Flowers (Vkook)

Bangtan Boys One Shot Collections

Trigger warnings: Self-harm and depression

 


Taehyung was nervous. It’s his third interview this week and he is devastated and kinda depressed now. He couldn’t believe that with his degree and his GPA of 3.9 couldn’t get him a job. He hasn’t been paying rent for the past three months and his landlord was going to chase him out if he doesn’t pay this month’s rent. He is lost, with nowhere to go. He had swore to not go back to Daegu until he had made money and can afford to buy nice things for his parents. He felt bad for relying on his parents still even though he graduated university a year ago. He did get to pay his student bills with the scholarship that he got but his daily expenses while living in Seoul is not cheap. The cheapest room that he could get costs more expensive than a condo back in Daegu and its not even half its size. Taehyung sat on the chair, fidgeting and twirling his fingers.  The few people before him had came out of the interview room with really disappointed faces. Taehyung sighs again, maybe today is not his day again.

“Mr Kim Taehyung?” The secretary called. “You’re next.”

Taehyung takes a deep breath and he stands up. He adjusted his blazer and straightens his tie. He mentally prepares himself and he walks slowly towards the manager’s door. He knocks and walks in. He opens the door to see a man sitting by the desk. He smiles politely and he greeted him. He sat down and their interview starts. Surprisingly, the interview went smoothly. Taehyung answered the questions smoothly and with confidence. He wasn’t so sure why was everybody walking out with such disappointed faces.

“One last question.”

“Yes?”

“What makes you think you are suitable for this position?”

Oh crap. Taehyung cursed under his breath. He was most afraid of this question and he really has no idea how to answer this.

“Uhm…” Taehyung thinks for a while. “Well this.” He murmured. He just didn’t know what to do except to answer the truth. “Well… To be honest… I need it. I need this job.”He said. “I have not paid rent in three months, I still depend on my parents and I just… I just can’t.”

His interviewer was kinda taken aback by his answer. He looks at Taehyung and he finally smiles.

“Well, to be honest, that’s the most honest answer I have heard all day.” He said. “We’ll contact you in the next three days to let you know if you’ve got the job.”

Taehyung sighs and he stood up. He thanked his interviewer and he walks out. He was feeling uncertain, he doesn’t know how to react to this situation. He just decided to go back home and sleep away his problems. His phone rang as soon as he walked out of the building, it was Namjoon.

“So?”

“So what?” Taehyung asked.

“How did it went?” Namjoon asked.

“Like crap.”

“Oh.” Namjoon can hear the disappointment in Taehyung’s voice. “Well who knows, they say that third time’s a charm. Maybe you’ll get this job.”

“I don’t know hyung.” Taehyung was sighing again. “I’m tired.”

“Want me to go to your place later?”

“No.” Taehyung answered. “I just wanna sleep.”

“Okay… But if you need anything, just tell me.”

“I’m okay.” Taehyung said. “I’ll call you later.”

Taehyung walked slowly to the subway station and he sat down on the bench, waiting for the train. He didn’t feel like talking, he didn’t want to do anything, he didn’t even want to exist. He sat there staring at the blank and he was startled by the beeping of the doors closing. He stood up and ran into the train only to find himself getting on the wrong one. He cursed under his breath and hoped that he could just disappear at this moment. He got off the next station and now he’s even further than he was before to get back home.

“.” He cursed as he walked to the next platform and waited there. He waited patiently and this time he made sure he was on the right train before finding a seat to sit down. After about an hour, he got off the station that he was supposed to be and walked slowly back home. It was not a long walk, about 5 minutes and he’ll be home. Taehyung walked by the convenience store that he used to work at and he walked in. He wanted something to eat before he went straight to take a nap. He looks around and decided to just buy a ton of cup noodles and some soda.

“Hey. Rough day?” His ex colleague asked.

“Yeah.” Taehyung nods. “Just want to go back and rest up, you know.”

“I understand. Here, this is on me.” His friend said and gave him an ice cream. “Cheer up. It’ll get better.”

Taehyung gave his friend a smile and he paid for his things and walked straight out.  He walked back to his apartment and up to his room. He fumbled around his pockets for his keys and he found it, opened the door, walked in and took off his shoes. He throws his blazer on the chair and plopped down on his bed, the TV and flips through the channel. And just as he was about to fall asleep, his phone rang, it was his mum. Taehyung sighs and he takes a deep breath before he answers the phone.

“Taehyung?”

“Yes ma?” Taehyung asked, trying very hard to not sound tired.

“How did the interview went?”

Not this again. Taehyung thought to himself. “Fine.” He answered short.

“You know you can always come back here if you want to.”

“Mum, we’ve talked about this…” Taehyung said softly.

“I know, I know. I just don’t want you to suffer too much outside.”

“I’m fine.” Taehyung said.

“Oh right. By the way, tomorrow is your uncle’s death anniversary. Can you please go pay some respects to him and maybe put some flower by his grave?”

“Sure.” Taehyung answered. “I’ll do that.”

“Thanks my son.” His mother said. “Now remember what I’ve said just now.”

Taehyung laughed. “Mum if you keep on nagging at me even the old folks’ home won’t want you.”

“Okay okay. Take care now.”

Taehyung hung up and the smile on his face diminished. He sighed and went to fridge to get his bottle of soda. He opened the bottle, sat down and pulled up his sleeves. He drank a mouthful of his soda and set it down on the table. Taehyung looked at the scars on his arm, he knew that he had to stop doing it, but he just couldn’t. He reached out for the paper cutter that he had placed in the coffee table’s drawer and he began cutting himself. He doesn’t really knows what is he doing but it just felt right. He snapped out of it and when his phone’s notification bell rang. Another game request on Facebook. He quickly cleans up and bandages his wounds and he went back to idling around the house. And before he knew it, he fell asleep on the couch and woke up the next day with a ranging pain on his neck.  Taehyung tried to stretch but he fell down from the couch.

“Greatttt.” Taehyung moaned. “Even the couch hates me.” He mumbled to himself and he got up and walked towards the bathroom. He glances at the bathroom clock and curses under his breath, it was already way past noon. He took a quick shower and chose to wear a long sleeve sweater, you know, to cover up his wounds on his arm. He remembered that he has to go buy some flowers for his uncle. He grabs his keys, wallet and phone and heads right out. He knew that there is a new flower shop that opened up nearby and he decided to go there.

“Welcome!” He was welcomed once he opened the door of the flower shop. The shop had a ery warm and welcoming aura, with neutral colours on the wall and small potted plants hanging on the awnings. There are a lot of flowers there. He nods towards the salesgirl and walks around, not knowing what to choose. He begins taking one stalk of each and ends up with a very ugly bouquet. The salesgirl looks confused and she decided to come help.

“Hi! What kind of flowers are you looking for?” She asked and Taehyung stared at his own bouquet.

“Is this alright for a death anniversary?” He asked.

“Uhm I’m afraid it’s a little too colourful.” She said gently. “Maybe you want me to help?”

Taehyung sighs and he nods. The girl took the bouquet from Taehyung and begins arranging them back to their own buckets. She took a bunch of lilies and white rose and put them on the counter. Taehyung looks at her as she walks to the back and never returned. He stood at the counter, looking around and soon after, a man walks out and he smiles at Taehyung and if he could use one word to describe the man, it would be beautiful. The man walks towards the flowers on the counter and he begin to arrange them; cutting off any excessive leaves and stalks and finally wrapping them up. Taehyung was attracted by the way he works and he didn’t realize that he was staring directly at him.

“Is this yours?” The man asked and Taehyung nods. “It’s done.”

Taehyung blushed intensely as he knew that he was acting really weird. He quickly paid for his flowers and dashed out of the shop. He walked slowly towards the cemetery and he hums a song while he was walking. He’s responsible for visiting his uncle every year because he lives nearby and he likes it. His uncle was his best friend when he was alive and Taehyung would spend hours chatting to him. He would just sit down by the grave and start giving updates about his lives to his uncle. Without knowing the time, Taehyung had been sitting there for 4 hours and he is hungry. He remembers that he had not eaten anything and he knew that it was time to leave. He bid his uncle goodbye and walks back home slowly. He stops by a ramen shop and walks in without hesitating, he loves ramen.

“Taehyung! What a surprise.” The shop owner said. “You’ve not been here for quite some time now.”

“Sorry.” Taehyung laughed. “I was busy.”

“Aigoo poor kid. Just wait here, I’ll make something delicious for you.” She said and walks into the kitchen. Taehyung makes himself at home and he begin to text his mother, telling her that he had visited his uncle.

“Here’s your noodles.” The shop owner said and places a huge bowl of ramen in front of Taehyung.

“That’s a lot!” Taehyung laughed. “Are you sure I can finish it?”

“Young people like you need to eat more so you can grow healthily.” She said.

“Thank you so much! I’ll dig in now!” Taehyung said and he began to eat his ramen.

“You remind me so much of my son.” The shop owner said. “He likes ramen too.”

Taehyung smiled. “I haven’t heard you talking about him before.”

“Oh he went overseas to study and now he’s back.” She said. And just as she was about to say something else, someone familiar walked into the shop.

“Mum!” The man shouted from the entrance and everyone turned. It was the same beautiful man from the flower shop.

“Jungkook ah, you’re back early!” The shop owner said and walked towards him.

“I’ve closed up the flower shop earlier to come help you.” He said. “I knew it gets busy during the evening.”

Taehyung tries to avoid eye contact with Jungkook because he was embarrassed of what happened that afternoon. Even so, he can’t help himself from taking a few glances at Jungkook and at one point, both of them made eye contact and Jungkook smiles. Jungkook sat down by the table just in front of Taehyung and he looks at him. Taehyung lowers his head and begin eating his ramen slowly. Something was missing and he looks up,

“Can I have some extra soy sauce please?” Both Taehyug and Jungkook said in unison. Taehyung looked at Jungkook and the both of them smiled awkwardly.

“Here you go.” The shop owner gave Taehyung an extra bottle of soy sauce and places another one on Jungkook’s table. “The two of you are weird.” She said and chuckled.

“So uhm… You like adding extra soy sauce in your ramen too?” Jungkook asked Taehyung.

Taehyung nods. “It’s not like the ramen is not tasty here, I just like it that way.”

“Same.” Jungkook smiled. “Mum always used to yell at me everytime but now she just ignores me and gives it to me anyways.”

Taehyung nods and smiles. He didn’t know what to say so he just continues eating his noodles. He can hear Jungkook standing up and walking away and then coming back and sitting back down again. He realized that Jungkook is helping around the shop while eating. Jungkook had this habit of taking a big mouthful and looks around to see if anyone need anything in the shop. And if anyone does, he would dash towards them and help out. By the time Taehyung is done with his food Jungkook’s bowl is still half full. He paid for his ramen and bid goodbye to the shop owner.

“Bye!” Jungkook was waving towards his direction. “See you soon!” He said with a huge smile.


Taehyung woke up earlier than he usually would today. He was surprised that he woke up this early. He made breakfast and did his laundry, which was something productive for him. He knew that the job interview that he had went two days ago isn’t going to hire him so he decided to go job hunting again. He was really feeling really bad now, fourth failed interview now.  He gets up and remembers that he still needs to take out the trash. He picked up the garbage bag and walked outside to go downstairs to the huge garbage disposal. He was done and went back up and just as he was going to unlock his door, Jungkook opened up the door next door and walked out. He paused when he saw Taehyung and Taehyung was in shock as Jungkook is.

“Uhm… Hi neighbour?” Jungkook said.

“You live here?” Taehyung asked.

“Yeah.” Jungkook nods. “Just moved in two days ago.”

“Oh… Uh… Welcome…? I supposed?” He said in a very soft voice.

“Heading to work?” Jungkook asked.

Taehyung shook his head. “To be honest, I’m unemployed.”

“Oh?” Jungkook looked at Taehyung, trying really hard to put his words together. “Uhm…”

“Yeah so uhm… I have nothing else to do.” Taehyung said.

Jungkook realized how sad Taehyung looked and he didn’t know what to say or do to not offend him. Taehyung realized that Jungkook had been spacing out and he laughs. Jungkook eyes widen and he stares at Taehyung.

“You don’t have to feel bad for me.” He said. “I’m used to it.”

“Oh uh… Okay.” Jungkook nods. “Well then… I’ll be leaving now. Stop by my mum’s shop when you’re free, my treat.”

Taehyung bids Jungkook goodbye and he went back inside to his apartment. It is the truth that he had nothing else better to do. He sat down back on his couch and looks around his apartment. It wasn’t that bad. Well, it’s cosy, maybe it wasn’t that neat and there are leftover cup noodles on the table. That’s it, Taehyung thought; he stood up and began to clean up his place. He had one small hobby though, he likes to collect small inanimate objects and place them everywhere in the house. There’s a family of cute small cats by the sink and they have a nice small house beside them. Taehyung would smile and look at them whenever he washes his dishes. There’s also a few tables and chairs up on coffee table, he thinks that it could be a place for small bugs to chill with him when he watches TV. He heard a knock on the door and he stood up. That’s weird, nobody usually visits him during this time in the day. He walked towards the door and he opens it, shocked to see Jungkook standing there.

“On second thought, why don’t we go have breakfast together?” Jungkook asked.

“Now?” Taehyung asked.

“Now.” Jungkook nods his head.

“Well uhm, let me shower and change my clothes real quick.” He said. “I guess just come in and wait for a while?” Taehyung opened up the door wider for Jungkook to go in.

Jungkook walked into Taehyung’s apartment and he was quite impressed and embarrassed at the same time. He was impressed that Taehyung’s apartment was really nice and embarrassed that his was a complete mess. He just moved in two days ago and everything is still in boxes, and he sleeps on the floor with a bed sheet as a blanket. Taehyung gave him a glass of water and went to take a shower and while waiting for Taehyung, Jungkook looked around and smiles at the miniature objects Taehyung had around the house. Taehyung walked out about fifteen minutes later and once again, he’s wearing his long sleeves hoodie.

“Let’s go.” Taehyung said and Jungkook stood up. They both of them walked slowly towards Jungkook’s mother’s ramen shop. They went in and Jungkook’s mum was shocked to see them.

“Jungkook, Taehyung! Didn’t the two of you have to work?” She asked.

Taehyung was going to explain all over again, saying he’s unemployed and all but Jungkook spoke up before him.

“We’re having day offs today.” Jungkook said. “Such a coincidence.”

“But you just opened a week ago, is it alright for the boss to not go into work?”

“It’s fine it’s fine.” Jungkook said and gently pushes his mother towards the kitchen. “Now mum, we’ll need two bowls of our delicious ramen.”

Taehyung just sat there and looks at Jungkook running around the restaurant to help out; wiping the tables, refilling the sauce bottles, filling up water containers and so on. He runs into the kitchen every now and then to take out the food to serve it to the customers. Taehyung is really impressed by Jungkook’s energy.

“Excuse me?” A customer called.

“Yes?” Jungkook immediately run towards them.

Taehyung sat around and waited for a while and Jungkook came plopping down back onto his seat.

“Busy day.” Jungkook said and smiled.

“You’re the owner of the flower shop?” Taehyung asked.

“Yup.” Jungkook nods. “It’s my aunt’s shop initially, but she retired and wanted me to inherit it.”

“That’s nice.” Taehyung said and nods slowly.

“Don’t mind if I ask…” Jungkook said. Taehyung already knew what he wanted to ask about. “Why are you unemployed?”

Taehyung hesitated. “I don’t know.” He answered. “It’s not like I don’t try or anything, I just can’t get one job.”

Jungkook stopped and he looked at Taehyung. He looked tired, not like physically tired but more like tired of everything. His eyes were full of sorrow even though he was smiling most of the time, the way he talks sounded sad. Jungkook continues to obverse the male in front of him, he is beautiful is what Jungkook can think of. He is curious of Taehyung and he really wants to know more about him, he seems like someone with a lot stories to tell. His long slender fingers wrapped around his phone and his eyes sparkle at the reflection from the phone’s screen. Taehyung looked up and Jungkook immediately avert his gaze, embarrassed that he was staring at Taehyung this whole time.

“Hey…” Jungkook suddenly, breaking the silence between them. “If you don’t mind… How do I put this…”

Taehyung looked at him patiently, waiting for him to look for the words that he wanted to say.

 “Yes?”

“You can come work with me.” Jungkook finally said it. “I mean, you know, until you found a job you want.”

Taehyung paused. He was really shocked that Jungkook brought this up.

“I mean if you don’t want to…”

“Are you being serious?” Taehyung interrupted before Jungkook can finish his sentence.

“Well, yeah.” Jungkook nods.

“But I’m not any good in doing anything related to flowers.” Taehyung said. “I at putting colours together.”

Jungkook laughed. “You don’t have to do those.” He said. “It took me two years to learn how to arrange them.”

Taehyung laughed. It was the first time Jungkook had ever heard him laughed and it was nice. He liked it when Taehyung laughs.

“What made you guys so happy?” Jungkook’s mother asked while putting two servings of ramen on the table.

“Nothing.” Jungkook said and smiled.

Taehyung begin blowing on his noodles and reaches out to take the soy sauce. Jungkook was doing the same too, causing the two of their hands to touch. The both of them flinched and looked at each other with an awkward look. Taehyung pushes the bottle towards Jungkook, indicating that he should go first.

“So when am I starting?” Taehyung asked.

“Today.” Jungkook said. “Or should I say in about an hour. Yoongi is going to kill me for letting him opening up all by himself.”

“Thank you Jungkook.” Taehyung suddenly said. “Really.”

“It’s nothing. Besides, I really need extra help.” Jungkook said. He saw someone raising their hand and just as he was about to stand up to go help them, Taehyung grabbed his arm and pulled him back down gently.

“You’ll get indigestions if you continue to do this.” Taehyung said. “Finish up first.”

“I’m used to this.” Jungkook smiled.

Taehyung looked at Jungkook with his eyebrows raised. Jungkook smiled and he sat back down.

“Okay okay.” He said and pick up his chopsticks. “I’ll help out later.”

The both of them finish up and Jungkook began dashing around the restaurant again. Taehyung smiled and shakes his head. He stood up and helped around too but was stopped by Jungkook and his mother. Jungkook done helping and he and Taehyung began walking back to the flower shop so Taehyung can start working that day. The two of them walked into the shop only to be greeted by a very grumpy Yoongi.

“How could you make me open up this morning and you did not buy me coffee.” Yoongi said.

“I did. And sorry about this morning, something came up.” Jungkook said and hands Yoongi the iced Americano he bought earlier. “Oh and by the way, this is Taehyung. He’ll be joining us starting from today.”

Yoongi stared at Jungkook as if he was crazy. He flashed Taehyung a smile and pulled Jungkook to the other side of the room.

“Are you out of your mind?” He asked. “We’re not even making enough profit and you’re still hiring someone?”

“Yoongi, listen.” Jungkook looks at him. “He needs my help.”

“Oh yea as if we don’t need help.” Yoongi said and rolled his eyes. “Jungkook you need to listen to me.”

“Yoongi, I know what we are facing now. But I can’t just let him being this depressed all this time. I didn’t get my Psychology degree for nothing.”

Yoongi still looks concerned. “I don’t know dude…”

“Come on.” Jungkook said. “We can do this. Trust me.”

“Fine.” Yoongi said. “I trust you.”

Jungkook gave Yoongi a headlock and ruffles his hair. “I know I can count on my best buddy.”

Taehyung stood there staring at the both of them. He was kinda jealous of their relationship. He never did have a best friend because basically he is a little awkward and a little introverted. Jungkook came back with an apron on his hand and he gives it to Taehyung.

“So yeah.” Jungkook shrugged. “Welcome abroad.”

Taehyung took a look at the logo printed on the apron. Spring Day.

“Smart name.” Taehyung said.

Jungkook smiled. “Cause the flowers start to bloom in spring.” He said. “Now let’s just start with the basics like watering the plants and spraying the flowers with water.” Jungkook said and gave Taehyung the spray bottle. “Let’s get working I guess.”


Taehyung was happy working there. He had been working for Jungkook for about two weeks now and he likes it. The two of them always walked home together after closing and they always stop by the convenience store to get supper. Well, to be honest, he liked something else more than the flower shop. Jungkook. He had this weird little feeling whenever he sees Jungkook; his heart skips a little bit whenever Jungkook flashes him a smile and whenever he gives him a little wink and everyday whenever he goes into work, he would give Jungkook a small stalk of the snowdrop flower and that confuses Jungkook. He also had been hanging out with Yoongi and Jungkook a whole lot these two weeks and he likes it. He stopped hurting himself but that still didn’t stop him from wearing long sleeved shirts. The scars are still there and he needs to hide those. He didn’t want anyone else to know about this, definitely not his new friends. But it was hot today, real hot, like 37 degree Celsius (around 98 degree Fahrenheit) hot; and he is beginning to regret his decision.

“You’re a funny person.” Jungkook said while pulling away dead leaves on the flowers.

“What?” Taehyung asked.

“It’s so hot outside and you’re wearing long sleeves.” Jungkook said. “And I realize something, you always wear long sleeves.”

“I like it.” Taehyung said. “It’s long and comfy.”

“It’s literally like Satan’s summer home outside.” Jungkook said. “Even the air conditioning does not help.”

Taehyung laughed. “Want me to go get something cooling?”

“Finally someone said it!” Yoongi suddenly popped out from the back. “I wanted to go but it’s too hot to even go out.”

“I’ll go.” Taehyung said. “Ice cream or iced coffee?”

“Both?” Jungkook asked.

Taehyung smiled. “I’ll be back in a while.” He said and took off his apron. He walked towards the coffee shop and bought them coffee and then later to the convenience store to buy ice cream. He went back to the flower shop and gave them the coffee he bought. He sat down and opened up his iced Americano cup’s lid and scoop out his vanilla ice cream and put it in his coffee. Jungkook saw what he was doing and he got curious. He walked towards Taehyung and sat down beside him.

“You do this everytime?” Jungkook asked.

“No.” Taehyung blinked. “Well sometimes, when I feel like it.”

“My dad used to do this too.” Jungkook said. “He loved this combination. He said that it puts the right amount of sweetness in the coffee.”

“It does.” Taehyung smiled. “It’s like a little bit of sweetness in the bitterness of the coffee.”

“Wow. Are you always this deep?” Jungkook asked.

“Nope. I’m usually an idiot all the time.”

“Sounds fair.” Jungkook said. “If not you’ll be too perfect to be true.”

Taehyung blushed at that comment. Jungkook is always giving him compliments and he’s always fluttered whenever he does that. He’s always having low self esteem in things he does since he started failing his job interviews. And with Jungkook, that ball of energy had been helping him since they met. He’s really thankful towards Jungkook and he wants to thank him. He couldn’t think of anything except for to cook for him. Taehyung doesn’t in cooking like he used to be; he used to be an idiot in that region.

“Hey uhm wanna come over to dinner tonight?” Taehyung asked. It’s Saturday and the flower shop closes earlier than usual. Jungkook usually goes straight to help out at his mother’s.

“Why?”

“I uhm…” Taehyung was finding excuses or any reasons he can to invite him over. “I accidentally bought too much groceries and I need someone to help me eat it before it goes bad.” He lied. He actually bought extra because Jungkook is a hella an eater.

“Okay….” Jungkook looked at him, suspicious. “We’ll go together after closing?” He asked.

“Yeah.” Taehyung nods. “Sounds good.”

Taehyung was nervous the whole day. He had a whole lot of recipes written down, all jotted down when he secretly went and meet up with Jungkook’s mother to get to know what his favourite food are. He kept checking the time, excited and worried at the same time. What if he messed up and Jungkook could end up having food poisoning or something. After what seems like forever, finally, it was 5pm. He grabbed his bag, didn’t even waited for Jungkook and runs back home.

“And he said he wanted to go back together.” Jungkook chuckled when he takes off his apron. Yoongi didn’t come in today, he won’t be coming to work for about two weeks, he went to Busan to go spend some time with his boyfriend. Jungkook gave him his two weeks off because he knew that Yoongi had been planning to surprise Jimin this whole year. Jungkook cleans up and he locks the door. He walks back home and he knocks on Taehyung’s door. Taehyung opens immediately and he laughs when he saw Jungkook.

“I am so sorry I didn’t wait for you.” Taehyung said. “I came back to clean up before you come in.”

“It’s not like I have not seen your house messy before.” Jungkook laughed as he walked into the apartment. And that was the truth. There was once where Taehyung was busy working with Jungkook and he totally did not even bother to clean up. Jungkook came over to wake Taehyung up and he was shocked by the amount of laundry scattered all over the room.

“Well uhm, it’s different.” Taehyung said and closes the door.

Jungkook was impressed. The house was clean and neat and he could clearly see the miniature toys around the room. He looked towards the table and that made him even more impressed. There was a feast on the table.

“I might have made too much.” Taehyung said and went to turn off the stove. “I’ve made chicken ginseng soup.”

“What?” Jungkook looked at him. “You know how to cook that?”

“I used to think that I would want to work as a chef. Spent two years learning how to cook in an academy and my father shut down that dream.” Taehyung said.

“Why would he do that?”

“Or else I would overfeed the whole family.” Taehyung laughed. “At least that’s what he thought.”

The two of them ate a lot that night. Taehyung overestimated Jungkook’s ability to eat and they have way more leftover than he expected.

“I guess we’re bringing lunch to work tomorrow.” Taehyung said while he was packing up the leftovers into containers and stuffing them into the fridge.

“Let me help with the dishes.” Jungkook said and he begins washing the dishes.  Taehyung walked towards him and without thinking, he rolled up his sleeves to help washing the dishes. Jungkook immediately notices and he grabs Taehyung’s arms. Taehyung gasps.

“What happened…?” He asked while looking straight into Taehyung’s eyes.

Taehyung immediately pulls back his arm and pulls down his sleeves. “It’s nothing.” He said and avoids Jungkook’s eyes.

“You hurt yourself?” Jungkook asked again.

Taehyung avoided Jungkook’s questions and he turned back to the sink to continue washing the dishes. He didn’t want Jungkook to know that he is that vulnerable. Jungkook turned off the tap. He pulled Taehyung’s shoulders to make him face him. Taehyung is already started to tear up but he was holding it back real hard.

“Taehyung.” Jungkook pulled up his sleeves. “What… Why?”

Taehyung looks at Jungkook. “I don’t know Jungkook. I was stressed out and this seems like the only right thing to do.” He said. “I felt relieved like this I just can’t stop.”

“You can come tell me.” Jungkook said and he touches Taehyung’s scars. “Does it hurt?”

Taehyung shook his head. “I did this before I even know you.” He explained. “I’ve stopped once I know you.”

Jungkook’s heart aches when he saw the scars on Taehyun’s arm. The guy that he knew was so quiet, so gentle; he didn’t expect Taehyung to do something like this. He knew that Taehyung won’t want to talk about it now so he stopped asking. Taehyung looked at Jungkook, his eyebrows furrowed and there was no twinkle in his eyes like usual. He wasn’t smiling either and his rabbit teeth weren’t showing.

Taehyung tried his best to smile. “Hey look.” He taps on Jungkook’s shoulders. “I’m alright. I’m perfectly fine.” He said. “That was me in the past, I’m different now. And you know what? It’s all because of you.”

“Me?” Jungkook asked. “What did I do?”

“You changed me.” Taehyung said. “Because of you, I’ve been able to start all over. I pay my own rent, I settled my bills, I got a job because of you. I can’t believe what am I supposed to do without you.”

Jungkook looks at him and he sighs. “Promise me.”

“What?”

“That you won’t do it again.

“I swear I won’t.” Taehyung said. “Dumped every single blade out of my room.”

“Okay that’s it. I’m coming to check on you every day.”

“We see each other every day.” Taehyung laughs.

Jungkook did come over to check on Taehyung every day. Before this the two of them only were together after the shop closes and Jungkook would head off to his mother’s restaurant and Taehyung back home. Now Taehyung tags along with Jungkook and he helps out in the restaurant too. Jungkook would also stealthily pulled up Taehyung’s sleeves every now and then to check to see if there are any new scars on his arm.

“Jeon Jungkook.”

“What?” Jungkook tried to play dumb.

“You need to stop pulling my sleeves. You’re making it loose.”

“I just need to check.” Jungkook said. “Who knows.”

“Here.” Taehyung gave Jungkook a little stalk of flower. It was the snowdrop flower.

“Why are you giving me this?” Jungkook asked.

“It’s because you’re my hope.” Taehyung smiled.

“Oh…” Jungkook nods. “I should have known. Well, two can play that game.” He said and walked away, only to come back with a small bunch of flowers.

“Baby breathe?” Taehyung asked. “Why?”

Jungkook shrugged. “Find the meaning yourself.” He said.

Taehyung rolled his eyes and laughed. “I’ll be spraying water at the flowers if you need me.” He said and walked away with the spray bottle.

“So when are you telling him you like him.”

“Maybe n…. Wait what?”Jungkook turned. Yoongi was hanging around the counter, arranging flowers in the vase for their customer. “What are you talking about?”

“Come on.” Yoongi points a flower towards Jungkook. “Admit it. You like him.”

“No I don’t.” Jungkook said while blinking. “I’m just really worried about him.”

“Uh hmmm…” Yoongi nods. “Well pretty boy, one thing I know about getting a boyfriend is you’ll need to strike fast.” He said and puts a flower in Jungkook’s chest pocket.

And just as Yoongi finished his sentence, the door opened and Namjoon walked in. Taehyung didn’t realize him walking in and he legit jumped when he saw Namjoon.

“Why are you here?” He asked.

“Why can’t I be here?” Namjoon asked. “Gotta check on my little brother.” He said and ruffles Taehyung’s hair.

“Talk about rivals.” Yoongi said and nods towards Namjoon. “Any idea who he is?”

Jungkook turned and looked at Namjoon. He’s seen their picture together in Taehyung’s living room.

“Boyfriend?” Jungkook said. “I don’t know.”

“But you do want to know don’t you?” Yoongi asked and Jungkook stops. Yoongi is right, he really wants to know.

Jungkook pretends to move in closer to Taehyung and Namjoon to listen to what they were talking about. He didn’t get any information and all he got was them talking about Daegu and stuff. Namjoon left after a few moments of chatting and Jungkook heard that they’re going for dinner together later. That was weird because they were supposed to have dinner together today. He pretend to go back to work and carry on with his day, waiting for Taehyung to come tell him that they have to cancel tonight.

“Hey Jungkook.” Taehyung came after Namjoon went out of the door.

“Hmm?” He pretended to be busy.

“We’ll have to cancel tonight.” Taehyung said. “Namjoon is here and I have to have dinner with him.”

“I’m fine.” Jungkook said, pretending not to care. “It’s not like I was looking forward for dinner tonight. Whatever.”

“Right…” Taehyung looked at Jungkook. He turns to Yoongi and Yoongi shrugged. “What’s wrong with him?” He asked.

“Beats me.” Yoongi said. “Maybe he’s a little jealous.”

Taehyung got really confused. Jungkook didn’t really talk to him that day and pretty much avoided him. He was jealous, for no reason. He wants to pretend that he didn’t care but in reality he’s really jealous that Namjoon is going for dinner with Taehyung and not him. He totally blanked out during dinner over at his mum’s and he almost put wasabi into his noodles.

“What are you doing?” His mum stopped him and just because he dropped a huge spoonful of wasabi into his soup.

Jungkook smiled. He wonders what was Taehyung doing now. Taehyung on the other hand was really confused. He wasn’t paying attention to his spaghetti as well; he was just poking it and twirling it while staring into blank.

“What is wrong with you?” Namjoon asked. “Lost your appetite?”

“What?” Taehyung looked at him. “Oh nah. Just thinking of something.”

“Thinking of your boss?”

“What? Jungkook? Why would I be thinking about him?”

“I don’t know.” Namjoon said. “He seems like he like you.”

“Nonsense.” Taehyung said and took a mouthful of his now cold spaghetti. “He’s a friend.”

“Well whatever you want to think.” Namjoon shrugged.

Now that Namjoon had said that, Taehyung begin to think about the possibility of Jungkook liking him and vice versa for the rest of the night. Namjoon went and stayed at a friend’s place after dinner and he dropped off Taehyung at his apartment. He was unlocking his door when Jungkook was coming out of his. They made eye contact and immediately looks away.

“Uhm… Just got back?” Jungkook asked.

“Yeah.” Taehyung nods. “Where are you going?”

“Supper.” Jungkook said. “I got hungry.”

“Can I tag along?” Taehyung asked. “I didn’t enjoy much of my dinner. It was cold.”

“Didn’t you went for dinner with Namjoon?”

“Yeah. But I’m still hungry.” Taehyung locked his door back up and so did Jungkook.

The two of them walked to the convenience store and both of them bought instant ramen. Jungkook added extra cheese onto Taehyung’s ramen because he likes it that way and Taehyung added extra chilli flakes on Jungkook’s. The two of them laughed when they saw that they were picking out each other favourite add-ons. They went and sat down outside of the store and begin eating silently. Jungkook realized that Taehyung was wearing a short sleeved shirt now and he’s not hiding any of his scars. He took a peek and was really glad that there were no additional new ones.

“Hey.” The two of them spoke up at the same time.

“You first.” Jungkook said.

“I uhm… Really want to thank you, a lot. You basically saved me.” Taehyung said.

“Were you suicidal back then?” Jungkook asked.

“No.” Taehyung shook his head. “I don’t have that kind of bravery to do that.”

The two of them enjoyed each other presence after they are done with their supper. Taehyung bought extra ice pops and the two of them were on it while sitting by the swing at the nearby park. Taehyung was thinking about what Namjoon said earlier, about Jungkook possibly like him and Jungkook on the other hand, was thinking about who the hell Namjoon was.

“Hey uhm Jungkook?” Taehyung suddenly said. “I think I have something to tell you.”

Jungkook turned and looked at Taehyung with his big eyes and he blinked, waiting for Taehyung to say whatever he wants to tell him.

“So you like me?” Taehung suddenly said. Jungkook almost choked on his own saliva and he stares at Taehyung.

“Yeah. I do.” Jungkook nods his head.

“I mean in a like like kinda way.”

“Oh…” Jungkook blinks. “Uhm I…” He didn’t want to say he likes Taehyung when knowing that he had a boyfriend. “Of course not, I liked you as a friend.”

“Oh…” Taehyung’s shoulder’s dropped. “But I like you.”

“You what?!” Jungkook almost shouted.

Taehyung got shocked and he fell right off the swing, crashes onto the ground and hitting his head on the ground. It hurts and Taehyung moaned. Jungkook panicked and got off the swing and helped Taehyung up. Taehyung was laughing when he finally got up and that made Jungkook worry.

“Does it hurt? Are you okay?” He asked. “Do you know who I am? What’s your name?”

Taehyung was laughing a lot. “I’m fine. You’re Jungkook and I’m Taehyung.” He said.

Jungkook smiled. “You scared me over there.”

The two of them paused. Their faces were really close to each other and they can feel each other breathe on their faces. Taehyung got brave and he leans in and kissed Jungkook. Jungkook was really taken aback and he froze. This is not right, he thought. He pushes Taehyung away and stares at him.

“You have a boyfriend!” He said.

Taehyung looked at him, confused.

“Boyfriend?” He asked. “Namjoon?”

Jungkook nods.

“He’s my idiot of a brother.” Taehyung laughed.

Jungkook was left speechless. Of course. Kim Taehyung, Kim Namjoon.

“So I was misunderstanding you all this while?”

“If he was my boyfriend then it would be .” Taehyung said. “And I don’t ever want that.”

Jungkook laughed. It was so nice to see someone like Taehyung who was cold and expressionless change into someone that is outgoing and funny.

“But it’s not if you are my boyfriend.” Taehyung added.

Jungkook looks at Taehyung and he intertwined their fingers together. He pulls Taehyung into a hug and he hugs him tightly, not letting go.

“’I’ll never leave you and I’ll love you forever.”

“Oh so that’s what this means.” Taehyung pulled out the small bunch of baby breaths that Jungkook gave him.

“You did ask Yoongi did you?”

“You know there’s something called Google right.” Taehyung said and Jungkook laughed.

They walk back home together, hand in hand and head straight back to Taehyung’s place. Both of them were ready for bed and what happens next was only known by those behind that closed door. *wink wink*

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Because you are my hope. :)


Random question:

Anyone up for some TaeGi next? 

Also this was a request from kpop- Jungshook

Leave a comment if you me to write anything! DMs are welcomed too!