why is he here and why is he doing this job. All he knew was that he died somehow and now is given a second chance to somehow redeem what he had done wrong before and that frustrates him.

“Hey Holly.” Yoongi takes off his coat and pets his dog. “What have you been up to today?” He smiles. Yoongi walks towards the kitchen and he got himself a glass of water, he sat down on the couch and his dog comes snuggling on his legs.

“It seems like you are my only friend now Holly.” Yoongi said while petting Holly’s head and scratches Holly’s chin. “Why do I get babysitting errands? I don’t understand why should I be looking after someone? I need someone to look after me as well. I can’t cook, I rarely clean the house, I hate doing dishes. Why can’t someone just come and take care of me?” He rambles on and Holly just looks at him, confused on what is he talking about.

“And you don’t understand what I am talking about.” Yoongi said and he sighs. “Well, at least you don’t order me around and judge me.” And just as he says that, Holly walks away and poops on the carpet.

“Oh come on.” Yoongi grumbles and he stands up. He cleans up Holly’s poop and he looks at Holly, who looks back innocently back at him. “I can’t stay mad at you. You’re too cute.”


V woke up from Yeontan his face and leaving drool all over him. He pets Yeontan and gets out from his bed. He gets ready and heads out to the café that he works at. He’s a chef and barista over there and he initially was only there to help out his friend, but ends up working there longer than he had expected. V kinda likes his job, he messes around with his powers and that was the way he was able to ensure nothing burns in the kitchen. He messes up pretty easily because he always multitask.

“Ahhh!” V snapped his fingers and everything stops once he realizes the potatoes he was boiling over boils. Time stops and he takes the pot off the stove and he snaps his fingers again. Everything goes back to normal and V smiles to himself.

“Orders up!” V rings the bell and Hoseok comes up to the small window and he smiles.

“You’re fast!” He said and takes the plates from V.

“You can say that I’m good with my job.” V winks. He chuckles to himself and continues to go back to his work.

V knew that something is wrong. He is very sensitive to the areas around him and he knew that something is happening. Someone is going to die. He tries to ignore the feelings, telling himself that it is not his problem and he has nothing to do with it.  But these feelings are getting stronger and stronger until V couldn’t stand it anymore. He peeks outside to see if the café was busy and once he saw that it is not, he takes off his apron and grabs his jacket and runs out of the café. He snaps his fingers again to stop the time and he runs around to see what is going to happen. He bumps into someone and both of them fell to the ground. V looked up and he saw the person that he least wanted to see now in this situation.

Yoongi stares at him. Coldly. He stands up and brushes off dirt on his coat and he mumbles something offensive that V couldn’t hear. V helps himself up and wanted to run but he was stopped by Yoongi.

“And where do you think you are going?” Yoongi asked.

“None of your business.” V said and tries to avoid Yoongi’s gaze. “Let me go please.”

“Aren’t you forgetting something?” Yoongi asked and points towards the surrounding.

“No.” V said and he looks away. “Can you stop minding my businesses and let me move on with my life?”

“I can.” Yoongi nods. “Unless you try to offset balances in this world.”

“How cold blooded are you to allow someone to die in front of you and you still do nothing to help?”

“I have to do my job.” Yoongi said.

“Oh look. Someone moved.” V said and pointed towards Yoongi’s back. Yoongi turned to look at what V was pointing towards and V, seeing the opportunity he had and he ran away. Yoongi heard footsteps and he turned back and all he saw was V’s back, running away from him. Yoongi sighs and he follows V to see what is he up to.  V gave up searching for what is he so worried about. He suppresses his own feelings and heads back to the café. He snaps his fingers and everyone starts moving again. Yoongi saw him and he follows V into the café. He sat down on one of the tables and he orders lunch. V saw Yoongi but he pretends to not see him and goes on with his day. He felt uneasy when he saw more of Yoongi’s colleague across the road through the café windows.

“Hey uhm not to mess with your daily day dreaming sessions but uh, the pan is smoking.” Hoseok looked at V and called him. V snapped back into reality and he looked at what was Hoseok pointing at.

“Oh .” V turned off the stove and got the pan off the stove. “Sorry about that.” He said and puts the pan into the sink.

“You okay?” Hoseok asked. “You don’t look as well as you were this morning.”

“I’m fine.” V smiled. He peeked through to see of Yoongi was still around and he felt quite bad when he did not see him. This could mean that there is something happening somewhere and the messengers are gathered to collect the souls.

“You want to take a day off?” Hoseok asked.

“Dude.” V laughed. “If I took a day off you would have to close for the day.”

“Uhh…” Hoseok hesitates. “That is true. But…” He pauses. “You are my friend and I want you to take care of yourself.”

“You worry too much.”

“Nope I don’t.” Hoseok shakes his head. “I saw you peeking out of the window every now and then. What are you looking at?”

“Hoseok if I tell you your café has been surrounded by Hell and Heaven messengers, will you believe me?”

“You are a pro in these kind of things.” Hoseok said and shrugged. Hoseok only knew V for about two years but he knew that V had abnormal powers. V had to admit his powers to Hoseok when he was confronted by Hoseok, asking him how he could prepare three different dishes in fifteen minutes. Hoseok didn’t believe him in the beginning and wanted V to prove it. V proved it by buying him pizza all the way from Chicago, still hot and fresh out of the oven. Hoseok didn’t believe him and V had to bring Hoseok all the way to Chicago himself by stopping the time and bringing Hoseok to the airport and fast forwarding it so they would reach Chicago really fast and rewind it until the time where Hoseok remembers they were still in the café. That scared the hell out of Hoseok and he was very impressed as well.

“Uhm quick question.” Hoseok asked. “Why are they doing there anyway?” He asked and looked around the café.

“Probably something is going to happen and someone is going to die.” V said. “I’ve never seen so many of them gathered together at one time. This could mean that something really bad is happening.”

“Can’t you do anything?” Hoseok asked.

“I can’t seem to know where and what is happening.” V shrugged.

“Why don’t you wait until it happened then go back to change it?”

“Hoseok ah, I am not God.” V laughed. “I can only prevent things from happening, I can’t change what has been done.”

“How would I know this.” Hoseok pouted. “It’s not like I have your powers.”

The two of them continues to serve customers and while they were cleaning up for closing, V heard someone shouting and he froze. He looks at Hoseok, who had not heard the shouting and was just casually washing the rags and wiping the table. V shook it off and continues in scrubbing the pots and pans in the kitchen. They were done with everything and was chilling with Hoseok drinking coffee and V, Coke. They were chatting about nonsense and suddenly a loud boom was heard and both of them felt a slight shook around them.

“What was that?” Hoseok asked, his eyes widen and he was clutching on the table.

V ran out of the café and he saw smoke and fire coming out of the building across the road and he cursed. He ran towards the building and realized that it was a bank. He raised his hand, wanting to snap his fingers but Yoongi appeared and stopped him by grabbing his arm.

“What are you doing?” V asked, struggling to get free from Yoongi’s grasps. “Let me go!”

“It’s too late.” Yoongi said. “Everyone is already taken.” He points towards his colleagues walking away with human figures that are shimmering and are also half transparent. V assumes that those are souls of people who have died.

V’s shoulders dropped and his sighs. He wasn’t struggling away from Yoongi anymore and Yoongi lets go of him. They kept quiet for a few minutes and V looked up at the still smoking building.

“What happened?” V asked.

“A simple bank robbery turned into a bombing disaster.”  

“No.” V shakes his head. “How many people…” He couldn’t finish his sentence. He knew that there will be a lot of people inside the bank and most probably only a few of them survived.

“Total of fifty of them are inside.” Yoongi said and he sighs.

“Survivors?” V asked.

“None.” Yoongi answered.

V’s eyes widen. He stares at Yoongi, his hands clenched into fists and he was trembling. “No.” He muttered. “I have to save them.” And with that, V rewinds the time and Yoongi just followed him quietly. He knew that V is unable to save them as he too knew that things that had happened, cannot be changed.

V rewinds the time back to two hours ago, where the explosion had yet to happen. He ran towards the bank and he stood there, waiting. He was looking for people who looked suspicious and he tried to stop them. Yoongi grabs his arm and pulled him back.

“What are you doing?” Yoongi asked.

“I have to save them!” V said and struggles to get out of Yoongi’s grasps. “Let go!”

“You know its all worthless.” Yoongi said calmly.

“How would you know if I hadn’t try?” V asked.

“We all know how it is going to end.” Yoongi said. “You can’t change what has happened.”

V sighs and he looks away. Yoongi turns the time back to normal and he lets go of V’s arms. V stood at the same spot for almost a minute and he looks at Yoongi.

“Want to go get coffee or something?” V asked.

“Sure.” Yoongi nods and the both of them walks back to Hoseok’s café.

V was very quiet. And this is very abnormal to Hoseok. He stares at Yoongi and then back at V, who was calmly drinking the cup of coffee he made himself.

“So…” Hoseok tried to break the silence. “How did you make yourself invisible?” He looked at Yoongi.

V cleared his throat while Yoongi looked dazed. He looked at V and V shrugged.

“Well uhm I just simply thought of it and yeah.” Yoongi answered.

“But what if you forgot you were invisible and went shopping for groceries?” Hoseok asked. “I bet the cashier would freak out seeing a carton of milk floating around.”

Yoongi can hear V’s muffled chuckle from behind his mug and he was baffled by Hoseok’s sudden weird question.

“Hoseok can you go check on the crème brulee in the oven?” V suddenly asked. “I think they have risen.”

“Oh right.” Hoseok stands right up and heads right towards the kitchen.

“Why does he…”

“He knows everything.” V said.

Yoongi fell silent. He looked at V and he opens his mouth, wanting to ask something but then he stops and sighs. V glances at him and continue playing with his fingers while trying to look distracted. The situation was so awkward that both of them wished that Jin was here.

“I might need some explanations from you.” Yoongi said. “About your story.”

“I have no story.” V said. “I’m just a normal person working in a very busy area of the city.”

“You and me both know that normal is not a suitable word for you, Taehyung.” Yoongi said. “Explain.”

V paused. It’s been a long time since someone called him Taehyung.

 “I have a feeling you already know.” V said.

Yoongi shrugged and he looks away. Jin had told him a few days ago and he knew. He just likes messing with this person who is basically messing up his daily routine. V pretends to be looking around the café and he peeks at the kitchen from time to time. He misses Jin in this type of situation where he would just play it off with a dad joke and both of them would laugh awkwardly and continue on with other topics. But for now, Yoongi is staring straight at V, as if waiting for a response from him. V is very uncomfortable with Yoongi staring and he secretly crosses his fingers under the coffee table and wishes that either Jin or Hoseok would appear. It was as if the god of luck is shining on V; Hoseok ran out from the kitchen, holding the tray that the crème brulee was on and was smiling from ear to ear. V let out a sigh of relief when Hoseok decided to sit down between the two of them.

“Want to try some?” Hoseok asked, flashing a very big smile towards Yoongi. “V made them.”

Yoongi stares blankly at Hoseok and calmly takes the small ceramic cup from his hand. V wanted to take this chance to quietly slip back into the kitchen to avoid Yoongi but Yoongi was not going to let him do that. He gave the cup to V and he smiled while taking another one from Hoseok. V quietly sat down and he was forced to eat it with them. There was a long awkward silence and Yoongi gave his phone to V. V looked at him with a confused look and Yoongi just nods towards it.

“What?” V asked.

“We need to exchange numbers.” Yoongi said.

“For what?”

“Just in case.” Yoongi said. “I mean for emergency or anything. I don’t know.”

V raised one of his eyebrows but he punched in his number anyway. He gave himself a missed call and returned his phone to Yoongi. Yoongi continue to look around the café and Hoseok keep giving V nudges and winks and V just rolls his eyes. He was really uncomfortable and he really hopes that Yoongi would not continue asking him any questions.

However, Yoongi did not continue questioning V; he finished up, paid for his coffee and left.


“Decided to give him a break?” Jin asked while looking at his phone.

“There’s no name cards today, meaning no deaths.” Yoongi said and sips on his cup of coffee. “Meaning, he won’t be getting into any trouble today.”

“You’re getting your hopes up too high.” Jin laughed. “He is a very special and spontaneous kid.”

“Anyway…” Yoongi said and looked up from his phone. “Why are you in my house again? And who gave you permission to make coffee for yourself.”

“Well.” Jin stood up and went to the sink. “I’m your boss. I can do whatever I want.” He smiled.

Jin left after a few more minutes of bantering with Yoongi and decided to stop disturbing him for a few days. Yoongi sighs at the moment Jin left. He likes Jin but that guy is really getting to his nerves recently. He is thankful that Jin had helped in everytime V meddled with their business but the older male has been making him a little bit more frustrated than he usually is. He clears the table and went back to his book that he had been reading for the past few months. He was getting really into it until his phone started ringing. He got frustrated and he sighs. He looked at it and he was quite shocked to see who the caller was.

“Hello?” He asked, carefully.

“Ohh he answered! He answered!” He heard from the opposite of the line. It didn’t sound like it was V.

“JUNG HOSEOK!” He heard someone else shouting. “WHAT?”

Yoongi smiled to himself. He immediately knows what happened and he continues to listen to their conversation.

“Give it back to me.” V said.

“Hello?” Yoongi asked again after hearing a few ruffling noises.

“Hello. Hi.” V said, awkwardly.

“Is something wrong?” Yoongi asked, trying to muffle his own laughter.

V sighed. “Hoseok wanted to invite you over for dinner at our café today.”

“NO I DIDN’T!” Yoongi can hear Hoseok shouting from the other side of the room.

“SHUT UP!” V shouted back and that made Yoongi chuckled.

“Anyways, we’re having a special 3 years anniversary promotion tonight and we’re having a party.” V said. “You can come if you want to.”

Yoongi hesitated. He stops for a while and he nods to himself. “Sure. I’ll be there.”

“It’s just a small casual party. You don’t have to dress too nicely.”

“Got it.” Yoongi said.

“I’ll see you at 7 then.”

“IS HE COMING? SEE I TOLD YOU HE WILL COME!” Hoseok shouted.

“JUNG HOSEOK I SWEAR TO GOD…” And before Yoongi could hear anything else, V had already ended the call.

Yoongi smiled as he puts down his phone. He hadn’t been to a party since forever. Not gonna lie, he was feeling a little bit excited and a little overwhelmed. He stood up and went to his closet to choose what he was going to wear that night. He ended up choosing a dark blue button down shirt and black pants. He decided to wear his adidas Superstar shoes as V had told him to not wear anything too formal. He happily walked out of his apartment later that evening and straight to the café. He stopped while he was getting near to the café and he hesitated. He took a turn back and walked the other direction and he went in a flower shop. He got a bouquet of flowers and a card in it and continues on his way. Yoongi pushed open the doors to the café and he was shocked. There were more people that he had imagined. He walked around, looking for V but he was nowhere to be seen. He walked slowly towards the kitchen but Hoseok bumped into him.

“Oh! Yoongi! You’re here!” Hoseok looked surprised.

“Didn’t V tell you?”

“He and I both thought you are joking with us.” Hoseok said. “Well, judging on how busy you are.”

“Where’s V?” Yoongi asked, looking around. 

“He’s very busy in the kitchen.” Hoseok said.

“Of course.” Yoongi nods. He forgot that V is the only chef here.

“You looking…” Hoseok paused suddenly and Yoongi immediately knew what happened. V is messing with the time again.

“ARGGHHHH!” A frustrated shout came out of the kitchen. Yoongi walked slowly towards the kitchen and he laughed when he saw a smoking pot on the sink. He stood there looking at him for a few moments, smiling to himself. Yoongi then realized that he had to walk back to where Hoseok is or else it would seem impolite to leave mid-sentence. He stood in front of Hoseok patiently, walking for V to make the time move again.

“For V?” Hoseok continued.

“What?” Yoongi asked. “Oh yeah. He’s in the kitchen right?”

Hoseok smirked mysteriously. “Uh huh… He is.” He nods. “Are these for him?” Hoseok winks.

“Oh actually, it’s for you.” Yoongi said. “Congrats on the two years anniversary.” He smiled.

“Oh…” Hoseok seemed a little disappointed. “Well, help yourself to anything here. It’s on the house.” He smiled.

Yoongi smiled and he nods. He sat down by the counter and he waits. Everyone was heading to the buffet line and queuing up; Hoseok was running up and down the café as well as there are people ordering from the menu as well. Yoongi wanted to call Hoseok over to order a cup of coffee but he was too busy and Yoongi felt bad for troubling him. And just as he was about to stand up and get something to eat, the time froze again. He chuckled to himself and walked towards the kitchen. V was hitting himself on the head and mumbling curses under his breath. Yoongi walked closer towards him and blew onto his neck.

“WHAT THE .” V jumped and turn around, ready to slap someone. “What are you doing?”

Yoongi laughed. “Need help?” He asked.

“No.” V said and he turns back to the stove. “I don’t.”

“It’s the second time you’ve stop the time in the past hour.” He said. “You sure?”

“How did you know?” V asked while washing up his hands. “Besides, I can’t possibly ask you to help when you are dressed so nicely.”

“I can help you serve the dishes.” Yoongi said.

“You are our guest.” V said. “I can’t possible ask a guest to help serve the place. Besides, Hoseok is doing pretty well.”

Yoongi raised his eyebrows. “You sure?”

V looked at him. He sighs and he nods.

“Fine.” He said. “Can you make coffee?”

“Coffee?”

“People had been ordering coffee and Hoseok had been running around and I don’t have time to make them.” V explained. “You don’t have to make any coffee art because we already stated that we won’t be doing them today.”

“I do know how to make coffee art if you want.”

“Really?”

“I always do them at home.” Yoongi said. “Jin likes them.”

V laughed. “He always complained that mine are not as pretty as a friend of his.” He said. “So that friend is you.”

“So, coffee.” Yoong said.

“Oh right.” V said. “The apron is in the cabinet below. Thanks a lot Yoongi.”

Yoongi nods and he walked towards the coffee machine. He puts on the apron and rolled up his sleeves.  He waited a couple of minutes but nothing happened.

“V!” Yoongi shouted.

“Sorry! I forgot.” V shouted back. Yoongi smiled and snapped his fingers, everything around him started to move again.

It was a really busy night. Once Yoongi started making one cup of coffee, the orders came flooding in. Yoongi worked fast that night and so did V and Hoseok. The three of them were exhausted when the café took the final order from the customers. Once the last customer left, Yoongi slumped onto one of the sofas by the window and V and Hoseok came and joined in. The three of them was really tired and they stayed silence for almost ten minutes.

“I’m hungry.” Hoseok suddenly said.

“Don’t talk to me. I’m tired.” V mumbled.

“I’m hungry too.” Yoongi chimed in. He just remembered that he had not taken his dinner.

“About that…” Hoseok suddenly said. “Why did you ask Yoongi to help out?” He asked. “You know we didn’t invite him over to work.”

“I know…” V said. “I felt bad too. I’m sorry.”

“I insisted.” Yoongi explained. “Besides, it’s nice seeing people enjoying the coffee I made.”

“If you did not have a full time job as a messenger I would employ you myself.” Hoseok smiled.

V stood up and Yoongi looked at him.

“Where are you going?” Hoseok asked.

“I’m going to make dinner for us.” V said.

“But I thought you are tired.” Yoongi asked.

“I felt bad.” V said.

Before Yoongi could open his mouth, his phone rang. He looks at the caller ID and he sighs.

“I have to go.” He said. “Boss is calling.”

“But your dinner…?” V asked.

“Don’t worry.” Yoongi said. “I can whip up some ramyun later.”

“We’ll treat you to dinner once you’re free.” Hoseok said. “I’m really thankful that you gave us a hand today.”

Yoongi smiled and he walked slowly out of the café. The only thing that he didn’t like about his job is because of sudden jobs in the middle of the night. He reached into his pocket and pulled out three name cards. He sighs. Three places for him to collect souls tonight. Yoongi travelled across the town to pick up three of the souls and bought them back to the headquarters to allow them to pass over. He sighs when he reached his own apartment and he punched in his security codes. He took off his shoes and he didn’t even realized that the lights were on. He sat down on his sofa and rubs his eyes.

“Hey…” Someone called him and Yoongi sprung up. He turned to look at who just called him and lets out a sigh of relieve when he saw that it was V.

“What? How…?” Yoongi asked.

“Jin helped.” V said. “Sorry for scaring you like that but uh… I made dinner for you.”

“What?” Yoongi blinked. “Why?”

“Jin said that you have to visit three places tonight.” V said. “And you helped us out the entire evening and didn’t even have a chance to eat.”

Yoongi walked towards the kitchen table and he was shocked to see that V had made a full course meal for him. There were side dishes, soup, grilled fish, stir fried vegetables and a bowl of rice. V even made barley tea for him and everything looked very nice. Yoongi was so surprised that he couldn’t keep his mouth shut.

“Did you and Hoseok ate anything yet?” He asked.

“Hoseok complained that I cook the same thing every day.” V said and shrugged. “He’s tired of my cooking I guess.” He laughed. “He went for fried chicken and beer with his friend.”

“What about you?”

“Oh me? Don’t worry about me.” V said. “I’m fine.”

“I mean you cook more than enough for one person.” Yoongi said. “Let’s just finish it up together.”

The two of them ended up having dinner together very late in the evening. They were both quiet and ate their food slowly. Yoongi did the dishes after they both finished and V sat down on the sofa. He was looking around but his eyelids were already starting to betray him. His eyes were closing slowly no matter how hard he tries to keep them open. He blinks a couple of times but to no avail. He fell asleep on the sofa and didn’t even realize that Holly had made herself comfortable on his stomach. The two of them were sleeping soundly together and V began to snore softly. Yoongi was wiping his hands when he saw that both V and Holly were snoring and they looked really comfortable. He wanted to wake V up but he looked so comfortable that he didn’t have the heart to do it. He tried to move Holly away but she growled at him when he tried to pick her up. Yoongi wanted to try to pick V up so that he could carry him to the guest room but Yoongi had a much smaller frame than V and V is so much taller than he is. He felt bad leaving V in the living room by himself so he decided to bring out blankets and pillows so that all three of them could sleep in the living room together.


“Good morning…. Oh…” Jin realized that he was too loud when he saw Holly growling at her. He saw both Yoongi and V was sleeping on the floor together, facing each other. He smiled to himself and shakes his head. He took the blankets that had been kicked away by Yoongi and gently placed it on Yoongi and V. He looked at the time, it was only 7am. Jin took a last look at the both of them and chuckled gently when Holly went back to sleep on top of the blanket. He then walked towards the kitchen and took out kimchi, eggs and flour. He was going to make kimchi pancakes for breakfast.

The smell of kimchi wafts across the apartment and Yoongi was woken by the aroma of freshly made pancakes. He opens his eyes and he was shocked by V’s face in front of his. He rubs his eyes to ensure that what he saw was real and he gasps when he saw V’s face was really near to his. He moves away from V and grabs Holly away from him. He didn’t want Holly to disturb V while he was still sleeping. He got up and he walks towards the kitchen and he saw Jin still cooking. He walked towards the fridge and grabs his bottle of water from it and gulps down the water. Jin turns off the stove and puts the plate onto the table. He sat down and sips on the coffee he made earlier.

“Explain.” He said when Yoongi sat down on the chair across the table.

“I swear I did nothing.” Yoongi said.

“Did you guys…? Ehem…” Jin raises his eyesbrows.

“Jin.” Yoongi looks him in the eye. “I like girls.”

“Fine by me.” Jin shrugged. “I won’t judge.”

“Why are you here again?” Yoongi asked.

“I’m here to check on you.” Jin said. “What happened last night?”

Yoongi sighs. “Lost sight on one of them. Seems like it won’t be an easy one.”

“It’s been years since we’ve had a difficult one.” Jin shakes his head.

Their conversation was cut short by V, he sat up and stares blankly at Holly and then to Jin and Yoongi. His eyes widen when he finally realized that he is not at his home and the dog is not Yeontan. He looked at Yoongi and then he looked down on himself, he realized that his jacket had been taken off, and so is his socks. His face immediately flushed red in colour and he sat there frozen. He grabbed his jacket, wore his socks and snapped his fingers. He was about to run to the front door when Yoongi cleared his throat.

“What are you doing?” Yoongi asked.

V wanted to slap himself in the face. He was so embarrassed that he forgot that stopping the time does not affect Jin and Yoongi. He turns slowly and gave them a huge smile and dart out of the door. Yoongi looked at Jin and Jin shrugged at him. They both raised their hand and snapped their fingers at the same time.

“Jin…” Yoongi looked at him.

“Sorry.” Jin laughed. He snapped his fingers again and Holly continued barking at the door.

V stopped running at one of the convenience store nearby to catch his breath. He didn’t know why he ran away but his body just react that way.

“Did we…?” He mumbled. “I don’t think we did anything… Right?” He asked himself. “Why did I run away? And why did I try to stop the time?” He kept hitting himself on the forehead. “And I am fully clothed and so is Yoongi… Why did I panicked?”

“What are you doing?” Jin asked from behind him suddenly.

“Uughhh!” V got shocked by him. “Why do you like to scare me like this?”

“Just so you know, Yoongi said you guys did nothing.” Jin laughed. “And… He’s straight.”

“And so am I.” V blushed. He knew that he misunderstood what happened between him and Yoongi.

“Yeah. Right.” Jin nods. “I totally believed you. Of course.”

“And I can sense the sarcasm coming from you again.” V gave him a side eye. “What do you want?”

“Can’t I just talk to my brother?” Jin smiled.

V looked at him and blinked. “You have something to tell me don’t you?”

Jin’s smile dropped into a small frown. He takes out a name card from his pocket and he shows it to V. V took it from him and his shoulder drops. It was his name.

“We all knew this will come one day.” Jin said. “And you know I can only help you extend your time by a few more years. You’ll need to return one day.”

“I want to stay here Jin.” V said.

“I know.” Jin sighs. “I know.”

“I have friends here. A job, a house, a dog. A life.”

“You do know that your mother…” Jin clears his throat. “Mum wants you back with us.”

“All that after she decided to throw me away 15 years ago? I was only 8 Jin. 8.” V said.

“V… No. Taehyung…” Jin shakes his head. “Listen to me.”

“I am not Taehyung anymore… You got to grow up with a family and what did I get? Moving from one foster home to another, being rejected just because I’m special?”

“You knew why dad did this.” Jin was still trying to calm V down.

“What I know is that I have no family and Hoseok is the only person I trust.”V said and he turned to walk away. He took a few steps forward and he paused. “Just… Make it as long as possible so that I have more time here.”

Jin nods and he sighs. He knew that it will not be as easy as his family think it would be.


*Flashback to fifteen years ago*

“V…” Jin called. “V? Taehyung?” He called again, gently.

“Yes?” V came running from the kitchen to find his brother’s back facing him. He smirked and jumped onto Jin’s broad back.

“Get off me!” Jin laughed. “It tickles!”

“Say I am cuter and more handsome than you are.” V laughed. “Then I will let you go.”

“Okay okay!” Jin laughed. “You are the cutest and most handsome in this family.”

V lets go of him and got off of his back. He looked at his brother and he smiled. “What is it?”

Jin’s expression changed and he looked worried. “Mum and dad is looking for you.” He said. “I think they have something to tell you.”

V followed Jin to their father’s study and it was in complete silence. His mother was wiping tears away from her eyes and his father’s expression was stern. V was still a kid but he knew that something is going to happen. And he knew that it is about him.

“Taehyung.” His father called him. “Come here my boy.”

V walked slowly towards his father and he stood in front of him. He looked at his father and he gave him a smile.

“What is it father?”

All of them went silent. All eyes are on V and no one is saying anything.

“We… Have a problem…” His father said. “You do know that people like us are not normal… Right?”

“I know.” He nods. “We’re special messengers that help people move on once they are dead.”

“That’s right.” His father nods. “And we are indeed special and our family in particular comes from a long line of messengers and we have been serving the Gods for a long long time.”

“I know.” V nods. “You and mum had been telling me a lot about our family stories.”

“Taehyung…” His father sighs. “But I have to tell you something…” He paused for a while. “You… You are very special.”

“How so?”

“We need you to go live with humans for a few years.”

“With humans? Why?”

Jin’s hands were already tighten into a fist. He already knew the reason and what is happening.

“So that you could know what it’s like to live as a human.” His father said. V believed him but Jin knew that he was lying. He wanted to protect his brother but he can’t.

“But I have to be away from all of you?” He asked.

“Just for a couple of years.” His father nods. “I promise.”

But it wasn’t just for a couple of years. It was more than a couple of years. Jin had been meeting V secretly almost every day. He had been taking care of his brother secretly without his parents and V himself knowing. V got tired of waiting; he gave up waiting for his parents to bring him home. He decided that they hated him and they abandoned him. He trusted Jin and only Jin, until he met Hoseok. Hoseok was his only friend for many years. He is the only one accepts V and listens to his story. Jin had tried to explain to V the real reason why he is forced to leave his family, but V refused to listen every time.

Jin knew. He knew everything. He knew the real reason to why his parents did that. And the first time that he ever rebelled against his parents was to let V keep his time control powers. He didn’t want V to forget who he is and what he is capable of. V is someone that is way more special than he thinks he is. Jin and V’s family have been loyal for years, but his father… His father did something wrong that had anger the Gods. He exchanged someone’s life with somebody else. He made someone murder someone to cheat death. But that of course, did not work. Death himself gave the punishment to their father: one, death. Two, sacrificing one of his children to live as a human for 10 years to let them learn how precious life is. Jin, being the eldest in the family, volunteered but was rejected by his father.

“Why can’t I go?” Jin asked.

“You have a bright future in front of you.” His father said, sternly. “You know how the Gods like you and how Death wanted you to be a messenger.”

“Taehyung is still young.” Jin said. “You can’t do this to him.”

“He will have to understand.” His father said.

Jin’s eyes widen. He could not understand why his father would this to his brother. He wanted to be rational, he wanted to be understanding but he can’t. V is his only friend since he was born and now he is going to leave? He can’t accept that.

“I hate you.” Jin mumbled and he walked out of his father’s study.

V got to know the truth during his 18th birthday. His mother told him everything through a letter and she said that Death had allowed him to go back to his family.

“No.” V had already made up his mind.

“Death is not someone that forgives easily Taehyung.” Jin said. “If you reject his offer now, you might never get to return.”

“I don’t care.” V said. “I have no relation with the Kim family anymore.”

“Kim Taehyung.”

“I am V.”

The two of them kept quiet for a long time. Jin can sense the anger in V and in himself as well. Jin sighs and he stood up.

“I’ll come back when you have calmed down.” Jin said.

V hated this. He trusted his family, but all they did was to throw him away. Why must he be responsible for the mistakes of his family? He cried that night after Jin left. He knew that there is no turning back now once he rejected Death’s offer.


“HONK HONK!”

“God dammit.” Yoongi stopped walking and he sighs.  Everything around his stops again and he knew immediately. He walked around, looking for V. He saw him pushing a grandpa on a bicycle away from the middle of the road and he smiled slightly. He’s still stubborn as always.

V smiled to himself when he had made sure that the grandpa was safe from the truck. He snapped his fingers and everything moved again. He turned and bumped into Yoongi and he gave him an innocent smile.

“You know what you did right?”

“It’s not the first time anyway.” V shrugged. “You guys do your job well.” He pats Yoongi’s shoulders.  He tried to walk away but Yoongi grabbed his arm and pulled him back.

“Why are you doing this?” He asked.

V smirked. “You know… Don’t you?”

“Actually… I don’t.” Yoongi said. “You need to explain.”

“Didn’t Jin tell you why?”

“I just have to follow instructions, no questions.” Yoongi said.

“Follow me.” V said. The two of them walked to V’s apartment and went in. V made coffee and the two of them sat down by the kitchen table.

“Didn’t Jin tell you he’s my brother?”

“He did.” Yoongi said.

“He told you everything?” V asked.

“Everything.”

“Then do you know why I am doing this? Messing up you guys’ jobs and  causing trouble.”

“Because you hated your brother?” Yoongi shrugged.

V shakes his head. “No.”

“Then why?” Yoongi asked.

“Because I value life.” V said. “I am not immortal anymore Yoongi. I can die and I know how terrifying that is.”

Yoongi kept quiet.

“I was not afraid of death when I am alone. I didn’t care.” V said and took a sip from his coffee. “But once I had Yeontan and met Hoseok, I am scared. I am scared that if I die, Hoseok would not have anyone to help him and Yeontan would not have someone to take care of them. I only have a friend and a dog to care for and yet I am still so afraid that they might be sad if I left. Imagine all those people with family, with a bright future.” He said. “It is not fair for them.”

“I never knew.” Yoongi said. “I’m sorry.”

V smiled. “Well I am sorry for always making your job difficult.”

“You said you don’t have anyone.” Yoongi looked at him. “You have me. I am always following you anyway.”

V laughed. “Well. Yeah.”

“What about Jin?” Yoongi asked. “Don’t you think he might be worried? He is your brother anyway.”

“I know.” V said. “So that’s why I let you follow me.”

“What does that supposed to mean?”

“I can even make my own brother give up on following me. Don’t you think I can make you stop as well?”

“Well. Prove it.”

“I don’t have to.” V said. “Jin knows.”

“And that’s why he needs me.”

“Why is that?”

Yoongi smirked and he stood up. He walked closer towards him and leans closer to V. Their faces were literally just a few inches away and Yoongi looks V in the eyes.

“Because.” He said. “I am the most stubborn messenger you will ever see.”

V blushed. He pulled away from Yoongi and that makes Yoongi smirked.

“Hoseok should be waiting for me.” V said and he grabbed his phone. “I should get going.”

“I’ll go along with you.” Yoongi said. “Time for lunch anyway.”

The two of them walked slowly towards Hoseok’s café and went in. Jin was already inside, waiting for V. He stood up once he saw V coming in and he smiled when he saw he was with Yoongi. That’s when he knew that V will be safe with Yoongi around.

“You are sure about this?” He asked while handing V a pile of documents to sign. “You will have to wait another 5 years.”

“I know.” V said and begin signing the documents required for him to stay human.

“You’ll stay dead if something bad happens.”

“I know.”  V said while still looking down to continue signing the papers.

“It’s not permanent.”

“Jin.” V looks up. “I know.”

Jin looks at Yoongi and Yoongi just shrugged.

“Jin.” V called him. “Tell mum I’m sorry.”

“I will.” Jin nods and he took the papers from V. “I’ll see you soon.” He said and walked out of the café.

“Are you sure about this?” Hoseok asked.

“Yes.” V said firmly.

“Really?” Yoongi suddenly asked.

“I’ll be in the kitchen if you guys need me.” V said and walked away. Yoongi’s gaze followed V and he sighs when V disappeared into the kitchen.  


“The date today is 24th of August. Weather: Stormy.”

“Thanks Alexa.” Yoongi said and pats the small device that was on his table. “Stormy huh.”

Yoongi looked outside and he took a deep breath. “Alexa, play some rap music.”

“Rap music, playing.” Alexa said and started playing August D.

Yoongi sat down on his sofa and he begins to flips through his planner. It’s been quite calm these few days and Hoseok is off for vacation, leaving the café closed for a week. V had been staying at home for the past few days. He didn’t answer his phone or reply any of Yoongi’s texts.

“Whatever.” Yoongi said and ended his call. “His problem is not mine anyway.”

Yoongi began making hot chocolate for himself he took out his mug from the cupboard and milk from the fridge. He turns on the stove and before he could even pour in the milk in the pot, his phone rang. Yoongi turns off the stove and he walked towards his phone. His eyes widen when he saw that it was V who called him. Yoongi answered it without any hesitation.

“Hello?”

“Yoongi?”

“What?”

“I… I love…”

Yoongi’s heartbeat got faster. His face became hot and his palms became sweaty.

“I love my brother Jin!” V said and laughed.

Yoongi’s heart dropped. He knew that V is not going to say anything weird but his he didn’t know why, his heart still dropped.

“What are you talking about?” Yoongi asked. “What…?”

V continued chuckling by himself and Yoongi got more confused.

“V? Where are you?” Yoongi asked.

“I’m right here.” V said.

“Are you drunk?”

“No.” V answered and then he suddenly hiccupped.

“You are.” Yoongi said. “Where are you?”

“I’m… *hiccup* at…? Where am I?” V asked Yoongi.

“Oh god.” Yoongi said and he stood up. He grabbed his raincoat and his umbrella and with a snap of his fingers, he teleported to V’s house. He knocked on the door but no one answered. He called V’s phone again but no one answered.

“Damn it.” Yoongi mumbled. He continued knocked on the door louder but still, no answer. He gave up after a few minutes and decided to walk along the streets to look for V. He opened his umbrella and begins walking slowly. The longer he walks, the more he begins to wonder why is he doing this. Then again, Jin trusted him with V and he had this responsibility to take care of V. Yoongi walked slowly and he was peeking into every shop he could see. The rain is not helping much and it feels like it was getting heavier. Yoongi was looking for V for almost 30 minutes and just when he was about to give up, he saw a familiar person sitting in the bus stop. He walked nearer and it was V.

V was staring into the blank with his arms wrapped around him and he was soaked from head to toe. V smelled like alcohol and Yoongi saw beer cans beside him. Yoongi sighed. He tapped V on the shoulder and V looked up at him, smiling.

“You’re here.” V said.

“What are you doing?” Yoongi asked. “Jin is not going to like this.”

V kept quiet.

“Come on. I’ll get you home.” Yoongi said.

“Don’t you think I am a bad son?” V suddenly asked.

“Huh?”

“Don’t you think I am a disappointment?”

Yoongi kept quiet. He knew that V had been sad these few days and without Hoseok to cheer him up, things had been getting worse. Yoongi got anxious, he is TERRIBLE at comforting people.

“You don’t have to answer that.” V said. “I know the answer anyway.”

“No.” Yoongi said. “You’re not.”

“Huh?” V looked at her.

“I don’t think you are a disappointment.” Yoongi said and looks at V.

V smiled. “Thank you.”

The two of them sat there for some time and both of them just sat there and observe the rain falling. Yoongi suddenly remembers that V is soaked and he needs a change of clothes. And just as he was about to stand up, V fell on his shoulders. Yoongi’s heartbeat got faster and he looked down at V, who had fallen asleep. Yoongi sighs again. He knew that he is not capable to carry V back by himself. He tried to wake V up but V was dead asleep. Yoongi gave up and he wanted to try teleporting but he was scared that V could not teleport because he is human. Yoongi closed his eyes and he decided to give it a try. He snapped his fingers and he disappeared, leaving V crashing straight onto the ground.

“!” Yoongi snapped his fingers again once he realized that V is not with him. He teleported back immediately and was kinda relieved that V is still dead asleep, but this time, on the ground. Yoongi gave up and called for Jin’s help in the end.

Jin was furious when he saw his brother was drunk, wet and sleeping in a public area. He couldn’t do much as he was needed back at the messengers’ headquarters immediately. He carried V back to his apartment and asked Yoongi to take care of him. Jin gave V a last glance, sighed and teleported back. Once Jin was gone, Yoongi’s shoulders dropped. He is tired. He looked at V and he walked towards V’s wardrobe to look for something to change V into. He got a towel and V’s pyjamas and when he was taking V’s jacket off, V’s eyes suddenly open and he looks directly into Yoongi’s eyes. Yoongi got shocked and before he could do anything, V grabbed his arms and pulls it. Yoongi was pulled onto the bed and V pins him on the bed.

“V? What are you doing?” Yoongi asked. “Are you sober now? I was just trying to help you change your clothes.”

Without saying anything, V leans closer to Yoongi’s face and gave him a kiss on the lips. Yoongi was terrified. However, his heart was beating so fast and his face was so hot that he felt like he was going to die. They stayed that way for a couple of minutes until V lost conscious again and fell flat on top of Yoongi. Yoongi pushes V off of him and he dashed out of the apartment in lightning speed. He was embarrassed, but out of anything, he was more shocked and terrified. He did not understand what is that feeling that he had felt when V kissed him, he did not understand why would he feel like this when a guy kissed him.