Till Death Pull Us Apart (Part 2)

Bangtan Boys One Shot Collections


V woke up the next morning with a ranging headache. His throat hurts and his body aches all over. He sits up on his bed and rubs his eyes. He couldn’t remember what happened last night and how he got home. V turns around and his eyes widen with disbelief. Yoongi was sleeping beside him all this while. He suddenly remembers vaguely of what happened last night. He only remembers meeting Yoongi at the bus stop so it must be Yoongi who got him back home and helped him to change out of his wet clothes. He also suddenly remembers kissing someone on the lips.

“No way.” V got really shocked. “.” He mumbles to himself. He looks at the sleeping Yoongi and he couldn’t stop himself from staring. It was as if something was pulling him closer towards Yoongi and before he knew it, both of their faces were just inches away. He was going to pull away but suddenly, Yoongi opens his eyes. The two of them looked at each other straight in the eyes and stared for a few seconds.

“ARGGGHHH!” Both of them screamed and jolted their heads backwards. Yoongi’s reaction was too big that he rolled off the bed and fell on the floor, hitting his head. V was blushing so hard that he looks just like a tomato.

“Are… Are you okay?” V asked, looking at the half Yoongi. He was just wearing a pair of boxers and that made V even more nervous; he begin to start making up his own stories up in his head.

“I should be asking you that question.” Yoongi said and stood up. He sat down on the corner of the bed and looked at V.

“What happened?” V asked, averting his gaze from Yoongi.

“You really don’t remember anything?” Yoongi asked and V shook his head.

“All I remember is that you and I at the bus stop…?” V hesitated. “It was you right?”

Yoongi nods. “And you vomited all over me and yourself.” He explained.

“And…?”

“And what?” Yoongi asked.

“Why are you sleeping beside me half ?”

“Oh that.” Yoongi laughed. “I guess I fell asleep after cleaning up everything.”

V kept quiet.

“Wait.” Yoongi looked at him with a smirk. “You don’t think that we did something did you?”

“I… No.” V looks away.

“Do you wish anything had happened?” Yoongi moved closer towards him.

“You…” V was blushing really hard. “Go away.” He said and pushed Yoongi’s face away.

Yoongi laughed and he moved away. “I need to get going.” He said. “I guess my clothes are already dried.” He got off the bed and walked towards the laundry room.

V sighs. His heart had been beating really fast and he feels weird. It’s not like anything that he had felt before and it feels nice. He feels a little fuzzy inside whenever Yoongi smiles or laughs. V was day dreaming in his lala land when Yoongi came walking back into the room. He saw V smiling by himself like an idiot and he gave him a light smack on the forehead.

“Ow!” V scowled.

“It wasn’t even that hard.” Yoongi shrugged. “I’ll be leaving now.” He said. “Call your brother please. I think he’s going to kill you.”

V froze. That’s it. It was Jin and Yoongi who got him back home last night. He remembered. Jin really hated it when V drinks. V gets all clingy and kisses whoever is nearby whenever he is drunk. V was rolling around in bed, figuring what to explain to Jin then he suddenly sits up.

“I didn’t kiss him… Did I?” He asked himself. “No way.”

Yoongi was walking really fast away from V’s apartment. He didn’t understand why he went back after V kissed him last night.

“Min Yoongi. You’re just worried that he will catch a cold. That’s all.” He said to himself. “Besides, he’s your boss’s brother. Your given job is to take care of him. Yeah.” He pats his own chest. “That’s it.”

Jin was really furious. V was blushing really hard and Jin is staring straight at him.

“He stayed the night?” Jin asked.

V nods.

“You guys did it. Didn’t you?” Jin looks at V.

“NO!” V immediately shook his head furiously. “Of course not!”

“Are you sure?”

“I mean…” V hesitated. “I think I kissed him.”

Jin looks at him. “I knew it.” He said.

“What?”

“I KNEW YOU LIKED HIM!” Jin said and laughed.

“No! No I don’t!” V said.

“Are you sure about that?” Jin asked.

“Bro.” V said slowly. “I. LIKE. GIRLS.”

“Deny it while you can.” Jin shrugged. “You guys are sure to get together someday. I know it.”

“We won’t.”  V said. “We are people from different sides of the world. We are completely different.”

“You know Taehyung…” Jin said and he walks closer to V. “This is the second time I’ve seen you guys sleeping in the same place.”

“So?”

“Well… Deny all you can my brother.” Jin said and pats V’s shoulders.

V ignores his brother and continued sipping on his juice. His brother is right. Even he himself is questioning his own feelings towards Yoongi.

“Tell me.” Jin suddenly said. “Why did you drink last night? You know I hate it when you drink.”

“I’m sorry.” V said. “I… I wasn’t thinking much.”

Jin kept quiet. “Mum… She misses you.”

“…” V stares down at the floor.

“She… She wants to see you.”

“I…” V sighs. “I don’t know what to say.”

“Come home someday.” Jin said. “We will be waiting.”

V sighs again. “I’ll see to it.”

Jin stood up. “I’ll be going on my way now.” He said. “I’ll see you soon.”

V nods and Jin walks out of the apartment. V looks at the clock on the wall and he stood up to get another glass of juice. It had been almost 4 hours since Yoongi left and he had not heard anything from him yet. He didn’t know why but he feels a bit lonely without Yoongi minding his business and Hoseok screaming about everything. V continues idling around the house when suddenly he heard a knock on the door.

“That’s weird.” V mumbles to himself. “Hoseok won’t be back until Friday. And it’s only Tuesday today.” V walks slowly towards the door and he opens it. It was Yoongi.

“Yoongi?” V was shocked to see Yoongi standing before him. “What…”

And before he could finish his sentence, Yoongi collapsed. His body fell lifeless and if V wasn’t there to catch him, he would have fallen on the ground. Yoongi lay lifeless in V’s arms and that really scared him.

“Yoongi?” V called him. “Yoongi!”

But Yoongi was still unconscious. V picked Yoongi up without a sweat. He got Yoongi into the bedroom and puts him on the bed.

“What happened to you?” V asked, but there was no response from Yoongi. V sighs and he stands up, ready to leave the room when Yoongi suddenly grabbed his arm. V was shocked and he looked at Yoongi.

“Yoongi!” V sits down again. “What…?”

Yoogi groaned, he sits up and blinked a few times. “What happened?”

“I should be asking you this question.” V said. “You fainted right in front of my door.”

“Oh that.” Yoongi smiled. “Low blood sugar. Happens every now and then.”

V sighs. “Breakfast?” He asks.

Yoongi shakes his head.

V raised one of his eyebrows. “Lunch?”

Yoongi shakes his head again, this time with a sheepish smile.

V could not stand it anymore, he needed to do this. V stood up and he climbed onto the bed. He moved closer towards Yoongi and stops when they are just a few inches away. V stared straight into Yoongi’s eyes and he smirked. Yoongi gulps. He is not moving away nor is he averting his gaze. The two of them stared at each other for quite some time and V made the move. He pulled Yoongi into a kiss without any warning given and Yoongi was shocked. His eyes widen but he did not even try to resist V.

“Hey V I… Whoaaa…”

Yoongi pushed V away out of instinct and the both of them turned their heads just to see a very shocked Jin looking at them. Jin’s eyes widen with shocked and that soon turned into a smirk.

“It’s not what it looks like!” Yoongi tried to explain.

“No worries.” Jin said and winks. “Sorry for disturbing you guys. My bad. I’ll be back in the headquarters if you guys need me.” He said and went out of the room, closing the door after him.

Yoongi was blushing really hard he glared at V who was wiping his lips with his sleeves.

“WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR?” Yoongi asked. “Are you kidding me?”

V shrugged. “I needed to confirm something.” He said.

“And what is that?” Yoongi was still embarrassed and angry with V’s sudden action. It wasn’t that he didn’t like it, but it was too sudden and was in front of his boss too.

V chuckled and once again he pulls Yoongi closer to him. “I think… You have something of mine.”

Yoongi was flustered. He tries to look away. “What?”

“My heart.” V smiled.

Yoongi blinked for a few time. “What?” He asked. “What?”

“Is that all that you knew what to say?” V laughed. “Don’t you understand?” He asked.

Yoongi kept quiet.

“I guess… That’s a no.” V added. “Well… Sorry.” He got off the bed.

Yoongi looked at him and he reached out and pulled V back onto the bed, hard. This time it was V who got shocked. This time, it was Yoongi’s turn to pin him on the bed and V just lay there, blinking out of confusion.

“Took you ing long enough.” Yoongi said and dive in for a kiss.

V smirked and he pulls Yoongi down and he climbed on top of him.

“Nuh uh.” V said. “Don’t get ahead of yourself.” He said and kisses Yoongi’s neck and he gently on it, leaving a mark his neck. Yoongi let out a moan and he blushed.

“That’s a y moan.” V laughed and Yoongi hits him on the stomach.

“Stop it.” Yoongi said and he got up.

“Did I killed the mood?” V asked.

“No.” Yoongi said. “I can’t be doing this now.” He added. “I’m on duty and if I get caught with my boss’s brother. Oh god what will happen to me?”

“You idiot.” V said and got up from the bed. “But first, lunch.” He said and walked out of the room. Yoongi follows him and he knew that V got embarrassed. He just set the mood and Yoongi just cuts it off. V was washing the vegetables and Yoongi gave him a hug from behind and gently resting his head on chin on V’s shoulders. V ignored him and continues to wash his vegetables.

“I’ll come back tonight.” Yoongi said and he kisses V’s neck. “After my duty.”

V smiled to himself. “Don’t make a promise that you can’t keep.”

Yoongi took the cabbage from V’s hand and placed it on the counter. He turns V around and places his hand on V’s chin. He pulls V’s face closer to his and he smirked.

“I always keep my promises.” He said and winks.

V pulls away from Yoongi and he continues washing the cabbage. Yoongi felt disappointed that he didn’t get a kiss from V.

“Go watch TV or something.” V said. “I’ll make up something quick for you so you can go on with your job.”


“ this. that… this too.”

“Languange Kim Taehyung!” Yoongi shouted from the other room.

“It’s V!” V shouted back.

“You know.” Yoongi appears at the doorway and leans on the door frame. “You’ll need to face your family one day.”

“I know.” V nods. “But the day, it is not today.”

Yoongi sighs and he sits down behind V on the floor. He hugs V and V leans onto his body.

“What are you doing anyway?” Yoongi asked while looking over V’s shoulder.

“Cleaning out the wardrobe.” V said.

“You should.” Yoongi nods. He looks at the wardrobe beside them and he was awed by the amount of clothes that V had. “How…? Why?”

“What?”

“How can someone wear so many clothes?” He asked. “How many bodies do you have?”

V chuckled. “A lot of these are from Jin.” He said. “He wears something for two times and gives them to me.”

Yoongi picks up one of the shirts in the pile and he looks at them.

“This is still nice!” He said. “You’re throwing this out?”

“I can’t fit in these anymore.” V blushed. “I think this is from a few years ago.”

Yoongi looks at V and he takes off his own clothes and puts on the one he just got from V. He stands up and walked towards the mirror.

“Looks good to me.” He said.

V smiles and nods. They continue sitting around the room with V continues throwing out things and Yoongi keeping them. It was starting to get colder now as autumn is starting to come around. V smiled to himself when he saw the name card that Yoongi gave him when they first met. He remembered that it was winter when they first met, now, it’s already late summer and autumn is coming. In these few months, Yoongi had been following him almost every day.

“Hello~ Oh…”Hoseok walked in while the two of them were still organizing the place. “Isn’t that your shirt?” He asked V while looking at Yoongi.

V blushed. “How did you get in?” He asked. “All of you are starting to make me worry about the safety of my own apartment.”

“Wait wait wait. Hold up.” Hoseok is still confused. “Did the two of you…?” He looked at Yoongi and back at V. “HOLY NUTCRACKER! YOU TWO..!”

Yoongi and V laughed while Hoseok’s eyes widen. “I thought… You guys…? Huh?”

“I’ll explain over coffee.” V said and the winks at Yoongi. Yoongi nods and he walks to the kitchen.

All three of them sat by the table and V told Hoseok everything. Hoseok looks at the both of them in disbelief.

“Gosh… Wait. Does Jin knows?” Hoseok asked.

“I think he already guessed it by now.” V said.

“Hello everybody! Miss me?” Jin suddenly appeared beside of Hoseok.

“You need to stop doing that!” Hoseok screamed.

“Sorry babe.” Jin said and gave him a peck on the cheeks.

“HOLY WHAT DID YOU JUST DO?” It is now V’s turn to scream.

“You just call him… Babe?” Yoongi’s eyes widen. “Wait… WHATTHEHELLISHAPPENING?”

“Language Kim Taehyung.” Jin said and he glared at V.

“GIVE US AN EXPLAINATION!” Both V and Yoongi shouted at them.

“Okay. Okay.” Jin laughed.

Hoseok and Jin had been dating for almost a year now and the only reason they did not tell anyone was that they didn’t felt the need to inform everyone about everything.

“And you hid that from your own brother?” V looked at Jin. “YOUR BEST FRIEND?” He looked at Hoseok.

“You need to give me an explanation as well.” Jin looked at V then at Yoongi.


“Yoongi, come into my office for a moment.” Jin said. Yoongi nods and he stood up and walks towards Jin’s room. He entered after Jin and closes the door behind him.

“Brother in law.” Jin said.

“What?” Yoongi blinks while Jin laughs.

“We’re in deep .”

“Now I know where did V got his foul language from.” Yoongi said.

“I mean, we’re in trouble.” Jin said.

Yoongi sighs. “Is it about the lost soul that we got last time? The one that ran away when we tried to catch him?”

“He came back.” Jin said. “He’s back for revenge.”

“Can he do that?” Yoongi asked. “I thought people that died can’t come back no matter what.”

“He can possess someone and use that body to do things.” Jin explained. “And we can’t do anything about it. We can’t possible hurt the humans.”

“I know.” Yoongi nods his head.

“That’s why I said. We’re in deep .”

“Jin.”

“Okay. Sorry.”

“We have to come out with a plan by this week. We need to catch him.” Jin said.

“Err… Can I not work on weekends?” Yoongi asked and blushed.

Jim smirked. “Wellllll~ I don’t know. Can you?”

“Pleaseeee?” Yoongi begged. “V is going to kill me if I don’t bring him out for a date. It’s been so long since we last went out.”

“Okay fine.” Jin said. “Treat my brother to something nice.”

“Yes brother in law.” Yoongi said and he chuckled.

Jin laughed at that statement and he sat down by his table. He was about to check his emails when suddenly his phone rang. It was Death. He knew that something is going to happen to V, as Death had only contacted Jin only when the matter is related to his little brother. He looked at Yoongi and back to his phone, hesitating to whether should he answer it in front of Yoongi or should he look for an excuse to distract him.

“Well, I’ll see you around later.” Yoongi said and he walked towards the door. He had noticed that Jin’s expression had changed and realized that the only reason Jin is not answering his phone is because he was around.

“Seokjin…” Death’s raspy, husky voice came from the other line.

“Yes?” Jin asked calmly.

“This Saturday… Will be the day.” Death said slowly.

Jin took a deep breath and he swallowed hard. His hands were trembling, and his palms were getting sweaty.

“I don’t understand.” Jin lied.

“You will…” Death said and he paused. “Just keep an eye on that brother of yours…”

Jin’s grip tightens. “I will.”

Death ends the call and Jin sighs. He throws his phone on the table and he massages his head. “Not Taehyung… Please.”

He immediately picks up his phone when he remembers that Yoongi told him about their date this weekend. He dialled V’s number and he wait.

“The number that you have called is currently unavailable…”

“Damn it.” Jin mumbles.

A few seconds later, his phone started ringing. It was V.

“What’s wrong Jin?” V asked.

“You guys are going out this weekend?”

“Huh?”

“Just answer my question.” Jin sounded grumpier than he usually is.

“I guess so?” V answered. “Yoongi did not tell me anything yet.”

“Stay indoors.”

“Why?”

“Just stay indoors god damn it!” Jin raised his voice.

“Okay! Okay!” V sensed that his brother is not in a good mood now, so the only thing he could do is to agree to everything he says now. “What’s wrong with you today?”

Jin froze. “Nothing.” He lied. “Just stay indoors and make sure Yoongi is with you all the time.”

“Okay. I will.” V said. “Take some time off if you’re feeling stress, please.”

Jin sighed. He knows that he is being a little too harsh on V, but he had to. V is his only brother.

“What’s wrong?” Hoseok asked V.

V shakes his head. “Your boyfriend is being grumpy today.” V said.

“He’s not like this usually.” Hoseok said.

V shrugged. “Don’t ask me, I don’t know.”

Hoseok rolled his eyes. “Isn’t he your brother?”

“Oops.” V laughed.

“Get back to work.” Hoseok said and the V chuckles.

“Yes boss!”


Autumn. The season that Yoongi liked the most. The surrounding is so beautiful every time. The fallen leaves are in a bronzy colour that covers the streets of the city. Yoongi sighs and he smiles. The weather is nice but it is a little bit chilly. V on the other hand, is freezing. He grabs his jacket tighter together and wraps his hands around himself. Yoongi looks over to V and he realized that V is shivering. He chuckles and he grabs V’s hand tightly. V looks at him and he smiles. The two of them walks slowly towards a new café that they discovered a few days ago and walks in. They sat down by the window and Yoongi went to order their drinks.

“You know… Jin asked me to stay at home today.”

“What?” Yoongi looed at V, confused. “But he asked me to treat you to something nice.”

“Maybe he was just in a bad mood I guess.” V said. “Didn’t he tell you anything?”

Yoongi shook his head. “No.”

“I’ll ask him someday.” V laughed. “Let’s just enjoy our date today.”

Yoongi smiles and he grabs V’s hands. “I will protect you no matter what.”

V laughs. “I can protect you too. We’ll protect each other.”

And just as V finished speaking, something, or someone caught his attention. His eyes dart out the windows to take a look but he saw nothing. He rubs his eyes for a few seconds and he blinks.

“What’s wrong?” Yoongi asked.

“Something is not right.” V said. “I sensed… something.”

Yoongi looks around the café and out the window. “I see them too.”

Outside the window, there are a lot of messengers standing there. They were all hiding around the café, as if waiting for someone to show up.

“What is happening?” V asked.

Yoongi shakes his head. “I don’t know.” He said. “Jin never told me anything about this.”

V looked at Yoongi with a very suspicious look.

“Yoongi.”

“What?”

“Is there anything that is going to happen tonight?” V asked.

“I don’t know.” Yoongi answered firmly.

“Are you sure you are not hiding anything from me?”

“I swear to god V.” Yoongi looked at V straight in the eye. “I. Don’t. Know.”

“Okay.” V nods. “Sorry. I just…”

“I understand.” Yoongi slumped in further into the chair. “But I want you to know that no matter what, you have to trust me.”

“I want to.” V said. “But part of your job is to stop me from meddling.”

Yoongi suddenly chuckled. “But I am off duty today.” He said.

V’s eyes widen with surprise and he looks at Yoongi. This is the first time that he had sensed a little bit of rebelling feel from him.

“Should we…?”

“Go check it out?” Yoongi asked. “Yeah.”

“You seemed weird tonight.” V said and he stood up.

“To be honest I am very curious too.” Yoongi replied and he picks up his coffee from the table. “Let’s go see what’s wrong.”

V and Yoongi silently followed one of the messengers but they still couldn’t make out what was happening. They were hiding in every corner they could find but still couldn’t see anything wrong. And just as they were about to continue following them, someone grabbed V’s collar from the back and pulled.

“YOONGI!” V shouted.

“What?” Yoongi turned and he saw Jin covering V’s mouth with his hand.

“Shhhh!” Jin shushed him. “What are the both of you doing here?”

Yoongi let out a sigh of relief when he saw Jin. “You almost scared the out of me.” Yoongi said. “What is all this?” He asked, gesturing towards a whole lot of messengers that are invisible to the human eyes.

“It’s nothing.” Jin lied. “Didn’t I tell you to stay at home tonight?” He hissed at V.

“You’re lying.” V said and he pulled himself out of Jin’s grip.

Jin hesitated to explain what was going to happen. He sighs and pulls out a card from his jacket and gave it to V.

“Who is this?” V asked.

“Someone that is not due yet.”

“Then why is his name on this card?” V asked.

Jin looked over at Yoongi, he was staring into blank.

“Because….” Jin said slowly.

“He was possessed by an uncollected soul.” Yoongi said before Jin could finish his sentence.

“Uncollected soul…?”

“Meaning souls that ran away before we could get to them.” Yoongi explained. “Is this the one that couldn’t get the other night?” He asked.

Jin nods.

“Damn it.” Yoongi mumbles. “I should have got him.”

Jin shakes his head. “It’s not your fault.” He said. “Your only fault is bringing V out tonight.”

“Why?” Yoongi asked, confused. “It’s date night tonight.”

“I don’t care what night is it.” Jin said. “Go back please.” He said.

“Why are you so against me being out tonight? It’s not like anything is going to happen.” V said, he hated it whenever Jin treats him like a kid.

“I don’t know.” Jin said. “I seriously don’t know. Death called me warning me about your safety.”

Yoongi and V both froze. “Death…?” V looks at Yoongi. “About me…?”

“Just go home.” Jin said. “Please.”

“Need my help here?” Yoongi asked.

“No.” Jin answered immediately. “You take care of V for me.”

Yoongi nods and he grabs V’s hands. “You can count on me on this.”

The two of them walks slowly back to V’s apartment. They stayed there for a long time and V couldn’t stand it anymore. He went to the living room and he turns on the TV to watch the news, just in case it would report anything regarding any deaths. Yoongi knew that V is very worried about his brother, but he too is very worried about his boyfriend. He knew that V is special, he is the only human that can see invisible messengers and have the power to control the time. V continues staring at the TV when suddenly his phone rang. He looked at his phone, it was Hoseok. He answered it immediately, hoping to hear news about his brother.

“Hoseok!”

“Why do you sound so concerned?” Hoseok asked. “Is something wrong?”

V figured that Jin did not tell Hoseok anything. He knew that Hoseok worries too much about everything and Jin would not want him to worry.

“Nothing.”  V lied. “What’s up?”

“Oh right.” Hoseok said. “Almost forgot about that, well, can you drop by the café for a while? The coffee machine is not working.”

“Oh that.” V sighs. “I’ll be there in a while. Should be something wrong with the wiring inside.”

“Sorry for bothering you on your weekend.” Hoseok said. “I know you’re supposed to be on a date with Yoongi right?”

“Oh it’s nothing.” V said. “We’re staying at home anyway.”

“Okay… I’ll see you later.”

V hangs up and he stood up to get his jacket. Yoongi saw him dressing up and immediately stopped him.

“Where are you going?” He asked.

“To the café.” V said. “Hoseok needs my help.”

“Let me go with you.” Yoongi said and V laughed.

“You’re being too cautious.” V said. “It’s just a 5 minute walk from here anyway. Besides, I’m going somewhere that I go to everyday. Nothing is going to happen.”

“You sure?” Yoongi asked.

“Of course.” V said. “Don’t forget that I have this.” He added and he snap his fingers, everything stops.

Yoongi laughs. “Okay fine.” He said. “Be back quick. I don’t want anything to happen to you.”

V gave Yoongi a peck on his cheeks and went out of the apartment. Yoongi sighs and he sits down.

“Hope that he’s alright.”

V walked quickly to the café and was relieved to see that Hoseok was indeed there. He walks towards him and takes the screwdriver from him. Hoseok smiles and he sensed that there is something wrong with V.

“Did something happened?” Hoseok asked.

“No.” V said. “Why?”

“You looked… Tired?” Hoseok says.

“No I don’t.” V smiles. He continues to focus on the work on hand but he felt that something is moving in front of the café. He looks up only to see Hoseok mopping the floor in front of him. He lets out a sigh and continues to fix the coffee machine. And just as he was about to finish out, he finally saw the ‘thing’ that was distracting him all this while. And just as he had suspected, it was a messenger. V immediately knew that something is going to happen right here, in this café. It was either him, or Hoseok.

“Hoseok.” V called for him. “Come over here.”

Hoseok looked at him. He saw a glimpse of fear in V’s eyes and that is something that he had never seen before.

“Get behind me.” V said and Hoseok did what he said. He nods and walks quickly to stand behind V.

“Is something going to happen?” Hoseok ask.

V nods. “There’s a messenger outside the café.”

“There’s only two of us here.” Hoseok said. “V, hide.”

“No.” V shakes his head. “I have to protect you.”

“You are Jin’s brother.” Hoseok said. “You have to be safe.”

And before V could say or do anything, a car came crashing into the café.

“.” V shouted. “Hoseok!”

“Don’t worry.” Hoseok said. “It’s fine.”

V looked at the driver, he seems unconscious.

“Could the messenger be here for him?” Hoseok asked.

“I don’t know.” V said. “Anyway, I’ll call an ambulance.” He said and turns around to get his phone from the cabinet behind. Hoseok was walking towards the car to check on the guy and suddenly V heard a gun cocked. He looks up and immediately realized, the messenger was here for Hoseok. Without thinking twice, he ran towards Hoseok and uses himself to shield him.

“V!” Hoseok screamed when V collapsed on him, bleeding. The bullet had hit him on the chest.

“I remembered Jin telling me.” V said, weakly. “Exchange someone’s life with another.”

“No!”  Hoseok said and he takes off his cardigan and pressed hard on V’s wound to stop the bleeding. “You can’t do this! No!”

The guy who crashed the car walks out. He smirks when he saw V heavily injured.

“You fool.” He hissed. “You can’t save him no matter what.” He added with holding up the gun and pointing towards Hoseok. “Say goodbye to your friend.”

V closed his eyes. Of course, having a messenger could also mean that both of them are going to die. He snaps his finger and everything stops. He opens his eyes and to his horror, the guy is still moving.

“You think you can stop me?” He asked. “You’ve doomed your friend and now he is an easier target for me.” He laughed hysterically.

“Who are you?” V asked.

“I supposed you would think that I might tell you everything and you can contact your friends?” He asked. “You are wrong.”

V really thinks that there is no hope now. “I’m sorry Hoseok.” He whispers.

He heard the gun and he was waiting for him to pull the trigger. But he didn’t. V opens his eyes and he saw Jin and Yoongi, both of them holding the guy down. He lets out a sigh of relief and just like that, he fell unconscious.

“No!” Yoongi shouts. “V!”

“Yoongi!” Jin stops him from letting go of the guy. “Don’t. Hoseok is there.” Jin snaps his fingers and Hoseok moves. “Hoseok, call the ambulance.”

Hoseok nods and he puts V down slowly and went to call for an ambulance.


V woke up, not knowing where is he. He looks around and realized that someone is grabbing onto his hand. He looks down and saw Yoongi sleeping by his bed, grabbing onto his hand tightly. He gave Yoongi’s hand a tight squeeze and that woke him up. Yoongi shot up with his eyes wide open and he let out a gasps.

“You’re awake!” Yoongi exclaimed. “YOU’RE AWAKE! DOCTOR!” He said and proceed to run out of the room.

V realized that he was in the hospital. There are machines beeping around him and he was wearing an oxygen mask. He can’t remember anything that had happened back at Hoseok’s café. The doctor came in and did some checkups on V. From there he knew that he had been unconscious for almost a month.

He is really confused. He thought that the person he was supposed to meet is Death himself, but all he sees is Yoongi, doctors and nurses. After the doctors and nurses left, Yoongi turns to look at V who was still dazed from what happened. Yoongi smiles at the sight of a very confused V.

“What happened to me?” V asked, blinking.

Yoongi sighs and he sits down. His smile turns into a frown and he took V’s hand slowly. “You are very lucky you know.”

“Huh?” V asked. “Wait, am I dead? Is this heaven’s hospital?” He asked.

“Why don’t you try pinching yourself?” Yoongi asked.

“There’s no need to do that.” V said. “Every part of me hurts. Especially my chest.”

“You got seriously very lucky.” Yoongi repeats. “Why did you do that?”

“Do what?” V asked.

“Jumped in front of Hoseok.” Yoongi said. “You could have easily stopped the time and that would have stop the bullet.”

“I got scared and all I can think of is saving Hoseok.” V said. “You still haven’t explain anything to me.”

Yoongi sighs and he pats V’s head. He ruffles his hair and he smiles. “Death decided to give you a second chance.” He said. “Your time is not up yet anyways.”

“What about the messenger I saw outside of the café?” V asked. “Isn’t he there to collect anyone?”

“He was there on Jin’s orders.” Yoongi explained. “He knew that you are not going to sit quietly at home.”

“Why did the guy wanted to kill us?” V asked, remembering the attacker.

“He was possessed by the uncollected soul that we were talking about.” Yoongi said. “And do you know who that uncollected soul is?”

V shakes his head.

“The guy that your father helped 13 years ago.”

“What?” V was shocked.

“He blamed your father for influencing him to kill someone, taking his place in Hell.” Yoongi explained. “He said that he suffered in jail and was treated very badly and wished he had died instead of living.”

V kept quiet. “But why me?”

“He was aiming Hoseok.” Yoongi said. “He knew about you guys and the person that both you and Jin values at the same time is Hoseok. He wanted you guys to feel the pain of losing someone you love.”

V sighs. He grabs Yoongi’s hand tighter. “Luckily the person that I loved the most is not mortal.”

Yoongi smiles. “V.” He said. “About being mortal…”

“You are going to advice me to return to my family? To become one of you guys?”

“You don’t have to be a messenger like us.” Yoongi said. “You know when I saw that you got shot by the bullet, I felt like I could die.”

V kept quiet.

“Then when you were unconscious for so long, I was so scared that I would not see you again. I was so scared that you would leave me and I realized that I can’t live without you.”

“V, no, Taehyung.” Yoongi looks at V. “Please, accept Death’s offer and come back to our world. “I can’t imagine life without you anymore.”

V smiles. “I am scared too.” He said. “But I can’t forgive my father.”

“Please.”Yoongi begged. “Do it for us.”

V hesitated. He looks at Yoongi and both of the eyes met. He sighs and nods his head slowly.

“I’ll try.” He finally said. “But only for you.”

“I love you. And you need to know that.” Yoongi said and caresses V’s face.

“I know.” V replies. He pulls Yoongi in closer and kissed him on the lips. The two of them shared a passionate kiss and were both out of breath when they pulled away from each other.

“Oops. Sorry.” Someone said from the doorway. Both of them turned and saw Jin and Hoseok standing there.

“We’ll come back later.” Jin said and slowly backed away from the door.

“Sorry.” Hoseok laughs and follows Jin.

Yoongi laughs and he looks back at V. He gives him a very tight hug and mumbles something into his ear.

“I love you. Stay with me forever, please.”