Fallen Leaves: Epilogue

Bangtan Boys One Shot Collections


 

Jimin was washing the cups that were in the sink. He had stopped going to the coffee shop for two years now and finally today was the day he will be returning to work. Taehyung and Jungkook had been taking care of the coffee shop and Jimin. After Yoongi’s death, Jimin had been stuck at home for the last two years. Taehyung and Jungkook had been buying groceries to his house and helping him clean his house on the first three months after the news of Yoongi death.

“Jimin please pull yourself together!” Jungkook came stomping into Jimin’s room. “IT’S BEEN THREE MONTHS!”

Jimin pulled the sheets over his head and grunts. He doesn’t like to get out of bed that early.

“Jimin, you need to get back to the coffee shop.” Taehyung said and pulled the sheets away. “It’s been three months!”

Jimin sat up and looks at Taehyung. Taehyung already had tears in his eyes. He tried to blink it away but he ends up turning away, sniffing. Jungkook looked at Jimin and sat down beside him. He sighed.

“Jimin, please.” Jungkook pats his shoulders. “Get a hold of yourself. We cannot lose you.”

“You’re being ridiculous.” Jimin said and smiled.

“You reek of alcohol.” Jungkook sniffed and said. “Why Jimin why?”

“Because” Jimin looked at Jungkook and hits his own left chest. “It hurts here.”

Jungkook sighed. “I know… But you can’t just throw yourself away like this.”

“Yoongi wouldn’t want to see you like this.” Taehyung said. “Jimin please.”

Jimin looked at both Taehyung and Jungkook, his two best friends. He begins laughing.

“He’s lost it.” Jungkook whispered to Taehyung.

“Yoongi…” Jimin murmured. “He’s gone. Forever.”

“Jimin…”

“Get out.” Jimin suddenly said.

“But we…”

“I said get out!” Jimin shouted and started to throw pillows towards the two of them. “GET OUT!”

Taehyung gently pulled Jungkook away. They left the room and closed the door gently. Jungkook was already crying. It hurts to see their most cheerful friend breaks down. Taehyung gave him a tight hug and pats his head.

“Why does this have to happen?” Jungkook cries into Taehyung’s shoulder.

“We’ll have to wait Kookie.” Taehyung said. “Only time will heal him now.”

Taehyung wasn’t completely right, it has been two years now and Jimin is finally able to stand up and face the world again. It still hurts whenever he looks at the photo book on the shelf. He smiles; sometimes he thinks that he himself is crazy. Jimin had this habit of talking to the book, he thinks of the book as Yoongi and he always tells him everything.

“Yoongi ah, I’m going back to Fallen Leaves today.” He said. “It’s the first time in two years.”

He walks slowly towards the direction of the coffee shop, the familiar road that he used to walk every day. He walks slowly while enjoying the view and the feeling of it. Wind was blowing gently and Jimin really likes it. He stops at the cherry blossom tree that was just outside the shop and he smiled. It was spring again, the season where he met Yoongi for the first time. He gently pushed open the door and step inside.

“Wel… JIMIN!” Taehyung looked up and shouted.

“Jimin?” Jungkook looked at Jimin’s direction. “JIMIN!”

The two of them ran towards Jimin and gave him such a huge hug that all three of them fell.

“What are you guys doing?” He asked, laughing.

“You’re back!” Jungkook smiled. “You’re finally back!”

“We thought you will never come back.” Taehyung said.

“Idiots.” Jimin said and pats their heads. “Of course I will come back.”

Jimin stood up and looked around, yeah, still the same coffee shop. He glanced at the table that Yoongi always sit at and back to Taehyung.

Taehyung smiled and nods. “The table is still the same.”

Jimin smiled. He walked towards the table and the carvings are still there. He sat down on the chair and he sighed. “It’s been a long two years huh.”

“We’re glad you’re back.” Jungkook said and placed a cup of coffee on the table.

“It’s great to be back too.” Jimin said and sips on his coffee.

Jimin walks happily back to the counter and puts on his apron. It has been two years since he had ever made coffee but everything is still familiar to him. He naturally takes an order from a customer and makes it. He smiles when he sees the coffee he made, yup, still the same.

The door opens and the bell on the door rings. Jimin was busy with his coffee that he didn’t even look up.

“Welcome!” Jimin said while wiping the cups.

“A cup of hot mocha please.” A familiar voice said.

Jimin immediately looks up and his jaw dropped open, the cup on his hands fell to the floor. Jimin couldn’t believe his eyes and he stares at the man in front of him.

“Yoo… Yoongi?” He asked.

“Sorry?” The man looked at him and asked.

“Yoongi!” Jimin looked at him and called. “You are Yoongi!”

“What are you… Taehyung stopped. “Yoongi?”

“Who is Yoongi?” The man asked. “And I don’t know you sir, it’s my first time here.”

Jimin shook his head. “You are Yoongi.” He said and walked towards him. “You are him, I knew it.”

“I’m sorry, you must have had the wrong person.” He said. “I don’t know this Yoongi person.”

“Spring 2015, the time where we first met…” Jimin suddenly said. “You were sitting alone upstairs, taking pictures of everything.”

“What?”

“Summer, we decorated this place together and it is the first time you stayed up later than usual.”

Jimin walked closer and closer towards the man that looked like Yoongi.

“And this, this is yours.” Jimin said and took out a phone from his pocket. It was Yoongi’s phone.

“What are you…?” He stops. He took the phone from Jimin and stares at it.

“It’s still usable.” Jimin said. “I have been paying the bills of it for the past two years.”

Jimin had been paying the bills just because he wanted the number to be still usable. Whenever he felt sad or misses Yoongi, he would dial up the number and wait for Yoongi’s voice.

“I am currently unavailable to answer your calls. Please try again later or leave a message after the beep.”

Jimin unlocks the phone and passed it to him. 730 voice mails, all from Jimin.

“You’ll be able to understand after you read and listen to all these.” Jimin said.

“Voice mail 1. Beep. Hey Yoongi, it’s me. I got your photo book and it was great. You were great. The pictures came out nicely and how dare you take pictures of me without even asking. I’m going to let you pay for it!”

“Voice mail 680. Beep. Yoongi! I’ve been making plans to go back to work but I don’t think I’m ready yet. I missed you. And I really wanted to see you… Anyway, I need to go workout now, talk to you soon, bye.”

“Voicemail 700. Beep. I cried today Yoongi. Walking pass Fallen Leaves made me thought of you and it hurts so badly. For every day and every night, I have been thinking of you and wishing that you would appear the very next day, but I guess miracles don’t happen that way huh. Well, I’ve been drinking and I felt bad so I immediately went exercising the next day to sweat out the alcohol haha… Well, I’ll talk to you soon, need to get to bed now. Miss you! Bye…”

“Voice mail 730. Beep. Hey, guess what. I’m going back to Fallen Leaves tomorrow! I didn’t tell Taehyung or Jungkook about it, it’s going to be a surprise for them! I guess your table is still sitting there, untouched. It’s been a while, two years since I went back there… I missed you and I missed Taetae and Kookie too. Well, that’s it then. I’ll talk to you soon. Bye!”

Yoongi looks up and saw Jimin crying. Some images were flashing through the mind. Yoongi had a headache and he looked at Jimin. Jimin sniffed and wipes the teas away. Yoongi stares at him and blinked.

“I don’t remember you but it seems like… You’re someone important to me.”

Jimin kept quiet and looks at him.

“Do you mind if I have this?” He asked and raised the phone on his hand. “I just needed a lot of answers…”

“Sure.” Jimin said. “It’s yours anyway…” He tried to force out a smile for Yoongi.

“Thank you.” Yoongi said.

That night, Yoongi began reading all the logs he had written before. Even so, he couldn’t remember anything. He listened to all 730 voicemails from Jimin, trying very hard to remember Jimin, to remember Fallen Leaves but he just couldn’t. Something else in these memories was missing. But what Yoongi knows that Jimin and Fallen Leaves are both important to him. He began walking around his house, looking for more clues that he could have missed. He kneeled down beside his bed and looked under the bed. There was a box there, he pulled it out and he opened it. Fallen Leaves. Yoongi immediately flips through the pages of the photo book, trying to look for explanations for everything. 

Yoongi went back to the coffee shop the next day. He needed to see Jimin again and he needed to talk to him. He pushed open the door and the familiar tinkling made him look up.

“Welcome!”

Yoongi looked at Jimin and Jimin looked back at him. Jimin suddenly smiles and walked towards him.

“How are you feeling today?” He asked.

Yoongi shook his head. “I’m sorry. I still don’t remember who you are.”

Jimin’s smile fade away. “It’s okay.” He said. “There’s no need to rush.”

“Can you help me?” Yoongi asked and Jimin nods.

Jimin gently grabs Yoongi’s hand and leads him to the table that Yoongi always sits at. Yoongi sat down and he looks around, trying hard to remember all these.

“I’ll be back.” Jimin said and walked back towards the counter.

Yoongi’s gaze followed Jimin. He looked at him while Jimin was making coffee, the gentle smile, the professional skills and that glow was all so familiar to him, but he just couldn’t remember. Jimin came back a few moments later with a cup on his hand. He placed the cup down gently in front of Yoongi and he smiles. The smile that Yoongi loved.

“I know you hated bitter.” Jimin said. “This is your coffee. Yours and only yours.”

Yoongi looks down at the cup and takes a sip of the coffee. It was not bitter at all, just how he liked it.

Jimin turns away, wanting to walk back to the counter but Yoongi grabbed his arm, he pulls him back and looked him in the eye.

“…. Jimin?”


 

Two years ago…

Namjoon was pacing along the hospital corridor. Yoongi is already lying in the surgery room, having the surgery done. He keeps looking his watch, waiting for anything to happen at all. He finally gave up and he sat down, waiting for news of Yoongi. Suddenly a nurse came running out of the surgery room, Namjoon stood up and grabs her.

“What’s going on in there?” He asked, panicking.

“The patient has no pulse.” The nurse said. “I’m calling for another doctor for help.”

Namjoon froze. His grip got loose and the nurse runs away. He stares at the floor, spacing out. He walks away, Namjoon is scared, and he is scared to get any news from the doctor. He called his assistant and booked the earliest flight off to Busan. The place where Yoongi loved the most. He didn’t know that Yoongi wasn’t dead, he was saved. He was saved and the surgery was a success. He went into coma for a long time, and when he finally woke up…

“Min Yoongi?” The doctor called.

“What?”

“Your name, its Min Yoongi.”

“I’m sorry, I don’t remember.”

Yoongi lost his memories. All of them, Jimin, Fallen Leaves, Taehyung, and Jungkook. He didn’t know who he is. He was sent back to his home where he found a lot of things that he doesn’t remember. He then saw his worktable, pictures of a café named Fallen Leaves. He got curious and decided to go  search for this café for more answers. He search and search until one day he finally found it. He saw Fallen Leaves and it looked so familiar that he had to step in. Then he met him, the man that looked so familiar, so warm and so beautiful… Park Jimin. 


Hey guys, this is what me and partner in crime had planned. 

So... Don't hate us too much hahahahaha