Fallen Leaves (Yoonmin)

Bangtan Boys One Shot Collections


Yoongi was walking around the new town he found out a few days ago. He held his camera on his hand tightly while walking around, looking around for subjects to photograph. Photography to Yoongi is something that he loves, something that he must have. His childhood friend, Namjoon, once said that photography is probably the reason that Yoongi doesn’t have any friends. That isn’t true but isn’t false at all too. Yoongi rarely interacts with people, to him, interacting with people is harder than photography. He dislikes mingling around with people and he really hate to cause any scene and so that’s why he committed all his will to photography. Yoongi is really talented, his works had been nominated lots of times and he had won many awards too. He had published a lot of photo books, many of them featured the unique scenery he found overseas but never from Korea. So that’s why he had devoted his time more into looking for an interesting place for him to photograph in Korea. He chose to go to one of the unique town that he had found in Busan; the Gamcheon Culture Village.

 

And just as he was walking down the street, a shop in a distance caught his eyes. Its exterior was so unique that Yoongi walked closer towards it. There are bright coloured flowers hanging from the awnings, flowers and leaves growing along the brick wall and the tables and chairs all have different themes. Yoongi looked up to look for the signboard and realised that it was a coffee shop. Fallen Leaves was the name of the shop. Yoongi’s eyebrows furrowed. He looked at his watch to check the time, it was already pass noon but the shop is still unopened. He really wanted to step inside the shop to take a closer look. Without second thought, Yoongi took out his camera and began snapping away. He really liked the feel of this shop, there were flowers everywhere, surrounding the shop. There was also a tree beside it, allowing the customers who wanted to sit outside have some extra shade.  And just as he was shooting a few more pictures, his camera ran out of battery. Yoongi frowned. He checks his bags for extra batteries but there were none. He checked his pockets too but there were nothing in there. He sighs as he walks away to his car to get the batteries that he had placed in the dashboard earlier.

 

“Hyung that was a great lunch.” Jungkook said while looking at Taehyung. “Thanks for the lunch hyung.”

 

“Yah that will be deducted from your pay.” Jimin said, teasing Jungkook.

 

“Look.” Taehyung pointed at the leaving Yoongi. “We just lost a customer because we were late.”

 

“Oh…” Jimin said and looked at the direction that Taehyung was pointing at. “Well, if he really likes our shop, he would come back.”

 

“By the way hyung...” Jungkook said as he unlocks the door and turns on the lights inside. “Do you think that the design in here looked spring enough? Does it give you a spring kind of feel?” He asked.

 

“It does.” Jimin said and nods. “We just need more flowers and we’re all set.”

 

Jimin smiled as he puts on his apron. He really liked this shop that the three of them had decided to open. Originally it was just him and Taehyung running the shop, but after Taehyung and Jungkook got together, he got another helping hand. Jimin didn’t really need to open up this shop, his father owns one of the largest entertainment companies in Korea and Jimin could just laze around at home every day, doing nothing. Even so, Jimin hated that kind of life. He really hated spending his father’s money and he really wanted to have a shop of his own. Instead of having his father funding him with money to open up the coffee shop, Jimin and Taehyung worked 3 jobs per day everyday for a year to buy this little shop they really loved. Jimin had huge plans for this coffee shop but they are starting small, step by step. He was the one that suggested that they should change up the interior and exterior according to the seasons. It was spring now so everything is decorated with bright coloured flowers and there are fresh flowers on every table.

 

“Taehyung ah, go brew up some coffee.” Jimin shouted from the counter. “We should get ready now.”

 

Yoongi on the other hand, just got the batteries for his camera and he was already on the way back to the coffee shop he found just now. He was shocked to see it opened now as it was closed just a few minutes ago. He smiled to himself and walked towards the shop. He began looking for angles that would allow him to take the best pictures. He took a few pictures and he looked at them, smiling from ear to ear as he was really satisfied with the outcomes. He pushed open the door and the bell on the doorway tinkles. He looked up and then back at the counter. He walks towards the counter, confused as there was no one around. He hesitated whether to ring the bell for service or to just wait. After a few seconds of staring at the bell, he decided to wait. Yoongi began to walk around the coffee shop, looking at the furniture and wallpapers. He was surprised as there was a second floor and he went up. There are books that were arranged neatly on the bookshelves and a few small tables around the bookshelf. The sunlight shone into the room through a sky hole and the whole room lit perfectly.

 

Yoongi was awed by this place. He automatically began pressing the shutter on the camera, capturing every single corner on the place. He smiled as he walked towards the bookshelves and looked at the books. He reached out and pulled out a book, The Little Prince, and he sat down by one of the tables. Just as he was about the flip the pages, he heard footsteps coming up the stairs and the next thing he knew, a pretty boy with orange hair was standing in front of him, blinking. Yoongi stares at him and he stares back. He didn’t know what to do next.

 

“Uhm, welcome sir.” Jimin said and bowed. “We’re sorry for not coming to your service sooner.”

 

Yoongi looked at the boy as he speaks.

 

“Would you like to order something?” Jimin asked.

 

Yoongi wanted to shook his head but he realized that he was in a coffee shop and that means that If he wanted to stay, he would have to order something. Yoongi dislikes coffee so he doesn’t know what to order. He stares at Jimin, hoping that he would open his mouth and ask him something but Jimin didn’t. Yoongi’s eyes began to wander; his eyes were moving faster, searching for something to help him as he didn’t want to look like an idiot in front of Jimin.

 

“Uhm do you need my help?” Jimin asked with his famous eye smile.

 

Yoongi’s heart skipped a beat from that killer smile. He looks at Jimin and nods.

 

“We have cappuccino, latte, frappuccino, caffe latte, Americano, caffee mocha, espresso and espresso macchiato.” Jimin said in one breath. “So, have you decided yet?” He asked.

 

Yoongi was confused. He was blurred by Jimin’s fast recital of the coffees and he just stared at Jimin. Jimin waited patiently and blinked a few times.

 

“Espresso.” Yoongi finally said.

 

“What?” Jimin looked at him.

 

“I would like a cup of espresso.” Yoongi repeated.

 

Jimin smiled and he bowed. “I’ll bring it upstairs once it’s done.”

 

Yoongi’s eyebrows furrowed again. He didn’t even know what had he just ordered or what is he going to receive. He had just simply said the one name that he remembered. And Jimin, Yoongi didn’t know what to feel about Jimin. He was too friendly and bubbly and that scared Yoongi a little. It made him felt weird and Yoongi had never felt like this before. He pushed away all these thoughts and he continue reading the book he got. While he was peacefully flipping the pages, Jimin returned with a tray on his hand and on the tray, is Yoongi’s coffee. Jimin gently placed the coffee on the table and he smiled again.

 

“Enjoy your drink.” He said and nods.

 

Yoongi looks at Jimin as he leaves and he looks down on his coffee. The cup used is cute and have little flowers decorated around it. Yoongi picks up the cup and he sniffs it, strong coffee smell, Yoongi thought. He decided to put down the cup beside the book and tries to take a picture. He positioned everything and he took out his camera. And just as he was about take a picture; his camera went out of focus and focuses on Jimin who was coming up the stairs behind. His finger pressed the shutter button and Jimin’s smiling face got captured. Yoongi look up and saw Jimin who was standing in front of him and he sighed.

 

“Oh, sorry for disturbing you.” Jimin said, embarrassed. “I’m just here to give you this.” He said and placed down a plate of cake. “It’s on the house because it’s our first anniversary.” Jimin smiled.

 

Yoongi looked at the cake and back at Jimin. He raised an eyebrow and continue staring at Jimin.

 

“Oh, sorry.” Jimin said and walked away. “I’ll be downstairs if you need me.”

 

Yoongi sighed. Finally alone again. Now that he got the cake, he decides to photograph that too. After arranging everything once again, he focuses on the things in front of him and he shoots. After taking a few shots, Yoongi is finally satisfied. He looked at his coffee and hesitated whether to drink it or not because he hated coffee. He isn’t the type to enjoy the bitterness of coffees. Yoongi stares at the cup and finally decided to give it a try. He bravely takes a mouthful of it and he froze. It was the bitterest thing that he had ever drunk in his entire life. He swallowed it and lets out a loud yelp. Loud enough for Jimin to hear. Jimin glanced towards the stairs, wondering what was Yoongi up to. Yoongi was munching down the cake Jimin brought to him just to make the taste of the coffee on his tongue gone. He sighed when he finished up his cake and slumped back down on the chair. At least the bitter taste is gone, Yoongi thought. He stood up and continues walking around the place, taking a few more pictures before he walk downstairs to pay. He looked at Jimin who was smiling while attending a customer who was paying. Yoongi walked towards the counter and Jimin smiled again.

 

“How may I help you?” Jimin asked.

 

“Paying.” Yoongi answered short.

 

“Okay.” Jimin smiled again.

 

Yoongi paid up and just as he was about to leave, something caught his eye. It was a wall, full of sticky notes of different colours stuck onto the wall. Yoongi walked closer to it to take a closer look, not noticing that Jimin had followed him.

 

“This is our Share-A-Coffee wall.” Jimin suddenly said, making Yoongi jump.

 

“Huh?” Yoongi looked at Jimin.

 

“It’s where people pay before hand for other people’s coffee.” Jimin said. “It’s the most popular during the winter because everyone needs something warm during winter.”

 

“Oh…”

 

“You wanna buy someone their coffee today?” Jimin asked.

 

Yoongi looked at Jimin. Then he nods slowly. Jimin smiled and hands Yoongi a pen and a sticky note. Yoong scribbled on it and stuck it onto the wall. He paid for that and he walked out without saying anything more. Jimin stared at the mint haired guy walked out of the shop, curious.

 

“Why are you staring at him?” Taehyung asked.

 

“He’s weird.” Jimin said. “But special.”

 


Yoongi found himself walking back towards the coffee shop two days after his first visit. The place had this special aura that attracts people back there. Yoongi mainly likes the atmosphere over there, it is calm and relaxing, making Yoongi felt at home. He pushed open the door and again, the bell on the doorframe rings gently.

 

“Welcome!” A familiar voice greeted him. Yoongi turned and look towards the counter; it was the same orange haired boy that had served him the other day. Yoongi nods and walked to the corner of the shop. He sat down and took out his camera and puts in on top of the table. Jimin looks at him and smiled. He walks towards Yoongi and tilted his head.

 

“You’re here again!” Jimin said cheerfully.

 

Yoongi looks at him. Jimin smiled brightly while continues looking at Yoongi.

 

“You don’t talk much do you?” Jimin asked.

 

Yoongi stares at Jimin. Why does this kid asks this many questions?

 

“I don’t.” Yoongi answered short. Jimin was shocked by his answer and he smiled again.

 

“Do you want to order espresso again?” Jimin asked.

 

Yoongi immediately shook his head. He remembered the bitter taste before and he didn’t like it at all. Jimin was confused.

 

“So you want to try something else?” He asked.

 

Yoongi nods. “Something sweeter.” He said.

 

“I see.” Jimin said and smiled. “I’ll be back later.” He said and walked back to the counter. Yoongi’s gaze followed Jimin’s movements.

 

Yoongi’s eyes keeps on following Jimin’s actions. His eyes were stuck onto Jimin who was busy making coffee behind the counter. Yoongi realized that the Jimin who was making coffee looks so different from before. He was serious and he way paying full attention to the things in front of him. Without hesitating, Yoongi takes up his camera and focuses it onto Jimin. He pressed the button and the picture was taken. Yoongi checked it and he smiled. He was satisfied with the picture. The natural lighting was on point and it shone brightly into the shop, making Jimin looked like he glowed. His posture looked professional and his expression was just perfect for the shot. Yoongi began taking a few more pictures of Jimin while he was working and every single shot he took was perfect.  A few minutes later, Jimin was back with a cup of hot steaming coffee.

 

“Here you go.” Jimin said. “Something sweeter as you requested.” He said and winked.

 

Yoongi looked at him and back at the coffee. Jimin pulled the chair that was opposite to Yoongi and he saw down. His head was resting on his hand while waiting for Yoongi to have a taste. His eyes were twinkling and he was anticipating Yoongi to drink it. Yoongi takes up the cup and gave it a sip. He was expecting the bitter taste of coffee to hit him again but surprisingly, it did not. He looks at Jimin, confused.

 

“This is mocha.” Jimin said. “Coffee with chocolate.” He added.

 

Yoongi nods. He liked it. It wasn’t too bitter and it wasn’t too sweet either. “Thank you.” He said.

 

Jimin smiled. He looked at Yoongi’s camera and he raised his eyebrows.

 

“So, you are a photographer?” He asked.

 

Yoongi nods.

 

“So you like to take pictures for fun?”

 

“No.” Yoongi said. “It’s what I love.”

 

“Ah…” Jimin nods. “I understand.”

 

The two of them went silent for a while. Jimin really wanted to chat more with Yoongi but Yoongi was already busy taking pictures around the coffee shop.

 

“Do you mind if I walk around?” Yoongi finally asked.

 

“No, of course not.” Jimin said. “Go ahead.”

 

Yoongi stood up and began walking around the coffee shop. He was taking pictures everywhere, from the counter to the sofa behind at the corner. He walks back to his seat a few moments later and Jimin was still there, looking at him.

 

“My name is Jimin, by the way.” Jimin said and extended his hand out for a handshake. “And you?”

 

“Min Yoongi.” He said.

 

“So I can call you Yoongi right?” Jimin asked and Yoongi nods. “I need to go back to work now.”

 

Yoongi looks at him. He wasn’t sure what to reply him, he just nods again. Jimin stood up and flashed a smile towards Yoongi. Yoongi was stunned. Every time Jimin smiled, he feels a weird feeling in his heart. Yoongi begins checking the pictures that he had taken and he saw the picture of Jimin. The very first picture that he had taken of Jimin. He smiled. Yoongi had not smiled for a long time and today is the first time in a long time. After checking all the pictures, he was satisfied. He finished up his drink and gets ready to pay.

 

“Leaving already?” Jimin asked and Yoongi just nods again. “So, will I be seeing you tomorrow?”

 

Yoongi looks at Jimin. He wasn’t sure why did Jimin asked him that. He wanted to say no, but he just couldn’t do it. After hesitating for a while, he nods.

 

“Great then!” Jimin smiled again. “I’ll be waiting for you tomorrow.”

 

Yoongi walked out of the coffee shop and after he walked a few steps, he turned around and looks at the shop. Fallen Leaves. That’s the name of the coffee shop.

 


Yoongi stood outside the coffee shop; he had not been here for a few days now. He hesitated whether to go in or not. And just then, he saw Jimin was already outside, watering the flowers and the plants. Jimin was smiling all the time, he was singing too when he was watering the plants. Yoongi stood there for a whole minute and he took out his camera and began taking pictures of Jimin. He was afraid that Jimin would see him so he just took a couple of quick shots but every picture still turns out perfect. He keeps his camera back into his bag and he walk towards Jimin. Jimin looked up as soon as he saw a hint of mint from Yoongi’s hair.

 

“You’re here!” Jimin said and pulled Yoongi’s hand. Yoongi was shocked. He wasn’t used to this kind of interactions with people because the only friend he had was Namjoon and he doesn’t do these kinds of stuffs. Jimin pulls Yoongi to the table that was under the tree and since it was spring, cherry blossoms were blooming. Yoongi was awed by how beautiful this place is. It awes him every time he comes here. “Wait here.” Jimin said and walked back into the shop. Yoongi couldn’t help but start to take pictures again. He had made up his mind to focus the concept of his photo book to this coffee shop. He likes this place.

 

Jimin came back with a tray on his hands and on the tray there are two cups and two slices of cake. Jimin placed the tray on the table and he sat down. He looked at Yoongi and he smiled.

 

“Why are you staring at me like this?” Jimin asked.

 

“What’s this?” Yoongi asked.

 

“Oh, just some treat.” Jimin said and Yoongi raised his eyebrows. “Okay, I can’t trick you. It’s actually my birthday.”

 

“Oh.” Yoongi blinked. “Happy Birthday.” He said short.

 

Jimin smiled. “Thank you!” He said.

 

Yoongi feels awkward. He didn’t know what to do, he’s not good in expressing himself and he doesn’t know what to react. He just smiled and that is the first time Jimin had seen Yoongi smiling.

 

“I have a question.” Yoongi suddenly said.

 

Jimin was shocked. This is the first time Yoongi had started the conversation.

 

“Why Fallen Leaves?” Yoongi asked.

 

Jimin looks at the signboard and back to Yoongi.

 

“That’s because this café looked the prettiest during autumn.” Jimin said.

 

“Autumn…?” Yoongi asked.

 

“Yup.” Jimin said. “And that’s my favourite season.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because it’s beautiful.” Jimin said with his eye smile showing. “And the colour. It’s pretty.”

 

Yoongi looks at Jimin. He is still amazed by how beautiful the guy that is sitting opposite to him. His smile, his laugh and the way he talks about his coffee shop, everything about him just amazes Yoongi. Yoongi suddenly starts coughing, he takes out his handkerchief and he coughs in it. He immediately puts his handkerchief back into his pocket when he saw Jimin looking concerned.

 

“Are you okay?” Jimin asked.

 

Yoongi nods. “Just caught a cold.” He said.

 

“Oh then should we go inside?”

 

Yoongi shakes his head. He likes it outside, there’s birds chirping and butterflies flying everywhere. He breathes in and out, enjoying every moment here. And from that day onwards, Yoongi begins to visit the coffee shop every other day. He became a regular at the shop that even Taehyung and Jungkook knows him. They would always call Jimin whenever they see Yoongi walking into the shop. Yoongi begins to feel comfortable with Jimin and the coffee shop. He even brings his laptop to the coffee shop to edit his pictures. He still takes pictures of Jimin secretly without him knowing. He wanted Jimin to be the model of this coffee shop for his photo book.

 

“Hey Yoongi!” Jimin saw Yoongi sitting down at his usual spot in the coffee shop, which is at the corner. “What are you doing?”

 

“Editing.” Yoongi said and immediately shuts his laptop. He didn’t want Jimin to know that he actually was editing his pictures.

 

“Oh.” Jimin glances at Yoongi’s phone which was on the table. He reached out and took Yoongi’s phone without Yoongi knowing. He called his own number and he smiled. Yoongi looks at him,  confused.

 

“Now we’ll have each other’s number.” Jimin said while smiling. Jimin took out his phone and saves Yoongi’s number.  Yoong Babo, that’s what is saved in Jimin’s phone. He giggled out of excitement and Yoongi just sat there, looking at him. Yoongi took his phone from Jimin and starts to type. Jimin tries to take a peek but Yoongi was being extra careful.

 

“Oh right!” Jimin suddenly pat Yoongi’s shoulder. “We’re changing up the decorations tomorrow to the summer theme. Wanna come and help?”

 

Yoongi thinks for a while. “Sure.” He answered.

 

“Yay!” Jimin said and began to jump around in excited. “Can’t believe it’s already summer!”

 

“Yeah…” Yoongi nods. “Time flies.”

 

“Oh right, how’s your photo book going?” Jimin asked.

 

“It’s okay.” Yoongi answered. “Not bad.”

 

“Oh right.” Jimin suddenly said. “Having the usual?” He asked and Yoongi nods.

 

The usual that Jimin talked about is actually latte, with extra sugar and milk because Yoongi really hates bitter. This drink is made only for Yoongi and it’s not available on the menu because Jimin knows that Yoongi cannot stand the taste of bitterness. He placed the cup down and Yoongi gave him a small smile. Jimin’s heart fluttered at that smile. Jimin went back to work after a few more minutes of annoying Yoongi. Yoongi sighed and also went back to work. He was busy editing and replying emails until that he forgot the time. He gasps when he realized that he had been sitting around for more than 4 hours. He quickly pack up and went back home, a little excited for tomorrow.

 

Yoongi came the next day, with a lot of equipment on both of his hands. He had wanted to take more pictures of Jimin working. He had to be extra careful today because he wanted it to be a surprise for Jimin. He had to pretend to be taking photos of the coffee shop’s transformation instead of Jimin.

 

“Aha, you’re late!” Jungkook said when Yoongi pushed open the door.

 

“Stop it Kookie.” Jimin said. “Yoongi is busy with his stuffs too.”

 

“Alright then guys, let’s just get to work.” Taehyung said and hands Jungkook a paintbrush. “Start by drawing on that wall you always wanted to decorate.”

 

Jimin laughed and gives Jungkook a pencil. “Make sure you sketch it first before you actually draw on it.”

 

Yoongi looks at the three of them working, drawing on the walls and changing up the tables. He was awed by how fast the three of them were working. Their teamwork is unbelievable. Yoongi takes out his camera and began shooting everything. Jimin and Taehyung fighting over what colour should be on the wall, Jungkook sneaking up a cake up his mouth, Jimin having paint on his face, and his favourite, Jimin looking into the camera and laughing happily. Today was the day that Yoongi have laughed this much, he had never had this much fun for almost 23 years of his life. And by the end of the day, all four of them collapse on the floor, exhausted.

 

“Hyung, I’m hungry.” Jungkook said.

 

“I’ll cook.” Taehyung said, sitting up.

 

“OH NO.” Jimin and Jungkook said in unison. “Please don’t.” Jimin added.

 

“What?” Taehyung blinked. “I cook alright.”

 

“No.” Jungkook said. “Hyung I love you but no.”

 

“I’ll cook.” Yoongi suddenly said and everyone looked at him. “We can have jajangmyun.” He added.

 

“Why?” Jimin asked.

 

“Because it felt like you moved.” Yoongi said. “Cause this place looked different.”

 

“That is kinda true.” Jungkook said. “If that’s the case, I’ll cook. I am alright if it’s instant.”

 

“You guys worked hard.” Yoongi said. “I’ll go.” He said and stood up.

 

“I’ll go with you.” Jimin said and stood up and tagged along.

 

Jimin pulled Yoongi into the kitchen and he pulls out the jajangmyun from the cabinet. He got the huge pot out and poured water in it.

 

“Now Jungkook is still growing so he eats a lot.” Jimin mumbles. “Taehyung’s been eating lesser, I should be worried about that…”

 

“Hey Jimin?” Yoongi called him. Jimin was shocked because that was the first time in a few months that Yoongi had called his name.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Do you need any help?”

 

“Yeah…” Jimin said. “How many packets should I cook?”

 

“8?” Yoongi asked. “Each two?”

 

“You’re probably right.” Jimin said. “Well, I’ll have to cook the noodles separately then, it’s too much.”

 

Yoongi ended up just standing by the tables, looking at Jimin cooking. Jimin was sweating a lot and Yoongi wipes it away using tissues he got from the counter. Jimin looked at him and smiled. After he’s done cooking, Taehyung and Jungkook had already fell asleep on the floor.

 

“These kids…” Jimin said and laughed. “All they do is sleep and eat and eat and sleep.”

 

“I’ll wake them up.” Yoongi said and gently pats Jungkook’s arm.

 

“He doesn’t wake up like that.” Jimin said. “You’ll need Taehyung to wake him up.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because it involves touching him.” Jimin said. “Wake Taehyung up first.”

 

Yoongi shrugged and pats Taehyung. He woke up in the first few pats and sits up immediately.

 

“Taehyung ah, wake Kookie up, time for dinner.” Jimin said.

 

Taehyung turned and he sees Jungkook, still snoring on the floor. He reaches out and aims for his s. He pinches them and Jungkook immediately shoots up.

 

“I’m up!” Jungkook shouted and Yoongi immediately starts laughing. He couldn’t help but laugh until his sides hurt.

 

“I’ve never seen someone wake another person like that.” He said while still laughing.

 

Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook were shocked. They have never seen Yoongi laugh this much before. Jimin smiled. He is relieved that Yoongi is finally showing some emotions and that makes him happy.

 


It’s been three months since Jimin last saw Yoongi. He wasn’t sure where he was or what he was doing. He had tried contacting him through text messages but Yoongi only answers in short answers and sometimes he didn’t even reply at all. He also tries to call Yoongi but every time he tries it always direct him to the voicemail.

 

“I am currently unavailable to answer your calls. Please try again later or leave a message after the beep.” Yoongi’s voice came through the speaker.

 

“Hey, Yoongi, just wondering if you’re coming over…” Jimin said. “I mean autumn’s here and it’s really beautiful over here… Just thought that maybe you would like to shoot some photos now since it’s so beautiful…” He paused for a while. “Anyway, call me will you? I’ll be waiting.” Jimin said and hangs up.

 

“Hyung, what’s wrong?” Jungkook asked.

 

“It’s Yoongi.” Jimin said. “I haven’t seen him in a while now and I’m worried.”

 

“Don’t worry hyung.” Jungkook said. “He’s probably busy with his work and just didn’t have the time to stop by.”

 

“You’re right…” Jimin said. “Let’s get back to work.”

 

A few more days passed and still no news of Yoongi. Jimin eventually forgets about Yoongi for a while because the shop had been busy the past few days. Since it is autumn, people had been flooding the coffee shop because of the unique style of it. One day, just as Jimin was about to close the shop, he saw Yoongi walking towards him, hands in his pockets with a scarf covering half of his face.

 

“Yoongi?” Jimin called and Yoongi nods.

 

“It’s cold.” Yoongi said and Jimin immediately pulled him into the shop.

 

After Yoongi took off his coat, he turned around and saw Jimin staring at him. He walks to the counter and sat down on the tall stools that were by the counter. Jimin follows him and walks behind the counter.

 

“I haven’t seen you in a while.” He said. “Where have you been?”

 

Yoongi kept quiet. He looked at Jimin and he smiled. “I’ve been busy.” He said.

 

“With what?”

 

Yoongi raised his eyebrows. “With my photo book.” Yoongi said.

 

“You’re finishing it already?” Jimin asked. “But you haven’t took any pictures of the shop in the autumn yet.”

 

“That’s why I’m here.” Yoongi said.

 

Jimin looked at Yoongi and he smiled. He stood back up straight and walked towards the coffee machine. “I’ll make coffee for you.”

 

Yoongi’s gaze followed Jimin’s movement. Just as Jimin moved away, Yoongi’s eyes drooped and his smile was gone. His eyebrows furrowed and he sighed. He looks at Jimin, walking here and there making the perfect cup of coffee for Yoongi. Jimin came back a few minutes later with a cup of coffee with steam still rising. Yoongi smiles at the presence of Jimin and thanked him. Jimin looked at Yoongi and realises something weird. Yoongi kept on opening his mouth to say something and close it after a few seconds.

 

“You have anything to tell me?” Jimin asked.

 

Yoongi looked at him and blinked. “No.” He lied.

 

“You sure?”

 

“Yup.” Yoongi said and nods once.

 

“Okay then…” Jimin said and leans on the counter. “So, want to go out and take pictures?” He asked.

 

Yoongi takes a sip of his coffee and he nods. Jimin smiled and Yoongi stood up. He takes his camera out of the bag and Jimin passes him his coat. Yoongi puts it on and Jimin was already by the door, waiting for him. Jimin was excited, he likes seeing Yoongi working. Yoongi started coughing as soon as he steps out of the shop.

 

“Are you okay?” He asked. “Do you want to go back inside?”

 

Yoongi shakes his head. “It’s just a cold.” He said. “I’ll be fine.”

 

Jimin ran back into the shop and takes out two hot packs for Yoongi. He opens it and placed one on Yoongi’s neck. Yoongi looks at him and smiled. He then turns back to his camera and starts shooting the pictures. Jimin was running around, looking at everything. Yoongi looks for Jimin and continues to take more pictures. Suddenly the wind started to blow gently and leaves began to fall slowly onto the ground. Yoongi turned around and saw Jimin standing perfectly under the tree, with leaves falling around him. He couldn’t resist taking a few more pictures of Jimin who had his head held high, looking at the sky.

 

“Isn’t it beautiful?” Jimin asked.

 

Yoongi smiled and he nods. “Yeah, it’s really beautiful.” He said with his eyes fixed on Jimin. “I’m all done with the outside, let’s get back inside.”

 

Jimin looks at Yoongi walking slowly back into the shop. He waits for a few more minutes before he follows Yoongi back into the shop. Yoongi stayed longer than usual today and that made Jimin happy. He had not seen Yoongi for a long time and he really likes it when Yoongi was around.

 

“Hey, Taehyung?” Yoongi called.

 

“Yeah?” Taehyung poked his head around the door.

 

“You can leave with Jungkook today after closing.” Yoongi said. “I’ll help Jimin with the cleaning up.”

 

“Are you sure?” Jimin asked, shocked.

 

“Yeah.” Yoongi said. “I’m sure.”

 

“Alright then.” Taehyung said.

 

That night, Jimin was left alone with Yoongi for the cleanup of the coffee shop. Yoongi rolled up his sleeves and starts to wash dishes while Jimin was mopping the floor outside. After he was done with the dishes, he moved to the tables and starts wiping it. Jimin leans on the mop and looks at Yoongi.

 

“You’re being weird today.” He said.

 

“What are you talking about?” Yoongi asked without looking up.

 

“You don’t usually stay up this late.” Jimin said and glanced at the clock. “It’s already 11pm.”

 

“I can’t sleep nowadays.” Yoongi said. “Too stressed.”

 

“I see…” Jimin said and continues mopping the floor.

 

“Want me to walk you home today?” Yoong asked and that made Jimin’s eyes widen.

 

“You’re really different.” Jimin said and laughed.

 

“You make me sound like a bad person.” Yoongi said.

 

“Sure.” Jimin said. “Why not, it’s just around the corner.”

 

Yoongi smiles and he continues to wipe the tables. He walks towards the table that he always sits and he sat down. He looked at Jimin to make sure he wasn’t looking at him and he took something out of his pocket and begin writing something. He stood up after a few seconds later and continues as if nothing happened. Yoongi and Jimin finished up a while later and Yoongi helped with locking the door. He walked Jimin home and the two of them was silent the whole time. It was so cold that Jimin started shivering. Yoongi realised that and he took off his scarf and gave it to Jimin. Jimin looked at Yoongi as if he was crazy, but the thanked him anyway.

 

“Well, this is it.” Jimin said as they reached his apartment.

 

“Yeah.” Yoongi said and stuck his hands into his pockets. “Bye Jimin.” He said.

 

“Yoongi.” Jimin called Yoongi as he was walking away. “I’ll see you again!” He shouted.

 

Yoongi smiled and waved.

 


Jimin was working on his coffee art that he had just learned a few days ago. He was paying a lot of attention onto his cup and being extra careful. He successfully drew a leaf on the coffee and he placed the cup back on the counter. He smiled as he was satisfied with himself. Just as he was about to take a picture of his new work, the door opened and the bell rang. Jimin looked up and saw a man with pink hair standing right in front of him. The guy walked closer towards Jimin and looked at him.

 

“Are you Park Jimin?” He asked.

 

Jimin nods slowly.

 

“I’m Kim Namjoon.” He said. “And I’m Yoongi’s friend.”

 

“Oh!” Jimin smiled at Yoongi’s name. “So did Yoongi introduce you to this shop?”

 

Namjoon kept quiet. He looks at Jimin and sighed.

 

“Where is he? Did his cold get better? He’s not been here for a few days now.”

 

“Jimin.” Namjoon said and gave Jimin a package. “Yoongi wanted me to give you this.”

 

Jimin looked at Namjoon and took the package that was wrapped with brown paper from him.

 

“Oh, and this too…” Namjoon said and gave Jimin Yoongi’s phone.

 

“What…?” Jimin looked at Namjoon.

 

“You’ll understand.” He said and just left without saying anything else.

 

“Nam…” Jimin wanted to call Namjoon back but he already left. Jimin shrugged and puts both the package and Yoongi’s phone into his backpack. He will be opening it after work, when he is alone.

 

Jimin quickly took a bath and he jumped onto bed with the package on his hands. Yoongi’s phone was on the nightstand, next to his. He opens the package and squealed when he saw the book’s title. Fallen Leaves. And he knows that this is Yoongi’s newest photo book. He flipped the first page and he stopped. On the first page itself was written, Jimin. Jimin’s hands were shaking as he turns the pages gently. His eyes widen when he saw that a most of the pictures were him, smiling, making coffee, nagging at Taehyung and Jungkook and a lot more. He didn’t know that Yoongi was taking pictures of him. He didn’t know Yoongi’s photo book would be so focused on him.  He slowly turns the pages, one by one until he reached the end of the page. As soon as he saw the last page, tears were already forming in his eyes.

 

The last page was Yoongi’s favourite picture of Jimin, smiling while looking at the camera. And right on the bottom of the page was Yoongi’s handwriting, with the words written: For the one I loved, Jimin.

 

Jimin felt that something was weird. Why didn’t Yoongi pass this book to him himself? And why did he wanted Namjoon to pass his phone to Jimin? Jimin reached out to the nightstand and he took Yoongi’s phone. He never knew what did Yoongi saved his contact as so he decided to call it. He took his phone and dials Yoongi’s number. Jimin smiled as he sees the words ‘My Love’ shows up on the screen. He tries to unlock the phone but there is a pass code. After hesitating for a few minutes, he punched in his birthday and it unlocks.

 

Jimin lies down onto his bed and began looking around Yoongi’s phone. He pressed on the notes icons and he was shocked to see so many notes were in Yoongi’s phone. He opens one of it and realizes that it was Yoongi’s logs. He writes everything in his phone.

 

Day 250
Today I found a coffee shop that was very special. Its decorations are really beautiful and unique and the surrounding was wonderful too. I have made up my mind to make this place as the main place of my next project. The shop was called Fallen Leaves, I don’t know why but it’s a nice name. The worker in there though, was really friendly and that really scared me. He had orange hair and he kept messing up my pictures. I ordered espresso and gosh that was the worst thing I have ever had. It was so bitter that I thought I was going to die. Luckily there was a piece of cake or else I think I might throw up.

 

Jimin laughed. He knew exactly who Yoongi was talking about. He starts scrolling further down and press on whatever that catches his eyes.

 

Day 252
I went back to the shop today and the orange haired guy was still there. His name was Jimin and he introduced me to another coffee. Mocha. I have a feeling that I should study more about coffee so that I would know what not to order next time. Jimin was really friendly and he kept talking to me. I don’t really like to interact with anyone but with Jimin, he just kept talking and I don’t have to interact with him at all.

 

Day 270
I realised that I was getting weaker, but what can I do. I coughed again and this time, blood came out and stained my handkerchief. Jimin almost saw it and I just hid it away from him.  Anyway, Jimin made coffee for me today again and I really liked it. He always makes coffee for me whenever I go there and I think he is kind of nice and cute. I helped with the redecorating of their coffee shop for summer and I have to admit, it was really nice. I have this weird feeling towards Jimin and I really liked it. Is this what they called love? I might be falling in love with Jimin and this feels nice.

 

Day 330
It’s been so long since I’ve seen Jimin. It’s not that I don’t want to, but I can’t. I have been so sick that I can’t even get out of bed. If Namjoon wasn’t here, I would have starved to death. I really missed Jimin, and I wonder what is he doing? Jimin’s been calling and texting me nowadays. I really wanted to call him back but I can’t. He would know that I am sick and weak once he heard my voice and I can’t really reply his texts. I kept trying to keep myself busy with editing the pictures but my mind just drifted back to Jimin. What should I do…?

 

Jimin’s pillow was already soaked with his tears. He couldn’t control it and the tears just kept streaming down his cheeks and onto his pillow. He scrolls further down and finally to the last two notes.

 

Day 364
I went to see Jimin today. He was happy to see me and so am I. It’s my last day here in Busan and tomorrow I will have to go back to Seoul to get my surgery done. I brought Jimin back home and said my goodbyes. Jimin is still oblivious about my sickness and that’s a relief. I don’t want him to know as he worries a lot. He nags a lot and it’s cute. I have no confidence in the surgery tomorrow, the doctor said that the success rate is really low but I just want to take this chance. I am dying anyway so if there is something that can help me, I want it to save me. I want to live because of Jimin. This could probably be my last log, so goodbye phone. I’ll be back, I hope…

 

Day 365
Yoongi is gone. He left us. He will be missed by all of us… -Namjoon.

 

Jimin’s eyes widen. He scrolls quickly back up and looks for the very first notes.

 

Day 1
Doctor said I have cancer. I don’t know what I should do. The doctor said that there are no cures for this. He also said that there is a surgery that can be done to remove the tumour but it will be risky as the tumour is on my brain. The success rate is extremely low. So all I can think of now is to look for a new location for me to photograph so that it could be my last work. I really hope that I can find some place in Korea, since it is my home anyway… I am not afraid of death, I just felt sad. There are still many things that I have not done. Falling in love, going bungee jumping, and even sleeping outdoors while watching the stars with the one I love…

 

Jimin couldn’t read anymore. He was crying his eyes out. He realised that Yoongi loved him and it was a little too late. He wrapped himself in his blanket and cried while clutching onto the photo book and Yoongi’s phone tightly in his embrace. He loved Yoongi, and he never had the chance to tell Yoongi how much he loved him. Jimin remembers something and he sits up. He changes his clothes and ran all the way back to the coffee shop. He ran and ran with his tears streaming down his face. Lightning begins to strike and the sound of thunder roars across the sky. Jimin ran and ran until he reached Fallen Leaves. He stood there and looked at the signboard, rain begin to fall. Jimin just stood there, letting the rain water hit him. The rain was rolling down his face until he couldn’t differentiate between his tears and the rain water. It was freezing but he couldn’t care anymore because the person that he cared about and loved, is already gone.

 

“MIN YOONGI!” He shouted. “WHY?”

 

Jimin then walks slowly to the door and unlocks it, walking into the dark coffee shop. He turns on the lights and walks in. He walks slowly to the table that Yoongi always sits at and he sat down. Tears and rain water were dripping onto the table, wetting it. Jimin wipes it away and something in the corner of the table catches his eyes. It was something carved on the corner of the table. Jimin reads it and starts bawling harder.

 

박지민, 사랑해.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

To the one I loved, Jimin.